[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you guys form a schedule to draw? Personally, I draw

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

How did you guys form a schedule to draw?

Personally, I draw for an "hour" every day no matter what. I tend to stop if I begin to feel like I really don't want to do it anymore so long as I finish at least 1 study. Even if it only takes 40 minutes.

I avoid turning it into a slog especially since I work 10 hour days at my job.

I think that if you push yourself too hard every day you will quit, but if you go just far enough comfortably you will stick to it for years. Whatever you do, you want to avoid turning doing studies into a negative thing.

I believe that drawing a little bit every day is better than quick spurts of hard studying.

So what do you do /ic/?
>>
no
I just draw, study
all day
its fun
>>
>>2386657
Well I actually find drawing fun so...
>>
>>2386657
op (or anyone), do you have a certain schedule of what you draw?
>>
>>2386917
I mainly do still lifes for 4 days and then I stop for a day and I do a drawing from imagination to see my progress.

>>2386778
I find it fun to, but only when I'm drawing from imagination.

Studies are problematic for me as I find no joy from copying what I see. They can be fun sometimes, but most of the time for me they aren't.

>>2386733
I wish I could do what you do.
If I didn't have to work I probably would.
>>
I dont have a daily schedule, but I do hava an monthly study schdule.
For example at 7.2. I did some neck muscle studies.
The study scedule is loosely based on the Aguri's fundamental guide
>>
LAS
LAS
LAS
LAS
>>
>>2386778
That has nothing to do with anything. Anyone can turn the most enjoyable of activities into a chore and lose track of why they're even doing it and why it was fun to them in the first place. It's the difference in approach between just drawing when you feel like it (which may be all day every day) and doing your hours. Stop jerking yourself off by pretending you're better than others because they don't have le magic spark of wanting to draw that you have inside.
>>
>>2387067
Don't see as a study, see as a part-time activity that will help you later, ignore the time you waste on it
Trust me, it will help you one way or another and you will get better, clear your mind and draw, the more you do the better you become
If you're studying anatomy you can really STUDY, when you see something that you didn't knew you go "hoooly shit so that's why the arm looks on this way, cool!" and then you draw, you use what you had learned
Have fun man
>>
>>2387067
>copying what I see
you are doing it wrong
>>
>>2388484
I'm deconstructing it and drawing through the object, but it still feels like copying what I see to me.
>>
>>2388497

Do a turnaround fag
>>
>>2388611
>turnaround

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>2389267

I think he means take the object you're copying, and try to draw it in a few other directions, as if you had turned it around. The goal becomes trying to imagine and draw it from the other sides.
>>
File: JUST DO IT.png (98KB, 1626x326px) Image search: [Google]
JUST DO IT.png
98KB, 1626x326px
>>2386657
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.