[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good resources for learning how to draw and conceptualize

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: borderlands_2_conceptart_peM5P.jpg (110KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
borderlands_2_conceptart_peM5P.jpg
110KB, 800x533px
What are some good resources for learning how to draw and conceptualize guns and weapons, especially fantasy ones?
>>
>>2377011
learn how real guns/weapons work,
study those,
find stuff that goes in a similar direction to what you want,
study those.
>>
>>2377092
>find stuff
Why do you think I'm here asking for stuff? I'm looking for something more specific than just observation.
>>
>>2377094
As retarded as I think /k/ is, their sticky does a very good job at teaching you how guns work and what types of guns there are. Don't post there just read the sticky
http://amagicalplace.wikia.com/wiki/Sticky
>>
I'm going to help you because I love when some unknown loser like me can answer my questions

>>2377092

This

Also, massiveblack had a dvd with Coro about this topic in which he shows his process from conceptualizing to modelling in 3D.

I also want to add John Park's specific tutorial on the topic and his Foundation series.

This would get you enough understanding about how to develop sexy silhouettes, functions and renderings so you can create presentation pieces like the one you posted.

I also recommend the /k/ sticky like that anon said and a resource I love, imfdb.org - Like IMDB but for guns, categorized, different versions etc. Great for reference.

It includes fantasy weapons from videogames and anime so you're covered.
>>
>>2377121
>>2377268
Aiight that's some pretty useful stuff, thanks guys.
>>
>>2377094

This is a perfect example of /IC/. The guy above you(>>2377092) gave you the perfect answer on how to improve but what you really want to hear is if there is some magic tutorial that'll unlock the secret to drawing guns quickly.

There is no secret, just draw all kinds of guns until you understand how they work. (google image search: gun) Once you spend awhile doing that you'll have enough knowledge to invent your own that don't look like shit. That's literally the answer to all these stupid "how do I draw this..." questions.

You have to put in the work and hours drawing shit from life, how do you think the guys who made all the instructional shit learned to do it in the first place? All that crap won't let you draw guns like OP's image.

You don't need a tutorial, just google image search and a few hundred hours with your sketchbook. Have fun.
>>
>>2377392
Allright fine jeez.
>>
>>
>>2377395
Just being realistic.

But if you do want alternatives to google or pinterest for images you could find/buy old auction catalogues from gun auctions. I have some that are thick spiral bound books with lots of well printed color images. One bonus of the catalogue is it gives you the name and date of the item so you can google search more images of it or things from the same era. Useful if you have catalogues that show jewelry, or furniture and what to know the name to search for more ref on google.

I know Ebay has a whole section of them.
>>
>>2377407
Oh shit... that's a good idea.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.