[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any women in this board? Can you explain to me what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1452471362337.jpg (129KB, 950x941px) Image search: [Google]
1452471362337.jpg
129KB, 950x941px
Are there any women in this board?

Can you explain to me what is so wrong about this pic? What is so bad about being housewife?
>>
>>53402129
Give me the upsides to it
>>
Not a woman, but technology like washing machines and dishwashers have made housework take a lot less time, to the point that being a full time stay home mom isn't necessary anymore. It made sense financially before that, but now it makes more sense mom to have a job, even if it means spending a portion of the extra income on services like house cleaning or daycare to make it work.
>>
File: 1450054424347.jpg (100KB, 748x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450054424347.jpg
100KB, 748x960px
>>53402353

This honestly, being a housewife used to be a 24/7 full time job. Just doing the simple things like preparing food, laundry, and washing dishes would take literally all day and was utterly exhausting. It was fulfilling to do the role and you felt like you had a crucial purpose to your family and society. Nowadays, we can do all 3 in 30min. It's predictably unfulfilling when your most important role to society can be accomplished in an hour or two with modern technology. It makes sense that women used all that free time to figure out how to make more of their lives and time, but lately it's gotten too extreme and people forgot why we had the role of housewife in the first place. I think we will see in the coming decades a real effort to re-establish the nuclear family. Single parent households are broken households that produce broken people. Society as a whole needs to re-value the importance of a family with both a male and female head.
>>
>>53402353
The type of work women do outside the house is very similar to what housewives used to do, only difference is that she no longer taking care of, teaching, etc, her own kids.

Even if a woman gets a job most of her income will go toward paying for the tasks she gave up.

>>53402548
>Nowadays, we can do all 3 in 30min.
The fuck? No way, especially if the family har more than 1 kid.
>>
>>53402129
Nothing

Except women should be in charge of finances like in Norse times because men are retarded.
>>
>>53403092
Wow, and I thought Sweden was brainswashed by feminism.
>>
File: 1450243786202.jpg (167KB, 640x541px) Image search: [Google]
1450243786202.jpg
167KB, 640x541px
>>53402905

I just mean the time it takes to throw a load of laundry in the washing machine, load the dish washer and start it, and throw something in the microwave to eat is barely 30min. Just doing that alone 70 years ago would have taken forever.
>>
>>53403141
It's not feminism you dumb Somali.
Read the Havamal, women are in charge of finance and the home. Men are in charge of farming, relations with other families and government.

If the man is gone she takes over the farm work aswell.
>>
>>53403198
Theres more to it than that. I live alone in a small apartment and there is always something to do.

>>53403236
Sounds really stupid. Surely most you dont believe in that?
>>
>>53402245
-don't have to be a full time wageslave for 50 years
-get to do what women evolved for thousands of years for - being a nurturing person
-have a bunch of spare time to commit to hobbies

fuck I wish I were a woman and could have it this easy
>>
>>53403353
No, most people are feminists here.
But the way I'm describing is how it should be, as said by Óðinn.
>>
>>53403418
>But the way I'm describing is how it should be, as said by Óðinn.
Well, thats not the way I'd want it to be in Sweden but live and let live I guess.
>>
Someone wants to marry me and make me a housewife?

You just have to work and then when you get home you will be served and revered

No kids, no sex (you can fuck whoever you want), 4 hours of housework and 12 hours of NEET lifestyle, sounds pretty good to me
>>
>>53403198
>and throw something in the microwave to eat is barely 30min
Nooo please don't do that. Unless it's leftovers and you're trying to conserve resources (as you should!) that's horrible...I'm so glad everyone in my family knows how to cook and many of my grandmothers' recipes lived on. When I saw the food we were served in school cafeteria and expected to grow and learn with i almost cried. People today don't know good food - they don't even know basic food like how to cook meatballs.
>>
File: 1449807326203.jpg (102KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1449807326203.jpg
102KB, 800x533px
>>53403353

I live in a single person studio. If you consistently clean and do laundry every week, there is no reason you can't do all your house chores in a couple hours once a week.

>>53403509
I agree that it is not ideal, but it is the quickest way to make food consumable. My mom is a huge cooking lover, so I know what kind of multiple day effort goes behind a truly delicious and well prepared meal. I am just a lazy college student and will toss a pre-made soup in the microwave for 90 seconds and scarf it down with a plastic spoon.
>>
>>53402129
There's nothing wrong with being a housewife, but it's mean to put-down women who want to do literally anything else
>>
>>53403648
>I am just a lazy college student and will toss a pre-made soup in the microwave for 90 seconds and scarf it down with a plastic spoon.
Oh anon if we lived close to each other I would cook you a meal I cry for you, how can you study and be well eating like not a full man? No no. As we say not many people know how to cook but I hope you can find a girlfriend who will satisfy you and help you. Such a sad state of affairs.
>>
>>53402353
If you have young children it makes sense to stay at home, as they do actually require supervision. Before that though and when they're older it's pretty pointless staying at home.
>>
>>53403815

Food just isn't that important to me man. I keep big bags of chicken breasts in my fridge that I grill on a George Foreman for protein after I work out, and I will sometimes go to my university's dining hall. I do agree I need to meet someone who will cook for me though. I have been talking with an Italian qt for a bit and we have a date this week so maybe I will have some spaghetti in my near future.
>>
>>53403648
>>53403648
>I live in a single person studio. If you consistently clean and do laundry every week, there is no reason you can't do all your house chores in a couple hours once a week.
I take perhaps 4-6 hours a week for me alone in a small apartment. Taking of a couple of kids and house takes alot of time, and nobody would be satisfied with getting a microwaved meal everyday.
>>
>>53402129
>Can you explain to me what is so wrong about this pic? What is so bad about being housewife?
Nothing and nothing.
The wrong thing is that in those times women doing anything other than being a housewife didn't have a good connotation. Even today an independant and strong woman scares away a lot of people that only have power to offer.
I have lots of friends that want to be housewives and explore everything they can do while in their houses and personally I don't see nothing bad about it. Maybe a bunch of more radical feminists would scold them but they're would be free to stop being housewives whenever they want and they were not forced into it.
>>
>>53402129
i wouldn't mind being a housewife when my kids are young but it makes no sense once they're old enough to attend school. like another anon said modern technology takes care of 90% of the shit housewives had to do back in the day. i would have nothing to do all day while my husband and kids are away

also i've noticed many of the men whining about not having housewives are NEETs and losers. as bitchy as it sounds i grew up in an upper middle class family and if my husband wants me to be his housewife he'd have to make enough to provide the same standard of living to me and our kids
>>
>>53404216
>many of the men whining about not having housewives are NEETs and losers
They're accustomed to have a mother-nanny relationship and they want to perpetuate it to never leave they comfort zone.
>>
>>53402129
>What is so bad about being housewife?
Complete dependence on another person for your subsistence, with little real recourse if things turn out badly. This dependence then likely results in a relationship of subservience, since you're pretty much at the mercy of someone else.

>Oh look I'm completely unemployable, and if my marriage fails completely I can...
>uh... shit.
>>
>>53402129
Nothing wrong with the pic. I want family, marriage with a good ,an and children. But I also want to finish college which I enjoy, work and maybe travel.
>>
Housewives were only a short-lived blip in human history. Most people lived in the countryside as farmers and wives (like everyone in the family) helped in the fields doing backbreaking labour. Only the small urban population had housewives. Housewives being the majority of married women probably lasted just a generation or two depending on your country's history.
>>
>>53404407
I think it was the urbanization that caused the stereotypical housewife. If you live out in the woods with plantings and food animals it wouldn't make sense for a woman (or children!) to do nothing. My aunties would learn to cook, sew and so on from my grandmother and my father would learn carpentry, to repair and maintain the home and doing manual labour. Will we ever see a return? I don't think so...
>>
>>53402129
Because you have no power.
>>
>>53404312
Thats not really how it works. People who are conservative tend agree that the woman stays at home more often and they also have happier marriages.

>>53404540
Thats not true in the West.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.