[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I came across a "what did your grandfather accomplish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: NapoleonThread.jpg (110KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
NapoleonThread.jpg
110KB, 600x496px
So I came across a "what did your grandfather accomplish in WWII" and became jealous because mine did nothing.

So instead I'm making a "what did your ancestors did in the Napoleonic wars" to flaunt the exploits of my family.
>>
I'll start then. There was an ancestor in the family whose Grenadier uniform my great-uncle has preserved. Apparently he met Napoleon and served in Russia (1/5 chance of survival). There isn't much else we know with certitude for what he'd previously, but if served in Russia, he must've participated in Leipzig. No idea for the "100 days' campaign" since that was voluntary.

Now post yours heh. Americans allowed if it concerns the 1812 war.
>>
>>53435153
defeated you
>>
>>53435202
Well he survived, so didn't defeat me personally. And he procreated too for his lineage to now banter you on /int/. Just what he would've wanted.
>>
i can't remember what my ancestors did at that time so i'm ignoring your rule

one of mine was the last governor to end a colonial uprising by hanging the perpetrators - a load of nogs in nyasaland back in the early 1915 i think

other ancestors did stuff like going to japan and getting medals back in the 1800s for things i can't remember

>>53435202
>the russian weather defeated you

ftfy
>>
>>53435153
defeat Napoleon tbqhwyf
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-08-17-49-43.png (887KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-08-17-49-43.png
887KB, 1080x1920px
>>53435153
My ancestor was Louis Lahure.
He BTFO the swamp Germans.

Good thread OP. Plebs without lineage can't say anything here.
>>
This thread is kinda pathetic
>>
>>53435868
We'll see about that Wallonia. You won't be so proud once absorbed into Nord-Pas-de-Calais.
>>
>>53435936
That's the idea. Although we know you're only jealous of not having a Napoleonic veteran within the family.

>>53435897
Hmm for real?
>>
>>53435897
Basé peh
>>
>>53436008
I actually might but its impossible to know if he actually fought just that he left france the same year the war ended, I really dont care though since the french lost anyway and it may be the reason he left
>>
My ancestor in the late 18th century was a portuguese nobleman who received some land in Brazil from the king and around the war he was probably old and crippled, but rich. I guess his family was still in Portugal when Napoleon invaded it.
>>
>>53436135
May have been a Napoleonic supporter evading capture from Royalists if his departure coincided with our loss and the restauration of the monarchy. Then again, USA was the place to be, be it that you were Napoleonic or Royalist. Anyways, I'll make a WW1 thread next time I get jelly from WW2 threads. That'll be less pathetic.
>>
Apparently they've been kicking the frogs asses so hard they flew back to Paris. Why are you asking?
>>
>>53436215
I hope my ancestor raped ypur female ancestor :3
>>
>>53436339
delet. We are not rude in France.
>>
>>53436008

Who would be jealous? WWII is the single biggest event in human history. Compared to it, even the Napoleonic wars seem inconsequential.
>>
>>53435595

We have a proverb here, translates roughly as 'bad dancer would blame his own balls'. Applies here desu. Planning to invade a cold country? Dress according to the fucking season or go home.
>>
>>53435153
I don't know, but I have Napoleonic street in my village, so propably your army marched there
>>
>>53436306
So your ancestors were fleas ?
>>
>>53436008
Oui, on a fait une étude généalogique et tout, on a même sa légion d'honneur et son portrait à la maison. J'ai des grand-parents historiens.
>>
>>53436526
>Planning to invade a cold country? Dress according to the fucking season or go home.
It was in summer.
Plus it wasn't really an "invasion", he just brought his forces to fight, but the Russian army just fled to Moscow (smart move btw)
>>
>>53435153
Half were farming potatoes in Ireland and the other half were farming dirt in Norway
>muh heritage
>>
>>53435153

I have zero knowledge of my ancestors beyond my grannies, but I find it very likely and reasonable that, at least, one of them stabbed some frenchies to death in between 1808-1814.
>>
>>53436713

Fleas do not parasite on human, lice do buddy.

Anyway, how could a nation which invented perfume to mask their stench complain about some extra lice, not even speaking of thinking that one could run to fucking Paris from them of all places. :3
>>
>>53436860

Kekekekeke
>>
>>53436457
>Things that aren't [insert big thing my country was involved in] are inconsequential

You weren't in the picture for most of humanity's greatest events, but thankfully, the history of humanity is unconsequential, since USA wasn't involved.

(It is exactly consquential, because the present determine the future)
>>
>>53436457
>napoleonic wars seem inconsequential
Cmon man, just because its not the biggest war does not mean its not important. Napoleonic wars were a full blown world war that shaped the future. Dont make us Americans look bad, they already think we dont know history
>>
File: BasedCuddy.png (139KB, 316x969px) Image search: [Google]
BasedCuddy.png
139KB, 316x969px
Confirmed British Naval Superiority for over a century
>>
No idea.
>>
>>53437193
?
What I said was descriptively correct
>>
>>53435153
I have a bunch of dudes as ancestors in that troubled times. Genealogy in times of war is bullshit or at least hazardous; so I didn't even care to keep a track of them
>inb4 your family has no lineage
While true for the most part; it certainly is related to the fact that we have one French Resistance leaders; aka communist&betrayed&captured&tortured&neverspoke&nonotasbasedasJeanMoulinbutstill

(i'm French)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.