[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lads, I can't decide between learning Italian, Portuguese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 1449970519376.jpg (61KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449970519376.jpg
61KB, 600x800px
lads, I can't decide between learning Italian, Portuguese or Spanish, convince which one to learn (no I am not interested in French)
>>
>>53186831
italian
>>
>>53186831
italian
>>
>>53186831
learn French you pussy
>>
>>53186831
depends on what you're actually trying to achieve

if you want to be able to speak to many people - Spanish
if you want a more beautiful language - Italian
if you want a lot of literature/tv shows etc. - Spanish?

I can't think of a reason to learn portugese desu, it has less speakers and sounds fucking awful
>>
>>53186831
Spanish is the easiest of the three, Italian is the most refined
And it's 2016, at least one of those languages should have already been under your belt. Today's all about learning Russian, Arabic, Mandarin or Japanese...

Get with the times
>>
>>53187016
*than spanish
>>
>>53186831
Just think of it this way
>Don Quixote vs. The Divine Comedy
Now make your choice.
>>
>>53187016
Portuguese has way more speakers than Italian mein freund
>>
>>53187123

>American reductio ad absurdum

>>53187016

I don't know man, what define what's beautiful in a language even?
>>
>>53186831
Spanish is probably the most useful.
>>
Spanish, can't go wrong
>>
As far as practicality and usage, you're better off going for Spanish. I'm not sure how hard it is for native English speakers to learn, but as an Italian, I found it very easy and intuitive, so you might want to go into Spanish first and then use that as a springboard to learn Italian. Concerning Portuguese, I like the way it sounds, and it seems easy in written form, but the pronounciation I just can't crack yet. So yeah, go for Spanish or Italian first, depending on preference.
>>
>>53186831
Tell us what you think about each language. The pros and cons, and what you value the most(usefulness, beauty, literature, number of speakers, etc.).

My answer would be: learn them all. And if you're already considering doing that, then I'd recommend learning Spanish first. But really, the order is almost irrelevant.

>>53187016
You realize most of your points are subjective, right?

>>53187123
>what is Os Lusíadas

Also, Fernando Pessoa is a fucking genius.
>>
>>53187476
okay so;

Spanish: has the most number of speakers, can travel to like 20+ countries with it, but I think it's the ugliest and most boring one

Portuguese: I think it sounds the best and I like Brazil and bunda, cons are that it has the least learning resources and seems hard

Italian: It also sounds very nice, and I have a little Italian ancestry so feel some attachment to it. Cons are that it only has the least speakers and they're only found in Italy and Switzerland
>>
>>53187476
if there was a strawpoll about which sounds better - italian or portugese, it would probably look like +80% for italian
>>
>>53187615
Oh, see. That changes a lot.
Then I'd say learn either Portuguese or Italian first. Spanish will be easy as fuck if you learn Portuguese, so you won't get bored/have to force yourself too much learning it.

I don't think Portuguese has less learning resources than Italian actually. It's about the same amount if you ask me. Of course there are lots of useless courses for Italian(because it's more popular than Portuguese), but you shouldn't even consider them because they just want money and aren't any good.

Now I can't really decide between IT and PT, so I'll leave it for you.
>>
>>53187929
Yeah, but that doesn't mean it isn't subjective. And as you can see, OP thinks that Portuguese sounds better, and that's all that matters(for him, at least).

BTW, I'm trying to be as impartial as possible here.
>>
>>53188067
I'm not saying that it isn't subjective, the probability was just higher for italian

>>53187615
>Cons are that it only has the least speakers and they're only found in Italy and Switzerland
Italy is a lot closer to england though
>>
>>53186831
Depends on what you want to use it for, if we're talking strictly practical purposes: spanish > portuguese > italian.
>>
Either Spanish or Italian.

Portuguese is the most irrelevant one.
>>
>>53188465
lol I totally forgot portugal existed..

I meant closer than brazil, flying there would probably be fucking expensive in comparison but portugal is fine too I guess
>>
>>53186831
If you're going to learn one of those, you might as well learn all three honestly.
>>
>>53188926
THis.

I speak the three of them. Once you know Spanish, learning Portuguese and Italian is piece of cake.
>>
>>53188926
can vouch for this approach as well.
>>
>>53187016
>sounds awful
This coming from a FUCKING GERMAN? Fuck off cunt
>>
>>53188926
this,learn spanish
>>
I'm afraid italian is of little use outside of Italy.
Spanish is by far more useful because of south america, and if you have already learned spanish italian becomes pretty quick to get.
So unless you want to live in my country I suggest spanish.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.