[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THERE MUST BE SOME KIND OF WAY OUT OF HERE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (435KB, 1280x833px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435KB, 1280x833px
THERE MUST BE SOME KIND OF WAY OUT OF HERE
>>
>>53550508
SAID THE JOKER TO THE THIEF
>>
SOME FOLKS ARE BORN
>>
THERES TOO MUCH CONFUSION
>>
File: CVL7BeAVEAANtf0.jpg (15KB, 379x503px) Image search: [Google]
CVL7BeAVEAANtf0.jpg
15KB, 379x503px
WELL HE AINT MAH BOI BUT THA BROTHA IS HEAVY!
>>
GOD HELP ME
I WAS ONLY 19

sorry we dragged you cunts into that shit sandwich, by the way
>>
>>53550658
This tbqh. Our bad.
>>
>>53550658

Fuck that. It separated the men from the boys. I'll you interpret what the United Kuckdom is.
>>
File: image.png (681KB, 641x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
681KB, 641x640px
>mfw watching a Vietnam War movie and "It Ain't Me" starts playing
>>
>>53550869
This meme triggers my autism. It's fortunate son you dickheads

>inb4 that's the joke
>>
>>53550658
We were kids, man
>>
>>53550658
>Frankie kicked a mine / the day that mankind kicked the moon
gets me choked up desu
>>
>>53551051
>(July 20)
>God help me, he was going home in June
triggers my autism tbf
>>
>>53550935
>"Fortunate Son" comes up on the radio

>"It Ain't Me" starts playing
>>
Rolling Thunder II would have been amazing to watch.

Damn shame the US pulled out before it started.
>>
File: image.jpg (490KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
490KB, 2048x1536px
tfw you'll never lose your mind in a jungle paradise
Why live
>>
>>53551629

Best ally. Inb4, bantz.
>>
>that on time the NVA sent jets to strike a US carrier but were spotted and intercepted just in time by he carriers air wing

Danger zone lads
>>
The war was just a prank. It was just a joke.

Why do the Vietnamese take it seriously?
>>
>be me
>101st Airborne Cold and Flue Division
>Dropping into Vitamin-kong Territory
>It ain't C starts playing
>>
I CAN'T GET NO RELIEF
>>
>The Confederacy couldn't defeat/repel the US with dudes walking around their territory and even technology gap

>Vietnam does it people in the jungles when the US has major technology advantage
>>
File: My-Lai-Massacre-09.jpg (1MB, 5080x3458px) Image search: [Google]
My-Lai-Massacre-09.jpg
1MB, 5080x3458px
>>53551871
They can't handle the bants
>>
File: feel.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
"F-Forrest.........I wanna go home"
>>
>>53552252
More like My Sides Massacre IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO!!
>>
Why didn't we try something besides search and destroy when it was clear that wasn't working?
>>
>>53551629
BARNES...BARNES
>>
>start a war on Vietnamese farmers
>no one wants to join
>jokingly ask Australia to help
>we actually do it because we're absolute MAD MEN
>>
>>53553399
You're still doing it
>>
>>53550508

SAID SHITPOSTER AS A MEME

Pop quiz for /int/ (no cheating): who was the original writer of OP's song?
>>
>>53553547
Bob Dylan?
Probably not, wouldve been too easy.
>>
>>53553515
Yeah. At the time I think it was because we didn't want to admit we wrong because we would look bad in front of the soviets. I don't know why we continue to do it though.
>>
>>53552207

>what is Political Will, and its Importance in Warfare
>>
File: 10 biggest fans.png (27KB, 309x590px) Image search: [Google]
10 biggest fans.png
27KB, 309x590px
Lost the war
Won their hearts
>>
vietcong was right you know, the white left, but the yellow stays.
>>
>>53553585

Ding Ding Ding!

That is correct, Oranje!

BONUS ROUND (no cheating!)

Who originally wrote the song "Woodstock", later covered by CSN&Y?
>>
>>53552207
>total war
>limited proxy war

wew lad
>>
>>53553617
just as planned
>>
>>53553636
you cant make omlette without some napalm.
smells like like... victory.
>>
>have to work on a merit badge, hang out with older mentor who used to be an electronics/communication guy in Vietnam
>he shows me some equipment, "We won because of our equipment. Look how perfectly machined this tuning cap is. In this radio, you have to slip this switch so you can transmit while you whisper..."
>takes a genuine pride in craftsmanship, can work agonizingly slow but is fun to be around and I really enjoy it
>finally decide to ask him about Vietnam
>tells me some of his impressions, how he's regretful that we abandoned the Hmong and Montagnard peoples
>says the Montagnards were the rightful people of South Vietnam, that they were the ones that traditionally lived there
>says he didn't talk about the war for decades after, thinks that his country abandoned him, he was spat on when he got back
>I didn't want to press the issue too much and strain anything

So many smart young guys died.
>>
>>53553617
>sure they bombed us into dust, but at least they aren't China!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk8umoqfz14

Feels. There's still Agent Orange clinics in Vietnam that you can volunteer in, and I'm considering it when I get through nursing.
>>
>>53553617
Funny how that turns out. A buddy of mine went there and said he was treated very well. Came back married too.

And buying stuff with American dollars would literally make it so a vendor wouldn't have to work forever. Crazy exchange rate.
>>
ALLLLLLL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER
>>
>>53553617
Ho Chi Minh loved the ideals of the US and based the Vietnamese constitution off the American one. Besides, they hate the Chinese way more so it's alright now.
>>
BUSINESSME, THEY DRINK MY WINE
>>
>>53555004
no he didn't that was all a shame, a ruse. he was a killer just like every other communist leader.

In North Vietnam during the 1950s, political opposition groups were suppressed; those publicly opposing the government were imprisoned in hard labor camps. Many middle-class, intellectual Northerners had been lured into speaking out against Ho's communist regime, and most of those who did were later imprisoned in gulags or executed; this became known as the Nhân Văn–Giai Phẩm affair. Some prisoners died of exhaustion, starvation, illness (often having received no medical attention), or assault by prison guards. Political scientist R. J. Rummel suggests a figure of 24,000 camp deaths during Ho's rule of North Vietnam between 1945 and 1956.[52]

The government launched "rent reduction" and "land reform" programs, which resulted in significant political oppression. Declassified Politburo documents confirm that 1 in 1,000 North Vietnamese (i.e., about 14,000 people) were the quota targeted for execution during the "rent reduction" campaign.[53] During the land reform, testimony from North Vietnamese witnesses suggested a ratio of one execution for every 160 village residents, which extrapolated nationwide would indicate nearly 100,000 executions. According to these the witnesses, the person executed was either executed by firing squad or buried to head level, then were plowed over. Those not executed were forced into hard labor camps Because the campaign was concentrated mainly in the Red River Delta area, a lower estimate of 50,000 executions became widely accepted by scholars at the time.[54][55][56]
>>
>>53555219
Widespread use of terror. Murder, kidnapping, torture and general intimidation were a routine part of VC/NVA operations and were calculated to cow the populace, liquidate opponents, erode the morale of GVN government employees, and boost tax collection and propaganda efforts.[95] This extensive use of terror on a daily basis received comparatively little attention from Western journalists occupied with covering the big unit war.[96] Terror was meant to demonstrate that both the rural and urban dweller were powerless against the Viet Cong and that the government could not protect them. Terror extended beyond targeted murders and kidnappings, and included the frequent mortaring of civilians in refugee camps, and the placing of mines on highways frequented by villagers taking their goods to urban markets. Some mines were set only to go off after heavy vehicle passage, causing extensive slaughter aboard packed civilian buses.[96]

Another terror method involved deliberate random shelling of populated areas with 122-mm rockets. Areas victimized included Saigon, Danang and other major cities.[97] At other times the Viet Cong eschewed the use of stand-off weapons and directly attacked villages and hamlets with the express intention of killing men, women and children to sow havoc, panic and insecurity. A 1968 attack on the hamlet of Son Tra in Quang Ngai province for example, used flamethrowers to incinerate 78 civilians, wounded many more, and destroyed most of the hamlet.[98]
>>
>>53555219
Several spectacular incidents of terror stand out in VC/NVA operations, although these were not publicized in the Western media to the extent of the American-perpetrated My Lai Massacre.[100]

Hue: During Tet for example, Communist forces seemed to have carefully planned for mass killings, with prepared hitlists carried both by the invading VC units and local infrastructure operatives. One of the sites of the worse atrocity was the city of Hue.
Civil servants, officers, teachers and religious figures were rounded up first and executed after quick "revolutionary" trials. A second roundup fingered leaders of civic organizations, intellectuals, professionals and individual civilians and their families who had worked for the Americans. A barber for example who had cut the hair of Americans had both his hands cut off before being liquidated.[101]
The greatest number of people eliminated however appeared to be during the Viet Cong retreat from the city. They were usually shot and buried in well-concealed mass graves that were eventually to yield some 2,800 corpses. Lack of visible wounds on some bodies, including 2 Catholic priests, indicated that they had been buried alive.[3][101] The 2,800 bodies in Hue were part of a larger group of some 5,800 civilians in the city targeted in Viet Cong attacks for liquidation or abduction. Most of the remaining victims have never been found.[101]
Dak Son: 1967 the VC used flamethrowers to incinerate 252 civilians, mostly women and children at the village of Dak Son, in Phuc Long Province.[3]
Phu Tan: In 1970, at the village of Phu Tan, near Da Nang, the NVA killed an estimated 100 civilians as they huddled in bunkers for shelter, by tossing in grenades and satchel charges.[3]
>>
File: 1408454892901.png (406KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1408454892901.png
406KB, 601x601px
>We were in this bar in Saigon and this kid comes up, this kid carrying a shoe-shine box. And he says “Shine, please, shine!” I said no. He kept askin’, yeah, and Joey said “Yeah.” And I went to get a couple of beers, and the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fucking blew his body all over the place. And he’s laying there, he’s fucking screaming. There’s pieces of him all over me, just… like this, and I’m tryin’ to pull him off, you know, my friend that’s all over me! I’ve got blood and everything and I’m tryin’ to hold him together! I’m puttin’… the guy’s fuckin’ insides keep coming out! And nobody would help! Nobody would help! He’s saying, sayin’ “I wanna go home! I wanna go home!” He keeps calling my name! “I wanna go home, Johnny! I wanna drive my Chevy!” I said “With what? I can’t find your fuckin’ legs! I can’t find your legs!” … I can’t get it out of my head. A dream of seven years. Everyday I have this. And sometimes I wake up and I don’t know where I am. I don’t talk to anybody. Sometimes a day, a week. I can’t put it out of my mind.
>>
>>53553617
germany wtf.
>>
File: tigh-frakking-ship.png (74KB, 313x295px) Image search: [Google]
tigh-frakking-ship.png
74KB, 313x295px
>>53550508
>>53550535
>>53550620
>>53552165
>>53555054
It's in the thread

It's in the frakkin thread
>>
File: 1447388043110.jpg (112KB, 776x830px) Image search: [Google]
1447388043110.jpg
112KB, 776x830px
>>53553617

So why did all those people need to die anyway?
>>
>>53555428
>saigon
literally meme capital
>>
I can't find a source because searching the terms is difficult but remember reading something about patrols being sent out essentially directionless. Whoever commanded the squads in a platoon would basically just make up whatever for their men to walk around in to find enemies because the upper commands did not give them any cohesive gameplan. So you had thousands upon thousands of people walking around the jungle until someone shot at them or they were forced to return to base because someone inevitably fell into a trap.
>>
File: 1451691087085.webm (2MB, 408x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451691087085.webm
2MB, 408x720px
>that one time South Korea sent 300,000+ troops into the Vietnam War.
>>
>>53555709
For what reason

Why so many?
>>
File: 1370133533358.png (46KB, 600x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1370133533358.png
46KB, 600x1300px
>>53553617
bordering the Chinks will do that to you, just like bordering the Russhits

America is heaven on Earth compared to the Chinks or Russhits
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.