[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Northern Ireland eventually secedes from the UK, would they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: ireland-map.png (104KB, 385x378px) Image search: [Google]
ireland-map.png
104KB, 385x378px
When Northern Ireland eventually secedes from the UK, would they join with the rest of Ireland or form their own country? I mean, after nearly 100 years, there should be come cultural and religious barriers to unification.
>>
>>53099150
they're not fucking leaving
>>
>>53099150
Northern Irish wasn't Protestant last time I heard
Also it is not 18th century , those don't matter anymore
>>
>>53099150
they will become part of scotland once scotland leaves the UK. ulster scots

then it will be united kingdom of england, cornwall and wales
>>
I wish each regions in the UK secedes from the united, and they will become the K.
>>
>>53099150
Northern Ireland exists because the Northern Irish prefer being British.
Ulstermen are Unionists, they've got no desire to leave.
>>
Can't see it happening, we subsidise the shit out of them and there is still a lot of anti-Catholic sentiment.
>>
The big barrier is the fact that it's an economic blackhole
>>
>>53099262
Cornwall is part of England you idiot. Is fucking Dorset independent now?
>>
>>53099346
XDDDD

>>53099150
yeah what's the point of current protestant-catholic unity flag, if protestants mostly stayed with brits?
>>
The republic doesn't want that shithole and we don't want it because it's a shit hole.
It's one of the poorest, regions of the UK and rarely send more money to Westminster than they receive
This could be down to successive NI governments being shit since home rule, but it was the only way to appease the republicans.
>>
>>53099150
why is this looks like south korea?
>>
>>53099476
when they leave you will make them state finally like wales, to replace the loss

remember when wales was just part of england?
>>
>>53099509
aliens mate
>>
Are there any Northern Irish who post here?
>>
>>53099499
i don't get why britian wanted to conquer ireland for centuries. they have almost no resources and you can't grow much on that rocky terrain.
more trouble than its worth
>>
>>53099588
I've seen a few who claim to be.
>>
>>53099588
yeah in /brit/ there's a few
>>
>>53099599
Goes back to the Normans and the pope
>>
>>53099599
From what I learned in my studies it was the English exceptionalism of the time and they wanted colonize everyone they could. Is this a fair assessment Britishes?
>>
>>53099588
There's one who very reguarly posts on /brit/
>>53099599
I would gess to stop the French getting it
That's also why we formed a union with Scotland after put 16% of their GDP in a chest on a ship and it sunk
>>
File: northern ireland future.png (35KB, 1002x544px) Image search: [Google]
northern ireland future.png
35KB, 1002x544px
>>53099599
>When Northern Ireland eventually secedes from the UK

Cool story
>>
They won't leave. Both will be eventually destroyed by migrants and they know it.
>>
>>53099749
>other
What else could people want?
To become the 51st state? To become an UN protectorate?
>>
>>53099889
Northern Ireland is probably the whitest region in the UK and one of the whitest region in the British Isles
It's our last bastion of hope
>>
>>53099217

NI is predominantly protestant which is one of the main differences, and points of contention, with ROI

>>53099495

>yeah what's the point of current protestant-catholic unity flag
Because religious strife is still very widespread in NI and Ireland and kneecappings still happen.
>>
>>53099150

Northern Irish person: "You've got no business having an opinion on Northern Irish politics"

Well you can fuck off then, as an Englishman, the Ulstermen are just as foreign to me as the Irish. Tiocfaidh a lá!
>>
>>53099889
>98.28% white
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_Northern_Ireland#Ethnicity

Sure thing Abd al-Rahman
>>
>>53099920

maybe repartition
>>
>>53099150
MUH HERITAGE
>>
>>53100008
>protestantism
>a point of contention in the republic
lol
>>
>>53099150
I'd imagine the eventual solution will be a federal system between Ireland, Northern Ireland, and perhaps Scotland if independence doesn't end up suiting their needs. Almost completely devolved internal lawmaking between the member "states", with common foreign, monetary, and trade policies.

Granted, Britain will have to fuck up royally to actually lose the north, but there was a time when Britain would have had to fuck up royally to lose the 3rd of the planet they'd subdued, so anything can happen, I suppose.
>>
>>53100173

I said it's a point of contention WITH Ireland - i.e. a point of contention between NI and Eire

Not that it is a point of contention within Ireland itself
>>
>>53099974
I've heard it's also a very racist place, is this true ?
>>
>>53100378
It really shouldn't be. It always seems like northern proddies have a warped idea of what would happen to them in a united Ireland.
>>
File: Naval_Jack_of_Ireland.svg.png (64KB, 800x461px) Image search: [Google]
Naval_Jack_of_Ireland.svg.png
64KB, 800x461px
>Ditch any claim on NIreland, in favour of Scotland to bust their irredentism
>No more Catholic-Protestant unity bullshit
>Make this your national flag

What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>53100345
>but there was a time when Britain would have had to fuck up royally to lose the 3rd of the planet they'd subdued

U wot?

You're implying it's a piece of cake for a small island to maintain a massive empire which outnumbers the mother country by orders of magnitude. Are you thinking straight?
>>
>>53099150
Ireland and the UK should have got together and slaughtered everyone there years ago. The land could have been used as some giant, communal farm or something.

At least then Northern Ireland would have produced some good in the world.
>>
File: Pepe-Unimpressed.png (137KB, 394x381px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-Unimpressed.png
137KB, 394x381px
>>53100345
>but there was a time when Britain would have had to fuck up royally to lose the 3rd of the planet they'd subdued, so anything can happen, I suppose.

Erm, what.
>>
>>53100119
But that's the present.

I'm talking about the future, dumbass.
>>
Why didn't they just have Northern Ireland as part of Ireland in the first place

I mean they live next door to each other doesn't it make more sense? It's not like NI was an economic powerhouse for the UK
>>
>>53101258
It was at the time cuz muh shipyards but they all collapsed after like 10 years and NI has been a welfare sink since.
>>
As a region how prosperous do you think NI is in comparison to the rest of Europe? Perhaps on par with Poland?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.