[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What benefits do you get after completing a tour as a soldier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What benefits do you get after completing a tour as a soldier in USA? Do they pay you even after you return from Afghanistan or Iraq?

What if you get injured/cripled there?
>>
Free college.
>>
>>53077638
The thought that you fought for american freedom is reward enough :^)
>>
Free burgers.
>>
>>53077638
If this is a serious question, our government has an entire social program to make being a veteran a very lucrative status to attain. Especially if you're not upper middle class per se. Veterans affairs and the GI bills allow for free college and free medical care for life if you're injured in a service related manner. You also get heavily discounted loans to buy cars or a home among a lot of other small benefits that are by and far worth a four year contract
>>
free pussy for the rest of your life
>>
>>53079837
This is also true
>>
We had Kazak sappers in some hurrka state dont remember if it was afghanistan or irak.
Their monthly salary was 5000$ plus bonuses
>>
Free university through the GI Bill, which can be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in the US.

The average married enlisted soldier with a child makes like 50 grand during a 9 month deployment give or take. You get extra money for being in a combat zone, for being married, for having children, etc.

If you are seriously or even moderately injured you will most likely get medically chaptered out of the military. Depending on the severity you can get up to 100% disability payment, meaning the military will continue to pay you your FULL salary outside of the military until you die.

Plenty of other smaller perks too. Automatic priority/Preference in everything from college admissions to job applications, pretty much guaranteed job with the government after you get out, which usually pays upwards of 40-50 grand.

You can get all this for just doing a minimum of 3 years in the military. Very easy to become successful and wealthy through the military these days if you take advantage of everything.

Best thing is you don't need any kind of education or anything, you could come from the most poor/dysfunctional family ever and with the help of the military you can easily become upper class of society.
>>
>>53077638
Free college.
Free medical care (although it is supposedly shit).
You get priority hiring on some government jobs.
You get loans for buying a home at the lowest interest rates.

You also don't pay for shit while you're in the service, basically all of your expenses are taken care of. My friends who did an enlistment came out with $50k+ cash and free college plus the other benefits, it's not a bad deal, really.
>>
>>53079402
Gee I wonder if there's some big corporation shilling/lobbying behind all that.
>>
>>53080652
>>53080688
I know this is a huge burden to the gov but I look up to it.

I wish we could have the same thing here instead of nothing (nada, nought, zilch, nil, nix).
>>
Free medical marijuana
>>
>>53080780
You mean a country built on colonialism that is future proofing itself so far that it wants to deplete all resources everywhere around the world before tapping into its own so it can become the only superpower has good benefits for helping the cause? Huh
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.