[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ic/ I am getting a tattoo soon but I dont really know what

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (66KB, 400x595px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 400x595px
Hey /ic/ I am getting a tattoo soon but I dont really know what I want to get. Im nkt really scared by the whole "its there forever so make aure you put a lot of thought into it" thing though. I just want a cool drawing on my forearm. I like pic related but I know that I cant really pull it off. If any of you would like to draw something similar lr actaully anything at all Ill consider it. If all goes well ill come back soon an post pics of the final product.
>>
It's not there forever, it can be removed, but it's equally painful and doesn't really clean everything.
>>
>>2373573
I'll do it for $400
>>
>>2373573
> want something on me for the rest of my life and am going to pay for it
>dont know what
>want it to be made by some amateur for free

YA SURE BRO.
>>
Don't do it, you will regret it. Plus it looks trashy af
>>
>Come to /ic/
>Not a tattoo artist
>Ask for tattoo
Fuck off, this isn't the place for requests. Save your time, money and future job. Don't get a tattoo.
>>
>wanting an anime drawing on your forearm
>anime
>on your arm
>forever
>>
>>2373573
It's there forever dude. It should mean something, you trashy fuck. If your first thought is "hmm what should i get i dunno lol", then don't get a fucking tattoo.
>>
Here's what you should do

>draw/write the tattoo on a piece of paper
>stick up up next your computer so you see it everyday
>have it there for a year
If you can still stick to see that thing go ahead and get a tattoo of it

And here's some important things to remember

>don't go cheap on a tattoo
>don't get girlfriends names/faces. Don't even get your wife's name tattooed.
>don't get anything that would look bad on an interview for a job
>>
Not >>2374835 but this is fucking smart.

I've lost track of the amount of times someone's asked "why don't you get a tattoo" only to ask them if they know how often I change my desktop/mobile wallpaper.

There's a fine line between "this is part of me" and "I fucking hate this get this the fuck off me" in three years. Those emotions build up slowly anon.
>>
I have several tattoos and don't regret a single one. I did think on all of them for longer than six months. Changed my mind a few times. Life is short and your body is a canvas. And no tattoos will not stop you from what you really wanna do job wise.
>>
>>2380999
>Life is short and your body is a canvas.
>we dont put our art on the walls! we wear it on our bodies desu senpai! heheh
>>
>>2381002
People have been tattooing for thousands of years you fucktard and there's a reason it's still a thing and limiting art to just something you put on a wall makes you sound like some yuppie scum.
>>
>>2380999
I've gotten tattoos with a four hour decision cycle and I don't even care. This mortal form will just be rotting in the ground in a few decades anyway.
>>
>>2381083
>This mortal form will just be rotting in the ground in a few decades anyway
true, but your perspective on the issue could change in a day.
>>
>>2381008
get the fuck out of here with that. the vast majority of that get tattoos only get them because its trendy, not because they have some genuine appreciation of art
>>
File: jeffgogueoffthemap.jpg (94KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
jeffgogueoffthemap.jpg
94KB, 900x900px
>>2373573
Here is what you do:

>Research tattoo artists whose style you like
>Go to that artist, take this and any other pictures you want to use for inspiration
>Let the artist work with you on the design after paying a deposit
>Let them do it.

Its important to have a tattoo artist actually working on the drawing, as there are plenty of things that someone who is unfamiliar with tattooing may not plan for (i.e. the way the design sits on the body, spacing properly so that lines do not bleed into each other over time, etc.
>>
>>2373573
You're a moron You should at least know what you want before you get a tattoo and decide this on your own. Look through tattoo work and styles and see what kind of style you want. For instance, I know I want a tattoo in a watercolor style but I don't know what of yet, so I haven't gotten the tattoo.

Tattoos are expensive, and while they're not permanant they're difficult to remove or cover up and painful to do so as well. Don't waste your money on something you might not like anymore in a few years because you didn't decide on your own what you wanted.

Ideally I say think on it for a year at least but if you're not concerned with that, at least decide on your own what you want don't ask us to decide for you, we don't know you. We don't know what you like.
>>
>>2381008
This is true but the person you quote is still right in that getting a tattoo only because life is short and you're a canvas is stupid. Get a tattoo because you want to for whatever reason is personal to you, just don't be stupid about what you get.
>>
File: carlostorres.jpg (422KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
carlostorres.jpg
422KB, 1280x1280px
Dumping tattoo artists because in my opinion tattooing is currently the most vibrant art scene in the 21st century so far.
>>
File: shigeyellowblaze.jpg (609KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
shigeyellowblaze.jpg
609KB, 1280x1280px
>>2381108
>>
File: grimetattoo.jpg (145KB, 736x1246px) Image search: [Google]
grimetattoo.jpg
145KB, 736x1246px
>>2381111
>>
File: robartborbasbudapest.jpg (336KB, 1473x2048px) Image search: [Google]
robartborbasbudapest.jpg
336KB, 1473x2048px
>>
>>2381108
>vibrant art scene in the 21st century so far

what is photography? what is music? what even is film ffs?
>>
>>2381118
Damn, this is fucking amazing

>>2381127
It's his opinion dude, don't get so worked up over nothing
>>
I'm going to get a line resembling a ring tatooed in my left index finger. It'll serve as a reminder that I'm married to art and that I must never give up or get a gf.
The only thing I want to do in life is art
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.