[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Brits drive using both feet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: 1451510031272.png (483KB, 643x735px) Image search: [Google]
1451510031272.png
483KB, 643x735px
Why do Brits drive using both feet?
>>
Because we have a clutch pedal, you know, manual cars that grown-ups drive.
>>
File: voihan perse.gif (692KB, 255x184px) Image search: [Google]
voihan perse.gif
692KB, 255x184px
>be used to driving a manual
>drive an automatic
>about to come to a stop
>by habbit stomp down the "clutch"
>>
>>53364486
So invalids with one leg cannot be equal to them

the eternal anglo bigot
>>
that's the way you YABBA-DABBA-DOO! it
>>
>>53364486
Are you telling me all cars in america are automatic
>>
>>53366131
As far as I know most of them are. Strangely they have all but replaced manual cars in America while they aren't all that popular in Europe or basically anywhere else.
>>
Automatics are for old people who forget to change gear
>>
>>53366131
Most of them are.
If you ever drive one, it's common safety practice to only use one foot and tuck the other off to the side. Otherwise, you'll be this guy.
>>53365076

Are automatics really that rare in Europe? It's a lot less room for human error.
>>
>Visiting Yankee m80s
>Going somewhere, offer to drive
>Thanks anon, but do you know how to use a stick?
>wut
>A stick shift
>You mean it's a manual car?

Must've been the only manual car in the state. Driving is an easy way to impress seppos it seems.
>>
>>53366182
I want to learn how to drive manual but I don't know a single fucking person with a manual car.
>>
>>53366583
then be the first one to get a manual car.
>>
>>53364486
>Why do Brits drive using both feet?

The real question is... Why do some Americans drive with both feet?
>mfw there are articles online of Americans claiming braking with your left foot is safer and better and quicker
And then they panic, and stomp down both feet, and there'll be another settlement for a 'hung up throttle'..
>>
>>53366620
Man I know you're right but I want to be a cheap ass and just be charming enough to borrow somebody's car
>>
>>53366447
>Are automatics really that rare in Europe?
Yes. My grandma has an automatic.. And people that are in wheelchairs.
>It's a lot less room for human error.
What error desu? Isn't it mostly a comfort thing? I can sort of see the appeal when you're a bus driver or a UPS guy or something, and start and stop all day long.. Or if you spend hours on end in traffic jams. But when you're actually driving, a manual isn't really an effort.
>>
File: Tesla-Model-S-P85D.jpg (204KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla-Model-S-P85D.jpg
204KB, 1000x600px
>he still drives his own car
get with the fucking times you old fucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKrvGvUFxro
>>
>>53366793

>Loaning out your car to someone for the sole purpose of having them learn to drive shift
Good luck with that.. You might find someone willing to actually teach you, but nobody in their right mind will just give you the keys and be like 'enjoy your practise!'.

It's not hard though.. I find it baffling that they don't just teach you when your get your license, but I suppose manuals are so rare in the US these days that you can wonder about the added value..
>>
>>53366800
>What error desu?
Apparently americans have a habit of changing to reverse while driving on the highway do to "human error" and destroying their gearboxes in the process.
>>
>>53366800
Not him but a lot of people deal with the traffic jam thing. I live in California ( Los Angeles ) and it gets absurd and will make you borderline suicidal.

Plus its easier to eat while driving with an auto. How do you think we keep our shapely figures? McDonalds during the commute!
>>
>>53366800
>I can sort of see the appeal when you're a bus driver or a UPS guy or something, and start and stop all day long.. Or if you spend hours on end in traffic jams.
Right, more convenient for urban existence.
Not as much a "comfort" thing as it is something real simple that I've apparently taken for granted.

Fucking Europeans and their fascination with handling knobs.
>>
>>53366938
I guess you havent met the Dutch traffic police yet. With 230 euro fines for calling, up to 700 euro fines for driving to close to each other, 370 euro fine for parking on a handicapped spot etc.
>>
>>53366938
>the traffic excuse
Traffic is annoying, period. The type of transmission you have is inconsequential
>>
>>53366876

>my passenger is filming for me

No. No they're not... You're filming yourself, and you're ignoring the Tesla safety instructios that say that you have to keep your hands on the wheel when using that automonomous drive function..

It won't be long before some imbecile gets in a freak accident with the auto-drive on, without hands on the wheel..

>>53366904
>changing to reverse while driving on the highway do to "human error"

Were you in the thread a few weeks ago too where some guy brought that up?

How do you even get it to work like that? Modern cars (and by modern I mean post-1970s) tend to not allow you to put the transmission in 1st or R while moving. Maybe it's possible, but then you'd have to ram the stick in the slot rather violently, and would have to ignore the intense grinding (for R) or stuttering and rev increase (for 1st) while letting go of the clutch.

>>53366938
>Not him but a lot of people deal with the traffic jam thing
>I live in LA
So you're stuck in traffic without even leaving LA? That must really suck.. Most of our jams are city-to-city traffic. Amsterdam-The Hague, that sort of thing.. If you have to travel within the city there's usually trams, trains, buses and bicycle options that are (almost) congestion free..

>Plus its easier to eat while driving with an auto. How do you think we keep our shapely figures? McDonalds during the commute!

I sort of forgot about that for a second..
>be visiting my gfs family
>her uncle is driving, aunt is in the passenger seat
>aunt is looking at pics on FB
>shoving them in uncles face, while on the freeway
>'Look at how cute xy&z look here, John!'
>'So adorable! Remember this? *pointing*

Completely normal.. And then the amount of people texting, eating and on the phone. Absurd to see, for someone from a country where they fine you €230,- ($251,-) for holding a telephone in your hand while driving a motor vehicle...
>>
>>53367138
>370 euro fine for parking on a handicapped spot etc.
Goddamn, handicapped spots are the most retarded thing ever.
>Giant mall the size of a large neighborhood.
>It has handicap spots as it is required to.
>I can go walking around the big ass mall all day, but I apparently can't make it through the parking lot.

It's shit for small businesses too. Those handicap spots will go virtually unused 99% of the time.
>>
>>53367260
You're a cunt
>>
>>53367260
senpai handi spots are really fucking important tho.
Some ppl might actually need them desu.
And i fucking hate the pricks that park in those spots desu cuz it was "free"
>>
>>53367260
I often drive to the local train station and the handicapped spots there are always empty as well.
>>
>>53367192
>Traffic is annoying, period. The type of transmission you have is inconsequential

I agree with this, but I can imagine that someone who has to stop constantly and never gets above 3rd gear anyway prefers an automatic.. City buses in my area all have automatic gearboxes.

>>53366978
>Not as much a "comfort" thing as it is something real simple that I've apparently taken for granted.

Are you implying switching gears manually is not simple?
>>
>>53367342
>>53367304
if you need those handicap spots you have no place in society
>>
File: 1442163756844.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1442163756844.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>53367416
wow that edge
>>
>>53367260
>Goddamn, handicapped spots are the most retarded thing ever.

Bear in mind we don't actually have the space you have in this country.. There is a real chance of getting to a supermarket here and not finding any place to park, let alone close to the entrance. I don't mind that they always have 2 or 3 handicapped spots.

>>I can go walking around the big ass mall all day, but I apparently can't make it through the parking lot.

Don't they have those scooters for that in the US? :DDD VVVROOOOOOMMMMM
>>
>>53367304
>>53367342
Again, if I can't make it through the fucking parking lot, how the hell am I suppose to go trouncing up and down the aisles a wally world? You're calling something that functionally does nothing aside from waste an ungodly amount of parking space "really fucking important."
>>
>>53367465
are you going to blame the ~10 handi spots but not the guy that designed a shitty parking lot
>>
>>53367465
>Again, if I can't make it through the fucking parking lot,
Nobody says you can't.. It's just that if you have to cover that distance by wheelchair or with crutches, it's nice to be able to park close to the entrance.
>how the hell am I suppose to go trouncing up and down the aisles a wally world?
You need to do shopping m8, whether you can walk properly or not. If you need to go up and down the aisles to get your food regardless of your handicap, wouldn't it be extra-shitty if you had to cover the entire parking lot first?
>You're calling something that functionally does nothing aside from waste an ungodly amount of parking space "really fucking important."

Mostly just social, and convenient to people with disabilities.. I don't see why you'd get all anal about that, especially in a country that consists 56% of parking space anyway.
>>
>>53367550
What does the design of the parking lot have to do with the fact that spaces within the parking lot that are close to the building are reserved for handicapped people?
This is literally the silliest thing I've read all week.
>>
>>53367635
read this
>>53367416
we shouldn't be helping anyone with disabilities
>>
>>53367683
woops i misread it.
Sr senpai.
But the Colgate lad is right tho
>>
>>53367684

Here's your (you)
>>
>>53366447
>Most of them are.

That's so bizarre. My mates call me a faggot for driving an auto and I'm literally the only bloke I know who drives one.
>>
>>53368354
where the fuck do you live?
nearly everyone i know drives autos
manuals are fucking useless
>>
>>53366447
>It's a lot less room for human error.
If you can't even operate your pedals safely you don't deserve a license. You see, in Europe driver's licenses don't just come out of vending machines, and panicking soccer moms stomping on the wrong pedals aren't a daily occurance unlike in the US.
>>
>>53368419

What big advantage does a manual have over stick?
>>
>>53368454
But Stijn, stick shift is another word for manual.
>>
>>53368454
manual is the same as stick
if you meant auto?
auto is the same except you don't have to fucking change shit yourself
makes city driving 100x more enjoyable
>>
>>53367465
So you're advocating to make things even harder for handicapped people just because they manage to do something? Why can't YOU walk thirty feet further with your healthy legs, you lazy piece of shit?
>>
>>53368454
>>53368503
>>53368506

*auto

I meant the advantage of auto over stick, obviously.

>>53368506

>don't have to fucking change shit yourself

That's hardly an effort though to be honest.
>makes city driving 100x more enjoyable
City driving isn't that enjoyable anyway.
>>
>>53368604
Morons can use it, that's about it. Yes, auto transmissions will last two or three times as long as manuals, but they'll also be two or three times as expensive to fix once they break, and an auto repair job is much more complicated than a manual clutch replacement.
>>
>>53368604
its a fair bit of effort when you are in traffic
>>53368666
who cares?
second hand cars are cheap as fuck
i just buy another second hand car every couple of years
>>
>>53368724
Good for you, but eventually cars must be repaired or they all end up on the junkyard.
>>
>>53367684
>we shouldn't be helping anyone with disabilities

How far are you willing to take this?

Maybe, if you fall down and break your leg, we should let you die on the spot.
How reasonable is that?
>>
>>53367260
Your a idiot. But...

>Break my leg
>On crutches for a month or 2
>Can't park in a disabled space
>Have to limp 500 m to work and back erryday from my shitty parks
>"""Disabled people""" with a disability that doesn't restrict their walking ability in the slightest get the ideal parks

Fuck that shit.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.