[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey Canadians

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1452261829988.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452261829988.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
Or people in Ontario to be precise. Is there any hope here for art schools? I need a degree for a work visa down the road and I want to put myself 100% into art, so I'm getting an art degree.

Any schools that give you any internship/art employment opportunities at all? OCAD? Sheridan? Seneca? George-Brown?
>>
You get and internship at the end of third year in Sheridan's animation program. You get lots of help getting one too, so long as you apply yourself a bit it's basically guaranteed. The program's 4 years long and the BAA you get let's you work in the states ez (granted you can find the work)
>>
>>2364487

Yeah I know about the animation program, but I dislike animation and would rather do a fine art program. You know, illustration/concept art/etc.

Anything even half-decent?
>>
>>2364496
>Fine art
Gross!! Nah, just kidding. I'm only familiar with the animation program at Sheridan, sorry. One of my roommates was in the illustration program, but I don't think they get an internship at any point. They do still get their BAA to let them work in the states, though.
>>
I'm only considering this to get a work visa, honestly. I really wish I knew if there was a way to relocate to the US without a degree.

Lots of companies advertise that they offer relocation assistance. Can they pull strings to bypass shit like that?
>>
>>2364483
Why the fuck would you want to move to Burgerland?

Get your BFA, move to somewhere exotic and go hard non the oils.
>>
>>2364740

I'm considering this all the time...

Make an easy, quite steady 500$ every month freelancing. make another 300-400$ almost passively from e-commerce affiliate marketing bs stuff...

The key is to reduce your cost of living to the point where you have a lot of time to keep getting better and doing the work YOU love, while expanding your internet presence / brand in order to slowly shift towards making a living doing that very work you LOVE to make.

Amirite?
>>
You could always come on over to your ol' buddy Vancouver and settle into the backwards ways of Emily Carr... Or don't...
>>
>>2364756
This is 100% true.
>>
File: Kim.jpg (55KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
Kim.jpg
55KB, 620x372px
Any thoughts on Humber College? Some vocational college here in Toronto. It has a 2-year program in Visual and Digital Arts and I can just work for 6 more years in a relevant field and I am eligible for an H1-B visa.

http://www.humber.ca/program/visual-and-digital-arts

You think it might have any advantages to the shitty liberal/social justice art university here (OCAD)?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.