[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are good art things to buy if you can afford it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 100.jpg (13KB, 347x145px) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
13KB, 347x145px
Im thinking of getting a cintiq or a simmilar off brand product, but what else are great things to buy if you can afford it?
>>
>>2365835
if you have tons of money you can pay for you own studio and get people to model for you. rent a gallery, be a normie, etc.
>>
>>2365835
Get a pen to ink your work with
>>
if you can afford it, stretch your own canvases. the difference between the pre-stretched canvases and cotton duck or linen you stretch yourself is night and day. it's also great because you can take canvas off stretcher bars and reuse them for a new painting, so down the road you are saving some money. it's just an investment up front to buy the stuff you need.
>>
>>2368542
Yup, even better us to get a high quality drop-cloth and use it instead of art store bullshit. Often very similar thread count and way heavier.

Also, hardboard and gesso it yourself is a great "go fuck yourself" to op'd art stores.
>>
A good drawing table with angular surface, an easel, good lights, different sculpts, many canvases, paints, bruches, pencils etc.
>>
If I had to prioritise, Ill start with a new spacious apartment/studio, then a drafting table and a setup that doesnt break my back. Thats all I need right now; I could do with my current supplies, I just want to be more comfortable when Im working.
A cintiq and a second monitor would be next, to make my workflow a bit more efficient (possibly more accurate hand/eye coordination on cintiq, and so that I dont have to alt-tab for references)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.