[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn a language, but I need help/ideas to know which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: languages.jpg (839KB, 2341x820px) Image search: [Google]
languages.jpg
839KB, 2341x820px
I want to learn a language, but I need help/ideas to know which one I want to learn. I've tried learning Faroese but have come to the conclusion that it wasn't useful enough anywhere. I tried learning Georgian but the same thing happened, no immersion.

I would like to learn a language that has difficult sounds to mimic, upwards of 10 million speakers.
Languages that I don't want to learn: French, Thai, Japanese, Chinese(any form), Spanish, and German
>>
Learn Portuguese
>>
>>53256330
>I would like to learn a language that has difficult sounds to mimic,

Say sjuksköterska.
>>
>>53259017
>sjuksköterska
http://vocaroo.com/i/s18Ej0l7gVpz
>>
File: unitled.png (102KB, 258x218px) Image search: [Google]
unitled.png
102KB, 258x218px
>>53256330

This post.
>>
>>53260287
Leave Frankie out of this
>>
>>53260287
Frankie doesn't deserve this
>>
>>53256330
Try Kazakh. You can easily find speakers of it online as well.
>>
>>53256330
Didn't read past first comma. You should learn Finnish. But never ever come here.
>>
>>53261384
Why never go there? I'm a California native anyways, the lowest temperature I have been in is 30F
>>
>>53261575
Just in case you decide to stay. We have hundreds of thousands of unemployed here, so in the best case you'd end up taking a job that a Finn could have had and in worst you'll live on welfare like a parasite. Not to mention all this multiculturalism madness. Basically any foreigner is a threat to Finnish economy, culture and gene pool.

And the temperature here is -12 freedum units at the moment.
>>
>only wanting to learn obscure languages
why?
>>
>>53260261
are you swedish?
>>
>>53261808
Nope, one parent is from Poland and the other is from America
>>53261769
Because the other a shit
>>
>>53261836
How did you know how to pronounce it?
>>
>>53261836
what's the point in learning such niche languages?

>>53261854
forvo.com maybe
>>
>>53261854
Put it in google translate then hit the speaker button to hear it. Gave it my best shot
>>
>>53261874
No idea, haven't thought of that. I guess I just want to be a bit unique in my own retarded way...?
>>
>>53261933
Did you have a lot of trouble finding resources for Georgian and Faroese?
>>
>>53262053
Yes, being as you should know, Faroese isn't a commonly spoken language, nor is Georgian(at all)
The thing that I did find for Georgian wasn't that good to use, it was a huge .pdf file with no audio included
>>
Esperanto
:}
>>
>>53262132
Whoops don't know why I put 'being as you should know'
>>
>>53262132
I could imagine. I'm learning Danish at the moment and luckily everyone here speaks English so resources are a lot more prevalent even though the amount of speakers it has are pretty unimpressive.
>>
>>53262315
Are you an exchange student in Denmark then?
I have a Norwegian friend and I know a bit of vocab for that, but it wasn't for me
>>
>>53262373
Just an American staying here for as long as I'm allowed without a visa. I plan to move here though, very wonderful country. At least there are lots of cognates in Danish to make it a little easier but the pronunciation is fucking insanely difficult.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.