[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats a good affordable light table?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: light table.jpg (35KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
light table.jpg
35KB, 300x267px
whats a good affordable light table?
>>
just get a huion light tab at size A2. It's 330 yuan... around 50USD(not including shipping). Decent build quality I heard, and charged by USB. Plus it's portable.
>>
>>2370041
The one you built yourself.
>>
>>2370041
A clean window on a bright and sunny day
>>
>>2370041
seriously tho OP

What you can do is DIY
Find a clear plastic box (size of your choice) with some depth so you can place a small lamp inside (if you can find one with a dial to control brightness, that is even better, and that is ALL you need. Anything else is overpriced.

Or buy wood, glue and nail it in the shape of the glass of your choice and place the lamp inside of that, since maybe the plastic box will have some sort of curve under it and some plastic poking out in the center (but you could always smooth that out)
>>
http://www.amazon.co.uk/MiniSun-Modern-Ultra-Slim-Design-LightPad/dp/B00AYXR7CW
>>
>>2370041
ok, if you really want a table, you are best served by DIY

i suggest this

1 a thin piece of glass or plexiglass,
2 a thick piece of glass or plexiglass
3 a piece of defuse paper, something to spread the light around
4 a lightbulb, nothing to bright that it would hurt your eyes looking at it once defused and paper on top

and there you go, a piece of wood costs something like 10$, have them route the shit on site, and then build it at home... depending on how much glass costs, i would say a 18x24 could come in as cheap as 50$ all put together.

depending on how much you know about building this shit, you could even build the op image for under 100$, may not be pretty but it would be functional.

and also, i speak from mild experience, a number of years back i would rice out computer cases for money, my favorite thing to do was defuse layers and make things etched into the plastic windows glow, same techniques are used in making light tables but instead of just certain areas being etched the whole fucking thing is.

some brighter light tables used for curing uv sensitive materials i used had a separate box for the light, but you dont need anything that bright, though on the cheap this will be what you use...

you could also look into a computer cfl lights that rice cases and put them around the edges instead of a cheaper desk lamp from the bottom.
>>
>>2370041
they're all horrifically overpriced, just build one like the other anons said
>>
>>2372552
Oooh. I have a couple of storage tubs that'll work perfectly for this that have just been taking up space, and plenty of spare lamps. Thank you
>>
>>2370041
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008TQZ3ZE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

>doesn't waste a lot of space
>you can use it in bed
>can carry it home- school/ job
>things won't fall off from the table
>>
>>2370041
Seriously...you can get light pads for $40 USD. That's often cheaper and faster than sourcing parts to build your own inefficient, heavy DIY project.
Best purchase I ever made, the light can be adjusted to whatever brightness I require, it's extremely light and portable so I can take it wherever, it's easy to store as well. I can just carry mine around in a tote bag. Best investment I made.
Of course, with that $40 you could buy a romantic dinner at macdonalds for two while you spend ages trying to find a piece of plexiglass, rip apart an old table, borrow some shitty glue and nails to hold it together, take apart an old lamp and then frown at how ugly the thing is. Just saying, in my personal experience, it's not worth the time and purchasing a light pad is worth it.
>>
>>2375273
plexy glass is 10$ a sheet of 18x24, so get 2 of them, or one, depends on how you want to make it, i personally like a diffuse layer, and a piece of wood is 10$ at most, if you already have a desk light to illuminate underneath all the better.

some people want a table, some people want something portable.
>>
Broken scanners are perfect for building DIY portable light tables. Just remove everything from inside, add a light and switch. Also cut a hole so that the heat can get out somewhere, it gets pretty hot after a while.
>>
>>2372539
It's true if you already have the tools but if somebody's asking to buy something that's easily built then they don't.

I'd say just go to the habitat for humanity re-store and find a used office for, the kind that is mostly window and slap some translucent contact paper on the back. Screw some 2x4 legs on it then set some florescent shop lights under it. Probably can be done for under 100 bucks.
>>
>>2378024
*office door
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.