[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna start doing a web comic but i dont have that much time

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I wanna start doing a web comic but i dont have that much time to shit out a whole chapter every week. Do i have to make that up with good art if i only update once a month with 10 or so pictures?
>kinda pic related i guess
>>
>>2778550
is one of your goals to make money?
>>
>>2778559
Someday it would be nice to life from it, but first i wanna know if people like my stuff.
>>
>>2778559
Don't we all
>>
>>2778579
one day, but not today

>>2778570
keep in mind that there already are heaps and heaps of bad webcomics.
there's a lot of well drawn korean "webcomics" too, so you would need to be something special t b h.
also good luck keeping up with all those homoerotic novels.
>>
>>2778550
Web comics releases I see on tapastic ranges from biweekly to irregular basis -- similar to releases of One Punch Man.

Just draw at your own pace. Dialogue, plot storyline is what's important in comics anyway. But if you want to create a story like Jojo, it better be somehow entertaining and have less plotholes.
>>
>>2778550
>Do i have to make that up with good art if i only update once a month with 10 or so pictures?

10 pictures a month is basically a regular webcomic update schedule. Other than really cheap stick figure gag comics, barely any webcomic updates more than 3 times a week which is ~12 pages per month. There are also lots of successful webcomics who update only once or twice a week. The important thing is to update weekly and regularly.
>>
>>2778612
>>2778550

Wait, just to clarify, when I read "pictures" I thought you meant pages. Did you mean 1 page with 10 panels per month? In that case, yeah, that would most likely be too little to gain momentum as an unknown artist no matter how good the art.
>>
>>2778616
No i meant 10 pages per month, for me its important to show, not tell.
>>
>>2778622
10 pages is really decent from what I've seen. What genre do you want your comic to be if you don't mind asking?
>>
>>2778550
monthly's alright, it's not that uncommon in manga
>>
You can do whatever you want, because no one is going to read it.

Deep down, you know this to be true.
>>
>>2778624
Drama and light fantasy in a modern setting, i also like the idea of changing the main character after a while.
>>
>>2778736
that actually sounds interesting, if you manage to get it running remember to post it here one day.
>>
>>2778550
>Those shoes

How? Everything else was pretty good for weebshit
>>
>>2778631
Serialized monthly manga usually has over 20 pages format, average 40 or so
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.