[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hindi/sanskrit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: kali-2.jpg (132KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kali-2.jpg
132KB, 819x1024px
Is there anyone on this board that can correctly translate the 4 eras, or yugas, for me from English into hindi/sanskrit?

•Satya Yuga
•Treta Yuga
•Dvapara Yuga
•Kali Yuga
>>
1. POO
2. IN
3. THE
4. LOO
>>
>>53217920
Fuck off /pol/. I'll meet you back there in a minute
>>
>>53217919
>A fucking exclamation mark
>>
>>53217905
सत्य युग (Satya Yuga)
त्रेता युग (Treta Yuga)
द्वापर युग (Dvapara Yuga)
कल युग (pronounced as Kal Yug)
>>
>>53218078
>pronounced as Kal Yug
Why? We always pronounce it like Kali cos kal means feces in Russian.
>>
File: kalyug1.jpg (23KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
kalyug1.jpg
23KB, 443x332px
>>53218156
Yeah I'm not to sure about the last one too. Although the correct pronunciation should be Kali (काली) Yuga, I heard many shlokas, poems, TV series and films (see pic) refer to it as Kal Yug.
>>
>>53218078
Thank you India bro
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>53218391
NP m8. I'm not 100%sure about the last one though. You must understand that their are two Kali's and people misunderstand the meaning of the two.
Kali the black goddess: https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali
Kali the demon with whom kali yuga is associated with: https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_(demon)
>>
>>53218474
Do they have the same spelling though? I'd naturally prefer the demon one not the black goddess one
>>
>>53218474
the goddess is Kaali and the demon's Kali.
in hindi its
goddess = काली
demon = कलि
>>
>>53218782
*devnagri
not hindi, meant to say the script(devnagri) which is the same for Hindi and Sanskrit both.
>>
>>53218156
proper pronunciation is infact Kali-yug in sanskrit
but lisps and flow of speech over the years has made Kalyug in north India hence Hindi's bastardized "Kal-yug" its supposed to be pronounced like the english word "Cull" with the bastardised hindi version.
>>
>>53218078
>>53218782

Why do these two 'Kali' differ from eachother?
>>
>>53218960
Kali means future a bleak one if you draw from the character/creature/phenomenon's backstory.

Kaali is black, she's just the rampage mode version of Durgaa.
>>
The reason I ask for these to be correct forms of the yugas is because I am getting them tattooed around my wrist soon with the om on my palm.
>>
>>53219013
I specifically mean the first person posted this: कल

And the second one posted this: कलि
>>
>>53219109
see>>53218913
>>
>>53219138
Ahhh, so the first one just translated Kal not Kali?
>>
>>53218560
>>53218156
While pronouncing Kali the goddess, there should be stress on the 'a'.
In case of Kali the demon, the 'a' plays a much more silent part.
I've been trying to vocaroo it for the last 10 minutes but it won't upload for some reason.
Also what this guy said >>53218782
>>
>>53219109
to expand on that, Kal(कल) is a hindi word and doesn't exist in sanskrit.

We use it to refer to tommorrow not specifically a long duration like literally tomorrow as in the next day.
this is if we don't use another part of the sentence which implies a philosophical or foreseeing pattern of speech in the rest of the sentence.
like "Jaane kal kya hoga"
don't know what future will hold.

while "Kal aana yaar"

is merely :Come tommorow friend
>>53219158
yeah

hold on i'll vocaroo
>>
>>53219210
Awesome thank you so much. And the first guy who posted the translations did a correct job with the other three yugas, im assuming? I am eternally grateful for all of the help I am receiving here.
>>
>>53219277
India isn't as bad as they say, right?
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0UdFP67rfn8
>>
>>53219365
You are the best. Thank you so much
>>
>>53219354
In some states it is worse than you can imagine(like bihar) but its almost first world in others(like Gujrat)
>>
>>53219290
>And the first guy who posted the translations did a correct job with the other three yugas, im assuming
I'm correct as far as I know.

>>53219365
Check the first three and tell me whether they are right bhai >>53218078
>>
>>53219554
yaar ye anglo saxon hai, -a suffix karega baki theek hai par isne bhi vohi angrezo ka tradition follow karna hai, aur sachme inhe syllable to syllable sikha mushkil hai just by writing.
phir bhi i'll vocaroo the rest too.
>>
>>53219410
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1B5UowTBtqS
>>
I wish I was fluent in Sanskrit and Latin. I would be boss
>>
>>53220134
and i wish i was able to read and understand Japanese then i could play all those untranslated Japanese videogames.
>>
>>53220274
>>53220274
>>53220274

for any other sanskrit/hindi queries or comments please refer to this thread
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.