[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do when your wrist and the point of your middle finger

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1452787918249.png (54KB, 248x257px) Image search: [Google]
1452787918249.png
54KB, 248x257px
What to do when your wrist and the point of your middle finger are hurting but you have a lot to draw?
>>
>>2369434
Ice your hand, keep it straight, don't use it for a few days. After that, make sure to do your stretches before, during, after drawing sessions. Remember to draw from your elbow and shoulder, never your wrist.

Carpal Tunnel will fuck you up if you don't watch out.
>>
>>2369434
You tell whoever you have to draw for that you can't, and then you relax the fuck out of that hand.

When old people say that young people (In this case, young is not just 15 year olds) think they're immortal, I'm increasingly coming to realize that they don't mean "You're doing stupid dangerous shit" all the time, but also that they frequently don't take care of themselves and end up with injuries. If you draw, don't give yourself Carpal Tunnel, because then you'll end up in far more trouble than skipping a few days of drawing you have to do.
>>
>>2369434

Aside from what the others have said about resting, this might also be a good time to re-evaluate your grip. A lot of artists does some weird kind of death grip thing with their pencil and that promotes tension and down the road pain and injury.
>>
>>2369452
I'll do that. Thanks.

>>2369455
>>2369461
I've been drawing for about 10 hours. I've seen artists draw for way more time than this without pain. I must be doing something wrong.
>>
>>2369465
I notices that putting pressure on the pen not with the tip of the finger, but a little down, like when you have big nails, takes a lot of from the effort to do it

but now I have to figure out a way in which I don't bend my wrist upwards, since I like to rest my hand on the drawing surface and the new way of griping the pen makes me do so
>>
>>2369434
Take estrogen because obviously you are not a man. I swear women and their arthritis and fat problems are shitting this board up.
>>
>>2369507
Tell that to my Grandad and he will beat you to death with his crutch.
>>
>>2369507
Tell that to my Grandad and he will beat you to death with his crutch. Arthiritis is serious business.
>>
>>2369434
where is this comic from?
>>
It's so hard to draw from your arm 2bh
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.