[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well does an average person in your country study the Bible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: bible-study.jpg (28KB, 417x275px) Image search: [Google]
bible-study.jpg
28KB, 417x275px
How well does an average person in your country study the Bible?
Is he supposed to remember almost all of passages from it?
First of all how do people in your country learn it?
in school? at home? or only in church?
I'm sorry for my total ignorance of cultures in Christian countries but I'm somehow interested in how religious you anons are.
>>
1 not well
2 no just the quotable ones
3 sunday gatherings
4 they talk on sundays about it but you can study it at anytime

the really religious ones carry one with them at all times so they read it over and over again
>>
The average person probably doesn't, religious people on the other hand often have weekly Bible study groups outside of regular church service.

Nobody expects memorization of the whole thing, just a certain important passages usually from the NT or the Psalms.

People are brought up with it. I don't know anything about private religious schools but in public schools the faculty is strictly forbidden from discussing religion outside of a historical/academic context. Even in religious clubs teachers can only take an observing role and cannot lead or participate in club activities or meetings. Almost all religious education takes places at home and at church.

t. guy who was brought up in a conservative Christian family
>>
>>53118744
Unless you are raised by religious nutjobs, you know only catchphrases deeply rooted in culture.

There are de-facto mandatory religion classes which are supposed to brainwash kids into firm believers and not necessarily teach anything important or interesting, and perhaps that's why not a single kid in the whole country treats those classes seriously.

Poles are Catholics and in Catholic Church clergy holds monopoly for interpreting and explaining God's message included in the Bible, what's not that stupid when you know that according to literal reading of it Earth is flat and sky is solid.

So even for a religious person it's more important what priest said or what Pope wrote than what can be studied on one's own. There's even popular opinion that the Bible is better known among atheists than among believers.

And if you ask me, the Bible is horribly written. I tried to read it thrice and failed each time. Kojiki is heavenly poem in comparison.
>>
File: kek.jpg (45KB, 644x408px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
45KB, 644x408px
>learn bible
>>
>>53120019
>And if you ask me, the Bible is horribly written.
The Koran is far worse. Poorest literature in the world, imo, an insult to intelligence.
>>
>>53118744
>How well does an average person in your country study the Bible?

We don't study de Bible.

>Is he supposed to remember almost all of passages from it?

wut? no, that's an american thing, not even priests remember shit considering they have to read when in the mass

>First of all how do people in your country learn it?

We don't.

>in school? at home? or only in church?

Nowhere.
>>
File: 1450761155937.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1450761155937.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>they don't, except filthy protestant heretics
>not really, but key passages for basic doctrine or guidelines
>they don't, or if they do it would be at church first

France is one of the most atheist countries in the world ; but for some reason, they'd rather have islam than Christianity
>>
>>53118965
I went to bible club in middle school and elementary and the teachers taught us.

It was entirely optional and we had to have our parents sign a permission slip but otherwise the teacher would lead prayer and bible study.

This was in So Cal in the late 90s though
>>
>Only had some 8 months of 1 class a week during my confirmation period.
>Priestess was pretty chill and mostly only taught us shit which reminded me of spiritualism, animism, and Buddhist rites
>Basically looked like Nikita Klæstrup and didn't give a shit about the conservative ways of the other priests
>She actually loved her job despite being a progressive hippie type
>>
File: 1449074682614.png (153KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1449074682614.png
153KB, 351x351px
>>53124057
>Denmark entrusts the souls of children to these people
>>
>>53118744
>study the Bible

toppest kek right there my radioactive friend
>>
No one here is a dumb cuckold religion fag tho.

>MUH DEAD JEW ON A STICK MUH DEAD JEW ON A STICK
>>
>>53124214
>implying I given a shit about religion
I basically just bullshit'd and lied my way out of it though. Still got that great family party which is in reality all that everyone cares about.
>>
File: 1451933731961.jpg (44KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451933731961.jpg
44KB, 479x720px
>study the bible
>the picture has glasses and a pen, alluring that it is anything like studying a STEM subject
>>
File: 1392085703184.jpg (48KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
1392085703184.jpg
48KB, 469x463px
>>53124417
>using glasses at all
>literally being this inferior
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.