[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you regain lost passion to draw?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 878678446.jpg (50KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
878678446.jpg
50KB, 720x480px
>>
>>2364604
Passion is a myth, just draw and you'll keep going for a few hours.
>>
you dont, you just force yourself to draw.
it comes back eventually.
>>
You draw.

I'm just getting myself out of a week or so's slump. I find the best thing get myself back on the saddle is drawing something I'm really proud of... Easier said than done, I know, but if you sit your ass down and draw enough things you'll pump one out eventually, even if you just stay in your comfort zone to do it.

I dunno how common it is, but in my experience I basically cycle every month or so. I hit a high point where I'm really confident, and I'm willing to experiment and do stuff and generally I'm pleased with what I do, so I'm motivated to draw. Then that tapers off, I'm reluctant to start on things because I know they'll be difficult, and I lose all my enthusiasm. But if you just slug through the lack of enthusiasm, you'll probably do a thing you really like and it'll give it another boost.
>>
To truly do something you have to force yourself.

Need to wake up early? Have to force yourself to stop being a sleepy and go to the kitchen.
Want to get something in a game but it has many trails? Got to force yourself to do those?
Want to do art but it procrastinating like a shit? FORCE YOURSELF TO DRAW.

LIFE IS LITERALLY YOU DRAGGING 'YOU' TO DO YOUR GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
>>
>>2364604
i look at my senpai's work
>>
>>2364604
You have to learn that passion and motivation are fickle. You have to learn that many of the world's best in many different fields didn't get up and love training every morning, but they did it anyway. You have to become someone who does it anyway. Sometimes you will be passionate and motivated, sometimes you won't. But you have to draw regardless if you want to get anywhere.

That's all.
>>
>>2364604
Don't be afraid of making mistakes, consider them a chance to learn instead of signs of failure. Take risks and experiment. Also remember to do studies (even those you find boring or hard), as they will pay off in the end.
>>
I think one of the biggest lies that we've all been told is that every champion woke up every day and loved every minute of their training. that's just not true. You have to force yourself to do shit because if you don't, you'll just default to your "comfortable mode" and just not do it.
>>
Listen to me Dimitri, I tell Ivan this earlier.

Passion is women emotion that is nothingness before great bear of reality. To slay bear one must practice with glorious kalishnikov many time, tiny emotion will only cause you panic. In same fashion to draw and paint pretty picture you must be of drawing each and every day Dimitri, and to draw each and every day it must be habit, fueled by permanent inexhaustible willpower, not quick bright flare of mental ovaries. You must become man of glorious iron, draw like machine, poop same time, 2 pm, 3 kilogram, every day. If you diareah and shit all your shit out at once at random you dehydrate, die. In same fashion if you diareah you paint all over canvas when head bowels scream for release you have no paint to poop out tomorrow.
>>
>>2364604
this has been working for me so far combined with LMS thread https://habitica.com
>>
>>2364604
Motivation is pathetic Americano nonsense, discipline will keep you in practice
Do a Draw Every Day challenge, keep doing them until you complete one. Then do more.
>>
>>2364604
Don't listen to these retards, unless you're simply feeling uninspired. If it's a question of willpower, you can force yourself.

However, if it's a question of depression, monotony or isolation, you'll probably need to change up your routine. Find other hobbies, meet friends or just find some way of leaving your house. This is the only thing that's helped me. If I stay isolated for too long, I simply lose any will to draw. Forcing myself simply doesn't work, because I draw far worse when I'm uninspired and become even more disillusioned with drawing. You'll find the same pattern if you look up occupational burnout, which is what people get if they're overworking and unmotivated, and try to cure it by working even harder.

So yeah, if you're just lazy, you need discipline. But if you genuinely find no joy at all in drawing, you need to make some lifestyle changes.
>>
>>2367037
Weirdly good advice
>>
>>2367037
Thank you Igor, will keep in mind.
Will also drink vodka tonight.
>>
>>2368866
I've been looking from something like that shit
do you guys have any group?
>>
>>2364628
I share this curse anon.
>>
>>2369505

Well there seems to be an art guild where people talk about /ic/ things and they post their work so I guess that substitutes.
>>
>>2364604
dont drink or do coke if youre in the process of learning drawing or drawing. it makes your depressed and you'll lose the will to draw.
just look for things that make you wana draw stuff. for me looking and watching hentai inspires me to keep drawing. everytime i look at a ecchi or a hentai drawing i just say "i wana create something as good as that" being a little bit cheese and a fag but yeah drawing aint for everyone but we only want to becasue we wana either get good at it and make profit.
>>
>>2364604
>How do you regain lost passion to draw?
How do you regain lost godfucking damn shit cunt fuck passion to draw?
you know, i discovered a funny thing today
there is a guy my exact same age living twenty kilometes from me
he does exclusively sailor moon and saint seya fan art. nothing else. he's pretty good at it also
he managed to get some shit comic published when he was 16, and from there he started collaborating everywhere in my country
he's become pretty popular
by photocopying sailor moon only
I have the same fucking age, its the same fucking time i throw away my time drawing, but i still can't draw anything
i never get noticed. nobody cares about my shit. because its shit
can you fucking
imagine
how i feel? what passion? what the fucking hell idiocy are you talking about?
you stupid fucking shit, there are just two things here
if you're good, you don't need shit like passion
if you're shit, then you need passion so while you draw you can imagine hope at the end of the goddamn fucking job
you need some fucking passion op?
then you should just quit fucking drawing
I should do the same
>>
File: kw1U5Fc.jpg (75KB, 234x240px) Image search: [Google]
kw1U5Fc.jpg
75KB, 234x240px
>>2369124
Seconded

I used to draw non stop, it was my dream just to be able to draw all the time but reality hit after collage and I had to get a job, support myself as well as some how be social in those precious few hours free. I fell into a deep depression never being able to make time for either and I stopped drawing anything at all for 3 whole years. It took finding a new job taking less hours at work and living a worse quality of life but eventually, I wanted to draw again but the anxiety of having gone so long without a doodle was a bit steep but once I realized that it's all still in your muscle memory it's just like riding a bike. Shaky at first nerve wrecking but you'll get there you never forget and I will sleep less stay in and do whatever I can to keep drawing even if it gets me no where I do it because I love it.

Change your life style, job, social activities to fit around what you want to really do. Keep a to do list if you procrastinate and if you find you can't do that write smaller tasks, break it up it makes you feel more accomplished and gets you into that drawing zone.
>>
>>2364604
>>2367037
Listen to Igor, Dimitri. He is wise.
>>
I used to love drawing, but I gave up because I didn't get pussy with it. Then I met this ugly fat girl. Licked her out, ate her sweaty hairy pussy. Smelled like shit, tasted like shit. Was probably her asshole. Realized that my only goal in life was just to eat shit and apparently it won't get better. So I came back to art, saw her there sitting, waiting. Pick up a pen, draw. Looks like shit. She's mad. But if kept drawing, perhaps she will smile at me someday.
>>
You don't. I stopped drawing about five years ago. Or to be more precise I stopped drawing pictures other than occasional shitty doodles.

Better find a new hobby!
>>
>>2364604
I'm laughing most of these replies aren't wrong, but they're regurgitation of "inspiring quotes" and I can only imagine that most of us are in the same position as you OP.
>>
>>2367037

Solid advice. Would squat with.
>>
File: Untitled.png (371KB, 516x971px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
371KB, 516x971px
>>2364604
I just look at my old art
>>
I haven't even doodled a single picture in the past 10 months, I just come here to make myself feel bad about wasting my life
>>
>>2370630
Sad
>>
>>2364604
each person varies, i'm about to come out of a 2 month slump to get back on the road to my drawing gains. i stopped because of school but now i'm back
>>
>>2364604
Join the last artist standing over at >>2370252

>>2368968
>I have drawn more the past couple weeks than I have in the past couple months

>>2369022
>I drew more than entire last year already.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.