[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was Afghanistan like before 1979?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (79KB, 1030x727px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
79KB, 1030x727px
What was Afghanistan like before 1979?
>>
The Switzerland of Asia.
>>
>>53244426
hahaha
>>
>>53244471

Happy you liked my post.
>>
>>53244523
It was enjoyable
>>
>>53244596
hahaha
>>
>>53244426
I really, really, really like this post.
>>
File: 4chan8 - Sweating Soviet.png (144KB, 428x397px) Image search: [Google]
4chan8 - Sweating Soviet.png
144KB, 428x397px
>>53244596

I try to keep my posts consistently high quality.
>>
>>53244629
>>53244678
good posts
>>
I would say it was modernizing in their main cities (Kabul, Herat, Mazar E Sharif) while the country side was relatively undisturbed.
>>
>>53244354
Afghanistan was great, and ke went into the new level of reforms with Tariki and communists taking over, but you idiots started backing islamists which caused long devastating war and turned Afghanistan in hell, and than we got Al-Quaieda, ISIS and the other islamists all over the world, which caused the permanent disturbance of Middle East (along with your support of Israel) which caused death of millions of people and the stream of people getting the fuck out of MENA to all the countries around the world. You have also turned Russia and the other CIS countries in shitholes in 90's so we are going to be the next big warzone, that is what i really afraid of.
>>
Probably like the other stan countries.
>>
>>53244354
it was pedostan

bacha bazi every day
>>
>>53245378

Yes, sure, the massacre of more than a million civilians and the placement of ten million Soviet landmines was totally the fault of the Americans and not the innocent Soviets.

Let's face it - there's a good reason why nobody liked the Soviets except Soviet puppets.
>>
File: 12344.jpg (81KB, 636x382px) Image search: [Google]
12344.jpg
81KB, 636x382px
Beautiful place
>>
>>53245378
Maybe Soviets shouldn't have went there in the first place.

Osama bin Laden was super rich and mostly backed himself.
>>
Still a tribal shithole outside Kabul
>>
>>53245713
Amin made a coup backed by West, he had killed Tariki, we had no choice. We had to help Afghan people.
>Osama bin Laden was super rich and mostly backed himself.
His fighters were prepared by Americans in Pakistan, as well as Taliban ones.
>>53245589
>massacre of more than a million civilians
Made mostly by the american backed islamists.
>>
>>53246595
Taraki and Amin were both shit. Soviets abandoned Najib who was an actual leader.
>>
>>53244354
Basically, full of Arabs, just like today. Has been since the 10th century AD at the latest.
>>
File: 1449356466389.jpg (596KB, 2151x1606px) Image search: [Google]
1449356466389.jpg
596KB, 2151x1606px
>>53245713
>america did nothing
>soviets were evil
Yeah Finland, what ever you say.
>>
>>53247545
Arabs didn't settle in Afghanistan nor conquer it.

They converted to Islam through the Persians.
>>
>>53247677
I'm not saying US was innocent but Soviet did start the fire in this case. However they have admitted ages ago that the way they went and left there was a big mistake.
>>
>>53247734
Arabs settled in every single land that has ever converted to Islam. The reason why Afghans, being Indo-European highlanders largely who are largely unmixed with Dardics, are predominately dark-haired is because they mixed with Arabs. There are still tribes of Persian-speaking Arabs throughout Iran and Afghanistan. I don't know why people think this is a meme, but if you are a Muslim absolutely anywhere in the world, you almost certainly have Arabs somewhere in your family tree.
>>
>>53248050
>By 667, the Afghan area was under invasion by the Arabs but in 683 Kabul and other parts of Afghanistan fought with resistance and completely routed the invading army which was led by the Governor of Seistan. The near-complete conversion of Afghans to Islam was during the period of the Ghaznavids in the 10th
>>
>>53248144
>Most of the early Arabs gradually lost their Arabic hegemony and ultimately mixed with the local population, though they are still considered a cognizably distinct ethnic group according to the Constitution of Afghanistan and the Afghan National Anthem. Afghans who carry Sayed or Quraishi in their names usually claim Arab ancestry.
>Arab contingents settled throughout various parts of present day Afghanistan including the Wardak, Logar, Kabul, Balkh and in the Sulaiman Mountains. Over time they adopted local customs and languages, some became Persianized while others became Afghanized who followed Pashtunwali.
>Although some tribal names, including Qureshi and Shaiboni are still remembered,[10] most of the Arabs view genealogies as unimportant

Being descended from the Quraysh is the Islamic equivalent of being aristocracy anyway, and there is also a popular custom in Islam where each person hailing from Mecca (a so-called Makawyah) is considered to be holy and worshipped accordingly. Even in Bosnia and Checnya will you find people descended from Arab mullahs and the like.
>>
>>53248497

One of my mates is an Afghan with the last name "Alhashemi". Is he descendent from Arabs too? I asked him and he said he didn't know.
>>
>>53248497
It's stupid to say that. Arabs look different if you are familiar with the people.
>>
>>53244354
A little bit less shitty.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.