[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT? WHAT IS WRONG WITH SCANDINAVIANS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 25

File: 5235235252526151.jpg (28KB, 334x336px) Image search: [Google]
5235235252526151.jpg
28KB, 334x336px
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SCANDINAVIANS?

>Generally used colloquially in Denmark and the rest of the Nordic countries as a sociological term to negatively describe a condescending attitude towards individuality and success, the term refers to a mentality that de-emphasises individual effort and places all emphasis on the collective, while discouraging those who stand out as achievers.
>1. You're not to think you are anything special.
>2. You're not to think you are as good as we are.
>3. You're not to think you are smarter than we are.
>4. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are.
>5. You're not to think you know more than we do.
>6. You're not to think you are more important than we are.
>7. You're not to think you are good at anything.
>8. You're not to laugh at us.
>9. You're not to think anyone cares about you.
>10. You're not to think you can teach us anything.
>These ten principles or commandments are often claimed to form the "Jante's Shield" of the Scandinavian people.

LEL
>>
>>53471180
>Han har aldri hort om Janteloven
>>
just bantz m8
>>
>>53471180
I'm willing to guess almost no scandi has ever heard of this Jante's Shield.

But we have a form of something similar but we (and japs) still value individuality, we aren't asian. It's called tall poppy syndrome, and overall it's a good thing because it creates humility and hopefully doesn't allow peoples' heads to grow too large.

You can honestly tell that it isn't as common in america, of all the egomaniacs I've ever known, almost all were american.
>>
>>53471294
>I'm willing to guess almost no scandi has ever heard of this Jante's Shield.
what a horrible guess.
>>
>>53471294
>(and japs)
I meant scandis, dunno how I mixed them up

>>53471331
ok, well your jante's shield is our tall poppy. Fair enough.

>>53471272
bantz does actually play a part of it
>>
File: teddy roosevelt.jpg (609KB, 900x1667px) Image search: [Google]
teddy roosevelt.jpg
609KB, 900x1667px
>>53471235
It's really weird and it seems self-destructive.

Where's the hierarchy? Where's the natural order? Where's the crushing the weak so that the strong can rise?

We've fallen significantly, but in our glory days, the US was a place where the weak were crushed by the weight of their own incompetence and the strong forged their own destiny through will and determination.
>>
What americans don't realise is that you're not special and there's nothing that differentiates you from the guy cleaning toilets at your school/workplace/where ever you spend your time. Rich people aren't better because they have more worldy possessions and famous people aren't any better because more people know about them. If you ironically worship other people you should get your head checked.
>>
>>53471180
Your people are told the precise opposite and then what happened?

Few numbers of the winners fucked the rest of the people and take everything from them. The winners believe they are better than everyone else and allowed to do whatever they want to.

Then unregulated greed exploded in 2008, entire world economy got fucked up, and the stupid Americans are forced to pay for to wipe the ass of elites.

You Americans must learn what is the good and balanced society from Scandinavia countries you fuck retard.
>>
File: u wot.jpg (23KB, 392x473px) Image search: [Google]
u wot.jpg
23KB, 392x473px
>>53471454
>It's really weird and it seems self-destructive.
well, the law of jante is a _criticism_ of our society, so people agree. it's not like we sat down and said "we should really make up some rules on how to behave". the guy who came up with it was criticizing scandi society and behavior, and people agreed. which is why it's so famous. and it's from the 30s, and things might still be a bit like this especially in rural areas, but it has certainly changed.

plus we have a history of gommunism, so there's that.
>>
File: kent.png (212KB, 356x373px) Image search: [Google]
kent.png
212KB, 356x373px
>>53471180
Do Americans know about the phrase "tall poppy" and "tall poppy syndrome" etc?

>The specific reference to poppies occurs in Livy's account of the tyrannical Roman King, Tarquin the Proud. He is said to have received a messenger from his son Sextus Tarquinius asking what he should do next in Gabii, since he had become all-powerful there. Rather than answering the messenger verbally, Tarquin went into his garden, took a stick, and symbolically swept it across his garden, thus cutting off the heads of the tallest poppies that were growing there. The messenger, tired of waiting for an answer, returned to Gabii and told Sextus what he had seen. Sextus realised that his father wished him to put to death all of the most eminent people of Gabii, which he then did.

>Of the Australian definition, Peter Hartcher of the Sydney Morning Herald writes, "(Australian) Citizens know that some among them will have more power and money than others... But according to the unspoken national ethos, no Australian is permitted to assume that he or she is better than any other Australian. How is this enforced? By the prompt corrective of levelling derision. It has a name—The "Tall Poppy Syndrome". The tallest flowers in the field will be cut down to the same size as all the others. This is sometimes misunderstood...It isn't success that offends Australians. It's the affront committed by anyone who starts to put on superior airs."
aka bantz
>>
File: 1443626985129.jpg (107KB, 399x482px) Image search: [Google]
1443626985129.jpg
107KB, 399x482px
>>53471294
>of all the egomaniacs I've ever known, almost all were american.
I take this as a compliment.

Remember the old saying, "the harder I work, the luckier I get." Well, it happens to be true. It works for me and I've encountered some pretty big successes, but this goes along with something that's absolutely necessary for great success: be passionate.
>See yourself as victorious. That can zap negativity and immediately put a positive spin on problems. I've gotten to the point where I see problems as challenges, that I'll enjoy meeting and dealing with. My point here is that no matter what you do, you will encounter problems. Why not see them as challenges instead and know that you are more capable of dealing with them? That's positive thinking with a realistic slant. When I go into negotiations I keep an open mind to what may happen. But I can tell you that there's already a done-deal attitude on my part. I've already thought the process through to the extent that I know everything will be better off if they agree with what I've come up with, because I've taken both sides into account. I enter the situation with a victorious attitude, and I've had enough victories to know that this attitude works.
t. Trump
>>
>>53471180
>>1. You're not to think you are anything special.
>>4. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are.
>>6. You're not to think you are more important than we are.
>>9. You're not to think anyone cares about you.
These are perfectly fine and the world would be better than it is now if more people followed these principles t b h
>>
>>53471473
>>53471710
These mememancers knows what's up.
>>
File: 1424692811875.png (89KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1424692811875.png
89KB, 250x250px
>>53471696
>having trouble in your life? Try deluding yourself!
>>
File: dallassallad.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dallassallad.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>53471696
that trump quote doesn't really work that well, seeing as he was born into wealth
>>
>>53471611
>It's the affront committed by anyone who starts to put on superior airs
Seems a bit soft-skinned to care about that. I like to see people who show off their strength because it motivates me to become stronger.

If poppies could think then the tall poppy is what all of the other poppies should look up to and ask themselves why they aren't doing as well. I don't like this mentality of crippling the strong so that they will be forced to go at the same speed as the weak. The weak should be motivated by the strong and try to get on his level.
>>
>>53471696
Working hard and thinking you're better than people are very different things.

>I take this as a compliment.
You're a trump supporter so I bet you would. All fascists are egomaniacs. It starts with thinking you know more than everyone else, and ends with thinking you know what's best for everyone else.
>>
>>53471180
The Jante Law is taken from a fictional novel written by Aksel Sandemose -- a danish-norwegian writer. Jante is fictional, but is supposedly based on Sandemose's home town. That being said, Sandemose claimed that this was criticism of small town/group mentality in general, not just scandinavian mentality.
>>
>>53471923
it isnt that its soft skinned, but putting on airs without anything to back it up makes you look pretentious and arrogant

case : brianna wu
>>
>>53471696
What really gets me is when these sociopaths call themselves christian after climbing to the top on the expense of the poor.
>>
>>53471849
>having trouble in your life? Try deluding yourself!
That's actually true. It's just "fake it until you make it." It's ancient wisdom.

>But the virtues we get by first exercising them, as also happens in the case of the arts as well. For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them, e.g., men become builders by building and lyreplayers by playing the lyre; so too we become just by doing just acts, temperate by doing temperate acts, brave by doing brave acts.
t. Aristotle

>There were all kinds of things I was afraid of at first, ranging from grizzly bears to “mean” horses and gun-fighters; but by acting as if I was not afraid I gradually ceased to be afraid.
t. Theodore Roosevelt
>>
File: le religion of peace.jpg (116KB, 1024x536px) Image search: [Google]
le religion of peace.jpg
116KB, 1024x536px
>>53471180
Jantelaw will rule europe!!!!
This thread is a jante zone.
>>
>>53471923
>Seems a bit soft-skinned to care about that. I like to see people who show off their strength because it motivates me to become stronger.
People who think they're better than you and act superior are insuffereable and usually have a shitty egocentric perspective to life. You breathe, live, piss, shit and die like the rest of us, nobody is that special.

You don't have to think or act like you're better than someone to actually be better. If you are better than someone, they'll figure it out on their own. And if you have some humility, they'll probably still like you when they figure it out.
>>
>>53471180
Welcome to communism.
I can't wait to get out of this shithole.
>>
>>53472023
you take the risk of being found out and having the consequences of that being thrown at you i suppose
>>
>>53472023
That Aristotle quote doesn't have much to do with what you're talking about. He's talking about learning through experience, not enforcing a mindset upon yourself.
It is true that you can delude yourself into being happy but I prefer not to lie to myself 2bh.
>>
I'm quite happy about the jantelaw, because my life is shit.
>>
>>53472082
>People who think they're better than you and act superior are insuffereable and usually have a shitty egocentric perspective to life. You breathe, live, piss, shit and die like the rest of us, nobody is that special.
Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I'm annoyed by the exact opposite. If someone was going on about how nobody is that special, that he's just as weak as everyone else, then I'd be annoyed by him because he sounds like a sanctimonious asshole.

If someone acts like he's better than me then I'm not offended by it. We can compete with each other and if he is better than me then he has good reason to boast and I would respect him for that.

Isn't this the natural way of the European man? When I think about the old stories like Beowulf then there's always a part of it where it's basically just a bunch of drunk warriors boasting about the great deeds that they've done.
>>
File: universal kek.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
universal kek.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>53472294
>Ameriasslickers
>>
>>53471180

Sounds like the Scandi version of "tall-poppy syndrome". In Japan, they say "the nail that sticks out gets hammered in".

It's a common sentiment across the world, I think.
>>
we like working in groups
if you think you are a smart ass and can get the job done alone, then go be a smart ass somewhere else
>>
>>53471180
>>53471294
Note that these countries are the best places to live in. The point is to keep individuals from gathering too much power.
>>
>>53472400
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Norwegian_inventions
>norgebots
But why are you responding anyways, you have nothing to teach and are no better than anyone else.
>>
>>53472400
its kinda why America has the most special people on earth, on the different spectrums of special of course
>>
>>53472195
>He's talking about learning through experience, not enforcing a mindset upon yourself.
He's talking about virtues though and he's comparing it to the way that you learn an art. Bravery and temperance are states of mind, but you reach those states of mind by first acting brave even though you don't really feel brave.

For example, if you're depressed because you have social anxiety then you fix it by acting as if you don't have social anxiety and you go out and talk to people. Then gradually the social anxiety will no longer be there.
>>
>>53472465
because you are a little shit that thinks you are better than everyone else?
>>
File: American qt.jpg (16KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
American qt.jpg
16KB, 316x239px
>>53472474
On the autism spectrum maybe
>>
>>53472500
I'm not that other poster, and I don't think I'm better just because I value individuality. Your black and white mindset is ancient Chinese ape tier.
>>
>>53472465
>But why are you responding anyways, you have nothing to teach and are no better than anyone else.
Got you by the balls senpai, desu discussing Janteloven with Americans is directly contradictory to their way of thinking, so called "American way" and is absolutely futile, and that goes both ways.
>>
>>53472501
they have chris chan versus some p cool inventors
tis the price of being special
>>
File: burger.jpg (55KB, 684x523px) Image search: [Google]
burger.jpg
55KB, 684x523px
I'm special, just like everyone else.
t. amerigan
>>
>>53472440
>if you think you are a smart ass and can get the job done alone, then go be a smart ass somewhere else
What if he's right though? Then you're wasting resources by assigning multiple people to a task that one person can do. It's a waste of resources, but you won't know if it's possible for one person to do it unless you let him try, rather than just telling him to fuck off for disrupting the unity of the hive mind.
>>
File: 1416223808091.png (60KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
1416223808091.png
60KB, 860x650px
>>53472474
Russian is similar for that matter
>"Russia sure is great country"
>"Why no, I haven't never visited in other country"
>>
>>53472495
>you reach those states of mind by first acting brave
Exactly, by *acting* brave, not just thinking you are brave.
That Trump quote you were talking about isn't about acting, it's about seeing yourself as awesome to begin with and ignoring any evidence to the contrary. Bit arrogant tbqh, though I can see why people do it.
>>
>>53471923
Pursuing success for the sake of being successful is a pretty shitty motivation
>>
>>53472294
We all talk shit when we're drinking, m8. It's just cunts who will unironically try to show that they're on a higher level than you that are looked down on.
>>
>>53472616
All countries should think that they're great. When your people think that they're great then the nation has a better chance of becoming great compared to a nation where everyone thinks they live in a shithole because they saw how nice a neighboring nation was and now they just want to leave.
>>
>>53472546
>goes both ways
It doesn't because I do not necessarily follow the "opposite" of whatever you necessarily follow, we live in s world with a multitude of opinions. I am not criticizing you with the previous post but the line of thinking associated with your country in this thread.

>>53472584
Everyone has the potential to be special, which is what makes people unuiqe, in their individual expression. Savants and great people exist and have always existed, and many lived ordinary lives before becoming great.
>>
>>53472294
>If someone was going on about how nobody is that special, that he's just as weak as everyone else, then I'd be annoyed by him because he sounds like a sanctimonious asshole.
That's not at all the attitude we're talking about. We don't consider everyone "equally weak", we consider everyone "equally human". Some people achieve more than others and do more in their life, but others don't for any multitude of reasons.

Boasting a bit is fine as a tool to get to know people and swap experiences but I see no utility in competing with others for social status unless you aren't confident in your own prowess/status etc.

>If someone acts like he's better than me then I'm not offended by it.
I'm not offended by it either, but I find it insufferable and arrogant and I immediately wonder A) Why he thinks he's superior to me and B) why he feels the need to let me know he thinks he's superior. It's often a sign of false confidence, if you're truly confident in yourself then you don't feel a need to make others feel inferior in order to feel valuable.
>>
>>53472616
well no, Russia is actually less qualified to answer that way, considering their rates for crime and drug abuse overeach the US.
>>
>>53472656
its a very sink or swim tactic, has a big potential to backfire on you too

>>53472698
no, it depends on their actions
sometimes acknowledging your a shithole is the first step towards actually fixing the problems
>>
>>53472707
>I'm not offended by it either, but I find it insufferable and arrogant and I immediately wonder A) Why he thinks he's superior to me and B) why he feels the need to let me know he thinks he's superior. It's often a sign of false confidence, if you're truly confident in yourself then you don't feel a need to make others feel inferior in order to feel valuable.

This nigga gets it.
>>
>>53472699
Janteloven is a matter of being humble and being ethically behaved in concern for other people, not smite whoever strives for individuality.

But really, whoever says "The harder I work the more successful I am" literally have the mentality of an ant (not necessarily talking about you). So I can't agree on that, since it's all up to possibilities, potential and circumstances, self-confidence, and your own subjective happiness that create a good life.
>>
>>53472707
spot on m8, are your parent(s) scandinavian or something?
>>
>>53472459
>The point is to keep individuals from gathering too much power.
The point is to keep individuals from being too big of a dickhead.
>>
>>53472707
>It's often a sign of false confidence, if you're truly confident in yourself then you don't feel a need to make others feel inferior in order to feel valuable.
>>53472023
>>There were all kinds of things I was afraid of at first, ranging from grizzly bears to “mean” horses and gun-fighters; but by acting as if I was not afraid I gradually ceased to be afraid.
>t. Theodore Roosevelt

by acting as if he's successful he'll be successful. Eventually.
I guess it can work if you're a really good actor
>>
File: 1451427620631.jpg (71KB, 659x659px) Image search: [Google]
1451427620631.jpg
71KB, 659x659px
>>53472656
>it's about seeing yourself as awesome to begin with and ignoring any evidence to the contrary
It seems to work though. For example, just look at Trump.

Even if he has a rough night at an interview or a debate then you certainly can't tell because he immediately comes out, cheerful as ever, and he's yelling out, "GREAT DEBATE! WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! I HAD A LOT OF FUN! I THINK I DID PRETTY WELL, PROBABLY THE BEST ON THE STAGE! WHY WAS JEB EVEN THERE? GREAT PEOPLE! GREAT CROWD! LOTS OF LOVE IN THE AIR"

And that seems to shape reality. It doesn't matter what the actual debate was like or if he didn't answer the questions that well. He just keeps saying that it was great and he says it with so much confidence that you just believe it and his poll numbers surge again.

>"WE GOTTA STOP DA MUSLIMS. THESE REFUGEES. THEY MIGHT BE DA GREAT TROJAN HORSE OF OUR TIMES"
>Media shits itself
>"YA JUST GOTTA DO IT! IT'S GOTTA BE DONE!"
>Media keeps shitting itself
>"YA GOTTA DO IT"
>This continues on for a week or two.
>Media is suddenly taking the idea seriously and talking about it.
>>
>>53471180
I agree with this in a way, however the key word is THINK. When everybody thinks they are better than everyone else you just have an entitled nation. However, the few who go the extra mile to become better than everyone don't need to think they are better. They are respected by people because of their actions. Their actions make them special, not their thoughts. Being better than most people is far from normal, but with unusual action everyone can be.
>>
>>53472904
This is just way white Australians are.
>>
>>53473061
Scandi-Austrailian worldwide empire when?
>>
>>53471180
Im glad were too individualist for this shit
>>
Orwellian level legal totalitarian facism
No difference from islam
>>
>>53472809
>>53472904
I'm Australian, as are my parents. We're traditionall pretty egalitarian you know, although the american influence is creeping in and an "I"M SO SPECIAL LOOK AT MY INSTAGRAM" attitude is becoming more common. But many of us are still decent people who know we aren't so special and different from everyone else.
>>
>>53473026
Also being good or better than everyone else doesn't necessarily being rich or famous. It's about what you do every day that stands out from the crowd, whether you are a politician, school teacher or janitor. It doesn't need to be job related either, if your actions make others look up to you or make their day better (in an unusual way) that is good enough
>>
>>53473117
We have marital ties with Denmark. Their Prince married our Tasmanian slag.
>>
>>53473133
t. borat
>>
>>53472863
>So I can't agree on that, since it's all up to possibilities, potential and circumstances
If you're working your ass off though then you will be ready and waiting when any opportunities come your way. People miss countless opportunities every day because of inaction.

Success doesn't come to you, you have to go out and hunt it ruthlessly.
>>
>>53473014
he can meme only so much untill it gets old

and i think it might be getting old soon
>>
>>53473124
We have it in a way, it's not as extreme as in other places in Europe but we still value humility.
>>
>>53473061
Come on cunt plenty of non-white aussies are like this too. Our asians are often integrated really well. I love hearing aussie accents on all different ethnicities.

Rather than trying to ensure Australia stays white forever (impossible), we should be ensuring our values stay Australian forever (possible).
>>
>>53473014
Not exactly intellectually honest though, is it?
>>
File: 1422789065114.png (220KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1422789065114.png
220KB, 499x499px
>>53473133
Except Islam has a double standard regarding themselves.

>1. You're not to think you are anything special, unless you're muslim.
>2. You're not to think you are as good as we are, unless you're muslim.
>3. You're not to think you are smarter than we are, unless you're muslim.
>4. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are, unless you're muslim.
>5. You're not to think you know more than we do, unless you're muslim.
>6. You're not to think you are more important than we are, unless you're muslim.
>7. You're not to think you are good at anything, unless you're muslim.
>8. You're not to laugh at us, unless you're muslim.
>9. You're not to think anyone cares about you, unless you're muslim.
>10. You're not to think you can teach us anything, unless you're muslim.
>>
File: 1450275095769.jpg (34KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450275095769.jpg
34KB, 600x300px
>>53473230
People keep saying that, but it's not happening so far.

I think this will be the great political revelation of our times and future American politicians will have to adapt to this new style of being a politician. The average voter doesn't give a fuck about policies or issues or any of this shit. They just want a charismatic leader that seems larger than life and can make them feel passionate about things. Nothing else really matters. This is probably why democracy is a bad idea.
>>
>>53473304
Ok, mohammad almani
>>
This thread has devolved from actually addressing the points listed in the OP to a meta discussion on individualism/collectivism.
>>
>>53473260
Well, I dont know where you live but 95% the asians I know have been much more likely to take on American culture. The only semi Australia asian I've ever meet was a fresh of the boat korean girl that I always got pissed with at uni.
>>
>>53472698
Kind of. If you just think your country is the best and support no matter what this is problematic. Every country has problems and if nobody sees them it won't get fixed. However if you don't love your country at all then people have no desire to fix it and what to leave. To truly love ones country is to want to fix it's problems to become even greater than it was, even if that means standing against what your country stands for at the moment.
>>
>>53471180
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

Protestantism, basically.
>>
>>53473333
quads of truth i guess
hopefully it lasts long enough till the voting period
>>
File: ron-paul-alone.jpg (39KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
ron-paul-alone.jpg
39KB, 611x404px
>>53473272
But does it matter as long as it works?

This seems to be what you get if you're intellectually honest.
>>
>>53473349
Being humble doesn't equal collectivism, dumbo.
>>
>>53473333
i thought the onion was meant to be completely humourless now
>>
>>53473401
Have ye ever tasted big black cock?
>>
>>53473349
evolved*

that's the sign of a good thread

Not every thread has to be shitposts only.

>>53473384
I think more asians stick to their own culture than goto american. But I knew heaps who have aussie accents and have integrated really well. Same with south asians/indians/malaysians etc.
>>
I seriously think that they should be a part of Russia/Poland

it will be better them to learn a slavic language, than arabian
>>
File: BERLUSCONI.jpg (596KB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
BERLUSCONI.jpg
596KB, 2000x1250px
>>53473333
intellectuals will have a hard time keeping up for some time, and that might be his success
>>
>>53471180
You know what bothers me about Gaydinavians?

That they claim that scandinavia is OH so cold and this and that.

I just checked and Canada has much more people living in MUCH colder places.

Also, Canada has much colder/snowy cities at southern locations.

Compare Ottawa's snowfall/tempreatures to Stockholm for example.

Ottawa can regularly have -20 and average low is -10 to -15. Precipitation is very high and accumulated snow can reach 225 in. Stockholm? Stockholm barely gets too low (don't use 2009 as an example, that was an exception in all of Europe).
>>
>>53473482
Having the accent doesnt make you australian. I couldn't give a fuck what they do, an asian will never be an anglo.
>>
File: scandipuff girls.jpg (55KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
scandipuff girls.jpg
55KB, 400x299px
>>53473506
russia we war you
>>
>>53473424
I think it matters. It shows moral character.
>>
>>53473506
>it will be better them to learn a slavic language, than arabian
kek

Seriously though that will never happen. The slavic countries have such different culture than Nordic, it wouldn't work out. Also the nordic countries tend to have a higher standard of living, so I'm sure Russians will all flock to the nordic countries if that happened. Russia could benefit if they let the nordic countries influence some of their government to be more like their own and vice versa, but Russia would probably just take full control. At the most give them autonomy
>>
>>53473688
Wow really?
>>
>>53473506
Are Estonians considered Slav?
>>
>>53473765
Estonia should be noridc
>>
>>53473333
>Rand Paul talks about tax reform for 10 minutes
>Crowd appears to be asleep
>"WE LOSE TO CHINA, WE LOSE TO MEXICO BOTH IN TRADE AND AT THE BORDER, JAPAN TAKES OUR BEEF AND THEY DON'T EVEN WANT IT! WE'RE IN BIG TROUBLE! WE NEED ENERGY, WE NEED STRENGTH, WE NEED QUICKNESS! WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT! WE HAVE TO MAKE OUR COUNTRY GREAT AGAIN AND I WILL DO THAT!"
>Crowd goes wild with applause
>>
>>53473817
No
>>
>>53471180
Janteloven is a meme you dib. Although Americans should really internalize it.
>>
>>53473556
You're dreamin if you think any country will be able to keep itself ethnically pure in the next couple of hundred years.

At least we can keep our value systems and ethics of egalitarianism if not our historic ethnic homogeneity. We should be slowly assimilating our immigrants and teaching them our values. This is what we need to focus on if we want to avoid a shitty future, not pissing in the wind by focussing on race etc.
>>
File: anime_girl_vomits.jpg (464KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_vomits.jpg
464KB, 600x600px
>>53473837
>ethics of egalitarianism
>>
>>53473876
There's a reason we and the scandi countries are better places to be born than america.
>ameritips
>>
>>53473650
Moral character and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.
>>
>>53473945
and what is that reason exactly?
>>
>>53473558
t. Mahmet al-Norwegie
>>
>>53473993
We try to help people who live at or below the poverty line.
>>
>>53473817
at first, nordic faggotory is senseless
at second, they're finno-ugric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkRVGSl4MiU

also, Karelia Republic (something like a state in Russia) has finnish as the official language
>>
>>53473837
And what would be the point? 300 years from now, I'd rather have all anglos speaking russian and eating french food than having a country full of asians pretending that we waz convicts and ned kelly and shiet.
>>
>>53473976
I wonder how many will trust you once you've expended all that morality
>>
>>53473837
I agree. I really don't care what color or heritage you are as long as you keep your third world destructive ideas where your running from.

In my city, Houston, there are all kinds of ethnicities that are very integrated. There are a few bad black neighbors (and white ones if you go a little out of towns...) but most areas are very diverse. Mixed kids are very common, almost the norm. I don't see the problem as long as everyone shares the same values and get along. And mixed girls are very beautiful...
>>
>>53474099
well unless you can put a halt into globalism the latter is bound to be happening
>>
>>53473945
There's a reason why the Scandi countries are getting flooded with muds and it's contained in your post.

>We should be slowly assimilating our immigrants and teaching them our values.
>This is what we need to focus on if we want to avoid a shitty future, not pissing in the wind by focussing on race etc.

Delusion is the fruit of egalitarianism. Race creates values. There's a reason why you don't see egalitarian Arabs. That and pathological altruism are weird things that seemed to evolve in Northern Europeans. You're wasting your time if you're trying to take these "values" that took tens of thousands of years to develop within your race and you try to teach it to some Asians that you just imported from China. They will find a way to take advantage of your weird Northern European quirks and game the system so fucking fast that you won't stand a chance in stopping them from turning your nation into a puppet that they use to advance their own ethnic interests.
>>
>>53474099
>And what would be the point?
Maybe they'll live in a future where they aren't cucked by religion, corporations or government.

>300 years from now, I'd rather have all anglos speaking russian and eating french food than having a country full of asians pretending that we waz convicts and ned kelly and shiet
You're missing the point. In 300 years asians and anglos will barely exist and they won't be claiming to be ned kelly, but hopefully they'll still have his penchant for rebelling against the establishment (someone has to).

>>53474130
Yep you get it.
>>
>>53473333
Voting for trump will be a good thing either way.
Options are:
He makes america great again. His deeply embedded concept of "simplicity is the closest thing to perfection" may actually work, and show how horribly wrong a huge clusterfuck of specialized laws and protocols for every speck of dust being moved only projects safety and never prevents things, just prevents them from happening again, see germany. Fuck up happens, law gets changed so it accomodates the one thing that happens, another fuck up happens. What will we do if the first ones blow up? Have a few thousand deaths and THEN say "gotta do something about it"

B) his memey behavior will crush under the weight of leading the world's most powerful country, making him like batman, a man not wanted, but needed, as a villain and hero at the same time, proving how important it is to do background checks on politicians and how much you should question their words while only believing estimations based on one's past behavior, not one's statements.

Either way, Trump must not be stumped. He means the revolution we desperately need.
>>
>>53474223
If they arent our chidren, then there is no point. Whether or not they have learnt from us is irrelevant. Whats the point of building a country if you just going to give it away?
>>
>>53474209
No culture creates values. The problem with letting so many immigrants is they come from a destructive, barbarian third world culture and many aren't willing to give those values up. Many of the refugees are running bombs and guns when they should be running from third world ideologies. They need to realize that created much of the mess in the middle east.
>>
>>53474209
>There's a reason why the Scandi countries are getting flooded with muds and it's contained in your post.
No it's not. I mostly agree with my country's immigration policies. We should be allowing immigrants in at a reasonable pace and ensuring they integrate instead of bringing their shitty practices and beliefs here and ghettoising them so those beliefs propagate.

>There's a reason why you don't see egalitarian Arabs.
Yes I do. I know like 3 of them, they speak with aussie accents, drink and one of them is gay.
>you try to teach it to some Asians
And they eventually learn. This happens.

This is some fucking craniology tier backward thinking you've got here m8. You claim egalitarianism has made me deluded? Have a look at your post and look for any evidence anywhere for what you've said.

>>53474354
>Whats the point of building a country if you just going to give it away?
Because all countries are given away eventually with time (and don't throw that back at me I just said I support our restrictive immigration, I think it needs to be regulated etc). So you may aswell make the best country you can for as many people as you can.
>>
>>53474130
>And mixed girls are very beautiful
They're batshit insane and it's fucking cruel to create them. Just watch this shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB3d8SJrcBU

Blacks do not consider them black because they have "too much white in them," be it more white facial features, more white body types in the females, or longer and less kinky hair, less greasy skin, etc. The blacks are envious of them being less black, and as children they express it by attacking them for not being like the rest of the group.

Meanwhile, as they are dark skinned, they are not considered white by anyone looking at them. They are considered to be a black person and seen by non-blacks as no different from other black people.

And so the mixed person has no place among either regular racial group, and grows to resent both of them, as well as themselves, because they do not truly belong anywhere, and seek to destroy not just themselves, but both groups to which they cannot belong.
>>
>>53474500
Fuckin bullshit. Countries have almost never been given away, its always been fought over. There is absolutely no reason australia cant remain a white country and its in everyones best interest that it does, even for the asians. The only people who support shit like that are betas who settle for asian girls and need to justify the fact that their children will never be white.
>>
>>53474573
this has to be bait
>>
>>53474661
Watch the video. The mulattoes basically said exactly what I said.
>>
>>53474701
he's more than likely a mutt himself, m80. Christ know we have enough for the fuckers with all the old white cunts bringing over their asian prostitute brides.
>>
>>53474573
Most people aren't obsesses with their race and aren't batshit fucking crazy.
>>
File: india-open-defacation.jpg (384KB, 1200x749px) Image search: [Google]
india-open-defacation.jpg
384KB, 1200x749px
>>53474433
>The problem with letting so many immigrants is they come from a destructive, barbarian third world culture and many aren't willing to give those values up
Of course they aren't willing to give it up. They are those values. They created it, they perpetuate it. The values are intrinsically a part of them. Import third world people and you get third world problems. They know that they created the mess in the middle east, they just don't see it as a mess, otherwise they wouldn't be throwing grenades in Sweden, raping women in Germany, and turning these countries into exactly what they just left.

I look at this picture and I see a toxic waste dump that I would never get any where near for no amount of money. An Indian looks at this and he sees a river for bathing. That's more than just culture.
>>
>>53474646
You honestly believe that the world we live in with people communicating from all over the world instantly, travelling from one side of the world to the other in hours, with hugely integrated economies, that any nation can keep itself ethnically pure?

There is a reason australia can't remain a white country, and it's because we're a rich country. So long as we're a place people want to live, we won't be able to stay white. We will have to take refugees, we will have to import expert workers and doctors, people will meet their partners via the internet and come live here etc. And while this happens australians will be doing the same thing and going to live in other non-shithole countries. It will take time but it's inevitable.

>>53474701
People who participate in poetry competitions are not representative of anyone. Sure it happens but it's not the only experience.

>>53474780
I'm probably more anglo than you tb'h.
>>
>>53474889
lol, I wouldn't even piss in that
>>
>Americans complaining about Scandinavian norms meant to ensure common decency
>American expressing social darwinist and racist opinions

Americans, everyone. AMERICANS.
>>
>>53474806
>Most people aren't obsesses with their race
Other than white people, most people pretty much are. Whites, for whatever reason, have an extremely weak ingroup preference and they project that onto everyone else, even though these people are marching through the fucking streets doing Black Lives Matter riots every other day, self-segregating themselves by race, and essentially living their entire lives based around ingroup racial preference. Asians care about their own ethnic interests, blacks care about their own ethnic interests, whites seem to be semi-retarded and completely oblivious to all of this.
>>
>>53474889
But lots of people do see it as a mess. Just not the refugees coming in now. The ones who were seeking asylum before do generally hate their culture and are leaving the country to get away from it. However now almost anyone can get into the EU they leaving to find jobs and not to get blown up.

Not every Indian sees that a bath. And it really is just the culture. They are too poor to bathe in clean water, they don't all get running water. If you gave them a choice between that and a proper bath they will take the bath.
>>
>>53475052
Holy fuck do you have any real world experience or do you get all of your information through a screen?
>>
>>53475102
He's white trash who couldn't be farther from old boy culture, Ivy League colleges, Wall Street...the institutions that epitomize 'white ingroup preference' as well as America in the world at large.
>>
>>53474930
You're missing my point. I know that Australia is heading towards globalism and if thing continue the way they currently are, we will no longer be white. I trying to say that we should do everything in our power to prevent it. There is no real reason we have to take anyone in, there is no reason to take in overseas workers and ther is no reason for us to allow people to bring in their mailorder brides. The simple fact is it doesnt matter if the asians that take over all play footy and eat meat pies or if they work 16 hour days and eat babies, either way we have lost.
>>
lol tbĥ
>>
>>53475052
None of this is the case for most blacks. I get the feeling you don't see very many black people, or your city is very segregated. In a culture like that than people are attached to their race, but if it isn't treated as an issue than nobody is proud of their race.
>>
>>53475188
Why? The people who come in can still acknowledge their heritage and you can still have yours, even if many people are mixed. You can acknowledge heritage and still have the same values at the present.
>>
>>53475230
please. Life isnt like a disney cartoon where each group of friend have at least one black and asian member. People almost always self segregate. Asians hang around with asians, blacks with blacks, and muzzies with muzzies. Most people dont even date interracially. Even asian girls, who are the most likey to jump ships, are more likely to end up with an asian man.
>>
>>53475188
Well I think we've made our positions clear to each other but I couldn't disagree with you more. You're essentially saying it doesn't matter how we act, it only matters how we look.

And that is a fucking atrocious attitude.
>>
>>53475408
its not how we look, its about passing on the best future to your children. giving all of our father fathers work to immigrants is robbing the next generation
>>
File: baltimore inflamed.png (1MB, 1388x785px) Image search: [Google]
baltimore inflamed.png
1MB, 1388x785px
>>53475102
>Holy fuck do you have any real world experience
Considering that I live about 30 minutes from Baltimore, I have far more real world experience than I would like to have.

Apparently your population is 92% white, 7% Asian, and 1% aboriginal and other. That's a fucking petting zoo compared to the hellish jungle that is large parts of the US. Get back to me when you encounter blacks in large numbers. At this point, any blacks that you encounter are so isolated from other blacks that they're essentially your trained pet and are not even a remotely accurate example of what blacks are like when living around other blacks.
>>
>>53475398
Not true in my city. I had friends of almost race or mixed, not because I was trying to keep a token black friend around but that is just how it happened. In a truly integrated city it can work
>>
>>53475575
Most of the blacks we get are from the very top of african society, so they only know how the very best of them act. Anyone who has spent time around the somalian refugees will know how shitty they are
>>
>>53475575
The only crime I've ever been a victim of or seen has been committed by poor white people. I could argue that socio economic status is the contributing factor to crime but I'm not going to bother.

>>53475695
>Anyone who has spent time around the somalian refugees will know how shitty they are
That's not true. I did a bit of teaching at a high school in an extremely shitty neighbourhood and the african kids were some of the best. Ugly kids but nice and respectful.
>>
>>53475695
>people from devolped parts of Africa are good
>shitholes are bad
>but race is the problem not culture
>>
>>53475881
wow, I guess the somali gangs constant fight with the abo gangs were just a figment of my imagination. That abo teenager that was chopped up with machettes and the high crime statistics for somalian immigrants, it was all just a dream...

>>53476028
yes, it is called the bellcurve my friend.
>>
I support it with all my heart
>>
>>53476065
I'm not saying they're universally good people, plenty of them aren't. However we do put them in commission housing in the worst parts of the country surrounded by bogans so it's no surprise they sometimes turn into criminals. And that's not me justifying their behaviour, some of them are just flatout savage cunts (not many coz we have good immigrant screening) but it certainly doesn't help.

Anyway goodnight you fucking /pol/ cunts. I hope you expand your mind a bit and stop seeing everything through an angry political and racial filter and enjoy life a bit more.
>>
>>53476297
yet bogans commit crime at a much lower rate.
>>
>>53471473
This. Even if you're 1 in a million there are 7.000 people like you around the globe.
>>
File: black crime.jpg (532KB, 616x5370px) Image search: [Google]
black crime.jpg
532KB, 616x5370px
>>53475881
>The only crime I've ever been a victim of or seen has been committed by poor white people.
Of course. Who else would it be? The 7% asians? The 1% aboriginals that are too busy sleeping in the road? When 92% of your country is white and the second largest group are fucking Asians then of course it will most likely be a poor white person who robs you.

>Blacks are responsible for 40.8% of all domestic violence cases, despite being only 13% of the population

Let's take a look at one of our wonderful American cities.

>Blacks are 54% of the population of Atlanta but are responsible for:
>100% of homicide
>95% of rape
>94% of robbery
>84% of aggravated assault
>93% of burglary
-APD Uniform Crime Reports, Apr 2011 to Apr 2012
http://www.atlantapd.org/uniformcrimereports.aspx

BUT I'M SURE IT'S JUST SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS

SAME FOR ALL OF THIS OTHER STUFF TOO

>The rate of aggravated assault of whites by blacks is 200x higher than it is for whites against blacks.
SAY IT WITH ME: SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS
>>
>>53471611
This is how the jante law works too. Success is good, boasting and putting on airs isn't.
>>
>>53476528
he's more than likely non-white himself
>>
>>53472699
Not even great people are special. There have been thousands upon thousands of geniuses.
>>
>>53473133
I'm not even going to argue because it used to true. Sweden was a "soft" fascist state until 1968 basically. Not anymore though, nowadays just America light.
>>
>>53473349
Very American to equate not being a bragging stuck up asshole with collectivism.
>>
The English name for this is chat shit get banged
>>
>>53471474

> what happened?

We fucking raped you in every possible field of human endeavor. This Confucian bullshit needs to die in fire.
>>
>>53473821
That's late Roman Republic tier. Trump is the modern day Clodius.
>>
>>53471180
Why do they break the Jante law when it comes to Muslims? Is there a different set of laws when dealing with a Muslim?

>1. You are very special.
>2. You are better than we are.
>3. You are smarter than we are.
>4. Please use our women at your convenience.
>5. You know more than we do.
>6. You're more important than us and your culture and religion are also more important than us.
>7. You are good at everything.
>8. Please laugh at and attack the small Swedish children.
>9. We care about you so much that you will never go to prison for any long period of time, regardless of what you do.
>10. Please kill us
>>
>>53471180
Nothing wrong with these, I wish we had those here.
>>
>>53472000
This x1,000,000

So many billionaires say
>God wanted me to be this rich!
Motherfucker did you even TRY to read the Bible? Sociopathic is the right word indeed
>>
>>53477095
It's because the Jante law has been replaced by American values in the cities where the SJWs come from, it's as simple as that.
>>
File: america.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
america.webm
1MB, 720x404px
>>53477320
>American values
>Liking Muslims
What part of America are you getting your values from? California?

If you have American values then where's the guns and the burgers?
>>
>>53471180
You may have misunderstood, OP. It's not written down for anyone to follow, it's written down to describe an attitude already prevalent in scandinavia.
>>
>>53473272
It's plenty honest
Do you really think Trump doesn't believe he does great in debates, interviews, etc? Cause he totally does believe it and I don't blame him (I can only name a few events where he does poorly and even then its shit that would make other politicians implode)
>>
>>53478038
His rallies is literally 25 minutes of reading polls and saying Jeb Bush/someone else is an idiot. I do get that Americans like that kind of thing though.
>>
File: 1445778574691.png (47KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1445778574691.png
47KB, 1200x900px
>be generally dissatisfied with life in sweden and sweden itself
>travel to other countries
>realise they are 1 million times shittier
nordics really is the best place in the world
>>
>>53477547
hey man sjw comes from toronto leave california alone
>>
>>53471180
Scands are natural cucks
What are you expecting?

Arrogance is an American trait and its why America leads the world whether others like it or not
You know why people hate America? They can't deal with the way Americans view the world. It's an incredibly arrogant view. One where western and middle eastern conflict started 50 years ago. It's why the American globalist cock fucks everyone (even other arrogant americans). They're all too big of cucks to become arrogant in their own unique way and so never challenge the arrogance.

It's a very neat mindset imo. One that seems common among empires. I don't believe I know of a humble empire.
>>
>>53478503
By shittier you mean "uncucked"?
>>
>>53478503
This.

As soon as you leave the Nordics you get to see stuff that makes you long for home, only real exception being Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and maybe Austria. Everywhere else is shit.
>>
>>53478684
Austria is fucking amazing
>>
>>53478322
Nah he talks about issues too
Recently he's been talking more and more about education and how we spend the most per pupil yet have really shitty education
Generally his talking points revolve around what is incredibly shitty in America and why it is and he never says it outright but you get the sense that he dislikes global corporations (only the ones that fuck America though)

You just don't get it mate you're not American
>>
>>53478738
droping AA would be a first step
>>
File: 1452268440111.jpg (275KB, 1171x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1452268440111.jpg
275KB, 1171x1366px
When will footage of Scandis getting sodomized by pavement apes get uploaded to WORLD STAR?

W O R L D S T A R
O
R
L
D

S
T
A
R
>>
>>53478322
You forgot about the part where the crowds are always told at the beginning of each rally to begin screaming "TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!" as loud as they can if a protester appears. It's amazing to experience it.

The entire crowd immediately turns to face the hipster, they all begin to fanatically scream, "TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!" and then you hear Trump shout, "GET THEM THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" as the crowd erupts in a massive explosive of applause and chanting.

Trump rallies are a spiritual experience.
>>
>>53479176
I was never a religious person before I saw Trump, but now I believe that God walks among us and has taken human form.
>>
>>53471454
>Physical reinforcement was so poorly understood Teddy was given shitty advice
kek
>>
>>53471180
Taharrush > Jante's shield
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.