[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/islam/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 479
Thread images: 42

File: nogodbutthegod.jpg (79KB, 500x232px) Image search: [Google]
nogodbutthegod.jpg
79KB, 500x232px
What does /int/ think on Islam? Do you think it's just another religion? Do you think it's violent? Do you think the Qoran has deeper meanings than it literally says? Do you think Islam should be gone? Also state your religious status.
>>
It sucks.
>>
>>32717071
Islam should be eradicated from western societies. I don't care what they are doing in muslim countries, but it has no place here.
>>
>>32717071
It's backwards and doesn't belong in the West.
>>
>calling it Islam

Alawi>Shia>powergap>diarreah>sunni
>>
>>32717115
Could you please elaborate? Also what do you believe in?
>>
>>32717071
To be honest, I don't really know how to feel about it. I've met and know very nice and literal peaceful Muslim's and even met the radical of the violent or aggressive ones. I even met the ones that don't give two shits and just want to live their lives.
>>
free gas chamber ticker to every islam follower.
>>
>>32717071
Are you a terrorist?
>>
>>32717174
Hey man I'm not talking about the branches
>>
>>32717071
I've been thinking of reading the Quran out of cultural interest, should I bothor?
I mean most Christians never bothor reading the Bible.
>>
>>32717071
It can be very problematic when it is transplanted into Western society. I don't know too much about all of the different sects but Wahhabism/Salafism need to be wiped out
>>
It's a shithole of a religion. I really mean that.
>>
>>32717247
Well I suggest you read both. The Qoran has a very different approach to the omni present god compared to Christianity. I think the Qoran would be worth reading. I don't have time to read a lot of stuff but I read some of the Qoran and I thought it is not that much of a rule book nor is it a mythology book. If you read the Qoran and then read a bit of Sufi stuff like Ibn Arabi or Mesnewi you can have a deeper understanding of true Islam.
>>
I think Muslims in the Middle Ages and later invented machines that I cannot comprehend, so I cannot say anything overtly islamophobic.

But I must admit I feel ill-disposed towards Muslim religious taboos, as they go against my personal tastes.

I am an atheist and I believe any and every religion is at its' basis anti-democratic and pre-modern. A believer always worships some divine reflection of earthly kings, so I believe the ballot and the pulpit are antipodes.
>>
>>32717405
What a level-headed and collected post. A nice change from the norm
>>
Still stuck in the 7th Century, born from some random caravan raider
>>
File: 1412094674604.png (108KB, 1237x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1412094674604.png
108KB, 1237x1017px
>>32717071
islam is unproductive and holds the arab world back.

>pic related
>>
>>32717071
It is just another religion, though it has not reformed with time and has been hijacked by warlords and terrorists for the most past in history.
>>
>>32717405
I think religion is better than that. Stuff like the Bible and the Qoran are only rule books to those who are really stupid, like most of the world. Those people have to be educated with rituals so that they behave. That's the first level of the religion. The second level is understanding things beyond this world. I think atheists are thinking too literal and they don't consider the option of being a part of the divine collection of energy.
>>
>>32717174
Austrian knows it.

t. atheist
>>
File: 1411848800659.jpg (32KB, 468x341px) Image search: [Google]
1411848800659.jpg
32KB, 468x341px
>>32717071

the only way
>>
>>32717071
I think it is infuriating having to deal with a religion that is at least a hundred years less progressive than the mainstream religions in the West.
>>
File: 1395060432022.jpg (130KB, 1280x983px) Image search: [Google]
1395060432022.jpg
130KB, 1280x983px
Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson explains what went wrong with Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZCuF733p88

Three things you don't know about islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgsrnmzxEUY
>>
>>32717629
Well Christianity was found hundreds of years before Islam, and it has reached a level where it is a bit more mature. Islam is in it's middle ages where the stupid people are still radical about it. Killing people for religion isn't about Islam only you know.
>>
File: 1365809329742-700x325.jpg (56KB, 700x325px) Image search: [Google]
1365809329742-700x325.jpg
56KB, 700x325px
>>32717685
le upboats for the epic awesome Degrasse links, atheism is the solution praise Sagan yall
>>
>>32717834
>Ireland
>>
>Do you think it's violent?
I think you know the answer to that question already

so instead ... can you, as a muslim in the muslim world with a much better understanding of that whole area than anyone in the west, give us an insight into why you apparently are so violent in regards to your religion??

hell even during the worst years of the troubles in the north, it was never about the different religions themselves ... they were a factor, but certainly not the driving factor the way it seems to be in the ME
>>
>>32717587
>divine collection of energy

this is typical hogwash, energy has a good defenition look it up. Don't just use those words in a pseudo-religious context.
>>
>>32717875
Donating gold for you sir, epic point out the persons flag maymay, upvotes for all
>>
>>32717947
Don't be autistic enough to comment on the word chosing I make. Try to get my message.
>>
I don't have a problem with it.

Growing up in the Bible Belt, it took me a while to figure out all of Christianity, isn't Baptist. And likewise all of Islam isn't, Wahhabi.

Up until that all religions seemed crazy, now just the ones that shun a more mystical approach to the universe seem weird. As they tend to make more sense than the full automatic view of the universe, where Western Atheists have taken the Protestant view of the world, threw out the notion of a God. Yet still feel like they are living in on Artifact, in a dumb universe. Oneness tends to agree with my rational a little more, not I the ego or "soul". But the entire process that is "me" in relation to the universe. We all happen together, symbiotically. We imply one another, like up does a down.
>>
Agnostic
I find it retarded, but I accept there's plenty of good Muslim people, but most of those good people are lax Muslims
>>
Islam itself is pretty much a neutral force, but the region is backwards for many reasons and people's reliance on religion just makes everything worse.
>>
>>32718001
Its just that most Islanders tends to be the only Europeans who are still superstitious
>>
>>32717071
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huMu8ihDlVA

"killing apostates is necessary for Islam to survive"

Yeah
>>
>>32717947
i do get the message it is just fashinable nonsense.

look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z17sIJyQ3oY
>>
>>32718117
Forgot
>Religious status
Atheist. Raised Catholic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxzOVSMUrGM
A Message to President Obama from a former Muslim
>>
>>32718118
Yeah if you ignore Iceland, Poland, Italy, Spain... you know every nation that contradicts such a flimsy idea.

I'm not even religious just your retarded /r/atheism bullshit contributes nothing
>>
>>32717071
Really? We're calling you cockroaches all day long and taking giant shits on you and you still can't take a hint about what we think about you?
>>
>>32717405
Slovenia comes through with a great post.
>>
>>32717071
Islam is barbarous and violent. When muslims draw comparisons to the Bible, nobody ever points out that Christianity itself had a reformation. It went from barbaric toward virtuous humanism.

Islam is just medieval trash that propogates slavery, monarchy and anti-intellectualism.
>>
I think it's cancer. I'd like to believe I'm not biased - I'm not religious whatsoever, and I don't like Judaism either, and am rather neutral to Christianity.

Religion as a whole is fucking stupid. However, it's also relatively harmless, at the end of the day what matters is how its followers take it.
After all, all religious books have retarded archaic shit written in them like stoning, lashing, xenophobia, etc.

HOWEVER:
As I always say, the big difference is in how it is applied by each religious group in its life.
The worst an "extremist" Christian could do to you is protest very loudly in front of you.
The worst an "extremist" Jew could do is charge you more than he would a Jew.
The worst an extremist Muslim could do is behead you. And then your wife, your kids, piss on your country, then leave.

Islam is entirely incompatible with the modern world, largely because of the fact that its followers are complete imbeciles.
>>
>>32718230
Okay. Keep believing in those part of the bible you like. Like that is Christianity
>>
File: prh9OY1.jpg (45KB, 645x512px) Image search: [Google]
prh9OY1.jpg
45KB, 645x512px
>>32718285
No pls merchant we were trying to have a good thread go away
>>
>>32718285

>The worst an "extremist" Christian could do to you is protest very loudly in front of you.

Kek, looks like you don't realize what country is above you

>The worst an "extremist" Jew could do is charge you more than he would a Jew.

Kek, looks like you don't realize what country is above you
>>
File: growthofislam-4.jpg (10KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
growthofislam-4.jpg
10KB, 300x216px
>>32717071
Muslim are mostly decent people but Islam, the theology, is utter crap from a man who only cared about power, money, and fucking many women. Muhammad's actions were no different from other cult leaders like Jim Jones and deserves no respect for the little good he did manage to do.

Islam should not have any place in civilized society.
>>
>>32718322
>implying I believe any of the bible

Nice try, you don't have to be religious to find atheists like you retarded.
>>
File: nobel.png (406KB, 1377x1437px) Image search: [Google]
nobel.png
406KB, 1377x1437px
>>32717569
Islam as a way of life does not reinforce positive values like productivity and modernization.

Islam basically gives you a blank slate in this life, it does not encourage you to be productive in this life. Just do as they say and please Allah and get into the next life where your real life starts, essentially. It's what makes it such an easy escapism option for retards, neets and other such untermensch, like the Sheikh. [may allah rest his soul]

Pic related, the productivity of Muslims in a nutshell.
>>
>>32717735
Islam certainly IS in the middle ages. Christianity didn't mature because of age, it "matured" because it went through a reformation. Islam never had a reformation and is straight medieval practices that support anti-humanistic culture.
>>
File: InbreedingMap500.gif (54KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
InbreedingMap500.gif
54KB, 500x314px
>>32718285
>Islam is entirely incompatible with the modern world, largely because of the fact that its followers are complete imbeciles.

CAPTCHA: reproduction alogrce
>>
>>32718285
That's nice and all m8, but your country literally excludes millions of people who are from its territory on the basis of their religion and was responsible for their expulsion.
>>
>>32718137
I don't mean "Quantum Thinking". This guy is a bullshit artist. But you should look up on the ideas of Sufism and see what I mean by religion and Islam.
>>
>>32718285
le this
>>
>>32718403
Okay, I think you're mad about something else. Noone can be this butthurt.
>>
File: 1414395538571.jpg (78KB, 569x721px) Image search: [Google]
1414395538571.jpg
78KB, 569x721px
>>32718423
>>
>>32718285
Your argument about the 'worst thing one can do ' is too strawman.
>>
>>32718380
Name me the equivalent of ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, etc in Judaism or Christianity today.

Name me the equivalent of Islam's disgusting practices like beheading, stoning, Shariah Law, etc in Judaism or Christianity today.
>>
>>32718423
Are you implying that Muslims didn't contribute anything scientifically? Have you seen maths?
>>
>>32718474
lisin dude, i you can't prove anything scientificly it is basicly nonsense. (when making extrodinary claims, like the super-natural)
>>
>>32718491
How is the islamic conquest of India and the Mughal empire viewed in India ? like in history classes and so on
>>
>>32718462
Honestly, I'm not gonna cry about this, I'm not interested in having Muslims share my country and live on my back's benefits.

I'm for a two state solution. Let them drive their own territory into the grounds like they did with literally every country ever, and let us prosper and reap the fruits of our labor.

>>32718439
It's honestly this. It's common knowledge that Israel's greatest blessing is that its enemies are very, very stupid and incompetent.
>>
>>32718527
indian and greek >>32717569
>>
There is no place for a religion such as Islam in times like this.
Every muslim should be forced to convert or jailed.
>>
>>32718527
It has been quite a long time since Muslims have contributed anything to science. Why is that?
>>
>>32718492
Crusaders.
Islam was founded later than other religions so we should treat it in it's maturity. Jihadists are neo-crusaders.
>>
How is Yazidi islam any different from the Sunni and Shi'a muslims and why does ISIS hate them so much?
>>
>>32717071
It is a political system that utterly destroys democracy, development and happiness. It is obsessed by death. It is the cancer of mankind.
>>
>>32718585
That's fine.
>>
>>32718650
>crusaders, litterly centuries ago
>>
>>32718489
I'm mad because I'm still seeing fools pedalling this new atheist ideology that is equally pretentious as it is useless in dealing with religion, its a worn out echo chamber that promotes 19th century tier positivist slogans and yet we still find fools like you sharing your epic youtube links years on despite everyone grown tired of you.
>>
>>32718527
I always see this retort. Why do events from so long ago matter today?
Yes, we're grateful you supposedly invented math that long ago.

What since? Why can't you advance science fields like the rest of us do?
>>32718490

why can't you stop being such lunatics with your archaic enforcement of Islam in your countries?

Why do all of our neighbors live in 3rd world conditions while we don't?
>>
>>32718527
That was mostly us, arabs translated indian mathematics.

Anyway, i doubt islam or any religion hasanything to do with science.
>>
>>32717071

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60
>>
>>32718649
They've made gigantic contributions to the sciences of car bombs and other methods of killing innocents in markets and Sbarro pizza restaurants.

>>32718660
Yazidis are not Muslims. It's a separate religion that is related to Zoroastrianism.
>>
>>32718650
He said TODAY. Crusades were 1000 years ago. Just because Islam was founded later doesn't excuse the horrible practices that are done in the name of Islam.
>>
>>32718699
I think you're a teenager who needs some sleep
>>
>>32718550
Science and the soul are two seperate things. What is the very essence of mater? What is under atoms? They have protons and neutrons and electrons, beneath them quarks and when you go down enough you find nothing. Besides, why is that there? It's not about proving something scientifically. Human psychology is explaining us things. It's not only about explaining the currently unexplained by science. Science is not a replacement of religion.
>>
>>32718660
Yazidis are not Muslims. They worship a peacock whos story is eerily similar to that of Lucifer. This has earned them the label of satanists and that is why muslims hate them.
>>
>>32718765
>Implying the crusades were not justified
>>
>>32717071
Any religion that bans pork and alcohol is shit and must be destroyed.
>>
File: 1414613937324.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1414613937324.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>32718727
>>
>>32718650
But again, the only things you can name are from God knows how long.
We're talking about Islam's place in the world -today-.

Today, Muslims, despite being almost a fifth of the world's population by now, are contributing less than a hundredth of what smaller religions are to the world.
Today, Muslim dominated countries are the bottom tier of the world.
Today, the worst crimes in the name of the religion committed around the world are in the name of Islam.

But honestly, it's more about the non-productivity factor.
I wouldn't care so much about Muslims/Arabs getting all hurka durka beheading if they found the cure for cancer on the side, really. Because while extremists are a small minority, unproductive, lazy, stupid, welfare queen Muslims are a majority.
>>
>>32718117

How can you say, as an assyrian, that islam is a neutral force when Muhammad and his predecessors came by the sword to convert
>>
>>32718800
I'm not implying anything. If it were up to me, I'd be less PC about the Islamic problem and issue ultimatums to muslims living in the western world.
>>
File: fddsafsddfad.jpg (134KB, 989x919px) Image search: [Google]
fddsafsddfad.jpg
134KB, 989x919px
>>32718784
>shares reddit atheism links
>calls anyone else a teenager
>>
>>32718680
Centruies ago they may be, but remember that Christianty was also found many centuries before Islam. It takes time for people to understand religion.
>>
File: 1279841675168.jpg (99KB, 1200x904px) Image search: [Google]
1279841675168.jpg
99KB, 1200x904px
Islam is like a time machine. We can see how were retarded and backward people in the middle age in Europe. Hopefully Christian have evolved multiple time to fit with our modern society. Islam not. That's why when Pope Francois said something like "God is not a wizard, evolution and big bang are fact", Muslim keep behead people who don't believe like them and unallow women to do anything.
To resume, Islam is like the Black Plague. A disease from the middle age.
>>
>>32718865
But I didn't get them from Reddit. But thanks for letting everyone know you browse it
>>
>>32717071
The Qoran is a confusing and incomprehensible mess. I never met a muslim who read it or can quote a sure. In my opinion it's also an aesthetically unpleasent religion.
>>
>>32718765
What people do has nothing to do with the ideology. If I supported the team Arsenal, and you supported Manchester United, and if I attacked you for the sake of my team, does that make Arsenal a team for terrorists?
>>
>>32718797
>Human psychology is explaining us things. It's not only about explaining the currently unexplained by science. Science is not a replacement of religion.

Nothing special, you are your brain, made out of matter. Read the links i posted below

>Science and the soul are two seperate things. What is the very essence of mater? What is under atoms?

This is the pseudo-religious nonsense i referd to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton%E2%80%93Babinski_syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_hand_syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemispatial_neglect
>>
>>32718866
That doesn't excuse Islam for barbarous behavior. If you use this excuse, then by your logic, we should treat all muslims like children instead of giving them power to decide their own destiny.
>>
>>32718578
Islamic conquest is seen as downfall of Indian civilisation, it is viewed grimly by most Indians.
Mughals were okay though, they were sufficiently Indianized.

>>32718727
And of course greek/ byzantine advanced culture and science was also adopted by intellectual muslims.
>>
>>32718809
People get violent when they drink if they drink too much and people get worms when they eat pork too much. These kinds of rules are for the 80%.
>>
>>32718852
I hate the Islamic conquests and fuck Muhammad. I mean in terms of what's on paper in the abstract sense. Overall, I think Islam has been a very bad force in the /me/ and all over the world.

>>32718862
Muslims in America though are largely ok. They tend to be wealthy and educated. Also, qt Arab and Paki grills.
>>
>>32718866
no, the islam never had a rennaissance or enlightment. christianity and the european continent in general did have those things.
again>>32717569
>>
>>32718920
You don't need to browse reddit to know black science guy talking about religion is a reddit link, nor does not getting it from reddit mean it isn't still a reddit link
>>
>>32718931
It would if the official charter of Arsenal stated that Manchester United fans should be killed, converted or enslaved and if the founder of Arsenal did just that.
>>
File: american cheese.png (117KB, 731x729px) Image search: [Google]
american cheese.png
117KB, 731x729px
>>32719001
>Muslims in America though are largely ok. They tend to be wealthy and educated.

>steal all of the educated muslims
>the rest of them turn their countries into violent shitpiles
>>
>>32717071
Allah is god and Muhammad is his prophet.
>>
>>32718262
>Christianity itself had a reformation

The Protestant Revolt is hardly worth bragging about and it is the source of all the uneducated stupidity coming from Christianity these days. Luther and Calvin were nothing more than crackpots and so are most American's modern evangelicals

>It went from barbaric toward virtuous humanism

Not at all true.
>>
>>32717071
they are inherently racist and xenophobic, obviously this doesn't apply to immigrants who adopt civilized law, but then again most are savages anyway
>>
>>32718931
It does only if team Arsenal has written statements condoning attacks on Manchester United fans. The Qoran has these verses inside of it and people therefore carry out acts because of these verses.
>>
>>32719049
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPjpqiCxc4o
>>
there is no islam in Europe without social benefits LOL
>>
Islam is cancer just like all the other religions
>>
>>32718993
Yet Muslims are the most violent people on Earth, despite not drinking or eating pork. Must be that Qoran bullshit.
>>
>>32719134
yup
>>
File: 1410732534155.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1410732534155.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>32719060

kek
>>
this is a nice thread and all but check my 6
>>
There are so many "Islam is violent" posts that I can't link to them all, but people who think like that watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzusSqcotDw
>>
>>32719001
>Muslims in America though are largely ok

Well yes, because they live under a western society with western laws. However, if you ask them about terrorism, they are all apathetic. Apathy is the biggest problem in Islam today.
>>
>>32719177
but I have seen the light brother and it is true.
>>
>>32717071
It doesn't conform to the things and/or societies I like so obviously it's false, backwards and me no like.
Because that's how I determine what's true or not, >muh feels :)

>>32719157
>Muslims are the most violent people on Earth, despite not drinking or eating pork. Must be that Qoran bullshit.
this man gets it and has sound logic :^)
>>
>>32719236
fuck that guy, your a joke m8, look at what people really think about you behind close doors where you cant beat the shit out of them
>>
>>32719201
that is not a 6
this is
>>
>caring about religion

not to sound fedora but religion is a pretty shitty concept no matter which one you talk about
islam just happens to be stuck a bit more backwards in time than other religions
>>
>>32719033
What the official charter says is that Manchester United fans are supporting the wrong team and they are dangerous. Think of the context of Islam back then. Aside from muslims were idol worshippers and maniacs. All semitic religions came to the middle east to reform the semitic fucks. Islam shouldn't be regarded as just the Qoran
>>
>>32719068
>The Protestant Revolt is hardly worth bragging about

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day. Protestants broke from the church because of the intellectual hypocrisy within the church and bible. Assuming all Protestants are "dumb" and "undeducated" is pretty dishonest. Almost all American Presidents were Protestants.

>Not at all true
Oh really? Then where is your evidence to support your claim?
>>
Islam and Western culture can't live together.

I have nothing against dirty fucking muslims... I just want them to stay in their side of the world, is that too much to ask? Fucking cockroaches.
>>
>>32718258
Leave my fucking country Muhammad al-Mohammad bin Mohammad
>>
>>32719350
>a bit more
try a lot more, the countries they get their hands on tend to fall back to the tribal age
>>
>>32719350
What about jainism?
>>
>>32719375
>>32719375
>>32719375
>>32719375
>>
File: 1385515391324.jpg (32KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1385515391324.jpg
32KB, 251x251px
>>32719326
Jew magic
>>
>>32717071
> should Islam be gone?
if a nigga would
>>
>>32718285
>The worst an "extremist" Jew could do is charge you more than he would a Jew.

Or bomb you while calling it "mowing the lawn" in the media and then steal your land in the name of Israel because it can't let "the instigators" profit over their calculated plan of "self-genocide" succeed.

>>32718492
>Name me the equivalent of ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, etc in Judaism

The Israeli Military and Government.
>>
>>32719375>>32719368
i wish this as well if islam is so great go practise it in the countries that are islamic and leave europe alone. Instead of dragging us down to their level.
>>
File: voldemort.png (146KB, 312x241px) Image search: [Google]
voldemort.png
146KB, 312x241px
>>32717071
It's what Europe would have been like without the renaissance and the subsequent enlightenment: in order words really fucking shit.
>>
>>32719414
>the countries they get their hands on tend to fall back to the tribal age
keked, but sadly thats truth.
>>
>>32719350
>religion is a shitty concept
>call the thing people across history lived for shit
>disregard all the benefits of religion

ye I'm an atheist is all good :)
>>
>>32719375
So dont give them social benefits you stupid french frog eaters, they will takeover France and then go on for rest of the Europe.
>>
>>32717071
Islam is an interesting religion, but most Muslims are impossible to live with (especially in a non-Muslim society where 90% of them automatically become douchey to "distinguish" themselves).

Most muslims are annoying, hateful, too proud, pervasive, whiny, unstable, always trying to convert others, always bringing conflicts where peace was standing (males and females as well, maybe females are even worse). The problems especially arise when they're too many -- when they become a mass. Individually they're often decent and pleasant; some of them were the most helpful and reliable people I know. Also they're often quite humorous because they have strong values, while white people educated with "tolerant" speeches have weaker values thus look offended about everything ("b-but that's RACIST!!!!") while you'll always find a muslim to crack good jokes about niggers, sex, whores in niqab or whatever.

I'm a Jew.
>>
>>32719497
>diregard all the benefits of religion
really benefits, the evil of religions outweighs the few benefits mate.
>>
>>32719466
>>32719466
>>32719466
>>32719466
>>32719466
>>32719466
Dubs prove
>>
>>32719426
You wont find many Westerners who have a basic clue what Janinism is.
>>
>>32719368
How is idol worship bad?
>>
>>32719236
He is a blatant liar.

Reza Aslan: "FGM has nothing to do with islam"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_female_genital_mutilation#Islam

"the Shafi'i and Hanbali schools of Islamic jurisprudence consider circumcision to be obligatory for both males and females, while the Hanafi and Maliki schools of Islamic jurisprudence consider circumcision to be Sunnah (preferred) for both males and females"
>>
>>32719414
One can argue it's better for the soul than the modernist circus of feminishitism and vegan terrorism

>>32719426
What's that
>>
>>32719375
dont feel bad. the victory of the west over america russia the middle east and africa is inevitable.
>>
File: 1390427964804.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1390427964804.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>32719466
>The Israeli Military and Government.
>>
>>32719426
What do you mean? What is your opinion about Jains? Are they considered retarded in India? I thought they were the Jews of India.
>>
>>32719590
It has no rules to improve humans. Simply believing something is stupid as it doesn't improve social order in any way.
>>
>>32719574
How about hinduism and buddhism?
>>
>>32718650
In defensive response to the Islamic Jihads.

Islam has been attacking Christianity practically nonstop for 1400 years.
>>
>>32719501
As if I had any say in it.

But in the end, I guess we can't blame muzzies for their behavior. It's like leaving food on the floor and getting mad you have bugs in your house. Our politicians should all be hanged for treason.
>>
>>32719556
you should add that, as a jew, all muslims are obliged to hate you. what do you think of that?
>>
>>32719560
There are more idiots than smart people. If all the morons were religious we would have less crime in the world as they would believe that a divine being is watching over them
>>
>>32719556
je suis d'accord 100%
>>
File: 1414582729461.jpg (12KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
1414582729461.jpg
12KB, 300x215px
>>32719608
you think so the opposite seems to happen here in europe
>>
>>32719684
It's better than having rules to degrade humans.

Just answer me this:

How exactly are you not bothered by the fact that child marriage is prominent in the muslim world as a result of Mo sleeping with a 9 year old ?

How can this not disgust you ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7_TKgw1To
>>
>>32719758
typical bran dead turk, go cry in your magic book m8
>>
>>32719708
They have a better idea about both, particularly Buddhism or atleast the variety of it that has become sort of popular among a few liberals here.

Hinduism they have a very superficial understanding of, they just think its about bowing to statues of elephant men and six armed women and thats it, essentially none of the teachings of high Hinduism.
>>
>>32718527
Mostly from Greeks and Indians

Arab contributions are strongly overstated
>>
>>32719497
>mass forced conversions and pointless holy wars for over a thousand years

There are cultural aspects and stuff like that that are pretty nice but otherwise meh
>>
>>32719709
Not Islam, Muslims. Islam is a religion that promotes peace. If a homicidal person decides these kuffars need to be killed he's going to do it because he thinks it's right not because the religion commands it
>>
>>32719758
actually religious people are overrepresented in crime statistics. and atheists, agnostics in science.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlates_of_crime#Religion
>>
>>32719808
>r u mad :DD:DDDDD:DD

I don't think you're bringing anything of worth into this thread. Please leave.
>>
islam a shit
>>
>>32719665
They are usually very rich people and most live in luxury and extravagance. A bit hypocritical since a true jain would forsake all his wealth and even clothes and strive for enlightenment. They're most merchants and I've never seen a poor jain. They're cool and very pacifistic.
>>
>>32719856
Lel

The Messenger of Allah said: "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay zakat."
>>
>>32719856
> Islam is a religion that promotes peace
srsly ? come on

all semitic religions call for war against unbelievers, that is why islam and christianity are the biggest religions on earth. they were spread by violence.
>>
>>32719836
That is not about religion. It's what people who wanted power did. Heads of state spread their religion to get more power and money. Churches collected taxes. Are kings and churches the creators of the religion? They are only people who claim to represent them, and if they are inhuman while doing it it's their fault not the religion's
>>
>>32719954
Respond to this
>>32719807
>>
>>32719954
Allahu Akbar
>>
>>32717621
Yeah but they failed
>>
>>32719880
If you are smart enough you don't need a religion to tell you what is right and what is wrong. You are capable of judging that. But for those who are the majority need a book to tell them. Think of that while reading the first link.
>>
>>32719600
tbf i think his point was that islam didn't INVENT it ... which it didn't; that shits been around since the fucking dinosaurs
>>
>>32719807
Many people in that era slept with children. It is only considered inhuman now. It is not Islam that justifies child marriage, it's the middle ages.
>>
>>32720295
Oh come now Irishbro you're getting desperate.
Islam did not invent beheadings either but its scripture is what perpetuates it. same with fgm and a whole lot of other stuff.
>>
File: 1413120995896.png (185KB, 712x456px) Image search: [Google]
1413120995896.png
185KB, 712x456px
>>32720280
except that those books are full of unethical nonsense.
>>
>>32717621

Getting raped so hard they lost the entire middle east, Constantinople and 1/4th of Europe to them ?
>>
>>32720344
? aisja had sex with muhammed at the age of 9-10 written by al-bukhari
>>
>>32719684
How are mosques and paintings valid but idol is not?
>>
>>32719856
He thinks it's right BECAUSE of Islam. That is the fundamental problem. The other being that Muslims don't speak out about terrorism. They are apathetic.
>>
>>32720411

they didn't had nukes the first time
>>
File: 46289696.jpg (7KB, 249x243px) Image search: [Google]
46289696.jpg
7KB, 249x243px
I converted because I want a qt virgin wife
>>
>>32719954
Neither are you. You're just stating half truths without engaging in discussion or providing evidence. That's why you are getting a lot of shit in this thread.
>>
>>32720344
But Muhammad lived in the middle ages and the idea that his example should be followed (the sunna) perpetuates things like this.
>>
>>32720396
the concept of fighting for allah is not only physical. The concept of Jihad is more of an ideology where people try to spread the word of allah. Don't take the qoran so literally as you wouldn't any other book
>>
>>32719389

u mad bro
>>
File: 1413269193661.png (1MB, 1606x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1413269193661.png
1MB, 1606x1500px
>>32720411
in this pic are some islamic battles, point is we could easly wreck the islamic world today.
>>
>>32720099
Right but I don't see individuals blowing themselves up in the name of God or Yaweh. It's always in the name of Allah.
>>
>>32720468
Mosques were not there at the time of Islam. People prayed at home or together in the streets. Paintings are banned in Islam because they IDOLIZE people. Only miniatures are allowed to tell stories.
>>
>>32720565
this kind of double speak makes the blood boil, it's impossible to argue with someone who keeps moving the goalposts
>>
>>32720449
Yes he did. Back then. When it was socially ok. People also had sex with children before that.
>>
>>32720565
>Don't take the qoran so literally as you wouldn't any other book

this is something religious people have only been saying for the past 80 years, the 1000 years before it, it was the absolute truth meant to be taken litterly. But now it becomes so obvious that it is utter bullshit you guys just move the goalposts and say: "ooo, it was never meant to be taken litterly."
>>
>>32720344
Shouldn't allah's blessed book's laws be valid throughout the ages?

or quran has become invalid and needs a revision now.
>>
>>32719749
Muslims love to hate Jews ("Zionists") on paper, but in reality they always "make an exception" for those they know. The mass of Muslims dislikes an invisible mass of Jews; but individually there is more appreciation than hate, even if this appreciation is somewhat wary ("you never know", etc.).
>>
>>32720683
so you admit that muhammed was just a lunatic, like there were many in those days, proclaiming to be prophets.
>>
>>32720540
I am stating my opinion
>>32720547
It's the misjudgment of the religion that ruins those people.
>>
>>32720377
I know. was going to add that, but couldn't find a way to articulate it in a way that couldn't just be turned right back at me (ie its not only muslims who partake in FGM ... its fairly common in christian areas of Africa too)

though its certainly far more widespread and enthusiastically practiced among muslims
>>
why do muslim hate Jesus?
>>
>>32720621
Then mosques are as unislamic as idols.
only those who worship at home or street are doing it right.
>>
>>32720614
You don't see them now. A few centuries ago you would.
>>32720701
It certainly does. But the general idea consists. The qoran essentially IS a revision. Of the Bible and the Torah. Islam accepts the old prophets and it says that people deviated from the laws He has given to the people.
>>
>>32720600

The bulwark of Christianity was in the middle east when Islam came up.

Especially in the Levant and Byzantine empire. But these lands plus the Balkans and iberia were lost to muslims.

I dislike Muslims but disregarding their military prowess by saying 'we won the crusades guys' is ignorant and false.
>>
>>32720900
i agree
>>
>>32720683

She was playing with dolls

Let that sink in for a moment

He was fucking a kid that was playing with dolls

“…She (may Allah be pleased with her) said:" Then the side of the curtain which was over the dolls of 'Aa'isha (may Allah be pleased with her) was uncovered. He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: What is this, O 'Aa'isha? She said: My dolls. She then said: then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saw amongst them a winged horse which was tied up. He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: What is this? I said: A horse. He said: A horse with two wings? I said: Didn't you hear that Sulaiman (Solomon - peace be upon him) had horses with wings? Then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) laughed"[44. Abu Daawood 3/1373, no. 4914; Saheeh Sunan Abu Daawood 3/932, no. 4123/4932.].

How do you feel about this ?
>>
>>32720896
>A few centuries ago you would.
Pure conjecture. Also, we're talking about today's world, not "a few centuries ago". Your statement is irrelevant.
>The qoran essentially IS a revision. Of the Bible and the Torah
Right. It was revised to suit the needs of a bloodthirsty conqueror named Mohhamed that fucked 9 year old girls.
>>
>>32720757
how do you even-
>>32720796
They don't.
>>32720864
Mosques are not idols. They are places that bring muslims together. There are no idols in Mosques.
>>32720973
I don't need to feel anything about that as that event only concerns the norms of society in that era. We as modern people don't accept that. Why don't we? This idea progressed over time. If a new religion is to come it will ban having sex with kids.
>>
>>32721030
No, we are not talking about today's world. We are talking about Muhammad. He doesn't live in today's world. You cannot judge his actions in this context
>>
>>32721104
>They are places that bring muslims together.
I, for one, really like this idea. It makes muslims easier to target for extermination.
>>
>>32721104
the man had sex with a 9-10 year old that is not something the belongs in the biography of "the prophet sended by god". nothing fucking devine about these people just some inbred sandrats, like jesus, abraham ect...
>>
>>32720099
people still followed muhammad in his consuests of rape and mass murder, people still followed the church through the mass destruction of paganism in europe and then the dark ages, people still followed the crusader kings etc etc etc
and today blood is being shed over temple mount

i really don't mind the cultural contribution of religions but as i said religion is pretty shitty

captcha: savage stureopn
>>
>>32721174
>You cannot judge his actions in this context
I agree with you. However, his actions condone the same kind of behavior in today's world. And the actions in the name of Mohamed committed today CAN be judged. They are BARBARIC.
>>
>>32721189
Well other muslims agree with that as they bomb Shi'a mosques.
>>32721230
Hey at least they brought order. If these people weren't divine their word wouldn't be spread by Europeans(in italic).
>>
>>32721104
>If a new religion is to come it will ban having sex with kids.

So you admit that Islam doesn't ban it.

Will you admit that there are huge problems resulting from the inability of Islam to ban child marriage ?
>>
>>32721284
People are so stupid they don't know what's right in today's context. To understand the Qoran you also need to review it regarding today
>>
>>32721324
Islam doesn't ban it. I don't need to admit that. There is nothing against it in the Qoran as it has been written in those ages
>>
>>32721315
> If these people weren't divine their word wouldn't be spread by Europeans

so all other religions are divine as well ? your god just plays a game with us, spready multiple religions ?
>>
>>32721377
Do you think you have the authority to interpret the word of god?
>>
>>32721435
Well answer the rest of my question.

Will you admit that there are huge problems resulting from the fact that child marriage is permissible under islam ?

I mean shit like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6U2nrRJ4HU
>>
>>32721443
First Judaism was spread. Then people deviated from that. Then Christianity, which was essentially a revision of Judaism. People deviated from that. Then the Qoran. I think you see the pattern.
>>32721474
Why would I need authority?
>>
>>32721545
Yes I do. The Quran is outdated. But what I like about it is the philosophy. The existence of God.
>>
Idols and religious buildings serve the same purpose. People go to building to pray together and people worship an idol together where it is kept. None of those are necesarry, but the point is to allow one to focus.

I understand that idols are not a tradition in Islam, but I have yet to hear a good reason why idol worship is bad.
>>
>>32721315
>Well other muslims agree with that as they bomb Shi'a mosques.
Good. They should kill each other off because they have not contributed anything of value to our world in at least 500 years.
>Hey at least they brought order
That may be. The problem with Mohamed fucking 9 year old girls is that people are inspired to do this today. Jesus didn't do any of that. His actions are timeless and still viewed as moral and good in today's world
>>
>>32721552
your opinion in the muslim world is worthless because it has no authority
>>
>>32721552
yes and...
>>
File: Capture.jpg (88KB, 1261x535px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
88KB, 1261x535px
>>32717071
Can you verify what's being said in this picture?
>>
>>32721621
You are comparing the PLACES of worship to the things worship.
>>
>>32721621
>but I have yet to hear a good reason why idol worship is bad
Because it's fucking retarded? Because if you saw someone speaking to a rock you'd asked them if they needed help? Have they taken their meds that day?

But as soon as you call it "worshipping" the rock instead of talking to it then oh well everything's just fine and dandy
>>
>>32721609
Come on dude spare me that shit about philosophy.

Surely there most be some way to get closer to god without adhering to a religion which prescribes and legitimizes perpetual warfare and enslavement against unbelievers, war rape, death to apostates, child marriages and ridiculous medieval punishments like stoning and dismemberment.
>>
>>32721552
and before judaism there was, eygptian religion, babylonian, greek, roman...
because these idiots stole each others ideas; they somehow must be true ? what kind of logic is that ?
>>
Is it haram to cum on a girls face?
>>
>>32721377
>People are so stupid they don't know what's right in today's context.
There are plenty of smart people who advocate against Islam and the violence it causes.
>To understand the Qoran you also need to review it regarding today
You speak as if anyone who isn't a Muslim can't read, understand and interpret the Qoran. That is the ultimate failure of logic. It has been read by many Westerners and the conclusions are the same:

Islam advocates murder, pedophelia, anti-intellectualism and oppression. That would be ok if people didn't follow these examples, but they do.
>>
I think all religions are cancerous but Islam is a particularly cancerous one. Nowadays, its believers are the most backward, violent and uneducated people on earth.
I can't remember last time I saw christian fundamentalists behead someone.
>>
File: 1403407033885.jpg (1MB, 1650x2550px) Image search: [Google]
1403407033885.jpg
1MB, 1650x2550px
>>32720600
The french truly are our greatest allies
>>
File: 1410367846466.jpg (60KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1410367846466.jpg
60KB, 1024x576px
>>32722112
>>
>>32721912
Why is worship of 'things' bad anyway? Explain it with neutral perspective.
>>
>>32722112
you are right
>>
>>32721792
I looked up that from my copy and it says nothing of that. What it says is to not marry those who are already married.
>>32721996
You said medieval. The Qoran came out in the medieval era. The Qoran is outdated. For the philosophy look up Sufism
>>
>>32722009
Stealing? They recognize the old ones exist. It's like when you make a song and you tell people that I got this inspiration from this other song.
>>
>>32722256
Is this site incorrect then?
http://quran.com/4/24
>>
>>32722064
I didn't say if you are against islam you are stupid. Smart people can advocate against it, but they should look into it more.
Also for following the examples I'm saying that people who follow those examples are not taking today's context into account. What you're saying is completely irrelevant
>>
>>32722332
no stuff like virgin birth, walking over water, angels, demons, ect... all that nonsence has been copied over time it went from religion to religion... nothing new, nothing original, just crap people made up thousands of years ago and is of absolutly no relevance today.
>>
>>32721992
Gods are everywhere in every particle- as hindus say.
Rock is just meant for focus.
People usually do not speak to the rocks,despite shown in movies.
>>
>>32722191

So has been
>>
4chan HATES Islam. Both the Christfags and the fedoramen.

Its sad because I actually have met Muslims IRL and they are nice people. Too many stereotype from FOX News BS. Sad sad and sad. And no I don't think it should be gone, I think diversity is a good thing.

I am Christian btw.
>>
>>32722198
Worshiping things on your own is something bad because you can't profit from it socially. It brings no order and it can only bring more arguments as someone may not recognize another person's idol. This also happens with religion, when people idolize it.
>>
>>32722514
see
>>32703959
>>
>>32722514
I like this guy.
>>32722458
Gods ARE everywhere, as everything that exists is god. All the things in the universe when observed to the smallest degree are the same, it's just how we perceive them makes things different.
>>
>>32722445
That's what you believe.
>>
>>32722712
no that is quite obvious to anyone with a brain, these people didn't know anything about the world the were ignorant people. i mean come on the believed that you can cure diseases by kiling birds, that those diseases were caused by demons...ect all that kind of shit, how can this not be obvious to you ?
>>
>>32722525
I don't know how worshipping idols brought disorder in society, Indians mostly worship idols. What disorder do you see here.

about arguments from those who do not recognize idol- we did not face such an issue here. Maybe it happened in middle east.

why is profitting socially crucial to salvation?
>>
>>32722514
>I actually have met Muslims IRL and they are nice people

Nobody said that Muslims were necessarly all bad. We're talking about their religion here.
I've also meet some perfectly perfectable muslims and many terrible ones. Just see what ISIS is doing these days.
Let me give you an example:
When Tibetan Bhudists monks are opressed, they set themselves on fire as a sign of protestation
When Muslims are opressed, they bomb innocent people, they commit the worst atrocities and generally spread death and devastation.
>>
>>32722712
"believe"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YltEym9H0x4
>>
>>32722658
What are your thoughts on polytheism?
>>
File: Apostasy_laws_in_2013.SVG.png (101KB, 863x443px) Image search: [Google]
Apostasy_laws_in_2013.SVG.png
101KB, 863x443px
>>32722514
you're fucking retarded

>I've met nice muslims
>therefore Islam is good
>muh fox news

Show this to your muslim friends and ask them what they think about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huMu8ihDlVA

"Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
>>
>>32722811
I don't say it always brings disorder.
By social profit I mean order. Look at the arabs. All the religion washed over them they still kill eachother. Because they only think they follow the religion. They need to understand it. Idol worhsiping doesn't tell what's right or what's wrong to those who are reeaaaallly dumb.
>>
>>32722431
>but they should look into it more.
How much more do they have to look into it to agree with everything you say? Are you denying that scholars of history haven't looked into it enough? I smell bullshit.
>I'm saying that people who follow those examples are not taking today's context into account.
You don't make sense. We ARE taking in today's context. People today generally accept that murder is bad, women are generally equal and fucking 9 year olds is bad.

My argument is that people do these things today and do them because Mohamed did them. What Mohamed did does not make it right in today's world. And if you believe it does, you truly think like Muslim terrorists.
>>
>>32722891
I have no problem with it. It's the same thing as monotheism, it just appropriates different tasks in the world to different gods. It all comes down to the same thing. If the polytheistic religion directs humans into the right path I'm okay with it
>>
Thanks to Islam. I became Irreligion.
>>
>>32722514
>I actually have met Muslims IRL and they are nice people.
We aren't arguing about how nice Muslims are. We're arguing about the ideology, idiot.
>>
>>32723099
>You don't make sense. We ARE taking in today's context. People today generally accept that murder is bad, women are generally equal and fucking 9 year olds is bad.
I'm not talking of you I'm talking of those muslims.

>How much more do they have to look into it to agree with everything you say? Are you denying that scholars of history haven't looked into it enough? I smell bullshit.

They are taking it too literally.
>>
>>32723135
According to this brilliant intellectual, you became an atheist because of the colonial zionists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zQMmi6uNXc&list=UUpBvIBfZ-foo5ZbLH5O0N4g

Also how strong is atheism in egypt ?
>>
>>32722844

That's a stereotype though. Only .0001% of Muslims bomb people.

Its like saying "when women are feeling alienated they go home and buy a ton of cats, when men are feeling alienated they shoot up a shopping mall". Yeah sure, men are more likely to be mass shooters. Just like Muslims are more likely to be terrorists. But its a tiny tiny slice of men and a tiny tiny slice of Muslims.

Also if you learn about what Islam really teaches it teaches justice for the oppressed and helping the poor.

>>32722893

That is just one guy, most Muslims wouldn't ever kill anyone. The thing is that a lot of people there are governed by their religion, so apostasy is the same thing as treason. Treason has a death sentence in a lot of places, maybe not France but it does in the USA. So we are no better on that front.

Muslims also consider Jesus Christ to be the messiah and a great prophet, who taught when it comes to death penalty "he who is without sin throw the first stone". If I met the imam I might remind him of that.
>>
>>32723135
thank you ther is hope for the arab world then.
>>
>>32723108
You are quite open minded. Have you ever discussed these things with an imam irl?
>>
>>32723243

The Egyptian guy might be atheist but most irreligion aren't atheists.
>>
>>32723281
>That's a stereotype though. Only .0001% of Muslims bomb people.

but how many do think it is absolutly a great fucking idea
>>
>>32723164

You can't generalize the ideology of Muslims. Different Muslims have different kinds of ideas. Their ideology is projected forward in their behavior and that behavior just happens to be nice normal people.
>>
>>32723404
I don't go to Mosque. There is a mosque being built 20 metres away from me so I think of going there. I am not all muslim, I am a deist, and I think Sufism has a great lesson to teach. That's what real islam is too, sufism.
>>
>>32723281
>>32723484

That is not one guy, that is Sheikh Qaradawi, probably the most influential scholar in Sunni Islam.

But to answer your question about most muslims and the apostasy thing:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/05/01/64-percent-of-muslims-in-egypt-and-pakistan-support-the-death-penalty-for-leaving-islam/
>>
>>32723196
Is there something in quran that says it is open to interpretation and should not be taken too literally?
>>
>>32723417

Not very many. How many Westerners think bombing the Middle East is a good idea?

Fact is that both Muslims and non-Muslims can think of violent stuff. But you shouldn't generalize and Muslims living in the West definitely shouldn't be lumped in with Muslims growing up in a warzone who might be tempted to bomb someone. Why even bring it up? Its like lumping in all men as mass shooters.
>>
>>32723243
LOL, i'm not surprised. Typical answers from a sheikh. Very strong now days but they get caught by the police.
>>32723354
Thank you.
>>
>>32723517
there is no god dude there is just nature and nature has no personality, intelligence, opinions, feelings. nature just is.
>>
>>32723600
>Not very many.

16% of french muslims support ISIS
80% of eygptian muslims think death is an oppropiate punishment for leaving the religion.
>>
>>32723281
>Only .0001% of Muslims bomb people.

Should we compare it to the percentage of christians/budhists/chintoists/jewish or whatever bombing people ?

I can assure without a doubt that muslims kills singlehandly more than all other religions combined.

>Also if you learn about what Islam really teaches it teaches justice for the oppressed and helping the poor.

Just like Christianity right?
I also know that Islam teaches that you must cut your son's prepus, stone an unfaithful wife, kill a non-believer if you can't convert him and marry your 10 years old daughter to your 54 yo brother.
>>
>>32723599
Why should there be? If you are an open minded individual you should be able to observe and analyze the real messages. For example there are many stories in these books. The story of adam and eve, The Lot, Moses and his people when he came back from the mountain etc. All of these stories are to be analyzed, there are messages to be delivered.
>>32723609
Nature is god. God has no opinions, personalities or feelings. The laws of nature are the laws of god
>>
>>32723600
25% of british muslims say 7/7 were justified.
>>
>>32723567

Yep, because they are in the Middle East which has governments based on Islam. Leaving Islam is the same thing as treason in that case.

Notice how most of the Muslims OUTSIDE of the Middle East do NOT support it because in that case, it is no longer treason. Its why separation of Church and State is so important because when the Church IS the State, people cannot choose their own religion. It happened in Europe as well during the Protestant reformation./ Protestants killed Catholics and vice versa. "Treat others as you want to be treated" got thrown out the window because the King said to be Protestant and if you weren't Protestant it looks like you are disobeying the King. (Or the Pope said to be Catholic).

Even then those percentages are even of those Muslims -who believe in Sharia law- which is the strictest form of Islam...so of the STRICTEST form of Muslims only a minority believe in killing apostates, with majorities only in those places where Islam is the same thing as the government.
>>
>>32723909
>>32723909
>>32723909
>>32723909
>>32723909
all of my yes
>>
>>32723841
now you are deluting the defeniton of god to include it in nature, that is just nonsense.
then just call nature, nature. the word god has a proper defenition.
>>
>>32723281
>Actually defending the argument that apostasy is treason

Jesus fucking christ man. Do you realize what you're saying? I've met people who live in terror because they're afraid the fucking state will find out they don't believe in god and fucking execute them. and you're defending that ? really ?
Considering apostasy to be treason is what leads to shit like this:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/29/iran-executes-man-heresy-mohsen-amir-aslani

you bring shame to your flag man.
>>
>>32723681
Maybe in KSA, but here no, they are afraid from the jail.
>>
>>32724085
>>32723909
i think he explained pretty well
>>
>>32724011
You are observing words, not concepts.
>>
>>32723681

So a minority of French support ISIS? Probably they are immigrants from those warzones. Most Muslims see ISIS as wrong.

I addressed apostacy/leaving the religion in >>32723909 also that is only Egyptians Muslims who believe in Sharia Law, the strictest form. And it makes sense since for people in the Middle East, the government is entwined with the religion. This is a major issue which causes a lot of deaths since people have to follow the religion of the government. One of the principles the USA was founded on was freedom of religion because they saw how much fighting it caused in Europe.

>>32723768

>Should we compare it to the percentage of christians/budhists/chintoists/jewish or whatever bombing people ?

Should we compare the % of men who shoot to the % of women who shoot? And then say this makes men all evil? Pretty sure that would make you a sexist, same as this makes you a Islamophobe.

>Just like Christianity right?

Yes in fact they follow the same Jesus Christ. I think you need to meet and talk to real Muslims instead of getting your info about Islam from shady websites, youtube videos and FOX news.

>>32723854

So a minority. OK.
>>
>>32723484
>generalize the ideology
huh? Generalization implies that there is variance underneath. An ideology doesn't vary, therefore cannot be generalized.
>Their ideology is projected forward in their behavior and that behavior just happens to be nice normal people.
It also happens to be terrorists who behead innocent journalists and fly planes into towers to kill more innocent people.
>>
>>32723600
>Their ideology is projected forward in their behavior and that behavior just happens to be nice normal people.
Dude, there have been numerous, credible polls that show non-violent muslims believe terrorist attacks and killing innocents are justified
>>
I think I've made a very successful thread
>>
>>32723909
>Notice how most of the Muslims OUTSIDE of the Middle East do NOT support it because in that case, it is no longer treason.

No. They don't support DEATH PENALTY but they definitely condemn violently abandoning Islam, even in Western countries.
It's literally impossible for a muslim woman to marry a non-muslim for example, she would be killed. And I'm talking about France here.

You're definitely a muslim even if you pretend you're not.
>>
>>32724199
no just pay attention to the language we all agreed on. (what concept ?)
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/god

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nature

>>32724142
what is KSA ? can you say publicly that you aren't muslim anymore ?
>>
>>32724221
please stop being so naive, it is this naivity that is currently destroying europe
>>
>>32724199
Words have meaning and concepts are explained using words.
>>
>>32717161
This.
>>
>>32724357
ellerine verdin ağzına sağlık :D (ateistim bu arada )
>>
i actually kinda like the Qur'an listing to is really relaxing also sometimes i think that islam is true just because of the beautiful language of the quaran
>>
>>32724085

I don't defend it but that is the end result when you don't separate Church and state....when the Church IS the state then yes, apostasy is treason. (Actually I guess in this case its called separation of Mosque and State but same general idea). The key there isn't that Islam is evil, just like Christianity wasn't evil in the Early Modern times. They key is to separate the Church from the State and make it so that people can choose their own religion. This is why religion is doing much better in USA than it ever did in Europe.

Also how would someone find out "you don't believe in God"? This makes no sense. They will read your mind? Tell those people "living in terror" to calm down. I was atheistic for 7 years before I decided to become a Christian and even my family didn't know. Let alone the President of USA.
>>
>>32724364
Are you really believing this? This doesn't happen here. At least in Istanbul, where it is more modern. Modernity and religion are separate things in this vase
>>
>>32724221
>only Egyptians Muslims who believe in Sharia Law, the strictest form.

30% of Egyptians Muslims support Sharia, Muslims Brotherhood, Ansar Bait al-Maqdis and ISIS.

>>32724370

KSA = Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and yes.
>>
>>32724357
that is because islam is a hot topic, especially in europe, not to insult you but muslim immigrants are making a lot of problems here.
>>
>>32717071
FUCK ISLAM
DIRTY CUNTS
>>
>>32724221
>Should we compare the % of men who shoot to the % of women who shoot? And then say this makes men all evil? Pretty sure that would make you a sexist, same as this makes you a Islamophobe.

Lel, you're trying to escape the discussion.
We're talking about islam here. Comparing a religion with your men vs female fantaisies is ridiculous.

> I think you need to meet and talk to real Muslims instead of getting your info about Islam from shady websites, youtube videos and FOX news.

Do you really think that I watch Fox News ? Are you somehow retarded ?
>>
>>32724486
> i think that islam is true just because of the beautiful language of the quaran

wow nice logic
>>
>>32724364
lol in tunsia when a "muslim" women wants to marry a "non muslim " she makes him a "muslim" easy as fuck my friend
>>
>>32724370
The concept of god, not the dictionary definition of him.
>>32724435
You can get over literal words can't you? Understand stuff without words?
>>32724480
Ateist olabilirsin kardeşim benim için gayet iyi. Sadece böyle öğğğ din rezalet bir şey diyenlere gıcığım. Ben de birkaç sene ateisttim
>>
>>32724221
But the punishment for apostacy SHOULD not be death, right?
Their political islam needs serious reformation.
>>
>>32724543
we cause problems in belgium because many of us are poor ,mate. The ones who cause problem are rarely religious they drink alcohols and go to clubs . Not really muslim behavior.
>>
>>32722514
>Most people who hate Muslims are European
>Must be Fox News' fault
>>
>>32724597
nah if ur an arabic speaker ull understand me the quaran language is just unique no one can copy it
>>
>>32724543
Arab immigrants*
>>
>>32724364
What bullshit my cousin married a belgian christian and there was no problem.Stop making shit up, please.
>>
>>32724520

Turkey is not representative of the muslim world since your country is (supposedly) secular.
see:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/05/01/64-percent-of-muslims-in-egypt-and-pakistan-support-the-death-penalty-for-leaving-islam/
>>
File: islamicstate.png (87KB, 727x669px) Image search: [Google]
islamicstate.png
87KB, 727x669px
>>32717071
>>
>>32724654
>The concept of god, not the dictionary definition of him.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/concept

what the hell does that even mean dude you are now just playing linguistic games. tell me than what is for you the difference between nature and god.
>>
File: kill-civilians-2.jpg (51KB, 600x287px) Image search: [Google]
kill-civilians-2.jpg
51KB, 600x287px
>>32724350

Those credible polls show that support of Muslims for terrorism is LOWER than any other group, you mean?? (Pic related).

Funny how that works. And its a minority either way. Not "all". Not even "most"!

>>32724424

Europe isn't being destroyed. Also please realize that Muslims have a long history in Europe as well, Muslims were some of the original people in Spain (before Christians chased them out) and in places such as Albania, Bosnia etc. Most of the Renaissance was caused by Muslim culture coming to Europe from Crusaders who brought it home with them.
>>
>>32724357
Of course, polite discussions on Islam is very rare espcially in 4chan.
>>
To convert to Islam is the only thing you need to do is say the Shahada?

Can't I just go to the Mosque and ask for a wife now because I said it?
>>
>>32724654
edgy ateistlere ben de gıcığım. bi arkadaşım var o da senin gibi sufi /tasavvuf konularında bilgili, oturup onunla din,tanrı tartışması yapmayı muhammed'e küfretmeye tercih ederim
>>
>>32724705
no man you have to understand that: "i think that islam is true just because of the beautiful language of the quaran" is just a retarted reason to believe something.

e.g: OMG, harry poter is so beautifully writtin, therefore it must have really happend.
>>
>>32724755
The muslim world? Every human who is muslim is a part of the muslim world. You also did say supposedly. Our government is becoming more and more islamic as the majority (half of the country) wants an islamic government. The state isn't secular at all now, which can be problematic. But the muslims are 60 million people. Are you excluding 60 million people from the muslim world
>>
>>32724705
"You claim that the evidentiary miracle is present and available, namely, the Koran. You say: "Whoever denies it, let him produce a similar one." Indeed, we shall produce a thousand similar, from the works of rhetoricians, eloquent speakers and valiant poets, which are more appropriately phrased and state the issues more succinctly. They convey the meaning better and their rhymed prose is in better meter. … By God what you say astonishes us! You are talking about a work which recounts ancient myths, and which at the same time is full of contradictions and does not contain any useful information or explanation. Then you say: "Produce something like it"‽"

Ar-Razi, polymath and pioneer in medicine in the middle ages
>>
>>32724731
>What bullshit my cousin married a belgian christian and there was no problem.Stop making shit up, please.

so your cousin is christian or secular now ?
>>
>>32724888
lol i know men bu the language is just different it makes u think who wrote this ?
>>
>>32724800
fuck you dude, i'm really gona move because of this ! i had to deal with these people in real life you have no fucking idea, shut the fuck up please.
>>
>>32724800
I am sure that Byzantine scholars were mostly responsible for renaissance.
>>
>>32724984
some retarted inbred desert people
>>
>>32724792
God is omni present. Isn't that in the definition? What does omni present mean? It means that god is everywhere. So God is in nature? Where in nature? Everywhere. So can't we say that nature is God? Think of it like this, you say things are made of matter. So everything we see is matter. Therefore matter is omni present.
>>
>>32724963
Still a muslim, but she is deep in love so they don't think about religion that much
>>
File: 8e7.png (74KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8e7.png
74KB, 1024x1024px
>>32724221
>Sees that 25% of british muslims say that 7/7 is justified
>Maintains the minority bullshit

Now I know you're baiting, not even americans are this stupid
>>
>>32724892

It generally means every country with a muslim majority.
>>
>>32724911
wow Ar-razi was an atheist didnt know that well if i remember he got killed so yeah it makes sense
>>
>>32724486
LOL
>>32724800
That's not true
>>32724859
Yes

isis stoning woman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9sErAfjD20
>>
>>32725133
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Every country with a muslim majority
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Turkey is not a part of the muslim world

WHAT I DON'T EVEN-
>>
>>32725079
lol i studied desert people poetry its so different from the quaran most of old Arabic poetry talks about women and beer
>>
>>32725092
no because most of the universe is empty, a vacuum. and yes nature is just everything that exists. you have still not explained the difference between "your god" and nature
>>
>>32725208

God you're fucking retarded, Turkey IS part of the muslim world but it IS NOT representative of the said muslim world SINCE it is (SUPPOSEDLY) secular.
>>
>>32724892
It is the constitution and laws that matter. Pakistan has islamix laws so apostates are put to death. Bangladesh is secular so it protects them. Both have above 90% muslims.
>>
>>32725123
i find it odd how stuff like that works, but if they are happy... btw: where are you from ?
>>
>>32725150
fuck off and watch ur shitty comedy and listen to ur shitty music
>>
>>32725266
I didn't say there was a difference. I said they are the same.
>>32725281
Representative? Taking radical islamist countries as representatives is your main fault as you only focus on EXTREME
>>
>>32724537

So only a minority of Muslims believe in Sharia law in Egypt? Earlier poster tried to pass off Sharia Islam as ALL Muslims in Egypt and he wasn't even true of most. Let alone all.

Egypt is a very Middle Eastern nation, where religion and government become synonymous. I never met a Sharia Muslim in Michigan and yes I have even been to Dearborn one of the most Muslim areas in the West. I even sat next to a Muslim woman for a class and was wearing a cross and we got to chat all the time.

>>32724587

>We're talking about islam here. Comparing a religion with your men vs female fantaisies is ridiculous.

Its the same exact thing. Prejudice is prejudice, and it makes you feel the same way it makes other people feel. So should we compare the % of men who shoot to the % of women? I bet more men shoot than women and children combined. I'm trying to teach you empathy.

If you are a Christian, treat Muslims how you want to be treated. That is what Jesus taught. If you are non-religious, remember that not too long ago, you would have faced prejudice in your country as well. If you are Jewish you REALLY need to remember that not too long ago you would have faced prejudice. (Israeli Jewish people need to remember that when they look at Palestine Muslims).

>>32724657

It shouldn't be. I believe in Freedom of Religion. However, that can only come when you don't make religion political. We saw this in Europe back in the olden times every King ordered a different religion and if you disobeyed the King you would be beheaded. Nowadays, in the Middle East the governments are twined with Islam. Turkey is one example of one that ISN'T twined with Islam and guess what? Only a small minority of the Sharia Muslims (the strictest form) believe in the death penalty. I can only imagine its smaller in the USA.
>>
>>32725244
yes and...
>>
>>32725340
so you are an atheist, you just have replaced the word nature with the word god because.... ?
>>
>>32725311
Brussels
>>
>>32725150
what is that guy with the beard saying? What is the woman saying? Why is she being stoned?
>>
>>32725454
You are making no sense. An atheist is someone who doesn't believe god exists. I believe that god exists, but he simply isn't nature. Nature is a part of god, where god is also in our minds.
>>
>>32725471
islam is not native to belgium so you have an immigrant background, that was what i meant, from where is your family.
>>
>>32725393
and quaran isnt made by normal people its made by a god ALLAHU AKBAR SAY THE SHAHADA WITH ME NOW
>>
>>32725072

Byzantines had the most exposure with Islam, later on they became part of the Ottomans which is the largest Islamic nation and a major world power before the USA. (WWI).

>>32725125

It is a minority. Do you know what minority means? <50%. So yes, 25% is a minority.

Europe has more extreme Sharia Muslims than the USA due to poorer immigrants coming from more warzone areas and feeling alienated in their new homes. I bet 25% of Christian/irreligious Brits might've supported the war in Iraq. Does that mean that they are all bad people? What about the other 75%, do they not exist?? Why do you let a minority speak for them?
>>
>>32725508
>You are making no sense. An atheist is someone who doesn't believe god exists. I believe that god exists, but he simply isn't nature. Nature is a part of god, where god is also in our minds.

so you do believe that there is a transcendant, personality that oversees nature, so god.
>>
>>32725545
are you a girl? I want tunisian gf
>>
>>32725340

DId you read the godamn chart?
There isn't a single country from the Arabian Peninsula where most radical islamists are.
Even in Turkey, in YOUR country, 1/5 people considers that apostasy or conversion deserve a death penalty.
>>
>>32725545
ok thank you troll.
>>
>>32725312
What's wrong with you?
>>32725358
You better don't. Just stay away from muslims
>>32725472
I found a subtitled version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNTzBAmJVtA
>>
>>32725519
My parents are 2nd generation immigrants from morocco . My family is here since the 60's.
>>
>>32725649
de rien
>>
>>32725587
Not a personality. I believe that god is the thing in our souls that keeps us human. Overseeing the nature and giving commands isn't what god does, it's what god is. God doesn't give commands, the commands given are what we consider to be ethical. Therefore we are born with god. God is what makes us human.
>>32725630
1/5 muslims consider that is the death penalty not because it is true and should be done but because none of them actually read a page of the qoran.
>>
>>32725545
You're very funny.
>>
>>32725545
Esheduenna elah ellillallah wa eshedu enna mohammeden abduhu wa rasulu
>>
>>32725620
sorry im a hairy and dark skinned male but yeah we have some good girls if ur a 7/10 u can have a great harem
>>
>>32725708
ah ok.
>>32725763
>Overseeing the nature is what god is.
wtf does that mean ?

> I believe that god is the thing in our souls that keeps us human.
and what keeps a bacteria a bacteria, and what keeps a dog a dog ? and what keeps a stone a stone ?
>>
>>32724800
>Those credible polls show that support of Muslims for terrorism is LOWER than any other group, you mean?? (Pic related).
The widely accepted polls are Pew polls. And I'm not referring to polling muslims about killing innocent civilians. These polls addressed the beliefs that it would be OK for apostates to suffer death, for infidels to suffer death, etc.
> And its a minority either way. Not "all". Not even "most"!
Where's your source? IF you don't have evidence, this is pure conjecture and is rendered as complete and utter bullshit.
>>
File: death-penalty.jpg (160KB, 305x599px) Image search: [Google]
death-penalty.jpg
160KB, 305x599px
>>32725340

DId you read the godamn chart?
There isn't a single country from the Arabian Peninsula where most radical islamists are.
Even in Turkey, in YOUR country, 1/5 people considers that apostasy or conversion deserve a death penalty.

>>32725358

No, it's absolutely not the same thing, comparing your twisted view of gender conflicts is in no way comparable to Islam since those things are completely different.
You're accusing me of lack of empathy when Christians and all kinds of non muslims are being massacred, sold in slavery or forced to exile in the Middle East at this very moment.
I have empathy for these people, not for extremist barbarians muslims.
>>
>>32725551
I would say the opposite. Muslims were in contact with Byzantines since their origin and they adopted roman technology and philosophy. Syria was the center of culture and learning and muslims continued it.

I do not know much about ottomans or if they had renaissance.
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 303x167px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 303x167px
>>32725770
thank u adal imem was always my inspiration
>>
>>32725890
We all oversee nature at some point is what I mean.
>>
>>32725956
They didn't. That's why they collapsed.
>>
>>32725906

That chart ONLY refers to Sharia Muslims. Not even all Muslims are included in that chart.

>You're accusing me of lack of empathy when Christians and all kinds of non muslims are being massacred, sold in slavery or forced to exile in the Middle East at this very moment.

Muslims also get hurt and die in warzone areas. Why not have empathy for ALL innocent people?

Those are not my views of gender conflicts. That is me taking YOUR twisted views and putting them on gender, which you might related to better. Here you go:

"You're accusing me of lack of empathy when women and all kinds of children are being murdered, raped or sold in slavery at this very moment. I have empathy for these people, not for extremist barbarians men"
>>
>>32725763
>1/5 muslims consider that is the death penalty not because it is true and should be done but because none of them actually read a page of the qoran.

lel, that's most likely the opposite.
>>
>>32725902

The source is the pic. You can see the "apostates suffer death" thing is a minority if you look at his guys pic: >>32725906

Majority only in a few areas and only among "Sharia Muslims". Not even all Muslims.
>>
>>32726072
No people in Turkey are quite unaware of the real messages of Qoran. There is a video where this guy goes around and asks people what they would do if their relative turned out to be an atheist. They say they would kill them. When asked why they don't have an answer. When asked does it say in the Qoran they say they haven't read it. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY3dc5LL1t8
>>
>>32725987
you lost me dude i can not fathom how the wiring in your brain has to be for any of the pseudo-religieus nonsense to make even the slightest amount of sense.
>>
>>32725312
>not liking egyptian shows and movies
>>
File: 2014-09-02_19-31-34.jpg (69KB, 670x409px) Image search: [Google]
2014-09-02_19-31-34.jpg
69KB, 670x409px
>>32725630
why are you exaggerating
>>
>>32725906
Mec laisse tomber, le ricain est en train de nous troller depuis tout à l'heure. Je pense pas qu'il est sérieux.
>>
>>32726223
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism
>>
>>32726052
>Muslims also get hurt and die in warzone areas. Why not have empathy for ALL innocent people?

They're still killed by muslim extremists as far as I know.

>Those are not my views of gender conflicts.

It doesn't matter, it has nothing to do with Islam.
Men don't kill women and women don't kill men for religious purpose.

According to your logic, muslims are not bad because muslims get killed by muslims too?
>>
>>32726275
they are really bad just they are a mix of Bollywood and shitty Turkish cinema
>>
>>32726286
Moi? Je suis completement serieux
>>
>>32726275
KEK
>>
File: 1413386336716.jpg (2MB, 3538x3424px) Image search: [Google]
1413386336716.jpg
2MB, 3538x3424px
>>32726294
) is a concept in Islam, defined by scholars as the inner, mystical dimension of Islam; others contend that it is a perennial philosophy of existence that pre-dates religion, the expression of which flowered within the Islamic religion.[1] Some hold the notion its essence has also been expressed via other religions and metareligious phenomena, while others believe Sufism to be totally unique within Islam.

really dude ? that is not better than any other cult, sect, religion... basicly deepak chopra type shit.

this is how we aquire knowledge of the natural world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
>>
>>32726286

Bien sûr qu'il est sérieux, c'est seulement un bougnoule frustré qui essaie d'échapper à la réalité en refusant de voir les choses en face : les musulmans sont les seuls au monde, à l'heure actuelle, à massacrer au nom de la religion.
>>
>>32726380
Hey!
>>
>>32726052
>>32726136
There's no such thing as a muslim that isn't a "Sharia Muslim"
>>
>>32726380
exactly

>>32726412
they broadcast old black and white egyptian dramas here on the arabic state channel
breddy good
>>
>>32726449
They are a cult, but their philosophy are a part of Islam. Not all cults are bad. With the scientific method you can only see as far as what you can see with your eyes.
>>
File: fuckingturks.jpg (14KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingturks.jpg
14KB, 400x266px
>>32726468
Yes!
>>
>>32726451
Les seulles? Les croisades etait au nom de Christ
>>
>>32726451
Je parlais de l'américain qui disait qu'il était chrétien, pas de notre op.
>>
>>32726527
>With the scientific method you can only see as far as what you can see with your eyes.

no you can't see atoms or black holes. Also the scientific method works that is we you are using a computer at the moment. no sect, cult, religion has such a track record.
>>
>>32726496
wow Israel really likes Egypt hmmmm i wonder whats the big secret
>>
>>32726471

Yes there is. Sharia is considered the strictest type (no pork, no alcohol etc). Even a minority of Sharia Muslims living in nations such as Turkey, Europe etc. believe in the death penalty for apostates. Majorities are only the case for Sharia Muslims living inthe Middle East, where Islam = the law.
>>
>>32726631
dude i am atheist too but you're literally comparing philosophy with science don't do that (not him)
>>
>>32726595
Ah pardon alors
>>
>>32726318

No, according to my logic, Muslims are not bad because they don't all murder people. Murderers are bad, regardless of religion. Nice people are good, regardless of religion. Why bring religion (or gender, or race) in there unless you just want a reason to be prejudiced?

A minority of men are shooters. A minority of Muslims are terrorists. Most are nice people to get to know.
>>
>>32726639
The war is over, why are you butthurt?
>>
>>32726718
religion is not philosophy. and yes philosophy does not have any explanitory power over nature science has.
>>
>>32726639
we want a big strong leader that does more than he talks like glorious general el sisi
>>
>>32726631
You can see them. You see there is a gravitational pull towards a place you can't see, where light can't escape. Therefore you can see blackholes. You can see the effects of atoms. Therefore you see them. You are thinking with your 5 senses and you call yourself an atheist? If you knew the scientific method you would know that you could see those things
>>
>>32726760
>A minority of men are shooters. A minority of Muslims are terrorists. Most are nice people to get to know.

Again that is not true. you dont live in any Middle East country.
>>
>>32726576

>à l'heure actuelle

Les croisades, c'était il y a un millénaire.
Les européens ont évolué depuis et se sont libérés du joug de la religion et démarré la plus grande avancée scientifique que le monde ait connu.
En un siècle, notre durée de vie a explosé, nous sommes devenus incroyablement riches, nos avancées scientifiques sont sans précédent et nos sociétés n'ont jamais été aussi apaisées, harmonieuses et instruite.
>>
>>32726760
not all nazi murdered peopl, schindler saved some jews therefore there is nothing wrong with national socialism, you know (the non radical form of national socialism)
>>
>>32726834

Religion includes philosophy. It makes no sense either way to whine it doesn't do sciences' job when that isn't what it sets to do.
>>
>>32726136
>"apostates suffer death" thing is a minority
A minority in some of the countries. A majority in others.

49% is a minority number. If 49% believed in death for apostates, that means they're the minority, right? That's the problem. You have to also consider the number of people, not just minority/majority relationship. 49% is too much. 10% is too much.
>>
>>32726834
Why isn't religion philosophy
>>
>>32726652
What you're describing is mainstream Islam. Sharia is the legal system derived from the sum of Islam's holy texts, the quran, the hadith and the biography of Mohammed and his companions.
The definition of apostasy in Islamic thought is denying the existence of god, the truthfullness and finality of mohammed's revelation or and more importantly elements of the sharia which are backed by holy texts.
In other words, being a secular muslim (what you call nonsharia muslim) is a hard position to sustain in the face of people who consider you an apostate and would want to kill you.
An example of that would be secular opposition leaders who were murdered in Tunisia the last few years by islamists.
>>
>>32726880
>You can see them. You see there is a gravitational pull towards a place you can't see, where light can't escape. T

no mate you referd to eyes. besides you are talking about observations and explanitory models, that is not "seeing".
>>
>>32726652
abstaining from pork and alcohol doesn't come from sharia it's straight from the Quran m8.

and again "Sharia Muslim" is a redundancy
>>
>>32726886
>Again that is not true. you dont live in any Middle East country.

Middle East isn't all Muslims and its not most Muslims either. I have been to Dearborn which is the most Muslim places in the West.

>>32726907

Funny you mention that because Nazis were the Islamophobes of their day, except instead of Muslims it was Jews.
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 184x273px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 184x273px
>>32726790
the war will never end ISRAEL MUST BE DESTROYED
>>
>>32726279
Exaggerating? 20% of a population who believes that apostates should die is a HUGE number!
>>
>>32726951
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/philosophy

words, they mean something.
>>
>>32726890
Et peut etre apres des siecles on va voir que les musulmans sont evolue. C'est parce que le religion a venu apres Christianisme. Il prend du temp pour murir
>>
>>32726760
>No, according to my logic, Muslims are not bad because they don't all murder people.

Then if Muslims murder more people than other, we can agree on the fact that they're worse. Right?

>Why bring religion (or gender, or race) in there unless you just want a reason to be prejudiced?

I bring religion because we're talking about religious zealots in here. I'm not talking about your average street murderer, I'm talking about terrorist organizations like ISIS that murder innocent people in the name of Islam. There is no other religion in this world doing the same nowadays which explains why used the term "barbarian" in a precedent post.
>>
>>32727015
>muslims in america post 9/11
>representitive of muslims anywhere

shiggy diggy doo
>>
>>32726989
That IS seeing. You are like an autistic child, you take every single word literally. You have no sense of abstract.
>>
>>32727078

Ce qui est pourri ne mûrit plus.
L'age d'or de l'islam s'est arrêté il y a de cela des siècles, ce qu'il en reste aujourd'hui est triste à voir.
>>
File: 1410729484822.png (551KB, 660x1342px) Image search: [Google]
1410729484822.png
551KB, 660x1342px
>>32727015
>Funny you mention that because Nazis were the Islamophobes of their day, except instead of Muslims it was Jews.

seriously ? you can't be serious ! i can't remember the last time jews caused such a shitload of problems in my city (i live in antwerp, lot of jews here as well, but they behave normally)
>>
>>32727125
Let's say you started a breast cancer fund. Then you hear some guy cut off breasts of healthy women for you. Did you tell him to do that? Should you be blamed for it?
>>
>>32727033
>ye i swear guys we're totally commited to peace with israel it;\s the jews who dont want peace
>>
>>32726940
>A minority in some of the countries. A majority in others.

Yes in the middle eastern nations where religion and the state are intertwined, where apostacy is essentially treason against the government. We have death penalty for treason as well. Thankfully our government has separation of Church and State and we get free choice. This means most Muslims over here will not support it.

>49% is a minority number. If 49% believed in death for apostates, that means they're the minority, right?

Yes. Seriously, why do you think its okay to condemn ALL of the Muslims based on the beliefs of the minority? Why not just disagree with people you disagree with? Why do you need to generalize to ALL Muslims? Sure, 10% is too much....why bash the other 90% for that 10% though? Even if it was 90% I would be careful not to say that they are all Muslims. Let alone if they were 10%.
>>
>>32727053
who favors sharia law. if you look at rhe pic i posted it's %5 it is still a lot though
>>
>>32726760
>Muslims are not bad because they don't all murder people.
I don't think anyone is saying all muslims are bad. What's being said is that:
1. Islam is oppressive, has barbaric laws and promotes violence, slavery and rape
2. A disproportionate amount of terrorists are Muslim
3. Most Muslims are apathetic when it comes to condemning terrorism, which puts them in a bad light and makes people question whether or no they support terrorism
>>
>>32727209
Il etait jamais une age d'or pour Islam. Pour les empires musulmans oui mais pas pour islam. On a besoin d'un reforme.
>>
>>32727140
>That IS seeing. You are like an autistic child,
no, no, no don't play those games you constantly delute words reintrepret them ect... therefore we need a proper defenition of those words, i have met people like you before, you just hide behind linguistics so people don't notice that you have no real arguments.
>>
>>32727287
I think those in the 3. bullet point are too fucking tired to be labeled as terrorists so they prefer not answer
>>
>>32727247
only Palestinians say dat all other arabs are always dreaming about a second Holocaust
>>
>>32727347
I have a real argument. You are completely ignoring it by focusing on my vocabulary
>>
>>32727125
>Then if Muslims murder more people than other, we can agree on the fact that they're worse. Right?

Only if you agree that men are worse than women. Do you?

Before you accuse me of twisted gender views, these are your twisted views being put onto a different type of human difference.

>>32726996

Not all Muslims in the poll said they were Sharia Muslims though so what about them? Not all Muslims are Sharia just like not all Christians are Traditionalists.
>>
>>32727252
>where apostacy is essentially treason against the government.
Except its not. Beheadings, stoning and other punishments are carried out by local tribes too, whether or not they have governance over that area or not. That's what the Taliban did. They imposed Sharia law in moderate areas and doled out punishments accordingly.

Let's be clear here, this isn't treason against government. It's treason against the religion.
>why do you think its okay to condemn ALL of the Muslims
I'm not. I'm saying:
1. Islam is oppressive, has barbaric laws and promotes violence, slavery and rape
2. A disproportionate amount of terrorists are Muslim
3. Most Muslims are apathetic when it comes to condemning terrorism, which puts them in a bad light and makes people question whether or no they support terrorism
>>
>>32727078
We don't have time my dear turkish friend. Look at the middle east and the world right now, so many nations are bleeding because muslims want to impose sharia in the parts in which they reside and recreate the old empire.

We have many countries that are basically dying (Somalia, Yemen, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Pakistan) as a result of this ideological push.

We have multiples muslim groups like ISIS, Boko Haram and Abu Sayaff who are proud of the fact that they reinstituted slavery... in 2014.

>>32727295
I don't think it can be reformed. The example that Mo set is one that should not be followed if we are to have peace.
>>
>>32727226

But I don't blame you, I'm just saying that Islam is the worst religion and its believes the worst too.
>>
>>32727442
well then state your argument, logicly useing words properly ! (you know useing words in how they are actually defined)
>>
>>32727449
are you a muslim it sounds like you are.>>32727225
>>
>>32727393
But they did answer. Look at the poll numbers. It shows that many countries have a majority of citizens that believe apostates should die. Even having a "Minority" of citizens that believe this is significant, because the minority countries still have huge numbers who believe it.
>>
>>32717071
Fuck you OP, stop emberassing Turks.

yobaz c*mar seni
>>
>>32727497
wow french you have god-tier English
>>
>>32727075

>Investigation of the nature, causes, or principles of reality, knowledge, or values, based on logical reasoning rather than empirical methods

how is religion isn't philosophy ?
>>
File: 1349445635596.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1349445635596.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>32727449
>Only if you agree that men are worse than women. Do you?

When it comes to kill and commit physical agressions? Then yes, this is quite an irrefutable fact.

The same logic applies to muslims.
>>
File: europe_terror-02.png (6KB, 301x396px) Image search: [Google]
europe_terror-02.png
6KB, 301x396px
>>32727287

1) Is wrong, no Muslims I know of support slavery or rape. A tiny minority maybe support violence but then again, so do Christians and atheists (small minority).

2) Is maybe right, but think about where there is a lot of warzones....the Middle East. There is disproportionate number of Muslim terrorists because there is a disproportionate number of warzones in Muslim areas. In Europe only a very tiny % of terrorist attacks are Muslims. (Pic related).

3) And still many Muslims do condemn terrorism, people just don't listen to Muslims or talk to them about THEIR feelings they just focus on what Fox News, or other biased sources say what Muslims think. Instead of talking and getting to know and even (gasp) befriend a real Muslim.
>>
>>32727565

Isn't it obvious?
>>
File: 1413400318449.png (495KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1413400318449.png
495KB, 1500x1000px
>>32727449
>so what about them?
...well perhaps...they're not...Muslim!

>just like not all Christians are Traditionalists
So by that you mean bad Christians. In fact maybe they're so bad at being Christian that they might not actually be Christian!
>>
>>32727627
> based on logical reasoning

religion does this based on dogma.
>>
>>32727517
I believe that everything that exists is one thing, and that when we go into things enough we see that only different combinations of the same thing is what makes things different. I say that people are born with a sense of ethics and of god, which makes them human and not animals.
>>32727492
Mohammed was a man that lived in the medieval era. Taking every action of his as a way of living is stupid enough. Things have changed. The qoran needs a revision, but Islam is a beautiful religion with good messages. The reason they have strict laws is to scare people from commiting the crimes.
>>32727497
Well I am the guy who started the fund so I am God in that context. I am not just a guy in the fund.
>>32727601
C*mar?

Also it's getting late so I gotta go. Bye!
>>
>>32727666
>And still many Muslims do condemn terrorism, people just don't listen to Muslims or talk to them about THEIR feelings they just focus on what Fox News,

dude i have to live with these people, please ! feelings, most (not all) but most of them are just scum
>>
>>32727841
bonne nuit the guy whose great grandpa ruined my country
>>
>>32727923
My great grandpa wasn't even from the Ottoman empire. He was a tartar in crimea
>>
>>32727841

>Well I am the guy who started the fund so I am God in that context. I am not just a guy in the fund.

In what context? I don't blame god, I blame muslims.
>>
>>32727841
>I believe that everything that exists is one thing.
what is that thing ? thins is very broad, that sentence is extremely vague.
>I say that people are born with a sense of ethics and of god, which makes them human and not animals
yes for evolutionary biological reasons, also you do not think that animals have ethics, moral codes ? the i have news for you ...
>>
>>32727565

I'm not I am a Christian and I can even post pic of me wearing a cross necklace.

>>32727648

OK then. Then Muslims are "worse" when it comes to terrorism (by a few % and not in the West where they are less likely to support it, see >>32724800)

But how would you feel if people said stuff like "why don't more men condemn these shootings?" or say "why not just target men for security screenings?" or "I don't want any men in my neighborhood they are ruining Europe" or "better not be any men in my school I don't want to get raped or killed!"

You'd probably feel like crap. You didn't do anything wrong but people are blaming you for what other men did. Why not just treat others as you want to be treated?

If you are a woman imagine if that happened to your son or your bf.
>>
>>32727981
You blame Islam which made by god.
>>
>>32727955
fuckkk eill tartars ruined the abbasi caliphate so fuck u tartar
>>
>>32727759

Jesus wasn't traditionalist. Mohammad I am not sure but in general, this kind of thing is about how you prefer and how you choose to serve God.
>>
>>32728058
i wish people like you just lived for one week in schaerbeek or molenbeek, just to get a tast of islam.
>>
>>32728064

wut
Islam was made by men, more precisely by an arab caravan raider having hallucinations in a cave.
>>
>>32728000
There is a word for that thing: god. God is omni present.
>>32728000
What moral codes do animals have? They are only emotions to their loved ones.
>>
>>32728144
That
Is
What
You
Believe
>>
>>32728200

lel.
You have believes, not me.
>>
>>32717071
Atheist here.

I see it as more violent than Christianity. Not for intrinsic reasons, just because Muslims [unlike Christians, Orthodox and Protestants] still take their fairy tales seriously.

The Quran is just a collection of blah blah blahs, as the Bible; you'll find one or another nice stuff in both, but drowned in an ocean of piss.

You can find "deeper meanings" in it in the same way you can find sheep-shaped clouds.

I think it should be gone; but only because, seriously, I want to see religion gone. We already have enough reasons to kill each other, religions add yet another. However, I don't give a fuck about the believers themselves, as long as they DO NOT ANNOY ME.
>>
>>32728058
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OyoCDnqbg8
this is what islam does in my country.
>>32728148
>There is a word for that thing: god. God is omni present.
so you believe that everything in the universe is god, and god has a proper defenition (omni present personality with an intellect opinions ect...)
>What moral codes do animals have? They are only emotions to their loved ones.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_morality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moral_Animal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_morality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals,_Men_and_Morals
>>
>>32728289
*tips fedora*
>>
>>32728324
I will read those articles. But no I really gtg.

It was nice discussing these with you all!
>>
>>32728120

What % Muslim are they? Dearborn is 1/3 Arab Muslim and yes I have been there.
>>
>>32728200
Dude at one point Mo sees his son-in-laws wife naked by accident and gets excited so god decrees a verse that allows him to marry her.

At another point his buddies come looking for him in his wives households which pissed him off so god decrees a verse to tell them to fuck off.

idk but it seems like he made it up as he went along.
>>
>>32728371
*tips fedora* is associated with militant Atheists; I'm not, I'm just stating my opinions because OP asked them.
>>
>>32727822
>>32727822
atheists doesn't find religion logical (inculuding me) but other people may find logic in it (like the other turk poster). and it is none of our business to decide what is locigal and what is not
>>
>>32728289

Fedora terminology aside, I take my religion very seriously and I am not violent. Sorry but you are wrong here. Violent people are violent usually because yes they were raised in a violent area such as a warzone in the Middle East or a violent home.
>>
>>32728424
it is logic is important to finding stuff out, nobody has "their own logic" that does not exist. just like there is no "personal truth". logic is universal.
>>32728400
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OyoCDnqbg8
i hate their guts, i have to deal with these kind of people. And people like you excuse them by saying: "o, it is just a tiny minority..."
>>
>>32728547

It IS a tiny minority, even that video knows its not all Muslims who believe that. And even that guy doesn't seem to be a murderer.

Again, what % of those areas are Muslim? Have you tried getting to know them as people and as friends?
>>
>>32728058

>Muslims are "worse" when it comes to terrorism (by a few % and not in the West where they are less likely to support it

Not only to terrorism by the way but you're right, by the way you know that most terrorist attacks happen in muslim countries since you people make sense.

>You'd probably feel like crap

Of course I would, I would also aknowledge that most muslims are backward violent people.

We have a lot of them in my country.
The only thing they're good for is filling our jails, selling drugs and behaving like apes.
You have niggers? We have muslims. And muslims are much worse.
>>
>>32728473
I'm talking about _peoples_, not about _persons_: yeah, you can find one or another surprisingly calm zealot, but odds are that, in a zealotland, people are more eager to die and kill for their religion.

And regarding the Middle East, they're violent now; but in the Middle Ages, Christians and Protestants were killing each other for smaller shit than ME does now. Then secularism arrived, and the society in general stopped taking the religion so seriously.
>>
>>32728670
>And even that guy doesn't seem to be a murderer.
o so than it so no fucking problem, that my sister gets called a whore by these kind of people. (btw, this guy is on trail now)
>It IS a tiny minority
funny that is meet this minority so often.
>Have you tried getting to know them as people and as friends?
yes, but you can't speak to them in a normal fashion.

i want to point out i don't hate all muslims though, it is just that they as a group are insufferable people. And i really think you are a muslim
>>
>>32728752

No. I already explained it but essentially pre-separation of church and state, religious disobedience is seen the same as treason. I take my religion more seriously than King Henry VIII did his, but he killed people because if you weren't following his religion that was seen as going against him.
>>
>>32728852

Once again I can post a pic of me wearing a cross necklace.

Point is that if you generalize ALL Muslims for what only some do?

What do you think of men "as a group"?
>>
>>32728547
people see what they want to see in those religious texts. and this creates a illusion of logic. anyway i believe reliogion is a matter of faith if you don't have it you don't need a scientific evidence to become a atheist. gotta sleep now *pics fedora
>>
besmaleh el rahman el rahim
>>
>>32728955
>I already explained it but essentially pre-separation of church and state, religious disobedience is seen the same as treason

That's bullshit though, religious turmoils ceased in Europe in the 17th century and the laws of separation of church and state happened much later.
France: 1905
Germany: 1949
Italy: 1947
Spain: 1966
Sweden: 2000
UK : 1998
>>
>>32729009
>Point is that if you generalize ALL Muslims for what only some do?

I don't i is just that a very high proportion of muslims is quite radical and insufferable.

>What do you think of men "as a group"?
i know what you are trying to say, men commit most of the crimes so... yeah, i understand but the VAST majority of men aren't violent criminals, i don't have that expirience with muslims; at all. And i'm really not kidding my sister, my friends, I, we all talked about moving to Canada, because the situation is getting out of hand here in europe, these people will be our downfall.
>>
>>32728955
The very fact you preach separation of Church and State and not, say, one being enforced by the other, is a sign that you don't take your religion seriously enough to consider it "the only truth". Mind you that, when compared with lots of modern Muslims, both you and Henry VIII would look "casual" in your beliefs.

Another thing that popped up in my head now: the role of individualism in modern Western societies, something relatively recent that didn't affect most of the Muslim world. This has a huge impact in the view of the religion, so while we Westerners see it more as "private affair", they see it as a good reason to bring on violence.
>>
>>32729018
ok bye friend
>>
>>32727666
>no Muslims I know of
Anecdotal evidence isn't scientific. Just because the muslims you know behave in one way, doesn't mean all muslims behave in that way
>A tiny minority maybe support violence but then again, so do Christians and atheists
You have no evidence for this claim, which means its complete bullshit. Previous posters provide tons of evidence supporting that muslims believe in death for apostates/infidels, etc.
> but think about where there is a lot of warzones
And why are there a lot of warzones? Someone has to make war, it doesn't just spring up from nowhere.

>There is disproportionate number of Muslim terrorists because there is a disproportionate number of warzones in Muslim areas
So during the Vietnam and Korean wars (where both countries in their entirety were warzones), why were there no Vietnamese or Korean terrorists?
> people just don't listen to Muslims or talk to them about THEIR feelings they just focus on what Fox News
Are you kidding me? Muslims get air time ALL THE TIME! Just watch some of these videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=muslim+debate
>Fox News, or other biased sources
there is no such thing as an unbiased source. MSNBC is one of the most biased. Fox news gets shit because internet posters are younger and tend to be more liberal
>talking and getting to know and even (gasp) befriend a real Muslim.
Again, I'm not arguing against muslims as people. I'm arguing that the problems we're seeing come from the ideology of Islam and the people who ascribe to that ideology. I have muslim friends, all of which are moderate and great people.
>>
>>32729155
Alahu Akbar brother
>>
>>32729234

I do consider my religion to be the only truth. And I am not casual one bit. I am more strict than probably most Muslims or Henry VIII.

>>32729201

Religious freedom then.
Thread posts: 479
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.