[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nagel: The Art of Patrick Nagel

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Image.jpg (49KB, 319x438px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
49KB, 319x438px
I've recently discovered his work and bought one of his artbooks, it's the title in the OP.

I've begun scanning it as I want some of his pictures without paying tons of cash, but the thing is that the images will need to be cleaned among other things. Any Nagelphile up to the task? Or know how I would do it?
>>
File: Image (16).jpg (3MB, 2869x3893px) Image search: [Google]
Image (16).jpg
3MB, 2869x3893px
Here's an example, how can I make it better?
>>
Scanning a book is a really hard job.
You need to despine the book or else many pages will have a blur because of the spine.
You need a very good scanner and some twers in phtoshop.
So unless you want to trash your book don't bother.
>>
>>2369667
I think this looks good enough op.
>>
>>2369667

As a aspiring pinup artist this drawing make me angry.
It looks badly traced, theres no life.
>>
>>2369826
Hm yeah, the linework is the only redeeming factor, the anatomy is bad enough even for normies to make fun of it.
>>
>>2369826
nagel traced from photographs that himself shoot.
>>
scan them, zip them, upload them to either mega or make an imgur album and I'll try to enhance them using photoshop.
>>
>>2369883
are you fucking kidding me right now? Bad anatomy?

Jesus christ this board is fucking delusional.

All the shitty crits people get here is starting to make a lot of sense.
>>
>>2370499
Cool, though it'll be a week or more before I get the whole thing scanned.
>>
>>2369826
You're an aspiring pinup artist and you don't know who Patrick Nagel is? This makes me angry.

OP Nagel actually printed a ton of his work officially back in the day, his work was really popular hence all the nail salon copy-cats. Last time i checked you could randomly find his stuff on craigslist pretty cheap, all framed up.
>>
>>2370522
Oh, sorry for noticing glaring errors faggot, those forearms are Liefeld tier.
>>
>>2371775
christ you are an idiot/ Seriously, you're a massive fucking idiot.
>>
>>2371799
Nice no substance reply, faggot.
>>
wow i didnt know about this guy i was familiar with some of his work though cool!
>>
>>2372466
how do you even reply with all those dicks in your ass and mouth? Seriously, you are the biggest faggot on 4chan

I would love to see your work. Someone that thinks nagel is bad at anatomy and proportions has to be seriously delusional. I guarantee your work is absolute dogshit. The sad part is you probably spend alot of time doing studies and reading art books too.

Just think about that for a bit anon. How shitty of anartist are you? No one will EVER pay money for your art. No one will ever have prints of your art hanging on their walls. You're going to be a 60 year old faggot that tells stories of the time of "oh I use to paint and doodle when I was in highschool" and no one will fucking care. No one will ever fucking care about you or your art. THat's how fucking shitty you are.

Don't even have to see your art to tell you're worthless. You're just one of those jealous faggots that constantly says negative shit about everyone else's art and blames the world why no one likes your work. "Oh i'ts because I don't paint women or fanart that's why no one likes my work. I use only my imagination like a true artist does not these hacks like nagel". You are that faggot. Think about all of that and just fucking kill yourself already. You're worthless and no one would care.
>>
>>2369702
This-i was really hoping to check out some scans it looks good enough like that babe
>>
>>2373677
> triggered
^ triggered
>>
>>2374490

He is not wrong though.
>>
>>2373677
You could literally say the same about Liefeld, Tracey Emin or even fucking Christ Chan.

I don't deny that hacks can experience success, plebs have poor taste and bad art is acceptable to their unrefined palette, that's how it is most of the time, actually great artists like Vermeer can quite easily go unappreciated.

I'll try and dumb this down for you - you're like some retard on /v/ saying Guitar Hero is a better game than SOTC just because it sold better.
>>
>>2375316
>palette
*palate
>>
>>2369665
>Nagelphile OP
FUCKING BASED
feel free to drop by my thread if you wish: >>2355956
>>2373677
Is this pasta? kek
>>2369883
>the anatomy is bad enough
He traced photographs you cunt
>>
>>2375316
christ you are fucking delusional. What sort of mental gymnastics are you trained in?
>>
>>2369667
You can see that this was scanned from a magazine because you can see the type on the reverse side. Try putting a black sheet of construction paper behind the page and scan it again. This might help lessen the appearance of see through text. I'm guessing the inside scanner lid is white.
>>
>>2369665

I always see his work literally at every place i go to get a haircut.
>>
>>2378085
Wish I could.

>>2378074
Artbook actually.

>>2376180
Cool, I'll check it out for a bit.

Anyway I've begun to upload what I've been scanning to a onedrive folder. Here's the link:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=96A2C4BD7B5E7D1E!126&authkey=!ALDVox97uaXcCp4&ithint=folder%2cjpg
>>
>>2378341
I'll download the images after you're done uploading all the pages. Then I will crop out and resize the images. Clean them up a bit in photoshop. Add in other high resolution copies of his work and compile it into a folder and upload to mega/MF.
>>
>>2378341
>Wish I could.
i know right, based Nagel
too bad he's barely known in my country
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.