[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of fucking learning to draw, if you forget

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1253463488721.jpg (83KB, 645x608px) Image search: [Google]
1253463488721.jpg
83KB, 645x608px
What's the point of fucking learning to draw, if you forget everything in a moment. I took a break for a month because i had quite huge personal issues which couldnt let me to focus and so on... and now I dont know a damn thing. I have to get through tedious basic stuff which only makes me frustrated. How much fun
>>
>>2389873
The worst part is going through basics made me hate drawing so much and now I have to go back to this shithole where i cant draw nothing I would like to.
>>
>>2389873
cry me a river dickface
/ic/ isnt your personal blog
>>
>>2389901
kys
>>
>>2389904
fuck you asshole tell me where you life ill fuck u up with my friend augusta and hendrick
>>
How long have you been drawing before you stopped?
How long have you been drawing since you started again?

These are both pretty important details. If you'd been drawing for a long time beforehand, consistently, you'll get back on the saddle just fine in a couple weeks. If you've been drawing for a month then stopped for a month, yeah, you're going to forget some shit.
>>
>>2389909
m8 you are putting a death sentence on yourself
>>
>>2389873
You should open up a blogsplot so I can keep up-to-date with your thoughts.
>>
>>2389901
lel
>>
>>2389913
I'm also curious about this.

I mean, as a beginner, I can't see how you would forget most the stuff about drawing, it just seems so natural. The only think I can see getting a bit rusty are the lines, but about 20 hours of line exercises should fix that.

Am I wrong here?
>>
>>2389873
wonder project j pino pls
>>
>>2390056
no i'd say you're right about that.
i can't imagine op really caressed that knowledge if he forget it in an apparently short period of time.
>>
>>2389873
after you do that a few times you won't be able to forget it anymore.
sure, you'll still drop in skill when taking long breaks, but with only a few days practice you'll be back in form.

>>2390056
there's a lot of details you can forget.
>>
People forget things all the time anon, nothing ever stays concrete, it happens to all artists.

Once you learn something however, it's easier to pick it up again. Each time you forget the remembering part gets easier. The forgetting part should not be an issue as long as you keep trying. The problem is when you stop trying.
>>
>>2389873
why are you so bad that you forget things so easily?
>>
>>2390532
I mean you forget "some" things, but as a whole it doesn't put you so far behind. You forget the specifics but not the ideas, and the ideas are the important things. Your body loses some coordination but that's just a matter of erasing shit until you get back in stride.
>>
If you write notes next to your study and analyze them, you shall find that your memory for them will be better retained, and if you have forgotten, you can look again and recall.
>>
... what kind of person forgets how to draw?

That's like forgetting how to ride a bike. You might get "rusty" or be unsteady when you start up again, but... forget?!
>>
>>2389916
>>2389909
Hah, look at them.Look at them and laugh.
>>
>>2391020
you need a rope asap
>>
this thread i am laffin
>>
>>2389873
Our visual libraries expand even when we aren't working. We always take in visual things and expand what our brain knows and the visual library it has. And even though you Stopped drawing, you never stopped looking at other peoples art, or looking at life itself. Because of this, your vision grew past your talent. your really not much worse since you left off. its more a matter of your perspective growing while you didn't. don't give up because its something you will be fighting for the rest of your artistic journey
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.