[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cop Serving Eviction Notice Kills 12-Year-Old Pennsylvania Girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 10

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cop-serving-eviction-notice-kills-12-year-old-pennsylvania-girl-n495356

>Police shot and killed a 12-year-old Pennsylvania girl by mistake when a cop's bullet passed through her father's arm and struck her, too, authorities confirmed Tuesday.
>The girl, identified by relatives as Ciara Meyer, was standing behind her father in the doorway of their home Monday morning in Penn Township when a uniformed state police constable showed up to serve an eviction notice, state police said Tuesday.
>Police said the girl's father, Donald Bartho Meyer Jr., 57, pointed a .223 caliber rifle at Constable Clarke Steele, who fired a single round from his .40 caliber service weapon. The bullet passed through Meyer and struck Ciara, who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Must be nice to have a gun in USA.
>>
>>53528586
Never would have happened if that civilian had access to a firearm he could surreptitiously point at an officer of the law.
>>
>>53528586
wrong subreddit
>>
Guns mean freedom to Americans
>>
>>53528586
If she had access to minigun and full body armor this wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>53528694
>Never would have happened if that civilian had access to a firearm he could surreptitiously point at an officer of the law.

He's a badass american and is free to show his gun.
>>
>>53528586
Well here we go again...
>>
She was qt. RIP.
>>
WORSE THAN ISIS
>>
File: 1431784630299.jpg (47KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1431784630299.jpg
47KB, 500x475px
A cop wouldn't open fire if that man who pointed a gun was black or arab.
>>
I dont understand americucks....

Not everyone can be a surgeon, because otherwise people might die. Same for cops. USA cops are meme even in USA. They are fat. On duty. Fat on duty. How is this not a crime? Untrained, unmaintained, both physically and psychologically unfit people.... and you give them a job where their or someone else's lives might be in danger??

Over here to get appropriate police rank (above patrol cop), you have to have military background, number of successful peace missions, and to have perfect service record (clean criminal record, no bad teeth, no blood deficiencies, no family members with criminal records, etc etc).

As a result, no Serbian police officer has ever shot a kid, or anyone else that wasnt supposed to get shot.....

Never understood this Africa tier 3rd world shithole thing USA does. But then again their president is African so eh, who knows, its a weird place anyway.
>>
The officer had every right to fire. Shame the shithead father survived.
>>
>killing a white person
he's fucked

>>53529026
Yes he would, except he wouldn't have been arrested
>>
>>53528772
Exactly, they're just that

Out-dated symbol of the fight for independence and the Frontier

Both are nowadays gone and no civilian militia could ever topple American government

Americans should focus on what truly work iin achieving freedom. These vain symbols only bring them harm
>>
>>53529066
>killing a cute 12yo white girl
He's severely fucked.
>>
>WAHH GUNZ ARE EVUL!

This was her cunt father's fault.
This has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.
/discussion
>>
Пoлицeйcкoгo изнacилoвaли ??http://www.newsru.com/crime/13jan2016/3putarapepolmsk.htm
>>
ALLAHU AKBAR!!
>>
>>53529603
I cant read commie you fucking nazi
>>
>>53529066
>>53529469
Jamal pls...
>>
>>53529042
Police Officer has become a shitty, looked-down-upon working class job to a certain extent. Doesn't attract any college educated individuals, or a whole lot of ex-officers from the military.
>>
>>53528694
You mean, if that guy didn't intend to kill the police officer by pointing his rifle endangering his own daughter? Then yes.
>>
>Police said the girl's father, Donald Bartho Meyer Jr., 57, pointed a .223 caliber rifle at Constable Clarke Steele, who fired a single round from his .40 caliber service weapon. The bullet passed through Meyer and struck Ciara, who was pronounced dead at the scene.

As sad as the death of the kid is, he had to take the shot
>>
>>53529753
What the fuck was the little girl doing standing behind her dad? Goddamn idiots, every single one.
>>
>>53528694
>Never would have happened if that civilian had access to a firearm he could surreptitiously point at an officer of the law.
he would have just used a kitchen knife then
>>
>>53529753
This. The problem isn't with the police, the problem is that anyone can own a firearm in the US, even individuals who would turn their firearms towards an officer of the law.
>>
>>53529852
Americans? Yeah.

Who ever decided it was a good idea to give those idiots guns.
>>
>>53529931
jackboot licker anglo-canadian spotted
>>
>>53528586
Yeah, it's the father's fault.
>>
>>53528586
>pointing a ".223 caliber rifle" (AR?) at an officer with your daughter standing anywhere near you
Regardless, the officer was defending himself HOWEVER knowing your target and what is beyond it is a definite part of firearm safety guidelines and as someone who is paid by the government to carry a firearm he is supposed to be well versed in firearm safety guidelines. Stupid people and poor decisions on both sides got a little girl killed, damn shame.

All this over $1,780.85? That's just ridiculous, bet you that landlord feels like shit right now.
>>
>>53529981
If you actually think the officer was in the wrong here you're just plain ignorant. Nothing to do with ideology. Not saying there aren't glaring, deep problems with police culture in the US though
>>
>>53529066
>>53529469
I thought Jews weren't white on /int/?
>>
>>53529042
Not everyone is good at what they do.
There are loads of people that join the police with a military background in the US. Most people do a great job it's just that some few will fuck it up. The police officer in this case was met with lethal force and the officer retaliated with equal amount of force. Sucks the little girl had to die.
>>
>>53530022
landlords don't have the capacity to feel human emotions
>>
>>53529931
>This could have been prevented with more restriction laws

'no'
>>
>>53530104
How could this incident have occurred if the civilian had no access to firearms and the officer didn't immediately have to resort to deadly force?
>>
>>53530022
Officer dun goofed not noticing a child behind the man.

Officers are supposed to take into account other people when they get in a situation like that. For example, if the hostage is surrounded by the criminals they are not supposed to take the shot.

So this cop will likely get negligent manslaughter when it was mostly the dumbass father's fault.
>>
>>53530104
If the guy didn't have a gun I doubt the officer would have shot him immediately.

They don't with people with knifes. They usually wait till they try approaching. Instead the cop shot this guy when the guy raised his gun.
>>
>>53530149
What you're talking about is banning guns.
>>
>>53530159
>So this cop will likely get negligent manslaughter
Doubtful. He was threatened with deadly force and he responded appropriately.
>>
>>53528586
The guy getting evicted shouldn't have been able to own a gun in the first place.

We should just repeal that pesky 2nd amendment so this kind of shit doesn't happen any more.
>>
>>53530253
I don't think he is.
If idiots like this father didn't have guns America would be safer.
>>
>>53530253
Yep. Worked pretty well in straya when it became clear they couldn't handle having guns in their society.
Not every country can be like Norway, Switzerland and Canada and have relatively liberal firearms laws with little repercussion on crime rates and accidental deaths.
>>
>>53530267
As I explained the cop can't just start shooting randomly whenever he feels threatened. He has to take into account the other people around him.

If the criminal points a gun at him and the cop knows there's a child behind the man, the cop should risk his own life and not shoot until the child is further away.

The cop may have a case if the father explains the cop didn't know the girl was behind him. But it sounds like the girl was grabbing onto her father's leg scared of the cop.
>>
>>53530149
They've shot people for walking out with a screwdriver.

>>53530267
>appropriately
Arguably not. He defended himself, fair enough, but he did not do so without endangering the child behind the threat. So what ended up happening here is an officer responded with lethal force to a threat of lethal force, but ended up killing the only unrelated party in the area with his own weapon.

I find it really interesting that the cop is the only one to shoot anybody here, wounded a man and killed a little girl, and people still call for a gun ban.
>>
>>53530149
He could've easily used anything else.
But that man was an idiot, and an embarrassment to gun owners everywhere. Not all fun owners are like this.

>>53530269
Not sure autistic or sarcasm.
>>
>>53529148
It would have been nice to hear you say that to the mugger i shot a few years ago. or the three that tried to rob my grandfather and got shot.
>>
>>53530441
Sucks to live in a third world country where you actually need guns in your society.
>>
>>53530159
cops don't even get punished when they straight up execute people in yu ess ay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2h7rHgBzTc

in this case at least the cop isn't entirely in the wrong
>>
>>53530469
>he says just before being shanked by a desperate heroin addict after his wallet
>>
>>53530294
Violent crimes as a whole have gone down. Maybe the gangs killing each other is consistent.

But since that's the only thing people post about here or that the media reports on, people assume it's chaos.
>>
File: 1450108004973.png (223KB, 808x2985px) Image search: [Google]
1450108004973.png
223KB, 808x2985px
>>53530294
How could you possibly work this freak accident scenario into the gun restriction laws?

>>53530334
Nice meme; pic related.
>>
>>53530513
Stuff like that doesn't happen here. Or at least I've never heard of it happening, and I've lived in downtown Toronto for 22 years.
>>
>>53530104
honestly it probably would have made the statistics much better
there's always gonna be some cases where it doesn't matter but if you look at the big picture, gun control does actually mean less guns in the hands of retards.
>>
>>53530469
So explain the gunplay i hear about all the time up in Canada?
>>
>>53530546
>Nice meme
Well I didn't really except Strayans to all of a sudden become civilized.
>>
>>53530469
>People don't die if you ban guns
>>
>>53530612
What gunplay? Gangbangers shooting eachother rarely? I mean we have organized crime here like every country but its far more underground than American gang culture and most people aren't even conscious that it exists in Canada.
>>
>>53530659
Is that what you actually think I was saying?
>reading "comprehension"
>>
>>53530549
Yes it does go on and Toronto is one of the prime gang scenes in Canada. You name it, they have crews there.
>>
Not vydia
>>
>>53530612
That's what news are like when shootings are rare

The US media won't even report on it any more because it's so common
>>
>>53529680
>he thinks "cute" means "shaggable".
Who's the real Jamal here?
>>
>>53530686
I certainly know about it and i'm about 1000 miles south of your border. Shit, some of it is rather major news.
>>
You mess with the bull you get the horns. That's what I like to say.
>>
>>53530744
Yeah but see
>>53530686
Its not something in view of 99%+ of Canadians.
>>
>>53529753
>the girl's father, Donald Bartho Meyer Jr., 57, pointed a .223 caliber rifle at Constable Clarke Steele

omg there were consequences to this?
>>
>>53530610
Why should the hundreds of millions of responsible gun owners, who are also the vast majority, be punished for the actions of idiots in freak accidents and ILLIGAL gun owning gang bangers?
The ONLY way this was avoidable is if guns were made made illegal.
>>
>>53530916
yes, his daughter died because of his stupidity
>>
>>53530934
'Personal responsibility' is a facist right-wing idea that has no place in modern society.
>>
>>53530916
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvLOT0m0yjE
>>
>>53528586

americans are fucking beasts. poor girl, didnt deserve the misery of being american

stupid cattle animal shouldnt pretend te able to weild any kind of weapons
>>
>>53530149
He knew the eviction was coming, and apparently was determined to scare away whoever came to serve it. He could have armed himself with a knife or hammer, and the cop would have been forced to take the shot anyway. The US has a gun problem, but this case was not one of those.
>>
>>53530916
Well i can imagine the reaction to places in Utah or rural Virgina for example where the population is virtually 100 percent armed and serious crime is virtually unheard of.

Too risky to try something there because the locals will shred you.
>>
>>53530934
>>53531007
How was the little girl, the only person that was injured and died, personally responsible to
a) her father being an idiot and pulling a gun on an american police officer
b) the american police officer shooting at the guy while there's a little girl behind him
>>
>>53530802
I was referring to your "if he shot a black person he'd walk free" #blacklivesmatter memeing .
>>
File: 1402224784001.jpg (72KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
1402224784001.jpg
72KB, 640x430px
>be American
>have right to own guns
>cops shoot you if you so much as hold a gun or hint at carrying a gun
How the fuck does that even go together?
>>
>>53531105
>He could have armed himself with a knife or hammer, and the cop would have been forced to take the shot anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KJ1R2PCMM
>>
>>53530610
The US could use more regulation and background checks, as well as a proper list of criteria to meet before being eligible to own a gun. I.E some basic firearms safety and knowledge, no prior crimes, etc etc.
>>
>>53531125
I never said she was, I said her father was.
>>
>>53531057
Check the murder rate in your country for the last few years and come back..
>>
>>53531027
Toronto gangster culture is Drake and Philippino crack dealers
>>
>be american little girl
>have less guns than who ever else might knock on your door

none of this would have happened if the little cunt had a bigger gun
>>
>>53530939
these supposed responsible gun owners would pass a background test with flying colours
>>
>>53531219
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUp4bDa9M3o

>>53531311
Didn't Drake get robbed in Toronto lol
>>
>>53531225
Which of those checks would have prevented this from happening?
>>
>>53531343
I'd rob Drake if I saw him desu
>>
>>53531125

Listen to yourself. Then read the posts.

You sound like a fool.
>>
File: ObviousNextEnglishpointer.webm (2MB, 507x900px) Image search: [Google]
ObviousNextEnglishpointer.webm
2MB, 507x900px
Why would he shoot the guy right away instead of, I don't know, tell him to drop the gun or go back and call for the backup?

Is that cop a fucking cowboy to shoot the man and his daughter with a gun pointed on him?
>>
>>53531341
(Which are already mandatory for legal sales from licensed dealers)
>>
>>53531202
What that guy did was so stupid that it could be considered an act of suicide.The police was there to serve an eviction notice and he basically drew on the cop.
>>
her sacrifice on the altar of freedom will be remembered
>>
>>53531341
So basically an extension of the "if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to worry about" logic?
>>
>>53531359
None. This probably would have happened anyway. Even if guns were banned.

However statistically, this probably would have seen a drop in gun related crimes, and it would preserve the liberty to own firearms.
>>
File: 1451537108510.gif (178KB, 212x327px) Image search: [Google]
1451537108510.gif
178KB, 212x327px
>>53531425
>Why would he shoot the guy right away instead of, I don't know, tell him to drop the gun

The people angry at the cop ITT are as dumb as the father who got his daughter killed.
>>
>>53531425
the man pointed the gun at the officer. Had the officer not shot him would have left him at the mercy of the father.
It's not fair to expect the police to end up in a situation where his life depends on the perp's intent to kill
>>
>>53531202
It's not the holding or carrying that they're nervous about, it's pointing your rifle at them. From the officer's perspective that's less than a second away from them taking a bullet.

Just like how if you point a gun at somebody in a robbery they generally (depending on state) have the right to shoot you in self defense if they get the chance.
>>
>>53531480
Yep. But I realise that accepting a policy that helps the community and not the individual is not the American way.
>>
>>53531432
Doesn't change the fact that American cops haven't got the slightest clue about de-escalation and are basically intentionally trained to be paranoid and trigger-happy.
>>
File: GiantRightBlowfish.webm (507KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GiantRightBlowfish.webm
507KB, 1920x1080px
>>53531546
>the man pointed the gun at the officer. Had the officer not shot him would have left him at the mercy of the father.

If someone is pointing a gun at you, normally you can't pull your own gun, aim and shoot.
>>
>>53531170
I never said anything about BLM. It's just a thing that each of the qualities that she meets makes life progressively harder for him.
>>
>>53528586
That's why you use fractal ammunition. The father's are fouls be completely gone and the girl would only be severely injured
>>
File: 1451129340623.jpg (34KB, 407x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451129340623.jpg
34KB, 407x600px
>>53531425
>Someone points a gun at you
>"P-please drop the g-g-un, s-sir."

And then you die
>>
>>53528586
muh dick
>>
>>53531689
that's why the officer had the gun on the father as soon as he saw he was armed.
>>
>>53531285

lol so what? nigs kill each other

in usa everyone is up everyones's throat, like animals in africa. its not about a statistic, its about american attitude, youre wild beasts who dont hesitate to take a life, even a child. how many kids ahve been killed by cops these past few months in your cunt?

this is what happens when imbecilic animals become culturally self righteous
>>
>>53531763
have you ever hear of a stand off?
>>
freedom aint free
>>
>>53529042
For real? That's neat as fuck
>>
>>53531546

wrong. this guy is right:

>>53531689

what happened here is that the cop didnt want to seem not in control. its a matter of animalistic ego, the cop cant possibly admit feeling undermined, so against all odds, he will pull his gun whenevever his ego is threatened (not himself). this is why an american cop will kill you even if you just insult him.

its a mix of animalist behaviour and frail personality. you cant apply human reason to these beasts
>>
The father is an idiot for pointing a gun at a police officer.

The police officer is an idiot for not being trained enough to handle situations like that and not being instructed enough to use a firearm (it's his job after all, and should be handled profesionally)

Again, American cops' incompetence results in yet another dead kid.
>>
seriously I dont understand usa
>literally anyone could have a gun
>only viable solution is to machine gun/artillery the guy if you have a noise complaint or a parking ticket or something like that

how do people over there solve civil issues? you literally have to kill everyone because they might have a gun
ahahaha what the fuck, is america a civilization or a war zone?
>>
>>53531604
This is what they do to keep themselves safe

It's what they have to do because Ameriburgers are gun nuts

>>53531425
You've never seen that dashcam footage of the cop getting executed after telling a dude to put his gun down. Apparently it's required viewing for cops in USA

>>53531546
I don't really see why people can't grasp what anon is saying here, the cops are backed into a corner in USA

>>53531596
Fucking this

Every time there's a shooting threads get hijacked by gun control law arguments

USA is a special snowflake because for some reason, someone once thought that everyone should be armed, but the guns of today are a far cry from what was imaginable when that law was made, the second you suggest that their declaration of independence, or whatever the thing with amendments is, could be changed then they all freak right the fuck out though

This is such a tragedy, a kid died as an innocent bystander, it's hard not to have a knee jerk reaction, but you're not going to change the way cops act in America overnight, and you're not going to make guns disappear in America overnight either.

Another solution is required
>>
File: florida gun deaths.jpg (48KB, 604x756px) Image search: [Google]
florida gun deaths.jpg
48KB, 604x756px
>>53530531
>Violent crimes as a whole have gone down.
true dat
>>
>>53532322
>the second you suggest that their declaration of independence, or whatever the thing with amendments is, could be changed then they all freak right the fuck out though

If you remove one of the amendments Bill of Rights, it shows the ability to remove them all.
>>
>>53532760
This. I literally had a friend tell me it was okay for Obama to bypass the democratic process because "gunz is ebil." He didn't seem to understand that someone could also consider free speech evil.
>>
bump to remind americans that theyre savage beasts
>>
>be american
>get shot

/thread
>>
fappable
>>
Also, Happy Serbian new year fags!
>>
>>53531425
In a situation where it's you having a gun pointed at you and youre pointing a gun at them, whoever pulls the trigger first will live.

In a standoff you pull the trigger, you do not stand around and hope they don't shoot you
>>
>>53532325
>using gun deaths to prove violent crime has gone up

You realize suicide is counted in gun deaths right? Come on buddy.

PS I thought charlie hebdo was really funny this past time
>>
>>53532760
Bills aren't set in stone, constitutions aren't either, none of them is above repeal
>>
>>53529042
That's pretty impressive.

>>53530013
I fucking knew Americans would defend it.

>>53530068
>Americans don't have the capacity to feel human emotions

>>53530531
If the cops didn't have guns, this wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>53530022
>bet you that landlord feels like shit right now.
Yeah shit that he can't get his money now that the guys dead
>>
>>53540376
>pointing a gun at a cop
>expecting to live
Here's your (you)
>>
Jesus fucking christ, do you even train your police force ?

How the fuck the cop could miss a shot like that

USA is such a hellhole, holy fuck
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.