[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Eastern European culture "Eastern Orthodox+European culture+Mongolian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 18

File: image.jpg (517KB, 865x1217px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
517KB, 865x1217px
Is Eastern European culture
"Eastern Orthodox+European culture+Mongolian influences"?
>>
>>53127504
Asiatic influence is mostly linguistic really, e.g. like ukrainian word "maidian".
>>
>>53127504
my ranking of importance would be
slavic culture>orthodoxy>pre-slavic culture>turkish and mongol influence
>>
>>53127592
Cool, cool. How about пeльмeнь? Did it originated from Asian dumplings, or is it completely Russian original?
>>
>>53127504
mongols were cultures nomads tho,same as turks before they settled in persia and asia minor and absorbed local culture
>>
Yes, some of them that we used to KUNGZ also have bits of Central European culture
>>
>>53127504
Germanic with Sarmatian influences basicly
>>
It's turbofolk most of all

IDEM PRAVO ZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9k889LgJp0
>>
>>53127504
The Muslim influence in the Balkans is much stronger than in Russia. I think those are two different cultural areas: one that's truly Slavic, and one that's post-Ottoman.
>>
>>53127828
That's Central Europe
>>
>>53127828
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Slavs, is in fact, Wends and Slavs, or as I've recently taken to calling it, masterrace and slavshits. Slavs are not an ethnic group unto itself, but merely a linguistic group made useful by based Wends, a vital group thanks to which Europe exists.
Many /int/ users mistake Wends for Slavs every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the Wendish group is often called "Slavs", and many of /int/olerants are not aware that it is basically the Wends, a Central European masterrace.
There really are Slavs, but Wends are no part of it. Wends are different, much more civilized and stuff. This is essential for you to realize. Slavs often include Wends, but basically it's Slavs with Wends added. All the so called "Western Slavs" are really Wends
>>
>>53127504
Mostly in Russia

>>53127737
>Cool, cool. How about пeльмeнь? Did it originated from Asian dumplings, or is it completely Russian original?
It's a piece of meat and dough. A lot of cultures have it. I think our kind came somewhere from Syberia which probaly means it was influenced by Chinese cuisine
>>
>>53127966
>>53128020
eastern

eastern

E A S T E R N

EAST

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untermensch

>"the masses from the East," that is Jews, Roma, and Slavs (mainly ethnic Poles
>>
>>53128077

jewish lies
>>
File: sU_8I3bN_400x400.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sU_8I3bN_400x400.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>53128020
>Wends
Oh you, polacks...
>>
>>53127966
>Poles claiming the glorious Eastern-Iranian heritage

ayy lmao
>>
>>53128273

"The Sarmatians were eventually decisively assimilated (e.g. Slavicisation) and absorbed by the Proto-Slavic population of Eastern Europe."
>>
>>53128273
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLcpwwSRx24
>>
>>53128293
*Proto-Wend
*Central Europe
>>
File: 1449758409348.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1449758409348.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
https://telegram.me/joinchat/CFnQZwOhFSB1l8VmhOcxrw

JOIN THIS FUN /INT/ GROUP AND MEET COOL INTERESTING PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD
J O I N N O W
>>
File: pustynny papież.jpg (36KB, 481x383px) Image search: [Google]
pustynny papież.jpg
36KB, 481x383px
>>53127504
Not all Eastern Europeans are Orthodox, some are Catholic

It's just distinct culture from Western Europe, man.
>>
File: Nazi Barbosa.png (138KB, 296x283px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi Barbosa.png
138KB, 296x283px
>>53127966
>"Central Europe"

nice meme. "Mitteleurope" marks possessions of HRE, it basically is German imperialism, if you think you're "Central European" you're basically German wannabe

return to heimatland my man
>>
>>53128606
Its history, also italian and czech were also imperial languages in the HRE.
>>
>>53128293
>>53128357
>this is what Lyahs actually believe in

There are Iranian influences in a lot of Slav languages (place names, too), but only autists still claim that Poles are somehow more related to Sarmatians/Scythians than other European ethnicities.

That meme is outdated and is only still alive due to the permanent butthurt of West Slavs and their determination to separate themselves from other Slavs. Latent German cuckoldry and whatnot, Czechs are way ahead of you in that field.
>>
>>53127504
These are things that influenced it. The basis is old traditions, from pagan times, and new ones that came with world develpoment.
>>
>>53128667
we and bulbas are related closely to northern iranians though
>>
>>53128020
Wends = Slavs + Balts before 6th century

During 6th century Slovenes and Antes decided to unify Wends by making them adopt Slovene language, from then on they are called Slavs.

Those that didn't adopt Slovene are called Balts now.
>>
>>53128606
>living in XIV c.
>>
>>53129630
lies
>>
File: Slavic_tribes_8th_century.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Slavic_tribes_8th_century.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
>>53128667
The Sarmatian influences predate the Hunnic invasions.

All Wends were in cahoots with Iranics. Vandals roamed Africa together with Alans. Slovenes made Wends Slavs together with Antes ( their descendants the Andi still live as a small tribe in the Caucasus today, they're muslims now though).

Wends was a germanic term, but they used it to refer to themselves (see Samo's Wend kingdom). Romans considered Wends, Lugii/Vandals, Peucini/Bastarnae a fifth kind of germanics who were strongly influenced by Sarmatian blood and habits.

Pre-6th century Wends, especially those bordering Germanic tribes, often adopted Germanic language and culture. Lugii (Lechites) aka Wandali spoke Germanic and prayed to "Godan" and Frea.

After part of the Lugi migrated (including part of Silesii) the Wends from the East filled their place. That was the time when Slovenes went around pushing their language upon the Wend, making them Slavs.

You can differentiate Wends from Germanics to the fact that they cremated their dead. German-speaking Lugii/Vandals and Bastarnae also did that, while 'true' Germanics did not. Early Slavs continued to cremate their dead.

Lugii: Przeworsk culture (3th century BC - 5th century AD) between upper Vistula and Oder extending to south towards middle Danube = Wandal/Wend --> cremated their dead

] In the late 5/6th century, the Prague-Korchak culture appears in the Vistula basin -> Wends from the east (who adopted Slovene) = early Slavs ; also cremation

Source and recommended reading (most recent authority on the subject)
Florin Curta, The making of the Slavs history & archeology 500 - 700 AD
>>
File: 1447012128980.png (75KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
1447012128980.png
75KB, 348x301px
>enter slav thread
>see polish posts
>same every time
>>
>>53130122
Wends are completely different from slavshits
t. Wendology professor
>>
>>53129975
Truth accepted by academics today

read Florin Curta

also read Tacitus, Pliny the Elder, Strabo, Winefried Paul, Jordanes... the classic sources, it's pretty obvious

instead of quoting wikipedia, which is full of contradictory information.

Also, did you know the Latvian flag is the flag of the local Vents (Wends) tribe (near Ventpils)?

In fact only Wends who didn't accept Old Slovene (Sklavenoi) language can today still call themselved Wends.

Poles used to be Lechites who spoke Germanic, but after adopting Slavonic they became Slavs. Wends that didn't adopt it, known today as Balts, are in fact the true Wends.

Nevertheless, Finns and Estonians still call Russians Wends. The Estonian and Finnish names for Russia - Venemaa and Venäjä - originate from the name of the Venedi/Venethi

(Also, Lithuanians call Belarusians 'guddi' which refers to Goths).

The one thing Poles have on other Slavs, is that they really were the Vandals of antiquity. They were total germanboo then though.
>>
>>53130420
>Poles used to be Lechites who spoke Germanic
HA!
>>
>>53130409
nope not at all

All Slavs are Wends, but not all Wends are Slavs.

Again, before the 6th century, Wends adopted this name, a lot of Venedic tribes called themselves Wends.

Langobards were originally called Winnili/Windili, also Wends. They became Langobards after a victory against their main and more populous rival Lugii/Vandals, where their women had to cut off their hair and wear it as false beards, to give the impression that they were men.

I do think classical history on the Germanic tribes should be re-written with an emphasis on the proto-Slavic, Wend tribes who adopted Germanic habits and culture partly (still cremated their dead).

Slav comes from slovo = word, Slovenes were the Slav-spreaders. Also one of the tribes that found Russia (see Primary Chronicle).

Thanks to the Slovenes and their Iranic buddies you and most other Wends don't speak a Germanic or Baltic language now, but an "Indo-Iranoid" one
>>
>>53130722
b-but WE DIFFRENT FROM EAST SLAVSHITS N SHEIT
>>
>>53130578
'dis true m8

The Lugi(i)/Lygii/Lugiones/Lougoi (Lech) aka Wandili were composed of several tribes with similar habits (Przeworsk culture, cremation) one of them were called the Silesii, synonymous to the Nahanarvali mentioned by Tacitus.

The trunk Wend-/Wand-/Vent-/Vand- present in Venedi/Venethi/Wends/Vandals/Wandili/Winnili is Germanic and means wanderer (wand-erer). Tacitus mentions amongst others how they liked to travel great distances on foot.

Their alliance (in reality they had to pay tribute to) nomadic Iranics from Sarmatians and Alans to (probably Iranic) Avars lasted for many centuries. Title in Africa was "King of the Vandals and the Alans". The buttbuddies Slovenes/Antes etc...
>>
>>53130907
Because East Slavshits have shitloads of Finnic blood.

Noticed how Slavs are relatively ok, but the closer you come to Finland the more fucked up things get?

That is because Finnic blood made what people today refer to as 'typical slavshit', including the perfidious Finns themselves. Northern European Russians are like 40% Finnic.

The Finn spreads his violent, degenerate genes and then points and shouts "slavshits", silently grinning and secretly touching his penis when he hears people repeating it. That way he can carry on stabbing family members and be praised as heroes on /int/ when they throw some spurdocrap in people's faces to divert attention.
>>
>>53131190
>>53131027
Thank you family, you are a gentleman and a scholar. It was mongols all along.
>>
>>53131190
"typical slav" looks nothing like a finnic person you pseudo-intellectual arab.
>>
>>53131190
>this one Belgian poster that always brings the anti-Finnic bantz

I was reading your other posts and I was eagerly waiting for you to FINALLY post this
>>
>>53131308
>>53131367
mongools out
>>
>>53131308
ayayay passive agressive Finn feels personally attacked, nice ad hominem

>>53131367
Hehe gotta work up slowly :) Glad you appreciate.

Just repeating what scholars stated about Finns during history. Notice them coming out of the woodwork, and the "bro-tier" masks falling off.

I've had some denying that Venemaa and Venäjä came from Wends in the past. They appear to be very touchy when confronted with certain facts.
>>
File: scritobini-fenni.png (271KB, 968x704px) Image search: [Google]
scritobini-fenni.png
271KB, 968x704px
I notice it is time for some elaboration of the subject. Here is Tacitus opinion of the Fenni (Finns geographically located north of Wends and east of Swedish tribes):

>"In wonderful savageness live the nation of the Fenni, and in beastly poverty, destitute of arms, of horses, and of homes; their food, the common herbs; their apparel, skins; their bed, the earth; their only hope in their arrows, which for want of iron they point with bones. Their common support they have from the chase, women as well as men; for with these the former wander up and down, and crave a portion of the prey. Nor other shelter have they even for their babes, against the violence of tempests and ravening beasts, than to cover them with the branches of trees twisted together; this a reception for the old men, and hither resort the young. Such a condition they judge more happy than the painful occupation of cultivating the ground, than the labour of rearing houses, than the agitations of hope and fear attending the defense of their own property or the seizing that of others. Secure against the designs of men, secure against the malignity of the Gods, they have accomplished a thing of infinite difficulty; that to them nothing remains even to be wished."

500 years later Warnefried Paul the Langobard (or Winnili), a by then Romanized Germano-Slav, had [pic related] to say about them. Not much changed.

Before someone claims that Tacitus actually meant the Saami people, no, he described the Saami shortly as the Oxiones -a people half man half reindeer- and one could legitimately ask himself why the same description for a people T. called Fenni, Jordanes called Crefennae and Warnefried Paul called Scritobeni/Scritefenni, today known as Finns, in the corresponding geographical location, would be actually Finns?

(continued)
>>
>>53133537
>ad hominem
you shouldn't use words if you don't know what they mean
>>
>>53134517
Tacitus and the guy you're quoting don't know what they're talking about, and not just about Finland. Neither of them have been in Finland, and in Tacitus' case not even close (basically all historians agree that most of what Tacitus wrote is just pure bullshit or hearsay). Suomi doesn't get its name from jumping (hyppy is not very close to Suomi now is it?) and we've been an agricultural people for thousands of years, only the sami were hunter-gatherers. Also the Finn name which came from our western neighbours explicitly referred to the sami while we had no common name but each tribe was it's own thing and was referred to as such by them (so Kvens/Qvens, Karelians etc.)
>>
>>53134517
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_heritage_disease
+ alcohol consumption and the frequency of stabbing incidents are generally known. Note that Finns like to tout Rurik's Finnic DNA, note that the Russian confederation was found by the joining of Slavic and Finnic tribes (Chudes), note that even Putin is part Vepsian, a Finnic tribe. Haplogroup N1c is more abundant than R1a in most of Northern European Russia.

All these things should begin to make a clear picture why Russian bydlo is so different from other Slavic lower class individuals. The Finn can hide its true nature better now because they were lucky to live in the capitalist West the last 70 years. I'm pretty sure should the Finn have lived under communism you would have an exact copy of Russian bydlo, differing in all aspects that set apart the other bydlos from post-communist states.

Poles especially shpould have the expertise on this, as Latvian and Lithuanian bydlo carries more Finnic genes, having a similar Fenno-Slavic genetic composition to the Northern Russians. I confess I am not qualified to study the finer points here, but Poles are in a good position to do this, because of their time-honoured experience with all aforementioned groups.

But my point remains: it is the Finnic mongol blood that brought the violent Asiatic tendencies into the East-Slav (Slavs originally being quite peaceful by nature, as confirmed by many classical scholars)
>>
>>53134628
not hostile at all

>>53134963
>Tacitus and the guy you're quoting don't know what they're talking about, and not just about Finland.

Yeah, Tacitus and Titus Livius, the well-respected author in Roman times upon which he based most of his work, just pulled everything out of their ass.

>Neither of them have been in Finland, and in Tacitus' case not even close

Except that Warnefried Paul even owned the mentioned clothing the Fenni wore back then (500 years later than Tacitus btw)

>(basically all historians agree that most of what Tacitus wrote is just pure bullshit or hearsay

nope, not at all, only Finns seem to deny it

Also, Jordanes and Procopius Caesarensis mention simillar things about the Fenni, probably also imagined I guess.
>>
>>53135338
ad hominem doesn't mean hostile you retard
>>
>this wafel guy
you are my hero bro
>>
>>53131190

Actually the closer to Greece you get the more fucked up Slavs are. Anyway you have no understanding of what the words Finnish DNA mean.
>>
>>53135546
Smurfs saves the day
>>
>>53127504
>Mongolian influences
There were none. And our culture is not "eastern european" or even "Russian". We were and still are Aryans, god's beloved kids. Picrelated was created by our ancestors. Wanna find out more? Look for Piranezi, his paintings are awesome.
>>
>>53127504
>Polish culture
>Influenced by Mongolians
>>
>>53135338

Do you agree with Roman writers that Gaulish Celts had little interest in women and prefered to have sex with boys?
>>
>>53135494
I never claimed it meant hostile. You called me a pseudo-intellectual arab. There's the ad hominem. And you want to pick a verbal fight with me. There's the hostile.

>>53135546
I respect civilisations that made a name for themselves in antiquity, like the Lechites. German historians tried to hog the credit that should go to the Wends/Slavic peoples during the 19th and 20th century. The fact that they adopted Germanic language doesn't make them German, same as we are speaking English right now but that doesn't make us English.
>>
>>53136661
First of all it wasn't me. Second of all calling you a cocksucking motherfucking asslicking nigger is not an ad hominem either. Ad hominem is when you claim someone is false because of who/what they are instead of what they're arguing, in other words attacking the person instead of the argument. If you make a claim and I try to refute it by saying that you're wrong BECAUSE you're stupid, that's an ad hominem, if I refute it with an argument and on top of that call you an idiot, that is not an ad hominem. You retard.
>>
>>53136661

Literally everything you say is your own wild interpretation of outdated and cherrypicked information.
>Oxiones must be Saami because uh I feel like it but Saami being traditionally known as Finns by Norwegians is irrelevant
>>
>>53135005

Nice. Didn't know about this finnish heritage disease phenomenon.
>>
>>53137946

It's not a phenomenon. We don't have a higher frequency of hereditary diseases but the ones we do have are distinct.
>>
File: Europe_ethno-genetic.jpg (94KB, 736x662px) Image search: [Google]
Europe_ethno-genetic.jpg
94KB, 736x662px
>>53135717
Except that a lot of those aren't really Slavs either. I2a* being the most dominating haplogroup (more than R1a in many places), these are often Daco-Thracians who mixed with Slavs and adopted Slavic language. Plus there is the 400 years of Turkish occupation in some parts. Daco-Thracians were known as a warlike people in antiquity, and look at Albanians now, it kinda shows.

>>53135973
O tempora o mores. I don't know which author you are quoting, but denying it just because I happen to be related to Gauls would be rather childish, wouldn't it?
The late (Western) Roman world was pretty decadent too, as is why Tacitus put so much emphasis on the Germanic's morals concerning marriage and monogamy. There homosexuality and pederasty wasn't very accepted, they bound them to a wooden construction and threw them in bogs. Tacitus mentions this. Because bogs preserve bodies very well, they are often found back in such a state even today, proving he was right. It is likely that Wends also adopted this habit back then.

>>53136835
Calling me a pseudo-intellectual arab is not attacking the person instead of the argument? OK.

Anyway, I see you needed to vent some steam. Don't let your blood-pressure rise too much.

>>53137099
I quoted Tacitus, there is literally that line on the Oxiones, that's not "wild interpretation". I always provided the name of the author in everything I stated in this thread. Maybe you should do the same, when you claim something is outdated or say "all historians disagree".

Also look at the geographical descriptions. Saami live further north, that fits with what these authors describe, idem for the location of the Fenni/Crefennae/Scritobini.
>>
>>53138729

>I quoted Tacitus, there is literally that line on the Oxiones, that's not "wild interpretation".

Has anyone else made this connection between the Oxiones and Saami before you?

>Also look at the geographical descriptions. Saami live further north, that fits with what these authors describe, idem for the location of the Fenni/Crefennae/Scritobini.

You are very confused dude. Finn was to Scandinavians like Walloon/Welsh/Vlach was to Romans, it was a word used to describe whatever foreigners interacted with them. Norwegians named Finnmark after Saami, not Finns. Finns they knew as Kvens and they are very recent immigrants to Norwegian Lapland.
>>
>>53139247

Oops, to Germanics not Romans.
>>
>>53130122
>>53130420
Poles are real germanics.

Alans are modern germans.

You can fuck off subhuman easterners.

Also check this out.

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kultura_trypolska
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucuteni-Trypillian_culture
>>
>>53139715
BRAISE QUEEN WANDA
>>
>>53135878
>We were and still are Aryans, god's beloved kids
чeт в гoлoc
>>
File: 1420195309027.png (63KB, 409x443px) Image search: [Google]
1420195309027.png
63KB, 409x443px
>>53131190
This, so much this

Finns just hate themselves so they project themselves onto their closest relatives, that being the low-class Russians since the finnics always had to subdue themselves to the incoming Slav conquerors
>>
>>53140881

High class Russians of the past were German and Scandinavian. These days most wealthy Russians are Jews or other minorities. So much for the Slavic master race.
>>
>>53141262
Thank god we're not slavs.

fucking russian subhumans.
>>
>>53128122
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of this when I see the word wends
>>
>>53141345
> russian subhumans
yea but it's the finnic part making them subhuman
>>
>>53141678

Serbian-Croatian-Bosnian conflict shows how human your Balkan genes are. If you like Slavs so much then start a campaign to mass import semen from Belarus.
>>
File: slav witcher.png (669KB, 1000x1450px) Image search: [Google]
slav witcher.png
669KB, 1000x1450px
>>53141840
>Serbian-Croatian-Bosnian conflict shows how human your Balkan genes are
then I'm sure how it turned out in Slovenian case

>If you like Slavs so much then start a campaign to mass import semen from Belarus.
No need for that, Slovenia is pretty much Slavic. Besides from what the foreigners have guessed I look like a Pole/Balt/Russian a mix of it would be an average (true) Slav
>>
>>53142100
then I'm sure you know*
>>
>>53142100

Does Peter Bossman look like a true Slav too?
I really don't get Balkanoids, genocide each other but worship niggers?
>>
>>53142425
lel you're getting upset over literally the only relevant nigger living here

>genocide each other but worship niggers
worship is a strong word, he was elected because he is a capable man and has proved that in the years of his work here.
If anything, this proves we can see people past his skincolor and judge than based on their capabilities
>>
File: ossetians.jpg (1MB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
ossetians.jpg
1MB, 2500x1667px
>>53139715
>Alans are modern germans.
Then who are the Ossetians?
>>
>>53143074
Honestly don't know, Gorgeous.

Post some qt Georgian wymin.
>>
>>53139247
>Has anyone else made this connection between the Oxiones and Saami before you?

Of course, I don't invent these things myself as you seem to assume.

Johann Kaspar Zeuss, Die Deutschen und die Nachbarstämme, page 275

Johannes Hoops, Reallexikon der germanischen Altertumskunde, page 390

You can find both works on archive.org

>You are very confused dude. Finn was to Scandinavians like Walloon/Welsh/Vlach was to Romans, it was a word used to describe whatever foreigners interacted with them. Norwegians named Finnmark after Saami, not Finns. Finns they knew as Kvens and they are very recent immigrants to Norwegian Lapland.

I know that. As is why I mentioned the geographical situation several times, with several authors (Tacitus, Warnefried Paul, Jordanes, Procopius). They were talking about the most northern people (at the "end of the world", "where you can see the glow of the palace of Helios"). Those that lived even further (Oxiones and Hellussi) were not considered human anymore but half man half animal - eg. half reindeer, referring to the dress of the Lapps: animal skins.

Oxiones is derived from oissor, uksos meaning reindeer.

In fact the other, less likely hypothesis is that Oxiones were Kvens, which would make it in a sense even worse for Finns (half man half animal, not being considered human), but Lapps are much more likely, just like the natives in Central America thought the Spaniards on horseback were half man half horse, Centaur-like people (because they weren't familiar with horses).
>>
>>53143836
I really admire your knowledge.

Thank you very much for clarifing the heritage of the Poles. I always knew we aren't taught the truth.
>>
>>53139715
>https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kultura_trypolska
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucuteni-Trypillian_culture

interesting, thanks

>>53142100
>No need for that, Slovenia is pretty much Slavic

see pics here: >>53138729
and here >>53130122

It was Slovenes that made Wends Slavic, they're pretty much the original Slavs.

>>53144077

My pleasure, it has been an interesting ride for me, studying early Slavic history. Sometimes the facts are under our noses and people don't (want to) see it, especially when there were Germans hogging culture pre-WW II involved (in the case of Lugi(i)/Lougoi aka Vandals - Lech, what started me up).

Some want us to believe Slavs just simply popped up around the 6th century, while being unknown in antiquity, but careful re-reading of the classical sources connecting the dots (info we have on Przeworsk and Prague-Korchak cultures, and early Slav cremation habits) revealed a lot.

I am still digging, currently reading all the work of Florin Curta. Remember this name, he is the greatest contemporary expert on early Slavs.

Interesting also is that in [W]Andalusia there was found a text which also mentions Silesians (Silesii) being amongst the migrating Lechites.
>>
>>53143836

Oxiones and Tacitus Finns can both be Saami or alternatively a previously unknown European tribe the survived Corded Ware phase. Nothing to do with Finland though as we had tight links to Ananyino culture of Russia and of course the Germanic world.

>There are finds associated with metal working in northern Finland long before even the comingof iron. A number of molds for the casting of bronze ornaments and blades have been found in northernFinland, most of these being connected with eastern types, especially of the Ananyino Culture from theVolga and Kama regions in Russia.

http://www.academia.edu/466280/The_Northward_Movement_of_Late_Finnish_Iron_Age_Culture_Current_Research_Perspectives
>>
>>53144697
>Interesting also is that in [W]Andalusia there was found a text which also mentions Silesians (Silesii) being amongst the migrating Lechites.
Nice. Do share your knowledge once you're done with it.

Any work you might recommend me to read?
>>
>>53144760
Thanks, I'll read it now.

>>53144784

Yes, this is a highly interesting and recommended reading:
The Making of the Slavs: History and Archaeology of the Lower Danube Region, c.500-700 (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Life and Thought: Fourth Series)
http://bookzz.org/book/843779/6951ab
>>
>>53145516
Thank you fąm. You're godsend.
>>
>>53145516
Essentially Curta states that Wends/Slavs were there long before their supposed migration from Belarus. What I said here about Slovenes spreading their language amongst Wends and Vandals that were already there, comes partly from him.
>>
>>53145716
I always wondered why Poles differ so much from the rest of the "slavs".

Now I know. Thank you.
>>
>>53144697
>It was Slovenes that made Wends Slavic, they're pretty much the original Slavs.
By Slovenes you mean the original "Slovo-speaking people today known as Slavs" right?

The ethnogenesis of Slovenes is a fairly recent thing
>>
>>53145588
thx for the appreciation m8 :)

I'm thinking about writing a little booklet on it when I'm done, using all my notes.
>>
>>53127643
>turkish
Turkic
>>
>>53145925
Would be really nice.

I think the people that removed Polish pre-catholic history is purerly Vatican and their dogs like HRE and Third Reich. Hell they even supported the partitions and shunned Polish uprisings. Don't know why the hate us so much, but it's all true.
>>
>>53145867
Yes I do. The Slovenes of today are partly formed by migration of the original Slovo-speaking tribe called Slovens (Slovenci, Sklavenoi etc), the ones also mentioned in the Russian Primary Chronicle.

Hence why Slovenia in this map >>53138729
is also coloured orange.
>>
>>53145516
have you checked /his/ ? I think they might be hepful
>>
>>53146232
They're mostly racist and dumb fucks memeing.
>>
File: 1437163951429.gif (944KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
1437163951429.gif
944KB, 290x200px
>>53146056
>mfw all the writen shit about pre-catholic slavs in their underground libraries
>>
>>53146322
purge it then
>>
>>53145925
>I'm thinking about writing a little booklet
Do it and let us know when you're done!

>>53146121
>The Slovenes of today are partly formed by migration of the original Slovo-speaking tribe called Slovens
As I showed here >>53143787 Slovenes are not essentially homogeneous. The southern wave was probably more Iranic - Antae influenced and the first one more originally Slavic. The problem with our ethnonym is that many Slavs used to call them selves simply Slavs, like the Slovaks, Slavons (north Croatia), north Russians, even some Lechitic tribe.

BUT

The first written source of anyone calling us "Slovenci" was in the 16th century by Primus Trubar a Slovene that basically defined what and who is a Slovene. He was having troubles telling us apart from kajkavian Croats.
Some people claim he even made this word up. Up to that time we were defined regionally: Karniolans, Carinthians, Styrians..

>Hence why Slovenia in this map
The map is based on genetics, as we are 1/3 R1a1.. the guy simply concluded we are fully Slavic which could be simply wrong.
>>
File: 1434728071185.jpg (6KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1434728071185.jpg
6KB, 250x187px
>>53146414
>mfw when we were fucked by Vatican since 8th century and forgot about our glorious vandal past
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.