[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Previous Thread >>2377741 Post your current drawing h

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 106

File: Asian.png (315KB, 617x709px) Image search: [Google]
Asian.png
315KB, 617x709px
Previous Thread >>2377741

Post your current drawing here and give constructive critique to others!

Please make sure your posted image is clear, downsized to around 1000 pixels wide, rotated to the correct orientation, and that any unused space is cropped.
If you want critique on a drawing from the previous thread, you can delete it there and repost in this one.

>dA /ic/ group :
http://4chan-ic.deviantart.com

>/ic/ Resources/Reference/Downloads/Links:

>General resources :
http://sites.google.com/site/4chanic/
http://sites.google.com/site/artandwhatnot/
http://characterdesigns.com/
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3.html
http://finaltrinity.tumblr.com/post/13163064364/art-references-tumblr-accounts

>fellowBro's books :
http://mediafire.com/?i44dwzkf9j9n8

>Figure Drawing Tool:
http://pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php
http://posemaniacs.com/

>Photoshop Brushes
http://cgsociety.org/index.php/CGSFeatures/CGSFeatureSpecial/tower_of_evilzz
>>
File: square.jpg (96KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
square.jpg
96KB, 600x776px
wip, thoughts on what to improve?
>>
File: betta babbu.jpg (1MB, 2000x1854px) Image search: [Google]
betta babbu.jpg
1MB, 2000x1854px
I fucked up a lot of stuff and need some help fixing it. Any help is appreciated.
>>
File: image (2).jpg (985KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image (2).jpg
985KB, 3264x2448px
Pic related is what I'm working with to make an analogously colored painting. I'm doing it with the warmer side of the wheel, reds and yellows and what not.

I'll try and post the painting itself, but its so early on that its hardly worth it. Basically, on a cooler neutral grey layer, I colored the tin object in the middle a bright yellow. I found it difficult to find a neutral and warm color that could be used to mass that in. The darker area, the right side of it, ended up being greener which I'm not sure I like.

Should I mix a yellow with a grey for that?
What color would you start with?

Not a drawing, by the way. I know.

I have an umber stained canvas ready. Would that be more ideal to build warm onto than a cool grey?
I'm considering starting over because the object modeling/measurements are also off. Mostly, that bright yellow is atrocious though.
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-03+at+10.10.13).jpg (307KB, 1300x759px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-03+at+10.10.13).jpg
307KB, 1300x759px
Repost, thread went old right after I posted, I hope that's ok.

---------

These sketches are really messy. I'm still working on the ability to completely establish a good form and volume. I think I still have problems with facial anatomy, not to mention figures. The whole "draw not what you think, but what you see" idea is something that I really need to wrap my brain around when working with reference.

>>2381030
(from the old thread)
You have a really interesting way of blocking in! You should check your values though (in black an white), try to really push the character as your focal point.
>>
File: Capture.png (100KB, 206x261px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
100KB, 206x261px
>>2381017
I know he's Asian, however you my friend are drawing in symbols, I don't know what to say to you. Loomis I guess. Eye studies? idk how to fix the problem but there is a problem.
>>
File: image.jpg (644KB, 1904x2385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
644KB, 1904x2385px
>>2381031
Sorry for photo on its side.

Here's my human shit.
>>
File: 1400220348261.jpg (78KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
1400220348261.jpg
78KB, 500x590px
>>2381040
This might help.
>>
OP, please next time write DRAW THREAD in the subject field, it's not that hard.
>>
>>2381093
also why make a new one if the last one is in page 4, hmmm
>>
>>2381157
3*
>>
>>2381157
gotta catch the spotlight gotta do it
>>
>>2381157
Hell, he made it when the thread was still on page 1. He was just thirsty as fuck to have his pic as the OP.
>>
>>2381056
nice ref, thanks!
>>
File: lunchbreaklookinassdude.jpg (137KB, 721x657px) Image search: [Google]
lunchbreaklookinassdude.jpg
137KB, 721x657px
Quick lunch break doodle, might do some more work on it
>>
File: 2.jpg (583KB, 710x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
583KB, 710x1000px
First time taking something from thumbnail to finish all in one go. Critiques are appreciated.
Cheers.
>>
File: 42c.png (556KB, 646x900px) Image search: [Google]
42c.png
556KB, 646x900px
I'm having trouble figuring out how to make the scene more dramatic value & color-wise. Crits on everything else would be really great too.
>>
File: viod skets.jpg (529KB, 1579x1116px) Image search: [Google]
viod skets.jpg
529KB, 1579x1116px
>>2381245
i think that to spice it up, you could definitely use composition to your aid. reverse diagonal composition can be very good in showcasing dramatic actions. with your composition it seems like it's an ordinary act happening by a tavern or something, just another guy getting killed, but in my quick sketch you can already feel that it's a bit more dramatic. the key is kind of engulfing the viewer. the framing and composition. (i don't draw very well, but i hope you understand what i mean.)
>>
>>2381251
Ah, yeah. I was too much of a wuss to pursue something like that while I was brainstorming composition. I don't feel like my ability is up to par for taking on challenges like that yet, but I suppose I should just start trying.
I think I'm going to try finishing this current piece for practice in rendering anyway. Thank you for taking the time to write and draw that out, though!
>>
File: void sketch.jpg (736KB, 1263x893px) Image search: [Google]
void sketch.jpg
736KB, 1263x893px
>>2381245
>>2381251
look, i tweaked the composition a bit and added a bit of colours. also to make things more dramatic, use colours to your effect. rendering shadows in cold. for an example in your image the victim is rendered in warm tones. bump those down to cold, he'll seem more dead.
>>
>>2381264
it's nothing.
also, you could watch this until minute 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUmV_gfAbxQ
>>
>>2381267
>>2381265
Will do! These are good tips all around, what with the evenness especially. I'll be trying to figure these things out.
Cheers.
>>
File: Stein colour7.jpg (3MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Stein colour7.jpg
3MB, 2480x3508px
>>2378385

Continued.
>>
>>2381289
Fucking faggot, resize your images and study anatomy. Motherfucker your faces and hands are so bad I would kill myself.
>>
>>2381292

Thank you, I think I will.
>>
File: alley3.jpg (2MB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
alley3.jpg
2MB, 1500x1200px
>>
File: ch0mpy.png (894KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ch0mpy.png
894KB, 1000x1500px
>WIP

rendering is a bitch,
>>
>>2381162
>>2381161
>>2381157

I only sincerely hated looking at the ugly ginger fuck with tumblr nose.
>>
i really love it when op doesnt post link to the new thread
faggot
>>
>>2381367

I did.
>>
>>2381371
Sorry.
>>
>>2381358
>he hates the board-tan
muh board culture
>>
>>2381215
next time dont use your own pic as the header when you have fundamental drawing issues

>>2381023
how is that gun being held up? His leg has good stability, but when I try to imagine the character moving around in different poses I'm not sure about the nature of that gun. Is it attached to his leg, or some other device?

Good sense of light though, it's good to not be confused about that. Keep it up.

>>2381244
congrats finishing an illustration, shit isn't easy (thats why most people post sketches or messy wips here). I would focus your attention to your hands, the hand holding the dagger feels small and awkward in comparison to the solidity of the body that you achieved. Also dat left arm.

>>2381338
Good job rendering, I love the different textures you have here. You have some nice intensity in his eyes, but I feel like perhaps in terms of portraiture the character is a little inconsistent. He has a very soft feminine mouth, but those hard eyebrows kind of betray that. I feel like that's subjective, though. Keep up the hard work.
>>
>>2381040

How the fuck is he drawing in symbols? I swear to god the symbol drawing phrase is becoming a retarded meme.
>>
>>2381423
I know. it just looks poorly constructed and rendered. flat.
>>
>>2381429

WELL HOLY SHIT

IT MIGHT BE

HOL UP

IT MIGHT BE

HOL UP

IT MIGHT BE

HOL UP

MIGHT

BE

HOL

UP

IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE IT'S A WIP

Jesus christ, anon.
>>
Not that artist but how exactly do you "construct" it and make it look "not flat" without shading. I try to draw eyes and it still looks like shit, and I try following Prokos video to a T. But for whatever reason it's still shit.
>>
>>2381435
Two things: one, your WIPs can look good if your underlaying structure is good. YYes, you can make it look good later, after 10 edits, but you could nail it in the first steps and make the whole thing faster and easier if you're gud. No one can blame you for one of the most common problems of all, of course, but it being a WIP is not quite the best excuse. And second, go back to /tv/.

This is my first post in the thread btw, no samefag.
>>
>>2381455

Well then, mr. expert, what "steps" does he need to do exactly to nail it? And don't give me that "he needs outdated useless loomis" bullshit.
>>
>>2381461
you need sticky
>>
>>2381419

>nitpicking symbol drawing of an asian man in a character design

If you're gonna nitpick, at least do it right. The problem was rendering, not construction. I doubt he even has the pic at the resolution necessary to draw the pointless eye bullshit.
>>
>>2381468

I've been to the damn sticky. I don't draw that symbol shit, I draw in 3D yet it still looks like shit apparently. I don't know what the deal is.
>>
>>2381471
Color (stop using blackish color, learn how color and light works), construction and volume and composition...
>>
File: Captureic.png (25KB, 162x168px) Image search: [Google]
Captureic.png
25KB, 162x168px
>>2381017

I know it's a swastika, however you my friend are drawing in symbols, I don't know what to say to you. Nazis I guess. German studies? idk how to fix the problem but there is a problem.
>>
>>2381474

I was trying to do the same exact shit that Proko is doing in his eye construction video, making sure to try to add depth and everything, and make the eye look like his, and I did the top plane of the bottom lid and vice versa, yet I still got accused of symbol drawing.

>>2381477
aaand this proves in, symbol drawing has become loomis in terms of meme shitposting.
>>
>>2381479

The reason why OP is getting nitpicked is because it's low rez. By default it will look symbolish and shit. It looks like it's a character design so I don't know what the hell that anon is going on about.

What you need to avoid is low rez of any sort and make sure you aren't using a shitty brush. Stay away from round hard brushes as your general brush and try using half/hard chalks.
>>
>>2381487

well it seems like unless you're drawing a photocopy of an actual picture, you're automatically symbol drawing. Which is retarded
>>
File: aye.png (26KB, 510x309px) Image search: [Google]
aye.png
26KB, 510x309px
>>2381448
Prokopenko draws them with shadow shapes. If you want to construct without shadow, then you have to understand its 3 dimensional form, and make the forms overlap appropriately.
pic related is a sketch of what that might look like.

in terms of protrusion, note that the corrugator (red), overlaps the orbicularis oculi (orange), which overlaps the palpebral muscle (green)
>>
>>2381488

Symbol drawing means you're just drawing by recognition and copying. This means that you need to follow a formula and rules to make sure every part is actually constructed like lego pieces fitting together. The funny thing is, symbol drawing is only super obvious with and beginners autists and becomes less obvious when you improve a bit. People who constantly throw around "symbol drawing" actually mean they don't like your construction and/or are retarded.
>>
>>2381490
I did that, the overlapping, and yet still got called symbol drawing.
>>
I'd KILL to be able to do character sketches like this guy. But knowing /ic/, he's just "another symbol drawing faggot"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA1IP6B4gd8
>>
>>2381491

I might add that symbol drawing becomes harder to detect and more pointless to call out on the more stylized you try to make something look.
>>
>>2381495

Then you might have just run into a bitter retard, anon.
>>
>>2381497
>mechanical pencil
>>
>>2381419
>next time dont use your own pic as the header when you have fundamental drawing issues

i'm not OP. just complimenting a nice ref, but i agree with this statement of yours.
>>
>>2381503

whats the problem?
>>
File: bleheyes.png (591KB, 2549x3299px) Image search: [Google]
bleheyes.png
591KB, 2549x3299px
Like, here are quick sketches of eyes I did. And got chewed to shit saying I'm symbol drawing
>>
File: qtπ.jpg (209KB, 680x962px) Image search: [Google]
qtπ.jpg
209KB, 680x962px
chill guys
>>
>>2381526

you need loomis, your construction is shit
>>
>>2381461
Mileage, perhaps. I'm not entirely sure, as I probably wouldn't be here if I was good enough.
>>
File: ffhhg.jpg (36KB, 1000x582px) Image search: [Google]
ffhhg.jpg
36KB, 1000x582px
>>
>>2381549

Your fundamentals suck, stop symbol drawing.
>>
>>2381526
SYMBOL DRAWING
>>
>>2381521

Well it may be bad but it's not symbol drawing, it's a start.
>>
>>2381526

Your symbol drawing is shit anon.
>>
File: 1454567111719.png (405KB, 617x709px) Image search: [Google]
1454567111719.png
405KB, 617x709px
>>2381435
>>2381017

Anon your frustration is understandable but there really are underlying problems in your picture and they aren't symbol drawing even though that can be an actual problem.

First of all your light source is really undefined which flattens the image a lot, is it coming from the right? Left? above? All of them? Stick to one for now and decide the source of the light even before you start drawing, just stick and arrow somewhere to show the direction of the light.

Secondly you have couple really bad rendering issues which also flatten the image and make it look really weird. First is problem is your edges, its problem almost everywhere
but its most easily noticed in the cheeks, The edge you drew on them is hard, the value shift is extremely sudden making it cubic, make the shift softer, more akin to a cylinder or a ball (I will post a couple pics after this post to explain my point more clearly). The second rendering problem comes because of how you use color, the shading in the cheeks and in the chin is done with almost completely black brown, it makes it look dirty or muddy (hence the term muddy colors). I recommend just reading more into color theory for this, just basic knowledge of how colors work and act together will help you avoid this pitfall. Third rendering issue is
that besides the highlights and the muddy shading is all almost the exactly same value, and the background being the same value makes it even worse and flat looking. Try to stick to really clear light and shadow patterns avoiding mumbling in the middle. You could do couple straight up black and white value studies trying to combat this. 4th issue is the highlights
you splattered them all over his face and this again flattens the image, put them in last and be quite conservative with the amount you put in since the amount now is way too many.

>>2381552
>>2381558
>>2381477
Please stop, you aren't helping anyone. Especially people who actually suffer from symbol drawing.
>>
> ITT: Symbol drawing
>>
File: Explanations.png (363KB, 769x621px) Image search: [Google]
Explanations.png
363KB, 769x621px
>>2381618
>>
File: Kekkerino.png (389KB, 383x509px) Image search: [Google]
Kekkerino.png
389KB, 383x509px
>>2381625
The point here that is most important is number 3. Its a completely different beast when you do line drawings but since yours is a painting using tone and value, the principles apply.
>>
>>2381435

Wasn't me.

>>2381618

But I appreciate your advice, anon.
>>
File: fags.jpg (182KB, 892x551px) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
182KB, 892x551px
this one's called "fags"
>>
>>2381687
Damn, seems like someone else was having a bad day then I hope he got it vented out now, well anyways I hope the critique was actually useful.

What helped me greatly with my values was actually painting and drawing in grey scale for a while. Also if you don't want to do that at least make a value check layer. Make a new color layer and fill it with pure black, when you turn it visible it turns everything into grey scale and if it doesn't look good like that you need to rework your values.
>>
>>2381497
Man I really hate it when people draw faces one feature at a time instead of constructing the head as a whole. It always leads to the structure being totally jacked up and the face doesn't have a good flow to it.
>>
>>2381017
can all you retards from /pol please go back to where you belong?
>>
>>2381521
>>2381591
Those actually are symbols though. Those eyes are exactly what is meant by the phrase symbol drawing. They show no understanding of form, no representation of light and shadow. They're a flat, lifelessly uniform contoured stand-in, with the most basic information needed to recognize that it's *supposed* to be an eye without creating the illusion of looking at a real eye. Understanding the difference between actual symbol drawing and illustrative drawing is crucial and it looks like there are some people here who aren't getting it.
>>
>>2381733
> no understanding of form

I drew them as 3D fucking forms, I drew "around the eye" as if it was a ball, I drew the top/bottom planes.

I was told you don't NEED shading/tone to make it look 3D. Like proko.

I will work on shading/etc when I get to it, but what is "wrong" with it. What exactly is making it look NOT 3D. Instead of just telling me "lol symbol drawing".
>>
File: LaurenceFishburnelookinassdude.jpg (126KB, 721x657px) Image search: [Google]
LaurenceFishburnelookinassdude.jpg
126KB, 721x657px
>>2381241
1 hour 30-ish
>>
>>2381738
True, you don't need shading to make something not look like a symbol but I'm not talking about shading. The eyes you drew are symbols. You did not draw around the eye like it was a ball, the eye you drew gives absolutely no sense of having a spherical shape because you didn't place the lines effectively. The proportion of iris to pupil and of those to the cornea is cartoonish at best, nothing like those of a real eye. Illustrative drawing is about creating the illusion of looking at real forms and those eyes are nowhere near completing that illusion. It's a symbol that stands in for the idea of an eye, it's not conveying the illusion of looking at an eye. Look at the bottom half of right page in pic related. Your eyes are in the left column, illustrations are in the right column. Yes drawings are all symbols but if you want to do illustrations it's important to know the difference between flat symbols and ones meant to resemble real forms.
>>
File: idk2.png (418KB, 1124x869px) Image search: [Google]
idk2.png
418KB, 1124x869px
this thread looks salty today, grayscale and overlayed an idiot color
>>
>>2381738
>>2381763
And yes I realize in the right column there's an eye symbol, but I'm talking about his explanation of the different kinds of icons. It's impossible to sum up his entire explanation of abstract forms in one picture, I spent forever searching around for what I thought was the most pertinent part.
>>
File: girl (2).jpg (921KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
girl (2).jpg
921KB, 2560x1920px
I drew a girl
>>
File: girl3.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
girl3.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
and another one
>>
>>2381772

Get loomis you talentless fuck
>>
>>2381772
Turn your photos when posting them oh god please

btw you need to study some face construction, take a look at michael hampson books.
>>
>>2381763

well then how am I supposed to place said lines? I was going off of prokos videos doing exactly what he did.
>>
>>2381775
Yeah sorry.
I dont know why but it always happens with fotos from my phone. On my pc they are both vertical but when i upload them here they rotate for some reason.
>>
>>2381549
i actually kind of like those
>>
Fuck me, /ic/. I'm into digital now and I can do whatever I can imagine, I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities and... I can't think of a single work to tackle. Is this lack of inspiration? is this the result of barely doing finished work over recent years and instead grinding like a motherfucker while having fun at that? why can't I even imagine what is cool or fun enough for me to do right now over the span of a few days to then post on my facebook or whatever? why is my brain going "nope" at the idea and how do I make it stop to fucking start drawing something nice and complete?
>>
File: wip.jpg (341KB, 1077x915px) Image search: [Google]
wip.jpg
341KB, 1077x915px
WIP, im try to practice creating better color pallets. any suggestions?
also yes, my construction may be crap. pointers are always nice
>>
>>2381804

you lack fundamentals/construction, you need loomis.
>>
>>2381815
lol
>>
File: ic-eyeexample.jpg (50KB, 845x759px) Image search: [Google]
ic-eyeexample.jpg
50KB, 845x759px
>>2381776
Following tutorials won't get you there. Even once you know the steps and even once you know the anatomy, you will have to put in mileage which means drawing forms over and over and training your brain to transpose 3D forms onto a flat 2D plane. You'll need to study forms from life, and study how other artists translate those forms with their lines to be able to understand why the lines are where and shaped as they are. Probably the best start is drawing shapes like cubes and pyramids and cylinders and drawing them from rotated views. Also realize a drawing is not one and done. You construct a drawing from a gesture, building shapes, and then you draw the final lines. Using this process you project for yourself where the lines need to be placed based on your knowledge of form and anatomy, correct your projection, then place the lines. Also realize this will take time and try not to let yourself be frustrated by not getting it "right" even when you know what you need to do.
>>
>>2381822

i'm sick of drawing plain cubes/etc. I've BEEN doing that. You can't improve if you get sick of doing something.
>>
>>2381831
Well I said that's the best place to start. If you've already started and feel you need to move on, move on. You won't improve without pushing yourself to go further anyway. Understanding this difference will help you know what to aim for along the way. If you're going to push yourself on anatomy, you can still learn and practice what drawing those shapes would teach you. In that case you need to take your reference whether it's life or photo or someone else's drawing, and very VERY carefully observe every detail and try to recreate it. Don't just throw a line down and say "yeah, that looks close enough". Compare it closely, overlay it if you can. See how the lines are curving to make it look like they're wrapping around an object. See how some lines are thick and dark in some places and thin and broken in others to convey light and shadow. Absorb as much info as you can and if you fail to translate it, try again. That's really all you can do.
>>
>>2381831
Not that anon, but I asume you already know how to basic forms then. Move on, draw something you like, do you like T-Rexes? they have cool heads, specially in Jurassic Park, and such a cool head will look like shit in certain positions, unless you analize it and understand how the form of it all works, if you do you'll be able to draw a cool T-Rex and possibly many other cool things.
>>
>>2381841

My main problem is drawing angled/curved lines as they are.

For example, I'm looking at this shit across the road. I either have to hold my pencil at the angle the line going away from me is at, the side plane I mean. Or I have to ghost over it a million times to get it anywhere near the angle the line is at.

It just feels like holding your pencil over a line to get the exact angle right isn't a good tactic.

I know there is the "clock" method but still.

>>2381843
My MAIN focus is to do character art, to do comics, 3D modeling blueprints, etc.
>>
>>2381815
Im currently practicing. perhaps pointing out the flaws would be more constructive..
>>
>>2381031
Please.
>>
>>2381857

the flaws are you suck, and need to go back to basics.
>>
>>2381862
How insightful
>>
>>2381855
>t just feels like holding your pencil over a line to get the exact angle right isn't a good tactic.
It is though. I've done it myself a million times. I used to use a transparent drafting ruler with a grid on it to make exact measurements and line things up as perfectly as I could while I was drawing. People thought I was crazy obviously but it worked for me and now I don't need to do all that shit anymore, I can just draw whatever I want. People will always say there's just one way and while I believe that everyone has to go through the same basic growth chart, the methods you use to learn what you need to learn can be whatever in the world makes you understand it.
>>
>>2381857
Ignore him, just a troll, he's probally worse than everyone here.
>>
File: image.jpg (743KB, 1458x986px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
743KB, 1458x986px
I've hit a wall
>>
>>2381978
you have a unique atmosphere in your drawing, but you need to work on perspective and visual hierarchy. The latter is something that could be resolved with color.
>>
>>2381526
Is it just me or That hand looks like plastic?
>>
>>2381978
you need subtler and more consistent articulation of form

dig the patterning
>>
File: ForbiddenAffections.png (363KB, 1437x1271px) Image search: [Google]
ForbiddenAffections.png
363KB, 1437x1271px
Hard to find refs for how cloth folds on hips, anyone got any good lookabouts?
>>
>>2381764
... i may want this as a wallpaper, where are you going with it?
>>
File: grimeskill.png (1MB, 603x1000px) Image search: [Google]
grimeskill.png
1MB, 603x1000px
>>2381017
>>
>>2381978
the wall you hit is directly due to lack of fundamentals, i aint even messing with you.
your work is highly stylized, nothing wrong with that. but i would suggest you hit the books for a long while and practice your fundys and then go back and apply this style on top of that brick and motar.
>>
>>2382097
Avoid blues on the lower portion of her face. That's what beard shadow is and it makes her look 100% like a man. Also, she needs more volume/size in her cranium. The skull is bigger (taller) than that, and hair adds a lot more on top of that.
>>
File: image.jpg (390KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
390KB, 1280x960px
Damn guys thanks for the suggestions! I was prepared to get lambasted but it's pretty nice to hear what I'm missing and what can be improved upon.

>>2381993
>>2382038

I assume that both of you are making the same point that my line work is abit sloppy in defining foregrounds and backgrounds and what not right? I feel that problem too, my stuff tends to blend together, any suggestions on what I can do to improve on that?

Do I need different pens or maybe I should try shading it with pencil? (Although I feel like that would make it look abit weird)

>>2382099
I've been told that I lack fundamentals before too, I'll keep that in mind, do you notice any really glaring fundamental mistakes that I should rectify first and foremost before working on other areas? Thank you!

Also here's something older
>>
>>2382170
>glaring fundamental mistakes
everything is very flat.
proportions and perspective on the human figure is all over the place.
its pretty obvious.
>>
File: barb29 png.png (327KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
barb29 png.png
327KB, 900x1165px
Been idly detailing parts of this while I wait for my girlfriend to get home to do a reference shoot.
>>
>>2381978
its beautiful, the proportions on the guy are off and shading would really help. i love your style
>>
File: image.jpg (603KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
603KB, 1536x2048px
Did some portrait studies. can I get a crit? Wife said it was bad and the nose looked broken.
>>
>>2382254
It's not horrible. The facial features are pretty crooked (easy fix if you were working digital), hair is shitty.. probably other shit I can't really identify.
>>
>>2382254
wife was right but its close to being good
>>
>>2382263
What could I fix on the next go around? I see the eyes are uneven now.
>>
>>2382265
thinner nose, lighter shading on the area the nose and brow meet. smaller eyes and the jaw is very masculine. honestly if you were drawing a man there wouldnt be much to change...thats my opinion atleast
>>
>>2382282
the eyebrows and lips are the only feminine parts so far
>>
File: image.jpg (286KB, 1280x1919px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286KB, 1280x1919px
>>2382282
Here's the reference I used.
>>
>>2381419

Thanks for your crits on >>2381244

On the one hand, I wanted to keep his hands small and wiry to emphasise his age and weakness, to push the idea that he was someone who relied on intelligence rather than strength. But on the other, I can see how that weakens the drawing. I'll work on hand and arm form stuff soon.
>>
>>2382290
yup thinner nose and less sharp jawline, the rest is shading so an easy fix
>>
File: image.jpg (629KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
629KB, 1536x2048px
>>2382304
How's this? I slimmed down the jawline and thinned the highlight on the nose.
>>
>>2382325
jawline is good, the nose is crooked and uneven but the reference is also this way so its unavoidable. you could take creative liberty or just focus on shading. nice work
>>
File: WIP01.jpg (187KB, 1000x743px) Image search: [Google]
WIP01.jpg
187KB, 1000x743px
>>2381017
>>
>>2382338
Thanks breh
>>
>>2382447
pretty good mayne , now finish it
>>
File: Face-Practice.jpg (53KB, 1000x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Face-Practice.jpg
53KB, 1000x1016px
Just some practice for the night.
>>
>>2382239
you have a good sense of depth, the skin looks a bit plastic and the irises are too small. wtf perspective on the weapons too
>>
>>2381804
hey, dont listend to the trolls
face is good, i would give him a bit more of a solid/shorter neck and broader shoulders, the ear looks v 2d make it line up with the rest of the cranium bc ears aren't paper. Good colour choice, decent composition
>>
>>2382526
Thanks, the weapons (and hands) are just placeholders until I get some ref.
>>
File: jghghjg.jpg (654KB, 750x978px) Image search: [Google]
jghghjg.jpg
654KB, 750x978px
>>
>>2382539
gorgeous senpai
>>
>>2382539
Interesting but the proportions are all over the place.
>>
>>2382539
Work on the values/colors more. It's not balanced- nami's face is well covered but the rest of the picture is not. It's not very satisfying as it is.
>>
File: FungGolem_Small.png (428KB, 1000x1167px) Image search: [Google]
FungGolem_Small.png
428KB, 1000x1167px
Mushroom man sees a small animal. Yes I know it's shit.

He's supposed to be turning at his torso to look at the animal, but I'm having a hard time making it look that way.
>>
>>2382573
pretty interesting guy but lol yeah doesnt look one bit like his torso is twisting at all.
>>
File: DRAVEN HEAD2.png (1MB, 1200x1905px) Image search: [Google]
DRAVEN HEAD2.png
1MB, 1200x1905px
>>2382539
nice colors, she has great sinergy with draven.
>>
>>2382573
That's because his torso isn't twisting around, it's depicted as static and vertical. Make those not abs horizontal, and drag them to the other side of his body.
>>
File: CAR01.jpg (111KB, 1000x543px) Image search: [Google]
CAR01.jpg
111KB, 1000x543px
>>2382495
OK. This is about what I can do.
>>
File: FLYTHINGY.jpg (132KB, 1000x591px) Image search: [Google]
FLYTHINGY.jpg
132KB, 1000x591px
>>2382605
>>
>>2382606
Reference.
>>
File: dragon resized.jpg (185KB, 974x755px) Image search: [Google]
dragon resized.jpg
185KB, 974x755px
>>
File: car02.jpg (113KB, 1200x398px) Image search: [Google]
car02.jpg
113KB, 1200x398px
>>2382607
More.

>>2382625
I like your confident outlines.
>>
>>2382561
can you be more specific? I'm working in traditional so I can't fix any glaring anatomical mistakes, but I'd appreciate the feedback nonetheless

>>2382598
thanks, nice lines.
draven slow + nami bubble = dead vayne
>>
>>2381289
I don't like the angle of the blade that he has. Is he still leaning? Is he leaning on it? I want to see him put more weight on it. Maybe but both hands on it, or one on the ground and the other high as he looks down. Or is he lifting it? I want to see him see him struggle to hold it.
>>2381329
This is great looking so far. I really love the reflections in the lights. But something about that tiny green light, I want to see it be echoed on the other side, that there are more lights that are green, or that this green is special, and maybe make it brighter and bounce off of more of its surroundings. Either way, I think the edge of a building that is 100% cut off at the bottom and the top on the very far right would add some more balance.
>>2381338
I feel like a tiny bit of the other nostril should be visible. The nose looks like it is turned farther away than the rest of the face.
>>2381526
this guy is cool. I hope you add something in the lower left to catch some light.
>>2381764
Super into it. I like the leaky liquid. It would be cool to see some splatters of it around the other... leg? Not sure what to call it. But it is creepy and amazing.
>>2381804
Neck seems thin. Love the bright yellows.
>>2381978
It took me a second to see that they were wings. Smaller patterns act kind of like shading. Maybe put larger ones up front? The way that you cross hatched the dragon looks great, maybe try the same on the wings with some structure like boning or something?
>>
>>2382573
If he is turning, then make it so that his feet are the way that he was walking. and maybe the big ol' hammer can have a drag mark?
>>
>>2382089
Thanks, i can give you high res if you want.
>>2382653
Thanks, i'll try out the splatters idea =D
>>
File: Ihave.jpg (75KB, 473x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ihave.jpg
75KB, 473x700px
>>2381017
DRAW THREAD
>>
>>2382691
check the hand, elbow and construction of the torso.
>>
>>2382698
the fuck is that even suppose to mean
>>
>>2382704

it means to check the hand, elbow, and construction of the torso
>>
>>2382718
Seriously are you being an idiot on purpose or what? The torso and hand are fine the elbow is wobbly and unifinished though.

Say" check that" makes no sense at all and is a piss poor crit.
>>
>>2382704
it means you suck at drawing but could improve it through study
>>
>>2382723

>the torso and hand are fine

do you even
>>
>>2382723
You really think the hand is fine? Are you blind?
>>
>>2382723
Did you forget to trace a couple lines?
>>
>>2382726
>>2382727
please, show me whats wrong with it
>>
>>2382729
>>2382727
>>2382726
>>2382724
/ic/ has gone full retard
>>
well at least we all know they were shitposters.

lookin forward to some awful redlines tomorrow when I wake up.
>>
File: ref.png (596KB, 505x634px) Image search: [Google]
ref.png
596KB, 505x634px
>>2382735
when /ic/ is not in full retard mode?
>>2382691
Btw the hand is not at it best, try to take a photo of your own hand in the same position or searching for one in the net

her left forearm it's really cilindric and dont look connected to the upper arm

here a ref, most similar I could find.
>>
>>2382653
Thanks m8. Appreciate it.
>>
>>2382691
Hand looks fat because you didnt really separate the thumb, the shadow is too subtle, you need to add lines there to separate palm from the thumb if you want to leave it as a line drawing.
Forearm looks weird to ppl because it is a fashion shot, where they try to take the weirdest photographs on purpose. Id show an example, but im on phone.
>>
File: 889890.jpg (446KB, 959x712px) Image search: [Google]
889890.jpg
446KB, 959x712px
experimenting
>>
>>2382885
Reads very nice from the thumbnail! are you experimenting with something specific or just experimenting in general?
>>
File: ic study1.png (253KB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
ic study1.png
253KB, 1200x840px
posted in the study thread, but it kinda died
>>
File: kekkkkkkkkkkk.png (268KB, 651x888px) Image search: [Google]
kekkkkkkkkkkk.png
268KB, 651x888px
idk what im doing
>>
>>2383182

Looks cool as fuck
>>
File: mee.png (1MB, 700x952px) Image search: [Google]
mee.png
1MB, 700x952px
>>
>>2383263
moot?
>>
>>2382636
It's so off in so many places I'm kind of at a loss as to what to say. The eyes look too big for the face, the rest of the face looks too small for the head, the head looks like there's no cranium. The closest shoulder seems the right size but the rest of the upper arm is too small compared to it then the forearm too small as well but too large in comparison to the upper arm. It looks like each part of her is at a different Zoom %. I couldn't tell you how to fix it because I wouldn't know which part of her to start with as a frame of reference for adjusting the other proportions. Some points would best make this a stylized drawing, others would have it be more realistic proportions. The best advice I could give you is to look into some proportion guides as you move forward instead of worrying about fixing this one. I'd recommend leaning towards realistic proportions first as I think understanding that will make it easier to consciously convey stylized proportions.
>>
Any suggestions on constructing a face? Any time I try to follow proko/etc. My faces look like shit. I don't have any example right now, but my best way to put it, is I guess there are too many lines/lines are too dark I suppose. I will try drawing a face here shortly.
>>
>>2383311
Reilly method
>>
>>2383311
Gonna take a guess that you haven't properly got around to understanding form. The loomis method (the one proko uses) only makes sense if you actually understand construction and volume. Just read and do the first 20 pages worth of exercises in Fun with a pencil by loomis and it'll make more sense
>>
>>2383333

I've drawn enough cubes/spheres/cones to understand form. The problem is putting it all together.
>>
>>2383333
> loomis

gtfo with that meme garbage
>>
>>2383182
pretty sick b
>>2382885
looks like a flying cock
>>
>>2383333

and my main thing, is constructing the head and making it look like something without using shading/etc. Shading is a whole other monster I need to tackle.
>>
File: IMAG0069.jpg (901KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0069.jpg
901KB, 1836x3264px
How do I make finished works, look at my studies. Critique is welcomed
>>
File: IMAG0066.jpg (529KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0066.jpg
529KB, 1836x3264px
>>2383361
>>
File: IMAG0039.jpg (987KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0039.jpg
987KB, 3264x1836px
>>2383362
>>
>>2383361
>>2383362
damn honestly you shouldnt be focusin on finished work , practice fundamentals cause i cant even tell wtf you were trying to study in the first pic
>>
>>2383376
If you can't see a cat then idk what to say. Fundamentals are very broad. Care to be more specific?
>>
>>2383336
>the 'loomis is a meme' meme again
I'm tired of this meme.
>>
>>2383393

its the truth though, loomis is crap
>>
File: dwarfstoody.png (1MB, 1218x910px) Image search: [Google]
dwarfstoody.png
1MB, 1218x910px
>>2383181
Dude, it looks nothing like the model, the pose is kinda there, but the measurements, the proportions are all fucked up. In special her gigantic cartoon head.

Try harder to draw what you see, and not what you want to see.

https://youtu.be/AzDGO0LssEM
>>
>>2383412

I feel like Proko is becoming a meme.

His videos are terrible as are his cringeworthy jokes
>>
>>2383412

thanks, i self taught as a kid and went straight into anime and cartooning with no fundamentals, so i'm trying but i'm used to over exaggerating everything

question, is tracing a good way to learn? it's hard to find a straight answer on this, but looking at that overlay makes me feel like i could learn a few things from tracing a photo
>>
>>2383434
definately not imo , what would tracing help you with exactly? learning the proportions would def be better
>>
>>2383383
just read the sticky m8
>>
>>2383445

my idea was more to trace over with shapes and stuff to help break it down, not straight up copy + paste the photo
>>
>>2383421
They are actually pretty good besides the cringey jokes. Feel free to ignore them, though. If anything, this "hupr drup loomisprokojeffwatts is a meme" is what is becoming a meme, and a pretty retarded one.

>>2383434
I will say no, tracing doesn't really help. Try going back to the basics, try to draw static figures with a proportion of 8 heads tall.
Basically everybody here is self taught, I'd be surprised if someone said to me he actually started drawing with a tutor, and I'd guess most started of us also first drew anime. So, doing this exercise of drawing characters 8 heads tall will feel weird, you may have done it at some point and felt it was all wrong, but in the end it really helps to correct those bad habits from manga.
>>
File: Ronin.png (2MB, 1980x1398px) Image search: [Google]
Ronin.png
2MB, 1980x1398px
here goes
>>
is it possible to make a 'shading' with only a base color and one shadow with small highlights to represent different materials ?
>>
File: B-2QEylUEAAuEPJ.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
B-2QEylUEAAuEPJ.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>2381521
i remember you
you're the guy that got insanely butthurt after people tried to give you legitimate advice instead of kissing your ass
>>
>>2383507

spamming the guy with memes and retardation is not legitimate advice
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I have a thing for short haired girls
>>
>>2383517
bullshit. for every few shitposters, there was one offering actual help and advice. i even offered some simple, SIMPLE exercises, which he promptly ignored in favor of fueling the meme posts.

his latest response was throwing a pitiful temper tantrum after being called out- yet again- on his symbol drawing habits.
>>2381552
>>2381558
>>2381595
>>2381624
if you just wanna be jerked off, fuck off to /i/ dude
>>
>>2382691
"butter hands" should be a thing
i see so much of it
>>
File: Last Demo.jpg (533KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Last Demo.jpg
533KB, 1000x1000px
not too much progress, learning a lot about digital//painting though

feedback?
>>
>>2383539

I was there for that thread too, and yes, he got plenty of advice and tips to start with but instead he only raged and whined.
>>
>>2383539

Those responses weren't me, faggot. Way to assume.
>>
>>2383549

not to mention the eyes i've drawn since are way better, not that it would matter. I'll probably still get the symbol drawing bullshit.

The problem I am having is putting it all together to construct the face. And I have watched construction videos a million times.

It might be because I am drawing the head as a whole way too small to put any decent construction down.
>>
>>2383547
I like it a lot, but where are his eyelashes?
>>
>>2383548
>>2383539
I wasn't there for whatever thread you guys are talking about but I gave him advice this thread and he seemed fairly receptive in the end. Maybe he gets it now.
>>
Only thing I seemingly have an issue with now. I just tried drawing an eye from some random pic. And it came out looking flat, yet I can draw a different eye and it looks like it has depth. The hell
>>
>>2383557
They probably burned :^)
>>
>>2383293
thanks for the crit. I think I'll study some bargue plates after this one.
>>
File: 028.png (121KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
028.png
121KB, 1366x768px
was last post in previous thread. Crits on this?
>>
File: danknut1.jpg (796KB, 1437x1314px) Image search: [Google]
danknut1.jpg
796KB, 1437x1314px
>>
File: rsz_bodegón1.jpg (100KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_bodegón1.jpg
100KB, 620x877px
>>
>>2381521
Anon, we can't keep giving advice on a single drawing of an eye. Since you are so good at "3D drawing" and understand form though, draw us a face, then the same face at 3/4, then in profile so we can do a better grounded critique.
>>
>>2383693

No need to be a prick
>>
When it comes to doing a sketch of lips/nose. Is less lines better? When not shading?

Because if you use too many lines, they look like flat ugly blobs on the face.
>>
>>2383700
Sorry, just trying to help, if you don't want to be helped it's fine by me
>>
>>2383693
>Since you are so good at "3D drawing" and understand form though

>>2383700
THAT is not trying to help, thats being a dick.
>>
>>2383717
One can be both a dick and also be trying to help. That's generally what ic is, d/ic/ks trying to help.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
im sad :-(
>>
>>2383700
That's easily the mildest ribbing I've ever seen on this board. Anyone who can't handle a tiny hint of sarcasm like that isn't going to last long here. And he has a point anyway, if the guy is having problems putting it all together, nobody's going to be able to help much unless he shows his attempts to do so.
>>
File: lying down.png (724KB, 900x644px) Image search: [Google]
lying down.png
724KB, 900x644px
>>2381017
from study thread
>>
What is going on in this thread?
>>
File: why.jpg (34KB, 420x467px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
34KB, 420x467px
>>2381855
>My MAIN focus is to do character art, to do comics, 3D modeling blueprints, etc.

>I want to be a concept artist AND a comic book artist

bro
>>
File: 33.jpg (111KB, 840x960px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
111KB, 840x960px
Looking for critique on this.
>>
File: like_hand.png (33KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
like_hand.png
33KB, 800x600px
>>2383804
>>2383688
>>
File: a (2).jpg (65KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
a (2).jpg
65KB, 716x960px
>>2383881

also this
>>
File: february-5-2016-2.jpg (357KB, 668x850px) Image search: [Google]
february-5-2016-2.jpg
357KB, 668x850px
hands from today. also a pretty 18 year old on OKCupid said she wants to be my model so hopefully next week I'll get to do my first drawing or painting of her :D
>>
>>2383973

ill be sure to check the headlines next week for her obituary
>>
>>2383973
Tell us if you fugged her next week. And post drawings of course.
>>
>>2384035
im not really in the fugging business anymore but ill post the drawings
>>
>>2384038

Are you for getting the artists creed, anon?

If you CAN fug, you MUST fug.
>>
20 min sketch of Kyoko Sakura. Pose from imagination which is why its so stuff. She's eating a pocky.
>>
File: WIP01.jpg (276KB, 1200x712px) Image search: [Google]
WIP01.jpg
276KB, 1200x712px
>>
File: DRAVEN HEAD3.png (2MB, 1400x2117px) Image search: [Google]
DRAVEN HEAD3.png
2MB, 1400x2117px
aaand almost done with this guy.
>>
>>2384330
That you Laykin?
>>
>>2384330
>>2384332
who ?
>>
>>2384339
never miiind then
>>
>>2384330
>Krita
I'd say this one is your worst. Not the drawing itself, but the concept. It's cringy and just silly. The guy's expression is just...well...stupid. His weapon needs to be different. I wear glasses and if someone gets their head lopped off, in any method, the glasses would fly off.
>>
File: sav.png (559KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
sav.png
559KB, 1366x768px
doodlin
>>
>>2384352
He was always cringy
I remember when he first posted on /ic/ someone commented how he didn't like the style because there were too many wrinkles in the faces and frankly i agree.
>>
>>2384352
I wouldnt bother him much, draven is stupid in general.
>>
>>2383916

There's a problem with her tits. Btw she looks like a dwarf to me.
>>
File: sunn_o_tree_thing_by_ima_reaper.png (27KB, 721x458px) Image search: [Google]
sunn_o_tree_thing_by_ima_reaper.png
27KB, 721x458px
>>2383182
Neat, reminds me of pic related
>>
>>2383647
Proportions mang, if you don't get them right it doesn't matter how good your anatomy is. Also his hip is fucked to hell and seems like you drew the head and body separately not as one piece since the head has moved to the right way too much.
>>
>>2384420
yea it has some coincidences, I really like this dark style, remember me something like berserk/darksouls
>>2383252
>>2383348
Thanks all
>>
File: aaa.jpg (197KB, 2000x1138px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
197KB, 2000x1138px
hi /ic/- when I bring sketches into color I feel like they lose a lot of their energy. I'm still learning about construction so I think that might be part of the problem. like it's easier for me to keep form in mind when I'm sketching and I start losing that when I paint, killing much of the appeal. Any tips? thanks!
>>
File: XuQUwUi.jpg (656KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
XuQUwUi.jpg
656KB, 1836x3264px
An old lady with a full head of hair, inspired by that emotionless investigator lady in Making a Murderer. Might do something else with her.
>>
Question, when it comes to the nose/lips. Without color/shading/etc. Whats the best way to show form? Any time I try the nose/lips. Theres too many lines and it comes out looking flat as hell.
>>
>>2384719
this is fucking good
>>
File: apple.png (282KB, 1349x1200px) Image search: [Google]
apple.png
282KB, 1349x1200px
腐ったリンゴ
>>
>>2383973
nice- some of the harsh outlines make the forms feel flat to me, I think varying up your line weight could help that.
>>
File: Snapchat--6003299687424923432.jpg (100KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--6003299687424923432.jpg
100KB, 480x800px
>>2384719
Work on the posture. It looks rather unnatural than cool. Good job overall anon
>>2384634
I really like the left one
>>
>>2384634
The colored one seems to have a better construction tho
>>
File: cPTURit.jpg (488KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
cPTURit.jpg
488KB, 1836x3264px
>>2384762
Thanks la~

>>2384909
Ta man, appreciate it. I'll keep it in mind about the posture, though it is a slight preference of mine (I like poses a bit exaggerated).
>>
File: rsz_soldat_normal.jpg (97KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_soldat_normal.jpg
97KB, 620x877px
>>
>>2384942
nice man i like the transparency on the dress hnng
>>
File: drawingnakedguys.jpg (645KB, 1000x3812px) Image search: [Google]
drawingnakedguys.jpg
645KB, 1000x3812px
Some 3min gestures from a class, what am I doing wrong? How could I do these better?
Also sorry for super tall image.
>>
>>2384942
Looks pretty good, but the quality of the picture is terrible.

There are only two things I think you should keep in mind for the next drawing. Her legs are too high, her elbows should be aligned roughly to her belly button, instead they are aligned to her hips. The clothes and the weapon crossing her body help to hide this mistake, but it is there. Speaking about the weapon, the handle is bizarre, I mean, the rifle looks all wrong, it's too short for example, but it's acceptable for the most part, with the exception of the most jarring part, that is the handle, which isn't good for gripping nor for supporting against her shoulder. You already know how to fix this, though, you just need to look up some references
>>
>>2384390
The face has those wrinkles wether you like it or not. Just because they re not big ass smooth anime shit faces doesn t mean they're wrong.
>>
>>2385141
Haa yer phone in the dark ya know. Noticed that about the legs too but was too apathetic to fix a doodle really, forgot to pay any attention to the elbows, thanks for that! Concerning the gun, I totally agree. I'm really lazy about drawing from references or even really studying them, since for me a gun can just be a generic gun-resembling stick. I've gotten feedback for my non-guns before for an animation I did, but from now on I'll be sure to do 'em properly since people do notice haha. Thanks!
>>
File: iggy-pop-6.jpg (61KB, 620x827px) Image search: [Google]
iggy-pop-6.jpg
61KB, 620x827px
>>2385156
your drawings remind me of iggy pop's old sinewy wrinkly body.
>>
>>2384330
Don't listen to them, your style is amazing as it is.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (230KB, 1482x949px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
230KB, 1482x949px
Im just messing with this, but I honestly like the idea so I still want to do something with it eventually. Am I going in the right direction, by any chance? do you like it /ic/?

Also, side note, I just learned that my Intuos Medium DOES come with replacement nibs. Three, to be precise. The fuckers were attached to the removable part on the back of the tablet, it was an eureka moment. I hope more people know this by now but I at the same time hope I am not the only idiot who did not.
Is it bad that its been exactly a month and my nib has quite a sharp edge all around the tip (not exactly the tip itself)?
>>
File: IMG_20160206_214510.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160206_214510.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Ah, first time posting here. Please give constructive criticism.
>>
>>2385117
It doesn't look to me like you're doing anything wrong per se, but I would recommend trying a few gestures where you draw through the entire figure though. Like in that third one from the top on the left, you would draw his arm going across to where his hand is on his other shoulder, just an indication of it not necessarily fully fleshed out because you can't see it, but that helps you start thinking of the body with volume and rotating in space, and will help you when you want to do things from imagination.
>>
File: Capture.png (405KB, 553x704px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
405KB, 553x704px
portraits ftw, any help is appreciated
>>
>>2385365
Is this a male or female? Not trying to be rude, I just can't tell and knowing would affect my critique.
>>
>>2385354
Your stylistic approach so completely abandons the fundamentals that the only critique you can possibly expect is "I don't like it cuz uh, the colors?"
>>
>>2385365
Philtrums do not go all the way from the nose to the lip
>>
File: helldude.png (580KB, 800x933px) Image search: [Google]
helldude.png
580KB, 800x933px
fuckign around in ps.
>>
File: fang5.png (564KB, 900x696px) Image search: [Google]
fang5.png
564KB, 900x696px
Please destroy this. I started in grayscale and add color (because I wasn't sure of the color scheme/ background or anything).
>>
File: IMG_20160206_214554.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160206_214554.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>2385372
Lol well fuck..
Do you like the colors at least? Anybody got tips for getting better with water colors? I also have this sketch with the same style.
>>
>>2385379
>when you nut but she keep suckin
>>
>>2385380
Literally random high school doodles dude.
>>
>>2381030
Firstly, I love the brush strokes. I'm really fond of digital paintings like this. I think you started strong with the face and then it looks like you wound down and didn't do as much detail

I like the colors and your idea. I would work on detailing the other aspects other than the face and creating more defined outlines to separate the character from the background.

Very nice work, I am envious of your skillz.
>>
>>2385380
srs question can you even draw anything or do you just randomly doodle shit on a page
>>
>>2385394
No digital here, unfortunately I don't have a computer. I prefer traditional art anyhow. Thank you for critique, I'll take that into consideration.
>>
>>2384330
Yeah, sounds like some people are jelly. Looks great, I like it really well. I would only recommend working on the feet a little more, but I like it!
>>
>>2385396
To answer you seriously, I draw what I like. I understand that drawing from life is important, which I am capable of. It's like when you play guitar, scales are important but just playing is funner.
>>
>>2385156
on second look now that i see that picture of iggy pop even HE doesn't have as many wrinkles as your character lol. have some self restraint every line ages your character a year so by my count his face is at least 400 years old
>>
>>2385403
fair enough, draw what you want and yeah i get what you mean about guitar since im like that with guitar .
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Graphite from previous page wiped onto this piece. Annoying as **** to erase. Inking pretty soon then on to sketch and ink wash. (Comic book artist)
>>
>>2385438
that niggas huge man
>>
File: february-6-2016.jpg (354KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
february-6-2016.jpg
354KB, 675x900px
>>
>>2385438
Man, that is A LOT of symbolism clearly picked up from, of course, comic books. And that's a start at least, when I started my muscles were full of symbolism based on DBZ, so I get why you'd base your abs and legs and biceps and whatnot based on Joe Mad or Jim Lee, etc. But if we're being honest, yours is pretty unaccurate, like, very. Comicbook artists apply their style to what they learn about real life anatomy, each line and each shape you see is an abstraction or exaggeration of what you actually have on your body. I wouldn't tell you to fix this drawing, but so that your future drawings are awesome and your Batmen don't have three biceps in one place and a leg full of tumors, you will have to learn what I can only resume in "read the sticky". Right now, if we're being honest, your Batman is almost completely messed up, but I see some potential somewhere in there and it'd be a waste if you don't learn the shape of some bones and muscles, and your characters stay looking like that for who knows how long. You're in a position where applying a bit of Loomis/Hampton/whatever would make you level up in an instante, which you will get to enjoy a lot in these stages since the "I got gudder" feeling is less and less common as your art progresses.

TL;DR read the sticky.
>>
Just got my first Wacom. I'm trying to learn how to digitally ink and color better.

Any suggestions on how to add textures to digital drawings?
>>
>>2385380
Have you ever considered gouache paint? I like them because they are dense with pigment like an acrylic, but they can move like a water color.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWPM39__JnA

:)
>>
>>2385487
Very cool, I'll definitely need to invest.
>>
File: Untitled-12.png (218KB, 640x630px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-12.png
218KB, 640x630px
Am I firez tier yet?
>>
>>2385338
Shameless self-bump. To not make it spamming, at least I will reply to some other anons.
>pls respond

>>2385365
I don't know if yours is actually like that, but like other guy said philtrums shouldn't be so pronounced. Don't make them dark lines that go from the nose to the lip, just imply them with either some lights, some darks, or both, but never go overboard.
Rest is very nice in my opinion, nose might be a bit off but idk I have't seen you maybe that's exactly how it is in real life.

>>2385379
Perspective on the gun seems iffy, and I don't know if you did but if you look at some wolf references you might make his face look a bit cooler. But, mainly, the fur will improve. The shading might be too soft for my taste, like, soft brush which, you can use well if you know how to but here it looks like you need to understand more how the shape works, ESPECIALY the shoulders.
I thought the smoke was coming from a building, now I realize it's from the gun.
The idea and general composition is badass. He's the wolf guy from Contra Hard Corps, isn't he?

>>2385456
I've never told this to anyone before, but I love your hands, anon. You've got some skills.
>>
>>2385338
Thick soft black lines are cancer
>>
>>2385498
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. But this is just a thumbnail.
...okay it's a 1482x949 thumbnail, but I worked on it very zoomed out.
>>
>>2381804
i like this how it is ,idk why
its beautiful like outta a dream
saved
>>
>>2385338
hey it's aight but colorize your lines man
>>
>>2381815

kek
>>
>>2385504
Huh, I didn't notice how much the black affected it. Thanks dude, I'll follow your simple advice for the rest of my art life.
>>
>>2385509
no prob, pure white light is stupid hard to find in nature, so black shadows in any kind of realisim look a bit whack
>>
File: tumblr_mhoqnoAvUC1ro927ao1_500.png (363KB, 450x625px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhoqnoAvUC1ro927ao1_500.png
363KB, 450x625px
>>2384390
>>2385262
>>2385410
>because an expressionless face has the same effect as an ear to ear smile on the skin
>people not knowing what the fuck they're talking about on /ic/
>nothing new

also here's a guy a century younger actually smiling as he mocks you.
>>
>>2385377
Wow this is looking neat man
>>
>>2385602
Not any of those guys but it's possible to draw someone with a huge grin without putting a bunch of wrinkles on their face. That said, I think the look seems to match the character but I've never played lol so I'm not familiar but from what I saw on Google, I don't think it's out of place. If it were someone like Leon from RE or something where he's supposed to look young and handsome and heroic or whatever, then it'd probably be weird. For this Draven guy though I don't see the issue.
>>
>>2385607
yeah, it's literally in his whole character charisma to have a big grin on his face, heck one of the most popular lol video is abotu his fucking smile and how glorious he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP8gNZRq1Nk
>>
>>2385614
>wtf did I just watch
But yeah context matters. If people were going to complain about it, I'd say save it for a time where it's actually a detriment to the picture.
>>
>>2384330
Do you have a tumblr?
Why do you never shade?
>>
>>2385621
http://4xiszero.tumblr.com/

because I just enjoy Line art, showing volume with lines only is a very attractive and challenging way of doing art to me. some people may disagree, but I enjoy it more than paintings.
>>
>>2385495
be aware of your wishes
>>
>>2382097
Looks good, although the pose doesn't read very well, at first I thought she was stirring around in the pot behind her.
>>
>>2385603
Thanks dude
>>
File: 20160207_174722.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160207_174722.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Should I stop right now and burn it ?
>>
>>2385898
>down sized to at least 1000px
>right orientation

Sorry /ic/ for I have fucked up
>>
File: jurisplits_wip1.jpg (102KB, 1200x658px) Image search: [Google]
jurisplits_wip1.jpg
102KB, 1200x658px
Looking ok? Anything off?
>>
>>2385496
Yeah, it's Brad Fang from Contra Hard Corps. I might just start it over and do color from the start anyway. Thanks for the input.
>>
>>2386087
Her left arm is not reaching the floor like it's supposed to be when someone is stretching.
Make her reach her foot, if you don't want to redraw her torso and head.
>>
>>2386168
I wanted to have her wrapping her hand under her leg rather than flat on the floor. I think the arm would be too long if I stretched it to her foot without making her body pressing down on her leg more though. What should I change if she's grabbing the leg?
>>
>>2386198
I'm also a /fit/zen and I have never seen someone stretch like this, if she pulls like that, her torso will spin.

Someone times I see women gliding their hands on top of their legs, to lean slowly, until their hands reach the foot, but this only looks good in motion.

Try to put the arm on the other side of the leg, see if it looks better.
>>
>>2386245
Hmm alright, I'm gonna redraw her whole body. I don't want it to look like she's stretching, I'm going for splits. I think I was mixing up a few different poses but now I think I have a clearer idea of how she should be posed now that you suggested putting her arm behind the leg. Thanks dude.
>>
File: V4.3small.png (3MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
V4.3small.png
3MB, 1240x1754px
Rate/critique
>>
File: 01-.png (494KB, 1500x1046px) Image search: [Google]
01-.png
494KB, 1500x1046px
le generic cyborg man
>>
>>2386313
arms and legs look stubby
head is nice
>>
> >Photoshop Brushes
> http://cgsociety.org/index.php/CGSFeatures/CGSFeatureSpecial/tower_of_evilzz

... Where exactly on this page am I supposed to find the brushes?
>>
File: DOIT1.png (31KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
DOIT1.png
31KB, 750x523px
shy a le boof
>>
File: Sleepy.png (357KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepy.png
357KB, 480x854px
This is just the initial sketch. What should I fix before I move on to inking?
>>
>>2382625
how does one get lines like this?
>>
>>2386984
learn regular human proportion before you move on to stylistic drawings.
>>
>>2384330
>tibula and fibula strapped to tibula and fibula

pretty dumb 2b h senpai
>>
>>2387105
That doesnt asnwer my question. This is exactly how the characters body is shaped. Stop.
>>
File: widl-arms-3-duelo.png (254KB, 1000x642px) Image search: [Google]
widl-arms-3-duelo.png
254KB, 1000x642px
Wild Arms 3.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 106

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.