[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How large do you estimate the influx of indigenous (native American)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: Geo-map-South-America.png (66KB, 574x737px) Image search: [Google]
Geo-map-South-America.png
66KB, 574x737px
How large do you estimate the influx of indigenous (native American) populations over any other?
Judging by appearance it must be huge.
>>
File: unnamed.png (31KB, 357x412px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
31KB, 357x412px
>>53218747

All I know is Spanish America is full of them. Spanish Genocide my ass
>>
>>53218747
95% of latinos have amerindian blood. I don't know where the genocide meme comes from because we literally dindu nuffins.
>>
>>53219132
Ethnically ''pure'' ones?
I also ask about the influx into the common population, maybe even of foods and customs.
>>
>>53219165
Wow, way to make this about you.
I think we can discuss that later.
>>
>>53219174
I think it's mostly the ones that speak indigenous languages that aren't mixed at all. Most of the indigenous language speakers are in Peru and Bolivia, with Quechua being the big language there. Central America (including southern Mexico) also has a lot, specifically Maya.
>>
>>53219241
Interesting, thanks.
>>
>>53219174

I don't know sources from Spanish America.
>>
>>53219174

I've heard in Spanish America, if you look
Like a Native America but speak Spanish, you are now a mestizo.
>>
>>53219263
Yeah. If you're interested in native American history, is recommend "1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus". It gives a good general overview of what most of the Americas was like before European contact, but mostly only the period right before European contact because it has to rely a lot on European accounts.
>>
>>53219263
>>53219216
See>>53219305

The BR is right. Mestizo and Indigenous changed from racial terms to cultural terms
>>
>>53219305
I think most of them look either native American or heavily native American. Almost no one looks even kind of Spanish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AbtbgU9MlM
>>
>>53219350
Well, I want to get a feeling for the amount of cultural influence of the native American spirit into current day Mexico and South America.
I think I can even detect traces in US culture, there at least must be overlaps, shaped by the natural environmental conditions alone already.
>>
How mixed are the Inuit? Specifically Greenland and Alaska natives. I just played "Never Alone" and the people in the cultural insights videos were very light skinned, one guy could easily pass as white. If the Alaska natives are mostly mixed, is it with Russians or American whites? I know a lot of Alaska natives are Russian Orthodox because that's who converted them to Christianity.
>>
>>53219446
>>
File: 1447356314396.png (337KB, 1205x1497px) Image search: [Google]
1447356314396.png
337KB, 1205x1497px
>>
>>53219516
You know you need a degree in order to be able evaluate those and it won't serve a purpose in the way you think. Like detcting genetic relation by overlaying them and see how much they match.
Lets just not share those confusing people.
>>
File: az101pimaart.jpg (23KB, 514x248px) Image search: [Google]
az101pimaart.jpg
23KB, 514x248px
>>53219434
I live in Arizona. I think the most native culture we have is in the form of like public art and stuff that's inspired by indigenous styles. Pic related is from a road near my house. Being that this is the southwest, I think most of the native food is similar to Mexican food given that they had the same staple foods available to them (the "three sisters" squash, maize (corn), and beans). I haven't actually met many natives, but I think I will soon because I'm transferring colleges to one that actually has a sizeable minority of natives.
>>
>>53219516
I think that is for unmixed people. Geneticists seek out isolated villages that haven't had much migration historically in order to pinpoint these markers.
>>
>>53219605
Most natives are mixed. Some have a lot of European or African blood. Some have a little. But pure natives are a minority.
>>
>>53219675
Yeah and you'll be hard-pressed to find a pure native cause most of them are mixed.

Disease killed millions of them and Europeans introduced a bunch of Europeans, Africans, and created mixed race people

There was bound to be gene flow from foreigners into the indigenous populations.
>>
>>53219786
You know they can get DNA from the remains of older corpses, right? Worst case scenario they can't find any pure natives, they could just use DNA from some of the ones that died before the mixing started.
>>
>>53219786

In Spanish America is not hard to find Native American looking people in vast majority of these countries. Espevially in Central America and Andes
>>
>>53219710
Ah ok, we can say that Native Americans have the highest influx into current day Southern American and Mexican populations.

>>53219786
Creepy how you obsessed with ''purity'' that much.

>>53219675
It's also super complex.
You cant even know which markers are more likely to survive when people mix. A marker (those tiny spelling mistakes amounting for nothing most of the time) could completely vanish even if having been present in high amounts priorily, leaving a completely distorted image.
>>
>>53219907

It's because in Spanish America they have a caste system.

In Brazil and probably America, the lesser you are black, better you are.

In Spanish America, less Native American blood, better you are.
>>
>>53219831
Sure but >>53219446 asked about modern day people and the reality is that modern day people are mixed.

>>53219888
Yes but it's silly to think there wasn't gene flow to those people.

>>53219907
I'm not obsessed about purity. And yes, natives would have the highest influx in places that were historically urban centers - Mesoamerica and the Andes.
>>
>>53219174
>Ethnically ''pure'' ones?
those are very few. they're even considered endangered because of how low their population is

>I also ask about the influx into the common population, maybe even of foods and customs
your answer is:

IT VARIES

which is what makes every region in Spanish America different
spanish culture may be the same (or not really, with basques, catalans, andalus and whatnot), but the tribes that had an impact in local culture are different. which is why, for example, Bolivia has 36 official national languages
>>
File: 04cityroom-mexicans-superJumbo.jpg (421KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
04cityroom-mexicans-superJumbo.jpg
421KB, 2048x1365px
No one can tell me these people aren't full blown Mayan, Cherokee, Tomahawk... maybe tiny amount of Euro influx.
>>
File: Arrrrrriba.jpg (194KB, 513x339px) Image search: [Google]
Arrrrrriba.jpg
194KB, 513x339px
>>53219165
Here's what happened:
They got pushed back that far they went innawoods. And then back and forth... depending on the situation, some mixing others being kept as slaves ever since fighting their way up, others living in own isolated areas getting out gradually.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Y2tqICzXU
>>
File: 303004.jpg (23KB, 390x313px) Image search: [Google]
303004.jpg
23KB, 390x313px
>>53220266
They a have a tiny amont of European blood 2bh.
>>
File: 1429089183492.png (229KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1429089183492.png
229KB, 1000x1000px
>>53218747
It is huge actually, specially in PerĂº/Bolivia/Ecuador and Central America.
>>
>>53218747
The countries in South America had a white upper class and a marginalized indiginous population. Sure, the Spanish killed lots of them, but the US is unique in the sense that it is based solely on the extermination of the previous inhabitants
>>
>>53221640
gotta take in account something else: there was diversity in native american tribes
what spaniards did was make an union with ONE of all those tribes and defeat the rest
and while, thanks to catholic intervention, they really tried to assimilate native americans, there were many rebellions that ended in exterminating the whole town
>>
We are rising.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.