[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you get through this? I know I need to master the absolute

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 01.jpg (90KB, 679x904px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
90KB, 679x904px
How did you get through this?

I know I need to master the absolute basics before doing anything but drawing lines and cubes is so demotivating when you have this idea of how good you want to be. I feel like once I would enter the stage where I can produce half-decent drawings I would be a lot more motivated to work on improving myself. But I just can't find the drive to get there even though I know there is no way around it and I do want to be able to draw.
>>
>>2382982
>How did you get through this?
I didn't.

...Why am I still here?
>>
>>2382982
Why are you asking, it says right one there. You persevere, you keep working, keep pushing, until eventually you get there.

"You've just gotta fight your way through."
>>
>>2382982
>master the absolute basics before doing anything but drawing lines and cubes
This is how autists think. You've seen 5 year olds paint before haven't you?

Don't fear colours, work on your skills as a whole. This isn't some hierarchy of shit to be learned. I mean, I didn't really get values until I started painting. It clicked when I was able to create a single-value flat painting with all the values encoded in warm/cool contrast.

We're all going to make it brah. That or become fucking photocopiers.
>>
>>2383017
/thread
>>
I try to focus on exercises but if I have trouble I get frustrated to a point where I am unable to focus again. I just can't get rid of this desire to rush because I started so late. And because of my age I am harder on myself and more demanding.
>>
>>2383017
This
>>
You decide on your long term goals, which will inform the choices you make when selecting your short term goals.
>>
Keep every single shitty drawing you make, but don't look at them.

Draw for a couple months, then compare your shitty current drawings with your shitty drawings from before.

It should shift your perspective.

The better you already are, the longer you need to wait, though.
>>
>We get into it because we have good taste

What a joke of a statement.

I want to get to a professional level in animation and illustration because I'm incredibly low-brow. I want to draw fantastic idealized characters in motion. Hourglass framed females with tits and ass for days, brutal male warriors with huge muscles and 2-litre sized moose knuckles like I wish I was. I have indescribably shit taste and I want the opportunity to revel in it as much as possible and share it with others and I'm willing to work my little balls off to get to that level.
>>
I don't know how old you are op but your mindset is all wrong.
To be proficient in art is a passion based effort turned into a lifestyle.
To me, the question you are really asking us is " How do I deal with hardship and delayed gratification?".
Art isn't your problem. The struggle isn't the true issue .
The problem is you.
>>
>>2382982
t.b.h. f.a.m.
>>
Honestly you just gtta accept that your gonna be fuckin trash before you get better and you'll improve nicely, Look at all the people who are delusional and narcissistic out there who never improve because they are so defensive over any bad critique and think their special snowflakes but in reality are shit. Gotta be willing to suffer and go through the struggle senpai.
>>
>>2383511
I'm sorry sir but that doesn't sound like bad taste, that just sounds like deliciously fun low brow.
>>
>>2382982
No one ever tells beginners this....

But after the initial git gud shit... there is a wall.

And most people can't break through it.
Good luck, maybe u can anon! :)
>>
File: young_sick_bacchus.jpg (82KB, 541x800px) Image search: [Google]
young_sick_bacchus.jpg
82KB, 541x800px
>>2382982
Why did you start learning in the first place? Make time for you personal projects/ pieces, no matter how much you might dislike the results. It gives you a context for all those abstract fundamentals. It will test how much you've learned and give you a tangible reason to improve, as opposed to just grinding away for the sake if it.

>>2383511
Dionysian impulse =\= shit taste
That's half of the fun.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.