[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /int/ think of alex supertramp.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Chris_McCandless.png (160KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Chris_McCandless.png
160KB, 350x263px
what does /int/ think of alex supertramp.
>>
>>53453062
I'm glad he's dead.
>>
File: 1442879947437.png (615KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
1442879947437.png
615KB, 816x612px
>>53453062
Sad story, man. I was reading about him this week, weird that you bring him up. He died a slow and sad death, though he was probably happy until the end.

I wish I could do what he did, or even simply pay my respect to him by visiting this bus.
>>
File: 1452026231501.jpg (47KB, 600x817px) Image search: [Google]
1452026231501.jpg
47KB, 600x817px
>>53453090
>>
>>53453062
Guy was a rich kid idiot of the worse kind and died a deserving death. I spent quite a while homeless and scoff at people who would glorify shits like him
>>
>>53453062
He was alright.

Too bad he wasted that moose.
>>
>>53453062
A fucking idiot. Too proud to accept even a little bit of help, even little shit like a pair of boots or extra rice.

He was too cocky, and that's why he died. He was an asshole too, just a shitty person.

I didn't finish his book, I was so turned off by him. Good riddance.
>>
>>53453568
>I didn't finish his book
He has a book? I've been reading about him on the internet and I felt like he was a bit mentally unstable or deranged. Does his book reflect that?
>>
>>53453568
He wasn't too proud, he just set the terms of his test and failed it.

Fruits like you are more assblasted about it than he ever was.
>>
>>53453062
Why he went to live like this if he didnt know a thing about living like this?
>>
>>53453680
It's Into The Wild by John Krakauer so not actually his but it includes his crazed ramblings when he's deep in Alaska.
>>
>>53453760
"to test his own will"

it's narcisssssssssism

some people are just that crazy
>>
>>53453760
It was his dream, since he was really into stuff like Henry David Thoreau.

Though if he knew that eating nothing but meat with no fat would kill him, he would have made it through. Also that AST that flew above him before his death, they could have landed but nah.
>>
>>53453798
Are you his mom?
>>
>He ventured into the Alaskan wilderness in April 1992 with little food and equipment, hoping to live simply for a time in solitude

Motherfucker could have simply gotten himself arrested, act up and get thrown in the hole if he wanted to be in solitude.
>>
>>53453760
it's a romantic ideal of many ignorant americans that they can simply sustain themselves and live a natural life in the primal wilds. No, the wild kicks their ass because they don't bother to learn ANYTHING about the place their going and the harsh realities forthwith
>>
>>53453707
Because he was a fucking idiot.

What he wanted to do on his own terms wasn't survivable, and despite everyone that met him telling him not to, and offering him anything they could to help his survival, he refused because he thought he was "above that".

He was also a virgin when he died, so ha ha to him.
>>
>>53453876
shit, they're**
>>
>>53453896
Of course it was survivable.

He had a whole fucking moose. He just had bad information on how to preserve the meat.
>>
>>53453943
It was a Caribou
>>
>>53453062
He was a retard.

If you want to embrace nature or whatever, take a survivalist course at the Community center or something first.
>>
>>53453434
If anything he was a fedora
>>
>>53455496
it was a fucking reindeer you retard
>>
I read about him on Wikipedia; very much reminded me of a former friend who was extremely self-absorbed and narcissistic.
>>
>>53455780
It was a MAN.

A very bad man.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.