[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice on dealing with fame and notoriety? Namely the haters

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nu9ux4KdKI1rt6jeso1_1280.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu9ux4KdKI1rt6jeso1_1280.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
Any advice on dealing with fame and notoriety? Namely the haters in the form of fellow artists?

pic unrelated
>>
>>2380846
Grow thicker skin or do something else.

/thread
>>
>>2380852
i try but sometimes its hard.
>>
>>2380846
Seems like you didn't get bullied enough in school cause if you did you'd have a dick and balls between your legs, you fucking baby.
>>
>>2380846
>haters
Close your eyes, nigga.
>>
>>2380869
>>
>>2380870
This is my favorite gif of all time. ALL TIME.
>>
>>2380863

deal with it. if you had a thicker skin it wouldn't get to you at all. stop being a sissy and expecting the world to pander to your bitch emotions.

don't try, do...get over it, and move on with your life.
>>
>>2380846

just ignore stupid shit

that's all
>>
>>2380846
>haters

Do you classify anyone who doesn't boost your ego as a hater? Fans and haters both have their place and help artists grow. You can't and will never please everyone. Get over it.
>>
>>2380846
Not posting my work on /ic/ has been a good start.
>>
Ignore them, doing anything else is usually equivalent to throwing oil on fire. Drama isn't worth your time and energy.
>>
>>2380867
But im a girl
>>
>>2383852
It's OK, I used to be a grill too when I was at the peak of my innocence but the internet taught me how I was wrong and that everyone's a man. It's a either become a man or you'll die place.
>>
>>2383852
>>2383970

you're both cancer
>>
>>2382575
Well fuck. That's how I have been failing.
>>
>>2380893
Im just going to take a guess but are you a black high school student?

At least half of that has to be right. No normal person has that retarded of taste.
>>
>>2383983
Shut up asshole.
>>
File: abstract art.png (136KB, 362x315px) Image search: [Google]
abstract art.png
136KB, 362x315px
Haters haters haters... oh god, Anon. Listen up. If you're notorious and famous enough you should already know this shit, but anyways. I know a guy, alright? so this guy, he does Youtube, and he and his family have gotten threatened to death. Literally. People have sent him letters, real ones, not internet text, saying how they would kill him and rape his daughter and all kinds of stuff for what he says in his videos. He eats it up, never really mentions it or makes a scene about it. What do these haters say to you, tell me? are you detailing the different ways they would cut your grandpa's throat? or are they saying "you suck", "needs more loomis", "you're a faggot", "tits/dicks or gtfo", "you have no talent", "go back to X", etcetera? because no matter what the answer is, you only have to do one thing to solve your problem: IGNORE. Just ignore the fuckers. Drown in your many loyal followers' love and either try to learn from those who hate, or ignore them, for they don't bring anything new to your art table, and they can do NOTHING to hurt you unless you're stupid enough to let them. It's easy, of you can't complete that simple task then you're fucking shit kiddo, you suck, go kill yourself, faggot, etc etc.
>>
>>2384068
is that really true?

you're right, i'm not getting death threats or serious doxxing.
>>
>>2384085
Negative commentary comes with exposure, like other anons said you just need a thicker skin. You can ask any youtuber with a big ammount of subs and most of them will have had at least one really big really mean comment or message. There is no secret to dealing with "haters" (including actual criticism you just see as haters), just don't be too much of a pussy and it won't be too much of an issue.
>>
boohoo
>>
>>2380846
yeah, just ignore them
>>
File: 1424335467749.jpg (26KB, 350x375px) Image search: [Google]
1424335467749.jpg
26KB, 350x375px
Stop being such a pussy.
>>
>>2384068
Keemstar?
>>
>>2380846
Seriously, who has haters? Are you like really famous?

Some people just give off that scent that attracts bullies, I guess.
>>
>>2383852

Then you should be used to people verbally abusing you until you develop an eating disorder.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.