[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Staying in Italy for 4 months, can Italybros tell me some things?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: italyflag.png (732B, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
italyflag.png
732B, 275x183px
So I'll be studying in Rome for four months starting next week, and was wondering if anyone from Italy could tell me what to expect.

A few questions.

>Are gypsies really as bad as they say? Am I going to get robbed every time I take a train?

>I know some Italian, and will be taking classes on it there, but in the city of Rome and Italy altogether, do many Italians speak or understand English?

>Are there any laws that I, as an ignorant American, should be aware of?

>What are the women like?

>I've heard mixed things about Venice. Is it worth visiting?

And anything else you guys could tell me would be appreciated
>>
>>53448270

Most people will know English. Gypsies are shit, just don't go to any back allies. There will also be Africans trying to sell you knockoff bags and trinkets but they are not harmful

Venice is nice for a day trip. It gets very hot and humid in the summer so go soon.
>>
>>53448270

yes, but no

some do, some don't, most will understand you and ask a friend to speak for them

nah

depends, Roman women in my experience are normal women, the north has the sluts

i don't know, i hear that it's beautiful but it stinks and it's in bad condition

also, prepare to be confused by hand gestures.
>>
>>53448453
My family is Italian American, will I understand some of the body language?

>>53448428
I'll be leaving in eight days, staying until May
>>
>Are gypsies really as bad as they say?
theyre pretty annoying,depingd on the places(train stations for example)
>Am I going to get robbed every time I take a train?
Nah,just dont be dumb
>I know some Italian, and will be taking classes on it there, but in the city of Rome and Italy altogether, do many Italians speak or understand English?
In big cityes it's likely.Young people should know it better, but any commercial place sould have someone who know it
>Are there any laws that I, as an ignorant American, should be aware of?
Mmm dont think so
>What are the women like?
Less partysluts than my American stereotypes, a good ammount of people is still pretty racist (even if the wont admit it) so maybe you'll have less succes if you are black.Small town gilrs also love foreiginers
>I've heard mixed things about Venice. Is it worth visiting?
Yes, you have to visit it.It does smell like pee in a lot of places tho
>>
File: hand gesture.gif (810KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
hand gesture.gif
810KB, 1000x667px
>>53448542
italian americans are very different from italians though, anyway, do you know what this means?
if you do you're pretty much 1/3rd of the way

protip: it doesn't just mean "what?"
>>
>>53448602
I plan to visit Pompeii and Florence as well, other than the obvious places like the Sistine Chapel, the Coliseum, and the Vatican, what other places would you recommend visiting?

>>53448616
Isn't it something you do for emphasis?
>>
>>53448674
every single gesture is for emphasis, that single gesture means a fuckton of things, it's an instinct for us
>>
>>53448737
Got it, I'll do my best to pick up on it. Are there any gestures that Americans make that would come across as obscene to Italians?
>>
>>Are gypsies really as bad as they say? Am I going to get robbed every time I take a train?

Yes to the first, no to the second.

>>I know some Italian, and will be taking classes on it there, but in the city of Rome and Italy altogether, do many Italians speak or understand English?

Not unless it's young people but you have to learn the language to fit in, even the nicest guy will switch to speaking Italian with other Italians after a while, don't expect people to speak english only because you're in the group.

>>Are there any laws that I, as an ignorant American, should be aware of?

no guns allowed

>>What are the women like?

like women

>>I've heard mixed things about Venice. Is it worth visiting?

yes

>And anything else you guys could tell me would be appreciated

gaijin go home :^)
>>
>>53448674
>other places would you recommend visiting?
Personally, i loved Siena, wich is close to Firenze
>>
>>53448795
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8hAOxsTpVY

i found a video that could help you
>>
>>53448838
Really? No guns? I'll be honest, I id not expect that from Italy.

>>53448859
Thanks, anon.

>>53448843
I'll have to look into that, thank you.
>>
File: 1435600011418.png (9KB, 308x313px) Image search: [Google]
1435600011418.png
9KB, 308x313px
>>53448937
no problem
>>
>>53448270
venetian here, come in a week day, not rainy and not during summer, be prepared to weird smells and long walks and to get lost
>>
Another questions, what's the situation like as far as the immigrants in Italy? I know in Germany, Sweden, the UK, and some other places there's a lot of problems. That kind of thing happen much in Italy?
>>
>>53448602
it's not pee it's freschin

>>53448674
in rome, the vatican museums and villa borghese
>>
File: like i give a cazzo.png (217KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
like i give a cazzo.png
217KB, 480x720px
>>53449301
we have immigrants, but we're not cucks
>>
>>53448859
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8hAOxsTpVY
A bit over the top

>>53449301
The refugees are outside of the big cities so it doesn't really matter, the only immigrants you will find in Rome will be africans trying to sell you bracelets and stuff like someone said before but they're not violent, just annoying
>>
>>53449301
the situation in italy is far worse than in germany, but as caucasian adult male i think you will survive, prbably america is still a more dangerous to live than italy
>>
>>53449413
>the situation in italy is far worse than in germany
How?
>>
>>53449395
>>53449392
Thanks anon.

>>53449322
I was planning on seeing the Vatican museums, but, at the risk of sounding stupid, what's Villa Borghese?
>>
File: villa-borghese.110.jpg (385KB, 1800x1012px) Image search: [Google]
villa-borghese.110.jpg
385KB, 1800x1012px
>>53449508
>>
>>53449508
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galleria_Borghese
>>
>>53449626
>>53449672
Awesome, thanks. And thanks for being so obliging in answering my questions.
>>
>>53449739
our pleasure
>>
>>53449819
So, are Italians generally friendly as they say? Sorry for stereotyping.
>>
>>53449915
yeah, most of us tend to be very gregarious, even more with new people, prepare to answer a lot of questions
>>
>>53449915
yes, generally yes, friendly and curious
>>
>>53450084
>>53449998
Awesome, thanks. And I have no problem answering questions, I enjoy conversations, I just hope we'll be able to understand one another.
>>
>>53450131
there's always "that one guy who speaks english really well" in groups so you won't have that problem
>>
>>53450131
would you like to let us hear some of your italian? a vocaroo maybe?
>>
>>53450192
Fantastic.
>>
>>53450210
I know very very little, like basic greetings, saying goodbye, how are you, etc. I'll be taking classes once I arrive, so hopefully I'll be able to hold a basic conversation soon enough.
>>
>>53450329
careful with the "h"

trust me
>>
>>53450408
Noted, thank you.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.