[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Americans really name their sons after themselves and add

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1408708930375.png (204KB, 406x422px) Image search: [Google]
1408708930375.png
204KB, 406x422px
So Americans really name their sons after themselves and add an "Jr." at the end?
If your name is Andrew so your son's name would be "Andrew Jr."?
>>
>>53398888
>If your name is Andrew so your son's name would be "Andrew Jr."?
Cause he knows his father.
>>
>>53398888
Not necessarily. They have to have the same middle name too.
>>
File: RebelYell.jpg (107KB, 539x512px) Image search: [Google]
RebelYell.jpg
107KB, 539x512px
>>53398888
see "Generational Titles" in below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffix_(name)
>>
>>53398888

It's not different that what we do with middle names as the fathers name

If the fathers name is Ivan the son will have the middle name Ivanovich.

Brits use numbers after the name if there is the same name for multiple generations. Like Nigel Finchley III
>>
>tfw have the same name as my dad and I get sent his bills and debt collectors are always calling me thinking I'm him
>tfw having the same first, middle, and last name as my father has caused me lots of trouble throughout my life

It's honestly really stupid and narcissistic. I've thought about changing my name but at the same time it would also be a lot of trouble.
>>
File: dat_ass_was_way_too_phat.png (334KB, 396x372px) Image search: [Google]
dat_ass_was_way_too_phat.png
334KB, 396x372px
>Canada pretending they are in any way different from us again
>>
>>53404586
it's actually just a unitedstatian thing
>>
>>53398888

I know a guy named Seabie Jr. IV

he is extremely country
>>
>>53398888
we do that in Brazil too
we also have Filho (Son) at the end of name
also Neto (Grandson) too
>>
>>53398888
The practice varies. It's supposed to be senior/junior added to the name. If the senior dies, junior drops the title. However, if junior were to have a child, that child becomes the III, junior becomes II, and senior drops title. But that's not really observed because Republicans are fucking inbred hillbilly hicks who fuck rape each other because God Almighty Himself didn't see fit to grant them with the common sense he gave a fucking animal and self-control and discipline.
>>
>>53404525
No, it wouldn't. Filing fee and lawyer. Practically rubber stamped. About $500.
>>
Whatever happened to the elder/the younger. Senior/junior is ugly Latin shit.
>>
>>53398888
AHДPЮ MЛAДШИ
>>
>>53404853
those you are given by other people not of self-choosing
>>
>>53404853
Because we're not in the Middle Ages. Also, those titles aren't really taken but given. Like Pliny the Elder, or Leto the Just, or Ivan the Terrible.
>>
>>53404618
>unitedstatian
mexican detected
>>
>>53404690
So like Pedro Filho then?
>>
>>53404980

Pedro Last-Name

Son:Pedro Last-Name Filho

Grandson:Pedro Last-Name Neto
>>
>>53404618
>unitedstatian
Faggot
>>
>>53398888
Here you're registered with names of both your father and grand father.
North West for example would be called: "North Ben Kanye Ben Ray West"
>>
My granfather, uncle and cousin have the same name and surname and don't have any suffix attached to the names
>>
>>53406221
It's an Anglo convention. Save for royalty, I'm not aware of any names repeated with 3rd, etc.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.