[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Americans portray French as barbaric and sex-crazed for Injun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
Why Americans portray French as barbaric and sex-crazed for Injun girls in this movie?

We here in France are very angry about this movie. Very angry.
>>
what movie? Also you fucked up with your proxy ping pong
>>
>>53631902
Revenants, homo
>>
>>53631846
Hey man, the director is Mexican
>>
>>53632943
Mexicans, Americans same shit in North America
>>
It's based on real events, did you ever stop and consider that the french were cunts irl? It's not so far-fetched.
>>
>>53631846
They're French-Canadian not French. And its a pretty accurate depiction
>>
>>53633092

>Mexicans, Americans, Aliens from Omicron Persei 8 same shit in North America
>>
>>53631846
oh right according to history the french were very respectful and kind to the natives
>>
>>53633294
There are more differences between France and Germany than there are between USA and Mexico.
>>
>>53633216
This. Look at Sault Saint Marie and all the French orbiters still trying to get injun vagina

t. Rez cunt
>>
>>53633293
Are you French-Canadian?
>>
>>53633361
You get beheaded in Mexico, while you get shot in the U.S.

While in France you get shot, but in Germany you get raped...I mean, culturally enriched.
>>
>>53631846
basically Americans don't like French very much. My English teachers in US sometime said shit about France in class, I don't know why.
>>
>>53633361

Genetically? Governmentally?

>this section of land and this section of land are essentially closer geographically but much different than that section of land and that section of land
>>
>>53633357
we were infinitly less cunty than English and spanish.
>>
>>53633537
Americans don't like us. We don't like them either so I guess it's ok
>>
>>53633637
Ok, we don't need you guys anyways
>>
>>53633616
>"Bonjour mister Native, what's this country called?"
>"Uhh... canada [our village]?"
>"Oui zat will suffice"
>>
>>53633703
Go choke on your freedom fries
>>
>>53633734
Go choke on your white flags
>>
>>53633734
Go to an Eagles of Death Metal concert
>>
>>53633810
>>53633834

-posted from cuckshed
>>
>>53633637
The US likes France, the exception are kosher conservatives since they hate Europe and were butthurt over the 2003 Iraq war
>>
>>53633854
-posted from a halal resturant
>>
>>53633946
Americans sure love to talk shit about us
>>
>>53633854
Posted from underneath your desk at work
>>
>>53631846
>We here in France are very angry about this movie

>Hong Kong

Moron
>>
There were hardly any moral people in that movie.

No one was unfairly made to look evil.
>>
>>53633946

japan should be 50+, never heard anything bad about japs in here. the others are correct
>>
As another anon said, they were Quebecois, which French consider to be American

>>53633361
I think you took this hyperbole too far lad. France and Germany are both very first world and have very similar statistics (poverty rate, healthcare, crime rate (very low). Both are very stable social democracies, part of the eurozone, same currency. Both view each other with a sense of equality (within European superiority). There's banter and political rows, but not feelings that the other should be exterminated, deported, nuked or are subhuman. Youth subcultures in our globalized world have heavily globalized/Americanized the youth. They're also genetically very similar

The US and Mexico are more genetically different, do not get along, Mexico rabidly hates the US and anti-US conspiracy and anger permeates their media and society, while Americans see Mexico as poor, invading, brown and sometimes racially inferior. Incomes, crime rates for various things, corruption rates, poverty rates, infrastructure, currency, healthcare, economic diversification vary considerably. I know its comforting to exaggerate the culture/cultural differences of west Euro nations, but the vast economic and stability gulf between Mexico and the US has huge ramifications in how life is like here and there. if Mexico were as wealthy and had similar socio-economic statistics to the USA though (as similar as the economy of France and Germany are to each other), I believe you would be right though

This just seems like one of those comforting, narcissistic hyperboles tossed around on 4chan like >"that village in Portugal has 10.56 billion times more culture than your whole country!" (then proceeds to not be able to name a single cultural item from that village without google searches)
>>
>>53634025
>France is one of the least hated nations on earth, don't have to endure any racial or religious prejudice like much of humanity does
>Can't handle some light banter from the USA and UK

Big babby tb-h, even Filipinos get 100x more intense hate than French
>>
>>53633293
Who ?

>>53633537
>>53633810
>>53633834
Wew
>>
>>53634339
What? I mean Christy Jesus it's lime you want to be called a cunt. WANT to.

Below Rhoda, I can't believe you, though lmao Rhoda himself is a bad character burr you o oboe
And slightly odd and off roux is the you going to pan77. Went dogs your go they're.?

There were hardly any moral people in that movie.

No

No sense at fucking all

Just literally fill up and Gwendolyn down.
>>
>>53631846
>French as sex crazed
Is this not true?

I thought cheating and having mistresses was an intergral part of French culture.
>>
>>53635063
R...rare ?
>>
>>53635158
Not particularly

There was that one guatemalan arguing that guatemala was somehow better than california yesterday I remember
>>
>>53635063
it's an awful stereotype
>>
>>53634855
>Wew

A..are you done with the banter for the thread?
>>
File: 1404691213463.png (74KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1404691213463.png
74KB, 225x225px
>>53631846
>We here in France
>Proxy set to wrong country

EBIN
>>
>>53635039
>no sense at fucking all

Pretty much
>>
>>53635039
wh-what?
>>
The director is Mexican, not American you big doo-doo head.
>>
Talk about an over-hyped snoozefest.

I gotta hand it to the cast and crew for suffering more than the audience, however.
>>
Only film about native americans you need to see fammyfam

https://youtu.be/hZHzg381xy8
>>
>>53631846
>Why Americans portray French as barbaric and sex-crazed for Injun girls in this movie?

They don't like us.

Same with "The last Samurai" they replaced all the French soldiers with American ones.
Hollyjew is revisionist.
>>
>>53633357
Yes, we even ficki ficki with them because we lacked manpower.
>>
>>53635158
Sort of, I guess it doesn't count if I'm I tourist.

Posted here before too.
>>53635214
>There was that one guatemalan arguing that guatemala was somehow better than california yesterday I remember

Maybe culturally. But the poorest spic in Fresno would be the average here.
>>
>>53633616
>The country that went non-stop apeshit against the world in the 19th century
Yeah, not as a bad as us, but worse.
>>
>>53635810
The world was against us because of filthy britbongs.

Your fault for join their "Cannon fodder" coalition
>>
File: géniebouchard41.jpg (218KB, 2000x1232px) Image search: [Google]
géniebouchard41.jpg
218KB, 2000x1232px
Wow...tellement de désélusions anglo-saxonnes...Oui bien sure c'est les francais qui ont mis les criss de sauvages dans des réserves en plus de faire par expres pour les infecté de diverse maladies....
>>
>>53635985
>The world was against us because of filthy britbongs.
The same with us, though. We at least gave the countries we colonized culture, language and civilization, we didn't just exterminate them.
>joining the cannon fodder coalition
19th Spain had no "choice", the country was at the brink of disappearing.
>>
>>53631846
Because they got fucked up in the seven years war and amerifats are just rubbing it in.
>>
>>53636174

>tfw if stupid spics hadn't colonized mexico and south america and anglos did instead, we wouldn't have a problem with third world garbage immigrants flooding into the US
>>
>>53636174
>We at least gave the countries we colonized culture, language and civilization, we didn't just exterminate them.

They had all that before you came. You needed the church to step in to prevent your Viceroys from exterminating the Indios
>>
>>53636226
Suck my dick fdp, we won this war
>>
>>53636448
>tfw if stupid spics hadn't colonized mexico and south america and anglos did instead, we wouldn't have a problem with third world garbage immigrants flooding into the US
You are forgetting Pakistan and India invading the U.K, and those were not a Spanish colony.

>>53636568
>You needed the church to step in to prevent your Viceroys from exterminating the Indios
That's stupid, they were the main workforce, why would the mestizos want to exterminate them? Don't spout bullshit.
>>
>>53636929
Dude, the Ladinos have attempted to genocide the Indios here multiple times. Men can't wear traditional garb because in the past that meant they were liable to be killed.

Ever hear of Bartolomé de Las Casas?
>>
>>53637293
>Ever hear of Bartolomé de Las Casas?

No but I just googled it and it was interesting, thanks
>>
>>53637293
>Dude, the Ladinos
You mean the people that were not representative of the Spaniards? Hell, I had to google what they are, and they're so far from current Spaniards I don't even know why you bring them up as evidence that Spain was bad.
>>
>>53637805
They're what's left of the Spanish colonists who came to the Americas yes, but I digress.

At the very least, the Spaniards werent particularly kind to the natives of Hispaniola, as evidence that they don't exist anymore.

Encomienda also was basically slavery disguised as voluntary servitude, but even compared to slavery the mortality rate was extreamly high.
>>
>>53638524
>They're what's left of the Spanish colonists who came to the Americas yes, but I digress.
Saying the Ladinos are Spanish is like saying that modern day Filipinos are Spanish, the differences are too big.

And yes encomienda was basically slavery and the Spanish did kill quite a lot of people, but the original argument I had against the French guys was that the French were worse than the Spanish, which is not true.

And this atrocities Bartolomé spoke of were considerably exaggerated, because the image he painted implied that the were enough Spaniards in the Americas to pull off the systems he claim to see, when in reality Spaniards and mestizos were a minority.

Also, the first years of conquista were the worst ones in terms of humanity because the Extremeños and Vascos conquering the Americas were the best warriors at that time, coming from the reconquista and into facing civilizations which were not as advanced.

Then again, I'm not claiming atrocities happened. Also, don't forget that the colonies had political representation in Spain.
>>
>>53639057
>The Spanish were worse than the French
I cannot into type.
>>
>>53636174
We didn't kill (a lot) of natives, tho

Actually, France was like "wow, what an interesting people...let's trade !"
>>
>>53636226
How were we supposed to win this war (in America) ?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.