[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK AUSSIES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (230KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 2048x1536px
>Go into class
>Aussie comes to sell his tourist packages for students
>subtly makes fun of our accents
>>
>>53486123
>oi g'day m8 u wanna come see t'eh spoders in the outback?
>ya get to eat tha real aussie cuisine such as sprinkles on the toastie

who would actually wanna pay dollery doos to go to that hellhole?
>>
BANTERED
>>
>>53486123
i am very sorry. that was inappropriate and hurtful. your feeling should be respected and yourself as an individual appreciated. don't let that mean man worry you any longer
>>
It was so fucking stealth I didn't realize it till the end of class. Once I realized severe Canadian butthurt set in.
>>
>>53488209
what'd he say?
>>
>>53486123
What is the difference between your accent and American's? Legit question.
Of course the southerners are very distinct but apart from them I can't actually see differences.
>>
>>53489270
Most differences are subtle, but the biggest giveaway is the "ou" vowel in "about" (and other words) sounds something like "aboat". That's where the aboot meme comes from.
>>
>>53489270
It's regional. The accent doesn't magically change when you cross the border.
>>
>>53488368
He said "Sorry I can't translate that to Canadian"
>>
>>53489418
>That's where the aboot meme comes from
Never heard of it, I've heard about the "heh" at the end of phrases
>>53490076
I imagined so. I was asking what distinct factors you lot have accent-wise compared to America.
How many accents Canada has? Are they as varied as in Usa?
>>
>>53490640
Don't talk to newfies they are severely autistic
>>
>>53490640
Americans stereotype Canadians as saying "aboot" due to the phenomenon of Canadian Raising. Anglophone Canadians have at least 3 distinguishable accents, probably more. The General Canadian accent is more influenced by Scots and Irish than General American.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.