[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get used to drawing on a tablet? I tried to use one

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1331320247044.jpg (17KB, 154x193px) Image search: [Google]
1331320247044.jpg
17KB, 154x193px
How do you get used to drawing on a tablet? I tried to use one but it felt so disorienting to draw there and your picture appears elsewhere. I mean, of course the obvious answer is "practise", but thats dumb, who practises anything ever?
>>
>>2371719
Just use it more. Spend one day on it and it's pretty much natural. Stop being a fucking spoiled brat.

Why cannot people understand that there is a containment-thread for your fucking retarded questions?
>>2362178
>>
>>2371719
You won't even notice when you got hang of it
>>
It's like stroking your penis. After a while you will get used to the disorientation.
>>
>>2371719
Using a tablet is like using a mouse but with a different design. They're practically the same, anon. Just use it more like you would a mouse when you were younger, and you'll learn to wield it properly
>>
I don't know. I tried for 6 years or more to get a feel for it. Finally, I gave up and bought a tablet monitor. problem solved.

...that's probably not the answer you wanted to hear.
>>
>>2372125
Was pretty much as a mouse for me. I felt no disconnect that people speak of. The only problem for me was that strokes are not 1:1. Mouse movement and cursor movement are not 1:1 either, but you get used to it after a while. Going from drawing with a pencil to drawing digitally was like turning up mouse sensitivity a bit. Completely messes up everything until you get used to the new sensitivity.

I wonder if video games have anything to do with not feeling the disconnect? Are you less likely to feel disconnected when you have spent over a decade playing video games with a mouse?
>>
>>2371719
the answer to anything is "practice"
just dont look at the tablet. look only the screen and you get used to it eventually
>>
>>2371719
Make sure and map it to only one monitor and force proportions
>>
>>2371719
What's the problem? You are supposed to be looking at your subject while you draw anyway. Are you doing it wrong OP?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.