[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats your honest opinion of the CSA? what was your country's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (7KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 290x174px
whats your honest opinion of the CSA? what was your country's relationship with it during the US Civil War?
I know the Great Britain rather supported it but remained neutral.
the Russian Empire actually flew a ship past California as a sign of the Czar's support for the United State's efforts.
>>
I wish it won the war
>>
Neutral. The opinion was divided but more pro-CSA
>>
>>53324278
i understand that France had good relations with the united states, but i wonder how much this would extend to inter-American civil war. i could see where this would cause problems when an enlightenment country is fighting itself.
>>
File: confederate-officers.jpg (124KB, 865x424px) Image search: [Google]
confederate-officers.jpg
124KB, 865x424px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agnz56OuG_E
>>
>>53324278
actually, the king of france was expecting the CSA to win, and nearly intervened to help it

the hope was that the USA would be weakened and no longer able to enforce the monroe doctrine, allowing a new wave of european imperialism in south and central america

t. historyfag
>>
I kind of wish it had one just so the rest of the country didn't have to be associated with it desu
>>
>>53326032
*wish it had WON, not one. I'm retarded
>>
The Union saved the South from becoming a tinpot blend of South America and Rhodesia 2bh.
>>
>>53326860
desu secession or unification, the Liberia program needed to be done. either event could have happened and it would have fared well then.

>>53326032
well you fucks wouldn't let it happen, so now you live with it
>>
>>53327585
I prefer the Radical Reconstruction solution, 2bh.

The ex-slaves were a distinctly American ethnic group who had little connection to Africa.
>>
>>53323822
Southern civilization at its inception was inherently different than that of the north

While Puritan society was founded on democratic principles that held strongly the value and importance of education (New England has the highest literacy rate in the world in the 1700s), southern society was created as a hierarchical society that is dependent on higher and lower castes. When their power was being eroded, the nobles of England traveled to the southern America to create a new society where they would have absolute dominance and control over everyone and everything, where the lower castes (at first poor whites, then blacks) would be subservient to them.

The south is a different nation than the north. The south has different values. The south is also objectively inferior. It's no secret, just look at the gdp per capita, hdi values, etc. of all southern states. They're the lowest in the country.

tl;dr: the south is, and has always been, shit
>>
>tfw ancestors who fought for the Confederacy in Vicksburg
>tfw disagree with the Confederacy
>>
>>53330722
It is like knowing your grandparents were in the Wehrmacht
>>
>>53330957
But Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1445797398778.png (164KB, 409x325px) Image search: [Google]
1445797398778.png
164KB, 409x325px
We should have slaughtered every last one of those traitorous scum
>>
>>
>>53327673
on second thought i agree. African-Americans were doing rather well for themselves before programs that made poverty and broken families comfortable for them.
>>
>>53323822
Traitor scum

t. florida
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.