[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any recommendations for a good tutorial set on how to draw 3

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1421718749352.jpg (71KB, 720x602px) Image search: [Google]
1421718749352.jpg
71KB, 720x602px
Any recommendations for a good tutorial set on how to draw 3D correctly w/ perspective and all that? Everything of mine turns out symbolly even though I attempt to draw in 3D.

I've got Drawabox.com and I know of Proko (but god his jokes are cringey).

Loomis and Vilppu are meh.

I'm willing to put the time and effort in. But when my attempted 3D art looks symbol-like, it's irritating.

I've got a scanner/drawing tablet so that should be a major help.
>>
>>2376827
>Loomis and Vilppu are meh

lynch your mom for having you, nigger
>>
>>2376830

Loomis is outdated as shit and Vilppu is boring as all fuck. So sue me.
>>
>>2376827
j1st step : draw a box
2nd step: put stuff in a box, be it anatomy or other boxes or spheres or anything you can imagine.

Thats all there is to drawing.
>>
>>2376827

- perspective
- tesselation
- practice

das it mane
>>
>>2376837

I believe the planes/perspective are my main problem.

I made a diff thread but it was a shitshow as I thought I was truly NOT drawing in symbols, because I would draw 3D but it still came out looking like shit. And the whole thread turned to shit. Idk where to really start, because I'd prefer not having to do a million cubes. But eh
>>
>>2376831
Vilppu's audience are non-beginners, you won't be engaged as a newcomer to drawing, give him some time.
>>
>>2376850
I meant to say
>you won't be engaged by his teaching style as a newcomer
>>
>>2376842
>I'd prefer not having to do a million cubes.

no way around that one.
>>
Loomis and Vilppu are for figure drawing
Drawing in 3d is the first step far before figure drawing

Do this kind of stuff freehand and try to get a feel for the 3d space you're drawing in
Now I understand drawing boxes in perspective is boring but don't worry unless you're mentally retarded you'll only have to do a small amount of this and if you're feeling confident in your skills you can draw other stuff in perspective

Whenever something is drawing in 3d it's constructed out of the basic 3d shapes of cubes, cylinders, spheres and cones.
The idea is that if you can draw them in 3d space with ease than by combining them all together you can draw anything imaginable

Once you get a slight grasp of drawing 3d you can then apply that knowledge to whatever you want to draw. you can improve by drawing your own things in 3d
>>
File: 1448963040483.gif (126KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448963040483.gif
126KB, 720x480px
>>2376831
The way people's bodies look did not change that much since loomis lived. Nor did the way boxes look. Nor did perspective. It's not outdated. You are just fucking retarded.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.