[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about how to pull a Noah Bradley, and make money

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 1379255590784.gif (434KB, 400x538px) Image search: [Google]
1379255590784.gif
434KB, 400x538px
Can we talk about how to pull a Noah Bradley, and make money with art despite being an objectively shit artist?

How to gain a following, build social media presence, have people pay 500$ for signed MtG playmats with my art on it, and other outlandish shit that comes with the territory.

Hard mode: Don't feel like whoring out my dignity and self respect by doing juvenile homosexual cringeworthy shit like Ross Tran or Kienan Laferty (or whatever, I'm not looking him up). They are cool guys and deserve every follower they got, but in my case I cannot make myself do that youtube-personality bs that kids seem to like nowadays.
>>
>>2375517
>objectively shit artist

Still better than 100% of /ic/
>>
Why get mad about it? Just get good and sell work based or merit not popularity
>>
File: youbestbejokingnigger.png (110KB, 483x183px) Image search: [Google]
youbestbejokingnigger.png
110KB, 483x183px
>>2375531
I can literally name a dozen /ic/ artists who are 100 times better than Bradley (but less financially successful)
>>
>>2375577
Name them.
>>
>>2375536

Neither getting good, nor trying to sell work based on merit rather than popularity will allow you to make anything more than pocket money. Art only has value if you somehow convince tons of people on the internet that you are good.

>>2375577
Same here.

>>2375587
Let's please not go there. Make your own thread where you can deepthroat Noahs schlong, while we focus on the topic at hand.
>>
>>2375594

>I can literally do x
>do it then
>LETS FOCUS ON THE TOPIC AT HAND

The topic at hand is just one of many threads /ic/ has to bitterly bitch about artists that are more successful than them. If you're going to make stupid claims hoping everyone agrees with you, support it.
>>
>>2375599

It's not worth the time, now fuck off

>hurrdurr now you claim it's not worth the time HURRDURR SEE SEE HOW YOU CAN'T UHDRRUDHURRURHURHUAMFLARMFLA

fucking idiot go shitpost elsewhere
>>
>>2375607
>It's not worth the time
We got all the time in the world baby.
>>
>>2375609

I'm the other guy, but if Noah's work is in OP, then it looks like Firez.
>>
>>2375607
I'm fully convinced OP is baiting now.
>>
>>2375587
>>2375577
Different anon but
>catbib
>tehmeh
>kyle
>loliguy
>kj
>choob
>incase
>bbc
>jmgn
>anon313
>FmMood
>turrnip

Even firez is a better level than Noah in my opinion family, because he at least tries to get better and fix his mistakes.
>>
> x artist shouldn't be as popular as he/she is, they don't deserve it how can I find an easy way to be popular too
Bait or not, these posts are furiously cringe worthy
>>
>>2376339
The ego on some people on this board is disgusting and absolutely undeserved
>>
File: 6134757048_6ca67e60e3_z.jpg (120KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
6134757048_6ca67e60e3_z.jpg
120KB, 640x496px
>>2375717
>because he at least tries to get better and fix his mistakes.
>>
>>2375622
>>2375717
One of the things I would never get about /ic/ is Firez hate, he's above this board average at the very least
>>
>>2376358
No one actually hates the guy
he just makes it very easy for people to make fun of him
and in all honesty I think this place is worth taking shit for the few good critiques people get
>>
>ITT butthurt artists that can't admit noah is good
kek
>>
>>2375517
>mad because bad

Wizards doesn't take the top end talent, but they do select people who are better than anyone on this board. Noah does really great environments imo, and pirate his classes instead of making a babyrage post.

Ross Tran also does really fucking awesome work (though I wish he didn't always color dodge), and you can tell he ENJOYS doing art. It doesn't matter what any of us think. The dude fucking loves to make art, and that is what has propelled him to be a Youtube star and have a pretty lucrative career.
>>
How to pull a Noah Bradley
>be an objectively good artist
>sell said art while jelly anons talk shit on thier road to achieving nothing
>>
>>2376354
Way to miss the point of that post, e.g. even firez tries more than noah does.
>>
>>2376358
You have to remember that most of what people say on these boards is exaggeration. You have to take everything people say here with a HUGE grain of salt.
>>
>>2375517
This looks like istebrak's work.
>>
File: 1371617732885.jpg (245KB, 1246x552px) Image search: [Google]
1371617732885.jpg
245KB, 1246x552px
The universe is LAUGHING at you, OP. Life is a joke, and you are the punchline!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFGens0_W-U
>>
This is it. This is the problem right here. This is why none of you ever improve. Instead of focusing on your own work you grab some popular and/or professional artist and nitpick their work (hell, even worse you just pick on some poor amateur that anybody can draw better than to boost your ego). You always take bad examples from them or point out little bullshit that really isn't that important. Oh gee look, Noah is known and paid for his environments but we're gonna grab a quick-sketch portrait painting he did.

That anon pointed out all those "artists" that are better than Noah. Well, do they usually frequent here even since they became professional? Are they badmouthing artists left and right? Don't you people have any respect? Any shame?

I've been a stubborn fool; I'm older and my skill hasn't been what it ought to be and it's because of this kind of attitude. You idiots stay on here and hate and be negative and do anything but actually work on your art. God forbid you look at your own work and work on your improvement, a noobie artist doesn't have his anatomy correct! Well, I've dropped the attitude and guess what? I've been improving. Inb4 "show your work", it's not some magical thing- If you draw, if you focus on your weakpoints and have a plan of attack you WILL improve. Sorry but bitching about Noah or any other artist doesn't actually help you improve. Get off your childish attitude and start drawing, maybe you and this board will improve.
>>
>>2379167

fuck off noah. you get paid because you whored yourself out on facebook and scammed people with your art camp shit. 'getting good' had/has nothing to do with your success. the average pleb masses decide who's good, and subsequently gets money for their art. and they don't know jack shit. so build a fanbase, and you'll get plenty of online praise for every mediocre shit painting you do. shazam, now you are 'considered good'. just like noah bradley.
>>
>>2379208
Either you're trolling or you didn't learn a god damned thing from what I just said. No matter what Noah did it doesn't actually matter. You won't improve by getting mad at him you elitist retard. Focus on yourself.
>>
File: f457802470fa9e8706c64f55bba0fd04.jpg (415KB, 1395x616px) Image search: [Google]
f457802470fa9e8706c64f55bba0fd04.jpg
415KB, 1395x616px
>>2379167
i believe, anon
>>
>>2379167
Most people won't advance because they lack the ability to see generic art (no matter how well painted) for what it is...generic, just like you. You just come on here and suck dick for any artists that's deemed "professional" level and talk about them as if they're beyond reproach. I hate to inform you but if you were to see the average art wizards commissioned in the 90's and early 00's you'd laugh at how bad it is. People kept improving because they looked at what was "pro" quality for that time and wanted to make better work. If you can't pick apart a pros work and figure out a better way you won't "make it."

Noah may get MTG art but that seems like about it. The guy paints boring fantasy backgrounds. No ones saying he has no technical ability but his design language is generic, he's a fine art landscape painter masquerading as an illustrator. It worked for John Harris but in this day and age where everyone and their mother is doing art it might not be enough. It wont be too long before another generic fantasy artists comes along and starts to snap up work from him unless he starts to make more interesting imaginative shit.

>>2375517
He got popular as one of a handful of original artists that livestreamed art crits/challenges. Since then he's been promoting himself and his school through social media and combined with the following MTG provides has managed to keep his name out there. He meets a standard of technical ability high enough to get work. What sort of long lived career or advancement to better types of jobs he'll have is another story though. You just need to be active on social media, streaming, have a decent personality and be consistent.

>>2379233
Nor will you by sucking Noah's cock. You're spending just as much time here as he is moron. Talking on IC or 30 minutes isn't going to mean the diff between getting good or not. lol Idiot.
>>
>>2379258
1) I'm sure it was a little implicit but I never distinctly said Noah was amazing. Yes, he has issues in his art. I don't think he's the best artist (though I do believe him to at least be competent) but that isn't my point.
2) I've seen old MTG art and it was pretty mediocre but there's no evidence to imply that that was what was considered professional across the field at the time. Loomis was industry standard in the mid 1900's just as an example. Shit man you also gotta think MTG was a lot smaller back then and maybe couldn't afford big name illustrators.
3) I've been drawing for a good couple of hours today. I can take breaks to respond on a board I'm not on all the time (though I have been here for years).
4) Really, I'm not riding Noah's junk. The point isn't even about Noah, it's about the shit attitude and projection coming from the /ic/ community. A lot of people that end up becoming pros leave this place because of the shit environment that's here. All this hostility and anger, all this negativity can't be good for you. It wasn't for me, ever since I've stopped whining and started focusing on my own shit and learning some humility, I've been making decent jumps in my art. All I was trying to say is who cares? So what if Noah's an idiot? Do you have to rant about it? At least you could argue I'm trying to be helpful, hating on Noah contributes nothing. It's already been discussed to death anyway.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.