[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's objectively the shittiest dialect in your country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: 1.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
What's objectively the shittiest dialect in your country?
>>
>>53512417
English.
>>
>>53512417
Americanish.
>>
>>53512417
tagalog
>>
>>53512417
french
>>
Saxonian, Berlinian and Hessian. Germany is a clusterfuck of accents desu
>>
File: dialects.jpg (2MB, 4000x2827px) Image search: [Google]
dialects.jpg
2MB, 4000x2827px
brown with green spots, bright green and orange with beige spots are the worst areas when it comes to dialects
>>
Murcian
>>
English
>>
Any of the Abodiginal ones
>>
Texan/southern
>>
File: 1450887062882.jpg (74KB, 300x339px) Image search: [Google]
1450887062882.jpg
74KB, 300x339px
Eastern.
When they switch into highest gear, we can't understand them at all.
>>
>>53513079
Do australians on either coast have different accents?
>>
>>53512417
Cajun
>>
>>53513138

coastal
rural
inner city
bogan
faux pom
>>
>>53512417
kubanoid
>>
>>53513177
I'm guessing they would all sound the same to me
>>
>>53512417
The one from Canary Island. Their accent sounds southamerican so when they want to rent a house in mainland Spain they have to go in person, otherwise nobody would rent them anything.
>>
>>53513138
Sort of.
>>53513208
Tbh with the exception of bogan and Abo accents, most of them sound fairly similar to us. The only other one I can even pick out is sometimes I'll be able to tell people from Lelbourne apart from other people.
>>
What does an American accent sound like in other languages?

>>53512417
Califag here.
We barely have natural dialects besides standard (northern, I guess), southern (from slight twang to cowboy-tier), and a few much more localized patterns (boston, brooklyn, NJ [some of you are alright, don't go to GTL tomorrow]). The rest are foreign accents like Mexican (fine if it's moderate but heavy Mexican accent annoys the hell out of me), niggas (not blacks, it's just the niggas), assorted asian accents, and every once in a while you'll get something different like an Indian or Paki or anything in Europe.

I don't think we have a "most annoying" accent. (Jersey Shore wannabe Itai comes close) As long as the person with the accent doesn't speak like a poor uneducated mongoloid then they're passable. Irish is up there with one of the hottest accents in the English range, though.
>>
>>53513299
>What does an American accent sound like in other languages?

Put a potato in your mouth and you have an American accent.
>>
Helsinki slang.

It's a bastard child of Swedish, Finnish and thinking they are cool.
>>
>>53513049
Is murcian really the worst? learning spanish at the moment and was having a little trouble in murcia because they have a lot of different words for things that what i had learned.

the easiest spanish accent to understand in my opinion is mexican.
>>
>>53513138
We have bogan, wog (similar to how Italian Americans and other ethnics from NY sometimes sound, Action Bronson being an example), rural (although this subtle) and Abo.

Everyone else pretty much sounds the same, and the only regional variation I can think of the South Australians who sometimes have a slightly English inflection, although it's not really noticeable.
>>
>>53513340
we literally say this about trying to speak French
>>
>>53513340
I've heard this about 30% of languages talking about other languages. Is it just poor tongue control and articulation? I think Americans have the worst tongue control of any Romance or Germanic language.
>>
File: hue.jpg (38KB, 291x374px) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
38KB, 291x374px
>>53513299
>What does an American accent sound like in other languages?
>Be about 6 or 8
>Talking with friend about Americans
>Start talking about their accents
>Friend: AH CUHM FROM CALIFOOOOOOOOOORNYAH!
>MFW
>>
>dialects
Hahahahahaha no
>>
In england, most northern accents are somewhat looked down upon by others, particularly my accent, scouse (liverpool)

heres an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITQ-n62VaXI
>>
>>53513459
Devvo is best accent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBelz8BgX0
Yeah I know how trashy it is, but I find it funny anyway.
>>
>>53512417

Fife dialect is the worst Scottish dialect. Maybe Dundee as well.
>>
>>53513177
>faux pom

please explain, is this like, aussies trying to sound british and classy or some shit?
>>
>>53513443
Oh damn I forgot about Californian. It's basically a lazier version of our already pretty lazy standard accent. Surfer-dude accent died, I think, never heard anyone with it. Must have merged with regular and formed Cali accents.
>select pictures of water parks
>all pools
>>
File: free.png (95KB, 4222x4987px) Image search: [Google]
free.png
95KB, 4222x4987px
>>53513299
>We barely have natural dialects

>mfw I can understand a fucking Yorkie but struggled with understanding two Cali grills
>>
>>53513433
english is a west germanic language, not a romance language, and listen to an english lancashire accent. thats some odd tongue control.
>>
>>53513491
that's the rough lancashire/yorkshire chav accent. comparable to bogans i guess.
>>
File: had i noam you were coming.jpg (64KB, 448x599px) Image search: [Google]
had i noam you were coming.jpg
64KB, 448x599px
>>53513538
It was two 8 year old Aussie boys being dickheads, not exactly an in-depth linguistics study.
Although now that you mention it, you do sound different to other Americans.
>"Ey Joey, dis guy, dis guy right here. He's got some oogatz, let tell ya. Dis guy, dis guy right here. Ey.. Ohw!"
>>
>>53512417
Caco/reggaetonero or in other words "Dumb nigger talk"
>>
>>53513606
Are chavs good to have a laugh at when you see them in public? Because bogans can be if you catch them at the right time.
>>
>>53513576
I know but we stole a ton of shit from the Romance languages so I included it anyway.
>>53513553
NY isn't that bad as long as it isn't Brooklyn, if it's heavy enough then it's near impossible to understand. Cali slurs things a little more than other states but it's hard to tell when I have it myself and never talk to people outside the state. Was it standard Cali laziness or full on valley girl?
>>
>>53513752
>>>53513606
>Are chavs good to have a laugh at when you see them in public? Because bogans can be if you catch them at the right time.

"Dumb nigger talk" applies to this
>>
>>53513824
Yorkie as in a 70 year old brit from Yorkshire that a Cam lass could barely understand.

>Was it standard Cali laziness or full on valley girl?

I'm not really sure, they had a lot of that vocal fry, so I'm guessing valley girl. Bit nasal too.
>>
>>53513752
not really. most chavs are the "WOT U FOOKIN LOOKIN AT MATE" type

Also, should add that everywhere in northern england, unlike other english accents cut ryhmes with foot, and hook rhymes with fuck etc, etc.
>>
>tfw when long island accent
>tfw sound like wop and not even italain
>>
Sudtirolese
>>
>>53513902
Oh, assumed NY because you followed with a Cali accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIBg-w6TNLE
2:20 or so is Valley Girl
>>
Calabrese
Neapolitan
Apulian
Sicilian
>>
>>53513459
yeah same
>>
>>53514012
yeah, maybe even with a bit more fry but without the long end-of-sentence-extensions

also, best anglo grill accent coming through :^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZZ_AqyAZYw
>>
>>53513932
That's a pity. Bogans are hilarious because aside from having no class, they're like a walking stage production. They put on this big song and dance and act like nobody else is even watching. It's tops.
>>
kurdish or cypriot

fucking barbaric
>>
File: 1451790156713.png (396KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1451790156713.png
396KB, 540x540px
>>53514299
>thaaht veediohw
>>
>>53512417
Depends who you ask, but I think most people say Scanian.

I find Stockholmish to be comical as fuck.

And I think they see the local dialect where I live as farmer-tier as fuck.
>>
Okinawa people's dialect・・・・・funny
Kyoto people's・・・・Elegant
Akita people's・・・funny
Osaka people's・・・・foolish
Nagoya people's・・・・ugly
Miyazaki people's・・・・・sounds like French
>>
>>53512417
Baslerdütsch
>>
>>53513433
I believe it has more to do with the existing sounds in American english than any specific failure of skill.

The accent shines through often and the clipped Ts that become glottal stops, and our vowels end up sounding a bit potato-y when we speak rapidly in a second language. Speaking carefully, I don't think I sound much like a potato, but, then again, I speak potato-dialect swedish with potato-language as my mother tongue, soooo...

What was I saying again?

Oh yeah, accent, not "skill".

American english sounds a certain way, that's all.
>>
Berlinerisch
literally Unterschicht - the dialect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBA5KmrHV8w
>>
>>53514573
>potato dialect swedish

so you speak danish then?
>>
>>53515631
Göteborgska.

Apparently it sounds like people here mumble to other people.
>>
>>53514450
?
>>
>>53518362
It's not Skånska and Göteborska can sound pretty good if your voice is raspy and has a certain edge to it, if it's very deep or you're angry.
>>
>>53512417
Tigrinya

>>53513459
I think the Cumbrian accent is pretty cute desu
>>
File: Skåne karta.png (45KB, 420x863px) Image search: [Google]
Skåne karta.png
45KB, 420x863px
Scanian. Definitely Scanian.
>>
File: hayao-miyazaki-venise.jpg (268KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
hayao-miyazaki-venise.jpg
268KB, 960x1440px
>>53518421
Miyazaki's family speak french Nipponese
>>
>>53512417
Osaka dialect spoken by men.
>>
>>53519697
Du François-Japonais ?
>>
>>53518596

Is it just me or is this flag not commonly seen on this website?
>>
>>53518596

Thread derailed
>>
>>53514061
So all southern accents? Which part are you from and can you give me some insight about difference in Italian accents?
>>
Everything they try to pass off as English in the southeast. That or the Boston accent.
>>
>>53513013
I would say everything that isn't in the 195-207 range is pretty shitty.
188 to 194 is cool, too.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.