[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discussion of importance of religion vs Development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Religion_in_the_world.png (55KB, 1368x612px) Image search: [Google]
Religion_in_the_world.png
55KB, 1368x612px
Does religion affect human development ? what about wealth ?

interesting resources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importance_of_religion_by_country

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-4V3HR696k
>>
Poland is the poorest country in Europe and also the most religious.
>>
File: Screenshot_17.png (16KB, 212x415px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_17.png
16KB, 212x415px
>>53419909
Umm..not by far on both.
That honour belongs to Ukraine, which is mostly irreligious.
>>
>>53419988
africa is so poor and so religious though
>>
>>53419576
>India and Iran average
Top what
>>
>>53419576
I feel like being run by a caliphate should put you in the more religious category, fucking Iran.
>>
>>53419576
Religion has zero importance, unless you somehow convince yourself that religion is important
>>
>>53420154
And on the other side, we have North Korea and China, Eastern and South Eastern parts of Russia which are poor as fuck and without religion for the most part, East, Eastern Germany which is one of the most atheist places on Earth still being poorer than the Western part after a third of a century.
Seriously, this whole discussion is "let's plaster anecdotes without regard to the hundreds of historical factors that led to the situation being like that".
Fedoras which jerk off to "muh Nordic HDI" and other stuff like that, christfags will invoke certain places in Europe and "muh christian heritage", etc.
Ironically, in a way it's like the Old Testament in a secular manner "If you (don't) follow the teachings of God, your society shall be blessed with peace and prosperity, great monuments and cultural flourishing, while deviating from it shall result in chaos, civil unrest and war proportional to your secular sins."
>>
Brazil religious my ass.

You only see old people in churchs
>>
>>53420482
Also Estonia having a higher than normal proportion of AIDS amongst it's population.
"But that's because of Russia/gommunism/whatever!"
Yup, but this discussion places countries on a simplistic dichotomy.
>>
>>53420549
All the brazilians in my area have weird evangelical cult churches. I thought you were supposed to be catholic?
>>
>>53420631

Are your immigrants only old people?
>>
>>53419988
Isn't Moldova poorer?
>>
>>53419576
>Does religion affect human development ?
Other way around usually, except in cases like Saudi Arabia where religious retards don't allow universities to teach properly or don't allow women to work.
>what about wealth ?
Rich countries usually don't care about religion.
>>
>>53420744
nope.
Ukraine "dethroned" it some time ago.
>>
File: images.jpg (24KB, 390x377px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24KB, 390x377px
>he doesn't live in a secular country
>>
>>53420631
Due to a lot of US influence, there a few weird evangelicals, mormons, even scientologist missionaires. Generally only the really stupid and poor are protestant in Lat. America, with generally older people being catholic/religious enough to go to church every sunday.

The most protestant lat. american country is probably Guatemala or El Salvador, but with Brasil are they have some money, they're able to build these weird temples, like that one "rebuilt" temple of solomon.
>>
>>53421144
Old-school protestantism is pretty cool, but screw me if your Second Great Awakening denoms aren't meme tier.
>>
>>53420919
>he has a """"saint george's cross"""" on his flag
>he has a """"saint andrew's cross"""" on his flag
>he has a """"saint patrick's cross"""" on his flag
>>
>>53421144

Protestant churchs are full of old people too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.