[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Demon Culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

File: i-Frankenstein-20.jpg (95KB, 735x1000px) Image search: [Google]
i-Frankenstein-20.jpg
95KB, 735x1000px
Demons exist in many cultures all over the world with various meanings before the Christian version. Tell me about your country's versions.
>>
they iz evil n shiet
>>
>>>/x/

and you will get actual replies.
>>
>>53469839

This is /int/ It's an /int/ question.
>>
In Australia we have the Bunyips that come from Aboriginals but they are actually a bit spooky since they're mysterious. They crawl out of creeks and billabongs but no one quite agrees exactly on what they look like so every picture of them depicts them differently.
>>
spooky stories about horror tier mermaids to keep people away from dangerous rivers
dragons n shiet
>>
File: Sandman-Lucifer.jpg (35KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
Sandman-Lucifer.jpg
35KB, 620x320px
The only demons I can think of as being part of our culture really are the christian version.

I suppose America has twisted the idea from some goat-fucker to a red painted caricature of whatever country the author hates. Or is that America? I doubt we came up with the idea - It seems like an obvious shift in the western kind of society where people aren't afraid of demons and magic fucking up their family so much as big businesses somehow fucking up their life.
>>
>>53469954
My bad, I lost a sentence there about him being in a suit.
>>
File: fairyroom_yara-mayha-who2.jpg (170KB, 700x919px) Image search: [Google]
fairyroom_yara-mayha-who2.jpg
170KB, 700x919px
>>53469909
Also lesser known is the Yara-ma-yha-who

> It lives in fig trees and does not hunt for food, but waits until an unsuspecting traveler rests under the tree. It then drops onto the victim and drains their blood using the suckers on its hands and feet, making them weak. It then consumes the person, drinks some water, and then takes a nap. When the Yara-ma-yha-who awakens, it regurgitates the victim, leaving it shorter than before. The victim's skin also has a reddish tint to it that it didn't have before. It repeats this process several times. At length, the victim is transformed into a Yara-ma-yha-who itself
>>
>>53469954
For fuck's sake he's talking about Indians and shit. Something like a Kokopelli
>>
>>53470035
Holy shit
Abos are some scary people
I too would huff gas if I thought this bastard was in every fig tree
>>
File: Loreley.jpg (3MB, 3527x2575px) Image search: [Google]
Loreley.jpg
3MB, 3527x2575px
Loreley,
a nix that lures with skippers with her singing into dangerous riffs and shallows. they also named a huge rock next to one of the trickiest river sections of the Rhine after that nix.

Ships are still wrecked there today and they believe the Rhine killed hundreds of sailors there.
>>
File: drekavac-600x250.jpg (41KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
drekavac-600x250.jpg
41KB, 600x250px
Drekavac (Cyrllic: дpeкaвaц, Serbo-Croatian pronunciation:[drɛkaʋats], literally "the screamer"[1]), also called drek and drekalo is a mythical creature in south Slavic mythology. The name is derived from the adjective drečati (meaning bawling).
Drekavac comes from the souls of children who have died unbaptised.[2]
>>
The Jersey Devil is a legendary creature or cryptid said to inhabit the Pine Barrens of southern New Jersey, United States. The creature is often described as a flying biped with hooves, but there are many different variations.
>>
File: 1024px-Dybbuk.jpg (290KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Dybbuk.jpg
290KB, 1024x782px
>In Jewish mythology, a Dybbuk (meaning "adhere" or "cling") is a malicious possessing spirit believed to be the dislocated soul of a dead person. It supposedly leaves the host body once it has accomplished its goal, sometimes after being helped.
>>
File: pan.jpg (20KB, 235x346px) Image search: [Google]
pan.jpg
20KB, 235x346px
Pretty much the archetype of the modern depiction of christian demons, for whatever reason.
This lil' nigga just raped slutty forest spirits all day long, they were pretty much asking for it anyway (total nymphs).
>>
File: peas.gif (488KB, 460x352px) Image search: [Google]
peas.gif
488KB, 460x352px
>>53470743
>total nymphs
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.