[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts/opinions on Canada? Would you ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

File: download (1).png (2KB, 314x160px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
2KB, 314x160px
What are your thoughts/opinions on Canada?

Would you ever come as a tourist?
>>
I could just walk outside and speak english to everybody to get the same experience
>>
best country ever
>>
>>53486623
except for chinese you have mongolians
>>
Quebec and Ariel Rebel
>>
>>53486874
Ariel Rebel is from Canada? Noice
>>
File: 1438059632500.png (151KB, 449x442px) Image search: [Google]
1438059632500.png
151KB, 449x442px
Ontarians are scum
>>
>>53486578
I went to Toronto for vacation once

Visited Casa Loma, CN Tower and hockey hall of fame.

It was ok, better than some American cities. Everything was expensive as fuck but people were very polite, lots of shitskin Indians and just general Immigrants from everywhere.

I plan on visiting Montreal next. Can I get by with no French? Will they snarl at me?
>>
>>53486578
it's pretty nice but the other day I was stopped by the police to make sure I had smoked my mandatory, by law, joint. I hadn't but the cop gave me a guy's number and let me off with a warning
>>
>>53487031
>Can I get by with no French?
Yes

>Will they snarl at me?
They might.
>>
>>53486578
>What are your thoughts/opinions on Canada?
It's pure shit

>Would you ever come as a tourist?
No.

>>53487031
Montreal is mostly anglo, if you go to the right neighborhoods you'll be alright. NDG is anglo
>>
>>53487091
>They might.
they will. they talk shit about you in french if they think you don't know the language
>>
>>53486578
The first time I went to Canada was with some friends to go skiing. Immediately after we crossed the border my Canadian friend told me to order some cheap poutine from dairy queen, because the dish does not exist in the states. I was in tears after the first bite. my friends thought I was joking, but I was so happy because I was experincing every flavor I craved at once.
Other than that I thought that the whole politeness thing was a little jarring, even the signs said please and thank you. Canada is just too nice and that made me feel weird.
>>
>>53487091
>>53487185
Eh I'll go there and respond the culture

I'll try to speak French with one of those pocket dictionaries
>>
>>53486623
In your own fucking country ?
>>
don't come to canada unless you like nature and wilderness

other than that we have nothing going on
>>
Awesome country, one of my three choices of countries where I'd like to live (the others being Norway and Switzerland).
Friendly people, good economy, based Trudeau, hot girls, english as main language, it's basically a perfectioned USA, a USA version with no MUH FREEDOM idiots.
Only downside would be a very cold climate.
>>
been to Toronto
it wasn't all that great
>>
>>53487504
>respond

Meant respect
>>
>>53486578
Good neighbor; I wish they were our only one.

Their new PM is a cuck though 2bh
>>
File: 1452229502575.jpg (32KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1452229502575.jpg
32KB, 403x403px
>>53487504
>I'll try to speak French with one of those pocket dictionaries
hahahah
>>
>>53487519
>based Trudeau

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>53487031
The funny thing is that everyone outside of Toronto thinks they are dicks. My cousin lives there and I've been a few times. I think everyone there was nice. Also really clean for a big city. Maybe a little to hipster for my taste and yea a little to expensive as well.
>>
>>53487504
Dont do that. Its better you just speak english. Everyone will immediately see you as a retarded american of you bring a dictionary with you
>>
I'd like to come as an immigrant.
>>
FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
>>
>>53487651
Nobody cares what an american thinks about politics
>>
>>53487643
They will still shit on me for trying to speak their language?

You guys are a bunch of cunts
>>
too cold and the big cities have a ton of immigrants

other than that bretty cool

only places i would go as a tourist would be the atlantic or somewhere near the rockies.
>>
>>53487750
Yet Canadians care a lot about our politics
>>
Never went there, but is seen as the new land of opportunities by brazilians, everyone wants to go there and get any job

A lot of Youtube personalities from here live in Canada

I was going to visit an uncle who lives in Montreal but he ignored my messages kek
>>
File: justin_trudeau[1].jpg (268KB, 1200x922px) Image search: [Google]
justin_trudeau[1].jpg
268KB, 1200x922px
>>53487651
>being so jelly
>>
>>53487750
MUH DRAMA TEACHER PRIME MINISTER

Kek
>>
>>53487463
>even the signs said please and thank you
damn right they do
>>
>>53486578

As a tourist and if someday I manage to get my master or Phd, I would love to work and live there. Met some Canadians, nice people.
>>
>>53487792
Its like watching a circus full of clowns, who wouldn't be interested?
>>
>Canada
>tourism

literally why? I like living here but I don't know what kind of person would come here on vacation, aside from Americans close to the border.
>>
>>53487749
Nice bitthurt. I still gona move to Canada though, and I approve that Brazilian guy, many people here in Russia see Canada as a land opportunities too (many people see Australia and Germany the same)
>>
>>53487778
No, it's just that I can imagine you with your little dictionary taking 5 minutes to say one sentence
>>
>>53487504
A lot of languages if you try to speak them around people who speak them will be happy to hear. But if you don't know french and try to speak it to a frenchspeaker they'll shun you. Don't do it
>>
It seems great otherwise I wouldn't migrate there in the end of the year
>>
>>53487919
Ive travelled to bc, alberta, quebec, pei, Newfoundland and i live in Ontario. Theres plenty to see and do in this country, and you would know that if you ever left the house
>>
>>53487778
Yes, French Canadians are terrible people, it's part of their "identity".
>>
>>53487724

When I worked as a tour guide in Ottawa there was lots of Russian tourists, they were always the most fun ones too.
>>
File: CVL7BeAVEAANtf0.jpg (15KB, 379x503px) Image search: [Google]
CVL7BeAVEAANtf0.jpg
15KB, 379x503px
>>53486578
If you guys let us deport Quebec you'd be our basest bros.
>>
What's there to do in Canada?
>>
File: 1404421183693.jpg (5KB, 303x276px) Image search: [Google]
1404421183693.jpg
5KB, 303x276px
>>53487651
>Everyone who disagrees with my politics is a big dummy
>Being this juvenile

>>>/pol/
>>
>>53487932
No I know some but I need help with most words

Basically just have 2 years of high school French
>>
>>53486578
I have come as a tourist
I've lived in Canada (Toronto, so not really) for 4 years
My wife is Canadian
and we both agree, we would never go back.
Our salaries and quality of life are so much better in new york city.
Her student debts will be paid off in the next two months using american dollars
Her credit card debt and mine are paid off
The US can be so much worse than any part of Canada, but 2 educated people with employable skills are infinitely better off in the US
>>
File: 1408988431955.png (59KB, 720x638px) Image search: [Google]
1408988431955.png
59KB, 720x638px
I LOVE Canada. Everything about it except natives and Toronto is absolutely based
>>
Canada seems so boring like just a more boring USA, who still has the Queen as their head of state.

I have been to Canada as a tourist and its sort of like going to small town USA as a tourist. Just boring.
>>
>>53488020
You went to those places out of convenience and familiarity. The point is, if you are going to plan a vacation there are so many more countries better for tourism than fucking Canada.
>>
>>53488090
Do you have a smartphone? You can download a lot of different free dictionaries on that. Google translate has an offline dictionary packet for its app. There's a ton of other ones that are free too.
>>
>>53488073

Depends on the season to be honest.

Summer is mostly for cottage and innawoods stuff. Winter more of the same and more.
>>
>>53486578
I've wanted to move up there a few times but don't want to be seen as some sort of welfare parasite if and when my health goes bad.

Went as a tourist when i was a kid and had a nice time.
>>
>>53488073
If you're Swedish, probably nothing. Sorry.
>>
>>53487031
>Montreal
Literally my favorite bigg"ish" city in the world
I had SO MUCH FUN there
can you get away without french, fuck yes
If you speak french with a canadian or american anglo accent the girls LOVE IT
It's insane
My shitty high school french skills paid off for once and it was in montreal
>>
File: 925907805.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
925907805.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
I'm from a very blue state so I don't really notice any difference at all going back and forth across the border

But I'm only really familiar with the east half of Canada near where I grew up, I have no idea what the praries are like (then again, I've never been to the western 2/3rds of the USA either except LA and San Fransisco)

Maritimes and Quebec (our hat) are very comfy but outside Montreal a lot of the jobs are hereditary, just like in rural NE.

Tourists should visit:
Quebec City
St. John
Rural, mountanous Quebec and NB
The rockies (probably, never been there)

Do not visit:
Hamilton
Brampton
Sarnia
Sudbury

Also don't visit the east side in March through April. It's basically the "mud months" when all the snow melts, and the flatness looks like endless brown vegetation and mud for thousands of km. A road trip where we visited a relative who had moved from NB to Sarnia took us across it in March and it was one of the ugliest landscapes ever once you start getting past the ottawa valley
>>
>>53488127
Except youre surrounded by Americans and live in piss ass new York. Big cities are awful places filled with awful people. Please stay out of my country and you better not come back to retire.
>>
File: cochiloco.gif (969KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
cochiloco.gif
969KB, 400x222px
>>53488067
This tbqh. Quebec is a blight on the continent.
>>
>>53488296
>Big cities are awful places filled with awful people.

How pleb of you. You obviously couldn't hack it and are bitter.
>>
>>53488296
>Big cities are awful places filled with awful people. Please stay out of my country and you better not come back to retire.
live in moose fuck nowhere
will never leave
will always bitch
will always moan
will forever be a loser
Got it.
You better do something about your threat...
Why would I go to canada when I can move to belize
>>
>>53488296
rekt
I like how to amerifats the only thing important to them is money
>>
>>53488333
Quebec is the most fun part of canada and has the hottest girls...
>>
>>53488506
except the person who he responded to was canadian and the person's wife is canadian?
>>
as a tourist I can't think of anything I'd like to see/do except the F1 race
>>
>>53488506
>tfw i will never enjoy living in comfy rural italy basking in the Mediterranean sun
Back to the conversation though; Americans, especially ones in big cities, think the only way to be happy is to be more successful than everyone around you.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 320x320px
>>53486578
I'm not going home
>>
>>53488383
>no, there is no way somebody could possibly dislike polluted, cramped places full of rude busy people and immigrants
>it must be jealousy, yes, that's it

You are a fucking moron.
>>
>>53488296
>Except youre surrounded by Americans and live in piss ass new York.

So no different than any major Canadian city (sans Montreal) but with better job offerings?
>>
>>53488580
>except the person who he responded to was canadian

'no'
>>
>>53488779
Better job offerings really depends on what you do. Im not arguing the money isn't better, im arguing that everything else is worse
>>
You guys are alright, i'll come visit once you guys have nuked Quebec
>>
>>53488728
Financial success is important to almost all North Americans, don't project goofy pop-nationalist memes on us. The housing prices near and in most relevant North American cities are outrageously inflated so one has to make a lot of money to afford to live in or near Vancouver now. Considering the suburban sprawl we have if you have a low income you'll be stuck way out and commute 3 hours to a job downtown
>>
>>53488962
Never gonna happen, you rape baby
>>
File: 180783768_296879521.jpg (117KB, 620x623px) Image search: [Google]
180783768_296879521.jpg
117KB, 620x623px
>>53486578
Canada is amazing. Le based Tredau, I like him. Dude, lmao, weed, that's all a nigga need.
>>
>>53489271
>Tredau
just
>>
>>53486578
I view it as a more liberal less awesome USA
>>
>>53488127
I am American
I've lived in Canada (New Brunswick) for 6 years
My wife is Canadian
and we both agree, we would never go back to the USA.
Our salaries and quality of life are so much better in the Maritimes.
She has no student debts because UNB St. John was so cheap
She has no credit card debt because Canadians actually learn financial literacy in school
The US can be so much worse than any part of Canada and 2 educated people with employable skills are infinitely better off in Canada

>I have exactly the opposite experience as you Tbh
>>
>>53488580

Reading and comprehension skills: 0
>>
Top-notch country. Combines the best aspects of the US and Britain/France. Turbo bros who have helped us out loads in our wars and whom we owe a debt to.
>>
For Russians Canada is just calm rich country where nothing happens. And Hockey of course.
>>
>>53487929
Lots of Eastern Europeans in the Canadian prairies.

The more the merrier.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.