[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I might just fucked up. Long story short, Im a uni student

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1452210436671.jpg (102KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
1452210436671.jpg
102KB, 638x479px
I think I might just fucked up.

Long story short, Im a uni student at spain and just today I asked for an erasmus (some kind of shitty program where you get sum money from the government in order to study abroard). Thought it may be fun to go for 5 months and see my ass get frozen in Finland
Only thing is i dont know if im going to be able to face the pressure of being alone there. I mena I have never been specially social around here but you know, I have some people here to help out.

Experiences? Advise? Im somewhat scared
>>
Don't talk to them or they will stab you
>>
>>53251382
Ugh, for fucks sake, Im trying to get sum seriouseness here
>>
>>53251457
seriously though Finland's crime rate is significantly higher than in Norway or Sweden, the stab thing is a bit of a meme but it's also partially true, specifically if you start going in bars at night you could get stabbed by angry drunk finns.

Just avoid going out at night and you'll be perfectly safe though.
>>
Don't talk to them or they will stab you
>>
>>53251551
So you're telling me there's nightlife?
<3
>>
find others doing the programme or other international students and go from there
>>
>>53251599
even North Korea has nightlife

But it's not going to be the kind of nightlife you're used to in Spain

And as I said, some bars can be quite dangerous. Again, Finland has a much higher homocide rate than any other Nordic country.
>>
>>53251457
te van a comer vivo jorge
jaja

salu2
>>
>>53251623
Explain further
>>
>>53251656
Thats the thing, i dont like nightlife here at madrid, always hated the siesta-fiesta experience. Im looking for somethong quieter and the danger plus is a HUGE turn on. Explain further
>>
Watch tips for Spanish people:
http://www.aamulehti.fi/video/1194986988462/eric+suomessa+miksi+suomalaiset+juovat+kaikkea+sekaisin+.html
>>
>>53251656
>homocide
you're thinking about sweden
>>
>>53251660
Jaja para k quiero saber yo eso jaja saludos

Shits retarded
>>
>on 4chan
>cant face the pressure of being alone

???
>>
>>53251307
former erasmus student here

you'll mostly hang around with other erasmus students, so even if the local people there are shit, you'll still have your erasmus buddies.
>>
>>53251747
>homocide
My keks
>>53251790
Not everyone who comes round here are kisseless virging weeabos, you know? Some others have pretty regular lives
>>53251791
But what if I'm targeting for the locals?
>>
My friend was in Germany with Erasmus. He mostly hanged out with other foreign students(Greeks, Americans, Mexicans) and not so much with the locals.
>>
>>53251692

well at my uni the international students found it easy to make friends with each other I guess because they're both abroad and going through similar experiences etc. and if you have a couple of friends it's easier to meet others
>>
>>53251879
>But what if I'm targeting for the locals?

what the fuck are you trying to say bruh? all I'm saying is if you can't make friends with the locals you'll still have tons of people who are in the same boat as you.

In all honesty, you should have just picked Italy or Czech Republic and spend time in two of Europe's most butifell countries
>>
Take in consideration that even with Erasmus you need to pay for your expenses by yourself. And that's expensive in Finland, also finding cheap flat can be tough. Especially alcohol which is why we go to Estonia buy cheap booze to skip our taxing. But if you have savings then you'll manage.
>>
As far as I get it

Meet other exhange students first as for its easier to get to them because of similar circunstances

Then go for locals

Then cry like a whore when Im facing shithole motherland again

Am I right?
>>
>>53252100
I guess you're right. Partly at least. I dont like Italy, its quite overrated and people over there tend to be nasty.
>>
>>53252113
I kno
How much for a bottle of whiskey?
>>
You won't get stabbed unless you're asking for it.
t. I haven't been stabbed once in almost 26 years

You will get bored tho if you're not used to society not entertaining you.
>>
>>53252308
Two fucks is the ammount I give about society. What would be pleasant ir sum bros to spend a good time with :'(
>>
>>53252285
http://www.alko.fi/haku/tuotteet/?tags=(6996)(2868)

Also you won't get stabbed by random people. There's high homicide rate because people tend to get in fights by themselves.
>>
you'll be fine, my uni have assigned buddies to Erasmus plebs
>>
File: 1451771990571.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1451771990571.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
>>53251747
hehehehohoho !
>>
File: 1423843810032.png (352KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1423843810032.png
352KB, 640x480px
>>53251307
I did an Erasmus semester in Finland. From what I've experienced, the international student communities at Finnish universities are very well organized, they do lots of events and such, so you'll have no trouble meeting people.
>>
>>53251656
Note, you cannot get shot or something here for nothing (like in US, Russia, etc) you have to be involved in some shit intentionally. I.E Random targeting is non-existant.
>>
>>53251307
just b urself
>>
>>53251307
Just hope you get to Helsinki. Otherwise sudoku.
>>
>>53253988
Jyväskylä and Turku are better for students
Helsinki sucks
>>
>>53251307

As long as your uni is in Helsinki/Espoo (Aalto), Tampere or Turku you're fine. Even Jyväskylä is alright. Avoid Oulu at all cost. Helsinki and Tampere citizen are very outgoing.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.