[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i heard that smoking cigarettes is a good way to steady your

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 2084404295_d2400ded_0431.jpg (678KB, 613x800px) Image search: [Google]
2084404295_d2400ded_0431.jpg
678KB, 613x800px
i heard that smoking cigarettes is a good way to steady your hand for detailed work, is it the nicotine or the other shit in the smoke that gets the job done?
also general art hacks thread.
things you do to improve your drawing such as substance and or tools.

please mark this thread for deletion if its too of topic.
>>
I drink lots of bleach to calm my nerves. You should try it too, OP.
>>
>>2369651

A lot of adult/hentai artists work with a small buttplug in their rectum. Sounds weird, but apparently it gently stimulates the prostate and increases focus
>>
>>2369651

Smoking cigarettes is a great way to smell bad, waste thousands of dollars a year and destroy your health; it's not good for much else.

You should probably practice instead op (search Dynamic Sketching on youtube). If your hands are still really that shaky after practicing those exercises for several hours every day for 3 months you probably should just learn how to use vectors instead of raster digitally or paint like Pollock instead of Rembrandt
>>
File: 1415646567291.jpg (106KB, 1273x922px) Image search: [Google]
1415646567291.jpg
106KB, 1273x922px
Please tell me you're not actually considering to shorten your life with 10 years due to debunked smoking myths, OP. Please tell me you're not that goddamn stupid.
>>
>>2369686
b-but you look cool like in the movies!
>>
proud of you /ic/, smoking is fucking disgusting.
>>
looks like the tobaco cartel is getting desperate
>>
idk op i smoke but im pretty sure it doesnt help at all, and its not worth it to start smoking for such a stupid reason.
>>
File: 1453634829527.gif (555KB, 139x140px) Image search: [Google]
1453634829527.gif
555KB, 139x140px
Even if this was true, it's not worth it. Due to tolerance you will have to increase the amount of nicotine intake all the time to keep the same effect, if you don't you will get worse and worse abstinence issues, which include nervousness and shaking, shaking much worse than now. So unless you are ok with handling the adverse effects of smoking like cancer and then death, i would say practice more.

However, there are some good calming pills, I take em, muscle relaxant, it's available for purchase over the counter here without recipe (europe), it's called Guajacuran (active ingredient is guaifenesin). It's not very strong but it calms me nicely and I'm pretty shaky. It's pretty old and the doctor told me there aren't many adverse effects only sleepiness and it doesn't build any dependence.
>>
My art hack is using chopsticks for every meal. It increases your pen holding grip dexterity
>>
File: image.png (13KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
13KB, 555x407px
>>2371253
>>
>>2371223
Do you want to live forever?
>>
>>2371288
lmao weeb
>>
As a smoker I feel like it's not a good thing too much/a lack of nicotine makes my hands shake like I got Parkinson's.
>>
It steadies my hand quite a bit because I'm addicted to nicotine.

If you're not addicted to nicotine then it will probably make you feel light headed and queasy, so don't be an idiot.

Any other smokers ITT, get switched over to vaping, changed my life. Obviously quitting is better.
>>
>>2371296
>taking the b8
>>
File: 1427270310948.png (36KB, 437x460px) Image search: [Google]
1427270310948.png
36KB, 437x460px
In my experience, the best way to calm your nerves is a deep inhalation of a ragful of diethyl-ether.
>>
>>2369651
I used to transfer all my feelings to my hand and unleash my inner shounen spirit to the canvas.
>>
I usually fap before and sometimes while drawing. Calms my nerves and helps me keeping my stroke stright.
>>
>>2371295
+10 years is not forever
>>
>>2369651
>is it the nicotine or the other shit in the smoke that gets the job done?
Even if you didn't pay much attention in school, you really, really could have just googled this first before starting up discussion.

Nicotine is a stimulant, and inhalation via smoking has a very short high. For a non-addict, an average cigarette properly used would likely cause too much excitement, and any positive effects would fade before they could get any work done. In addition, a non-smoker would have problems adjusting to the reduced oxygen, causing further problems.
Orally ingested it has a slightly more drawn out high, but any positive effects on drawing ability for non-addicts are negligible and generally not worth the price.

The "other shit" are basically just poison.

So in short, no.

Alcohol, on the other hand, is a depressant, and at low doses (~1 serving) does reduce shaking without impairing higher functions. Wouldn't make that a habit either, though, but it could work in a pinch.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.