[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
How do you get used to drawing on a tablet?...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1331320247044.jpg (17 KB, 154x193) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1331320247044.jpg
17 KB, 154x193
How do you get used to drawing on a tablet? I tried to use one but it felt so disorienting to draw there and your picture appears elsewhere. I mean, of course the obvious answer is "practise", but thats dumb, who practises anything ever?
>>
>>2371719
Just use it more. Spend one day on it and it's pretty much natural. Stop being a fucking spoiled brat.

Why cannot people understand that there is a containment-thread for your fucking retarded questions?
>>2362178
>>
>>2371719
You won't even notice when you got hang of it
>>
It's like stroking your penis. After a while you will get used to the disorientation.
>>
>>2371719
Using a tablet is like using a mouse but with a different design. They're practically the same, anon. Just use it more like you would a mouse when you were younger, and you'll learn to wield it properly
>>
I don't know. I tried for 6 years or more to get a feel for it. Finally, I gave up and bought a tablet monitor. problem solved.

...that's probably not the answer you wanted to hear.
>>
>>2372125
Was pretty much as a mouse for me. I felt no disconnect that people speak of. The only problem for me was that strokes are not 1:1. Mouse movement and cursor movement are not 1:1 either, but you get used to it after a while. Going from drawing with a pencil to drawing digitally was like turning up mouse sensitivity a bit. Completely messes up everything until you get used to the new sensitivity.

I wonder if video games have anything to do with not feeling the disconnect? Are you less likely to feel disconnected when you have spent over a decade playing video games with a mouse?
>>
>>2371719
the answer to anything is "practice"
just dont look at the tablet. look only the screen and you get used to it eventually
>>
>>2371719
Make sure and map it to only one monitor and force proportions
>>
>>2371719
What's the problem? You are supposed to be looking at your subject while you draw anyway. Are you doing it wrong OP?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Thread DB ID: 480536

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.