[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the American education system so weird?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: united states.jpg (226KB, 2339x682px) Image search: [Google]
united states.jpg
226KB, 2339x682px
You have to study Law, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Medicine at grad school in the states. Why don't American universities offer these majors at the undergraduate level? Every other country on earth is not like this. Forcing students to go to grad school is just a waste of their money and time.
>>
Is that why the US has the best medical schools in the world that every country recognizes as extremely prestigious where as no one knows what the Pajeet Singh Sacred Cow Medical school is or how they teach?
>>
>>53171218
Oxbridge is also great and you can study a lot of shit at undergraduate level.
>>
>>53171277
Idk.

It's clearly working for North America. A degree from our continent is basically a golden ticket everywhere else, that's why people pay ridiculous amounts of money to study here. Because pretty much every University in Asia(including Japan) and India has no accreditation or value.

The top 10 schools for anything in the world are literally all in the US except for a few in the UK like Oxford or something.
>>
>>53171124
>The United States is a union of states
woah
>>
File: 1446284353561.png (26KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446284353561.png
26KB, 396x400px
>>53171218
>my Canadian friend has to study in the US because the pharmacy schools in Canada are shit according to him
>>
>four to five years of pre-med preparation, another four years of medical school, and three to seven years of residency
Damn, that's a lot of time. I think it takes something like 8 years total to become a doctor here.
>>
>>53171402
Australia and New Zealand unis are also good and their systems do not work like this. Same for Europe.
>>
>>53171457
Not sure about pharmacy specifically but Canadian medschools are the hardest to get into in the world. Most go to medschool in the US.

For UofT medschool there was like 6:1 applicant ratio and average GPA 3.9*(can't remember but it was like 3.94 either minimum or average GPA accepted.
>>
Because when you do grad school in the state you are in you will most likely get your certification to practice there.

A doctor or lawyer in New York can't practice their profession in California even when they are qualified to work in New York.
>>
>>53171540
I don't see Australia and New Zealand at the top of any rankings for anything.
>>
>>53171565
>For UofT medschool there was like 6:1 applicant ratio
The acceptance rates for the medschools here were 15.9% for the easiest one and 11.9% for the hardest one to get into.
>>
>>53171598
A lot of secondworldfags also like to go to these two countries to study
And so what? University rankings are tied to research, not how good the students are (except for PhD ones) or how good the education system is. Just because the states produced the highest number if Nobel laureates doesn't mean America has the best education system on the planet.
>>
>>53171740
No but it means it is more prestigious and reputable. Every single person in the world knows or has heard of Harvard.

Goatfucker medical school in New Zealand is not.
>>
>>53171864
So what? Doesn't mean this system is the best. Harvard is famous because of its papers published by its professors and its Nobel laureates.
>>
>>53171895
Youre not helping your case you know...Also when will you be british clay again?
>>
>>53171701
Just googled it quickly. I was talking some dumb shit, it says on wiki it's under 10% acceptance to Canadian med schools from Canadian applicants.

Not sure what I was saying earlier but I did read that Canadian medschools are among the hardest to get into in the world, that's why we got so many going to the US for it.
>>
>>53171565
>6:1 applicant ratio
Why so low? It's usually like 11:1 here.
>>
>>53171956
What you guys said made no sense. You and that Cancuck are too autistic to understand that.
Yeah you were British clay too :^)
>>
>>53171997
I don't know what I was saying. Trying to remember wiki article then when I submitted post I realized that doesn't seem right. Anyway you get the point

>>53172030
>Most prestigious schools in the world
>Literally valued extremely by every part of the planet

>N-n-no the system is shit it just somehow has a huge amount of funding and endowment and produces the greatest minds of every generation and the alumni all become successful... B-but it's n-not that good g-guys... They may have the Nobel prize winners, world renowned professors and most highest cited papers but out system is better!

t. You(aka stupid chink)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.