[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is income inequality so high in Huehueland?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Gini_since_WWII.svg.png (295KB, 1900x1376px) Image search: [Google]
Gini_since_WWII.svg.png
295KB, 1900x1376px
Why is income inequality so high in Huehueland?
>>
There's a significant amount of variance among different species of monkeys. The chimps in South Brazil are significantly more wealthy than the macaques in North Brazil for this reason
>>
Because once so much of the economic power is in the hands of an elite there's no way out anymore.
>>
File: dharavi-roof4.jpg (69KB, 530x351px) Image search: [Google]
dharavi-roof4.jpg
69KB, 530x351px
>>53262691
how can it be more than this?
and we are in GINI 30s!
>>
>>53262734
Its a bullshit statistic. It gives more weight to the number of haves than the difference in what they have compared to the lower classes. Since the US is a 10-90 society, we rank higher than 30-70 india, even though the wealth gap is more gradual whereas India has two very diatinct economic classes.
>>
>>53262691

t. Dilma

it's all the elite's fault!!!
>>
>>53262868
>India has two very diatinct economic classes.
>he thinks india doesn't have a middle class.
>>
>>53262890
go away shill

>>53262734
that's pretty much like São Paulo. Only kind of bigger, holy shit.
>>
>>53262922

>your commie gov is tanking your country
>I'm the shill

languish in your shit bed my friend
>>
>>53262922
well, that's mumbai and has world's largest slum.
also india has more poor, i guess that's the reason.
>>
File: 03D0304-0126.jpg (620KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
03D0304-0126.jpg
620KB, 1000x667px
>>53262734
>>
File: macri.jpg (134KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
macri.jpg
134KB, 600x400px
>>53262935
I have a laugh with you around, really.
>>
>>53262653
>>53262734
>>53262894
P O O . I N . L O O
O
O

I
N

L
O
O
>>
File: 1437549765602.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1437549765602.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
i like threads about brazil
dont stop making them thanks
>>
>>53262691
There is a reason for this. Acemoglu and Robinson describes how conquitadors married the princesses of the tribes, becoming a new ruling class. Ethnically separated from the population and capable of calling in support from abroad they could built a system that extracted wealth from the natives.
>>
>>53263036

>the only wealth is that which existed in the 16th century

That is such a boneheaded excuse

economies and states have been through so much since then, wealth isn't that stagnant and absolute.
>>
>>53263036
It's a good start to look at what happened back in the 16th century but Spanish america is not Portuguese america. Only the very first endeavors were based on intermarriage because there were relatively few natives here. They were pretty damn succesful though. But then there's slavery, the plantations, cattle drivers, the Bandeiras and a whole lot fucking more.

There's literature in brazilian history that is pretty handy to understand today's problems, but it's in portuguese and I'm not sure if there's translations (because fucking seriously why would you people even care) but in case you're interested it's Gilberto Freyre. Hes got some bullshit in there (racial democracy lel) but it's pretty useful.
>>
>>53263087
You fucking idiot. I was talking about the structures of wealth extraction.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.