[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 1439018377001.png (74KB, 800x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1439018377001.png
74KB, 800x1012px
"It always appeared to us that, atomic bomb or no atomic bomb, the Japanese were already on the verge of collapse." -General Henry H. "Hap" Arnold, Commanding General of the U.S. Army Air Forces under President Truman

"I had been conscious of depression and so I voiced to (Sec. Of War Stimson) my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at this very moment, seeking a way to surrender with a minimum loss of 'face.'" -General Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Japan was at the moment seeking some way to surrender with minimum loss of 'face'. It wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing." -General Dwight D. Eisenhower

"It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender. My own feeling was that in being the first to use it, we had adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was taught not to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying woman and children." -Admiral William D. Leahy, former Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

"I am absolutely convinced that had we said they could keep the emperor, together with the threat of an atomic bomb, they would have accepted, and we would never have had to drop the bomb." -John McCloy
>>
File: 1411177219559.png (50KB, 445x396px) Image search: [Google]
1411177219559.png
50KB, 445x396px
"P.M. [Churchill] & I ate alone. Discussed Manhattan (it is a success). Decided to tell Stalin about it. Stalin had told P.M. of telegram from Jap Emperor asking for peace." -President Harry S. Truman, diary entry, July 18, 1945

"Some of my conclusions may invoke acorn and even ridicule... "For example, I offer my belief that the existence of the first atomic bombs may have prolonged - rather than shortened - World War II by influencing Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson and President Harry S. Truman to ignore an opportunity to negotiate a surrender that would have ended the killing in the Pacific in May or June of 1945... "And I have come to view the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings that August as an American tragedy that should be viewed as a moral atrocity." -Stewart L. Udall, US Congressman and author of "Myths of August"

"Certainly prior to 31 December 1945, and in all probability prior to 1 November 1945, Japan would have surrendered even if the atomic bombs had not been dropped, even if Russia had not entered the war, and even if no invasion had been planned or contemplated." -U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey's 1946 study

"Careful scholarly treatment of the records and manuscripts opened over the past few years has greatly enhanced our understanding of why Truman administration used atomic weapons against Japan. Experts continue to disagree on some issues, but critical questions have been answered. The consensus among scholars is the that the bomb was not needed to avoid an invasion of Japan...It is clear that alternatives to the bomb existed and that Truman and his advisers knew it." -J. Samuel Walker, Chief Historian, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
>>
>>53206651
>>53206670
>thinking anyone unironically defends the atomic bomb here

I think you should stick with >>>/reddit/ "m8"
>>
>>53207159

I defend it. Ain't nothing the nuke dodgers didn't deserve. OP is a faggot.
>>
Says the country that murdered over 150 million people over the course of its existence

All you western nations are equally genocidal, the world would be a better place without you
>>
>>53207159
The atomic bomb was a mercy kill desu. While Japan was close to defeat, the bombs probably saved millions of lives and MOST of the deaths it caused were quick and relatively painless to the alternative.
>>
>>53209017
t. Turk bashing Western nations, while happily living in a Western nation

I know this is bait but absolutely no race or nation is innocent of atrocities, it's not an Eastern vs. Western thing.
>>
>>53209017
>You western countries are too genocidal
>Says the German
>>
>>53207159
It was necessary and I the choice was mine I'd make it too.
>>
THE JAPANESE WERE GUD BOYS, THEY DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>Bombing the nips was bad

Top meme.
>>
>>53209158
I like how /int/ mercilessly shits on chinks until it becomes convenient to bring up MUH NANKING in order to shit on somebody else.
>>
File: upvote.jpg (53KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
upvote.jpg
53KB, 620x400px
>>53208451
>>53209085
>>53209141
>>
It's not a justification but it guaranteed the US right over the land and got Russia to fuck off. Out of all of the shit that happened Japan is in a much better place now than it would have been if it got commie'd.
>>
>>53209234
>le reddit upboat
Reddit would be against it, they are spineless cucks
>>
>>53209272
>knowing what reddit's opinion would be
hello reddit!
>>
File: 1418966159974.jpg (27KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1418966159974.jpg
27KB, 460x276px
>>53209221
>/int/ is one person
>>
>>53207159
>not defending it
how's San Fran, Yoshi?
>>
>>53209093
>>53209113
I'm an eastern European working in Germany, I moved here a few days ago to make some money and then I'll happily return home. I don't see a problem in taking advantage of a western genocidal nation to improve my financial standings, it's the least the west owes me. It's actually very satisfying seeing all western euros cry on social media how Europe is doomed etc etc, now you get to taste your own medicine.

What goes around comes around.
>>
>>53209017
>t. al-berto al-barbosi
>>
>>53209313
Nice try Cheng, reddit beinf spineless cucks is a well-known fact around these parts. Last time I went on reddit was a month ago to see something a real life friend told me to check out.
>>53209420
>A western genocidal nation owes me as an eastern european
Nobody owes anyone else shit except for maybe shit like Greece owing Germany and the IMF money. Stop being so entitled and just fucking call what you are doing as what it is, simply making money where the money is and then bringing the money to where it can go the furthest.
>>
What bothers me most is that Americans pretend they only did it because it was for the greater good. I AM NOT SAYING IT WAS OR WASN'T A GOOD THING OVERALL. The main reason they were fine with it because the whole country hated Japs. In those times they really thought them less than human
>>
I am a Japanese and what I learned and thought in elementary school was, even before the atomic bomb, upper people in the army and politicians knew that there is no chance of winning the war.
But, the government (Actually the people in the government who opposed the war was killed and the government was under the control of the army) announced the people that Japan must win and they were sure they would win, and they already brainwashed people and even themselves.
So, although it was impossible to win, they couldn't stop the war.
However, after the atomic bomb, people saw that it was really impossible to win, and that led Japan to surrender, to end the war.

So, we don't think atomic bomb was a demon or something like that. It was in a sense good for Japan for it helped them make the situation clear.
We know that the atomic bomb did a really cruel thing, but it was not caused by america, but it was caused by the war and Japan itself.

So we don't blame america. We blame Japan who could not end the war and make its people suffer.
>>
File: 1401304301181.jpg (37KB, 471x350px) Image search: [Google]
1401304301181.jpg
37KB, 471x350px
>>53209580
>Last time I went on reddit
>>
Im sorry to write wrong...and Im sure there are mistakes...

What I want to say is, I well understand how horrible the atomic bomb is, but America used it properly to end the war and make the world better, and i think we should not blame that action.

Also, I don't know any Japanese who hate America because they dropped atomic bomb. They think it's just happened in the past and settled already.
In Japan, it's a shame not to forget others' fault that was made in the past.

So...I beg not to argue this...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.