[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

English Pride Worldwide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 12

File: english.png (36KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
english.png
36KB, 800x800px
Do you think English should continue to be the world language?

http://whistlinginthewind.org/2015/02/11/why-english-should-not-be-the-international-language-of-the-world/
>>
>>53104595
it would be insane to "try" to make a new language the global lingua franca. so much of the world has already learned english it would be completely backwards to make everyone start learning something else

either way america is the most powerful country in the western world therefor their language is most important
>>
File: english words.png (30KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
english words.png
30KB, 500x600px
>>53104677
Agreed. Even if an alternative language took a fraction of the time, it just wouldn't be practical to translate everything into a new language. It wouldn't make economic sense.
>>
File: kek.jpg (31KB, 433x419px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
31KB, 433x419px
>>53104677
>tfw you imagine a world where mandarin is lingua franca.
>>
File: american cumbucket.jpg (97KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
american cumbucket.jpg
97KB, 640x960px
English is the perfect international language. The Untied States was able to accept millions of immigrants and erase their culture and history. Hopefully it will continue to do the same throughout the world.
>>
>>53104773
It's already begun in Canada and Australia
>>
File: english grammar.png (320KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
english grammar.png
320KB, 540x540px
If you can't speak English, you aren't worth speaking to.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 550x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 550x453px
>>53105141
>>
File: eunice johns.jpg (98KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
eunice johns.jpg
98KB, 612x612px
Anglo culture is best culture.
>>
>>53105141
Supremely meme'd, my hispanic friend.
>>
File: 1434819366367.jpg (66KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
1434819366367.jpg
66KB, 469x463px
>>53104725
Before I skedaddle of here, mayhap I should tell you something. I don't want to discombobulate you but what you're say is balderdash.
>>
>>53110474
>monkey english
Refer to: >>53107547
>>
File: 1349301032747.png (92KB, 264x311px) Image search: [Google]
1349301032747.png
92KB, 264x311px
>>53107547
This is just how we fuck with ESL faggots
>>
File: froge.png (57KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
froge.png
57KB, 225x225px
>>53104595
>>53104677
>>
>>53104595
On on the condition that it's renamed American and all extant copies of Dr. Who episodes are incinerated.
>>
>learning some other language instead of English
plebs 2bh
>>
>>53107547

>For some reason a word from a different language has a different way of spelling sounds

Look at me I'm so smart tehehe!
>>
>making a natural language the international language makes the native speakers linguistically lazy
>conlangs are autistic
sheiße
>>
its fine as it is. leave it.
>>
File: brazilian race.jpg (73KB, 950x711px) Image search: [Google]
brazilian race.jpg
73KB, 950x711px
>>53114225
Agreed. The less we communicate with Brazilians, the better.
>>
An alternative phonetic spelling system could be implemented for english. Unlike norwegian with the nynorsk failure, english is widespread enough to succeed at implementing that.
>>
File: european future common scene.jpg (79KB, 671x820px) Image search: [Google]
european future common scene.jpg
79KB, 671x820px
>>53113870
I don't know why, but I'll tell you this.

This site has nothing to offer anybody. There is no quality content here you cannot get more quickly and efficiently elsewhere. This is an addiction which reduces your productivity, attention span, and free time. You are becoming more bitter, narrow minded, haughty, and old. Leave now and block this site. There is nothing here but slow, lonely suicide.

People do not have arguments here. Posters do not engage one another on key points, they nitpick with greentext and mock each other. Nobody is interested in the truth; people are battling for fleeting moments of superiority. Active commenters are loud jackasses who tumble into one internet fight after another, anxiously keeping ten tabs open to ensure they keep the last word in all of them. An insightful post is one in ten thousand, and no matter how hard you filter this place you are still searching for diamonds in a garbage dump.

This place is not making you happy. You are not having fun. You are not gathering stories to tell, learning, or growing as a person. Instead you chuckle every thirty minutes and are occasionally spurred to masturbation by libidinal posts or pictures. You are addicted to readily available information and pressure free social interaction. This place is slowly poisoning you with misogyny, narcissism, a false dichotomy surrounding normalfags, and insecurity.

I'm not telling you to b urself. I'm not telling you to go outside. I'm not even telling you to make friends. Just leave 4chan. Do anything else.
>>
>>53114270

Being widespread means it would be harder to implement, no. Multiple countries would have to agree on a phonetic spelling despite the fact we all pronounce the same words differently
>>
>>53114309

Fuck off with your forced meme
>>
Johnny Foreigners only have to learn one non-native language to communicate with billions of people. Why change that?

There is languages that have comparable numbers of speakers but you don't get the breadth of people that speak English, only ching chongs speak Chinese and Mohammedans Arabic, for example.
>>
>>53114431
I like the English language.

Thanks for spreading it everywhere, Britain.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.