[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright if I don't call this done I'll spend another

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1454730026917.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1454730026917.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Alright if I don't call this done I'll spend another week on it.

There aren't lines, admittedly I got lazy and used lines in some parts, but if you're doing graphite correctly you don't use lines, you use blocks of shading. The point is to mimic real life where there aren't outlines on things, just different shades. Obviously I didn't do it very well.
>>
before you lose total confidence because of some asshol lemme say you got some good things going on here
>>
>>2384092
Oh?
>>
I'm the artist but I did not post this on this board, some faggot from a /tg/ drawthread did it to be an asshole and take me down a peg because I turned down some advice and the whole thread threw a hissyfit over it.

To summarize, the advice was to use lineweight because things are too blurry. My response was that that wasn't a useful critique because the method specifically isn't supposed to use lines.

But hey, since they went out of their way to post it here for you guys to "chew you off and tell you the truth about what you've done" I might as well hear how much I suck.
>>
>>2384110
You whiny, prissy cunt.

Literally the first response says you've got good work. Put your ego down for a minute and at ease yourself.
>>
>>2384112
Just figured I would provide some context to a fairly out of the blue thread. And then finish with a self deprecating joke to try and keep the mood light.
Obviously I have failed to keep the mood light.
>>
File: 1454736105646.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1454736105646.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Thank god you don't use lines!
>>
>>2384110
I guess I "started" it all. If it's any consolation, I didnt mean to piss you off nor did I start this thread - which I agree is unnecessary.

Maybe it was just some miscommunication or misinterpretation. By line weight I simply mean, more weight/pressure in your strokes/shading.
>>
>>2384110
>take me down a peg

I just went and found the /tg/ drawthread to see for myself.

You seem like you deserved it.
>>
>>2384123
hear, hear
>>
>>2384123

seconded, or thirded or whatever
>>
>>2384128
>>2384126
Concurred.
>>
>>2384121
Dude you're the only person who didn't do anything wrong. I get that you were just offering advice, it just wasn't helpful. Though now that you clarify it I can see what you meant, and that is helpful. I'm used to hearing "lineweight" refer exclusively to the thickness of lines. It makes a lot more sense as a critique if you're referring to shading in general.

It's everyone else who threw a shitfit,
>>2384123
>>2384126
>>2384128
>>2384131
/shrug
>>2384118
I mentioned that I got lazy in a few parts, though three of those circles are supposed to be thin shadows on thin objects, not lines. Though again, it's my fault the piece isn't reading right, if I wasn't lazy towards the end and bad at art in general I'm sure it would read a lot better. The fact that it has ANY lines is proof I fucking suck at what I tried to do.
I'm not defending the piece, I know it doesn't look good. The only point in contention is that I was trying to avoid lines and therefore wouldn't benefit from lineweight, though now I know that they meant something entirely different by the term "lineweight"
>>
Now hug and make up.
>>
>>2384139
>Three text walls "not defending the piece"

Aww man...
>>
>>2384139
>>2384154
the mildly retarded guy in that draw thread typed less than this anon, I'd wager
>>
>>2384155
Don't be like that...
I'm pretty sure they are both mildly retarded at this point
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.